It is currently Sun Nov 18, 2018 6:53 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

Post subject: 4 Cops Shot Near My Home
PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 9:23 am 
Board Emeritus

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/state ... smsnnews11

This shooting occurred less than 10 miles from my home. The police were answering a domestic violence call when the 5 hour manhunt/shootout happened. It occurred in an area of very nice, very expensive homes somewhat new homes. Most who live in that area are professional people with good paying jobs in Charlotte which is about a 20 to 30 minute drive away.

That area went from rural grazing to expensive homes in the last 20 years because our schools are much better than Charlotte and our taxes much lower. The shooters home appears to be in the 300K+ plus range. So I am guessing the guy wasn't some drunk white trash living on "Mill Hill"many would assume.

There were reverse 911 calls warning of an active shooter and one of my friends could hear the gunfire from his home making for a long night.

At last report one of the officers was clinging to life while the other three are expected to recover. The shooter was also wounded and in the hospital but, no details on his condition.

I guess it just goes to show you never know what is truly in a persons mind or what goes on behind closed doors.

"within weeks of being rid of the likes of you, rid of every fucking one of you,we would begin to see what kind of country this ought to be" Ike Bana 6/14/18

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 9:31 am 
Board Emeritus

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/state-police-4-officers-hurt-in-shooting-in-south-carolina/ar-AAuL6hR?OCID=ansmsnnews11

This shooting occurred less than 10 miles from my home. The police were answering a domestic violence call when the 5 hour manhunt/shootout happened. It occurred in an area of very nice, very expensive homes somewhat new homes. Most who live in that area are professional people with good paying jobs in Charlotte which is about a 20 to 30 minute drive away.

That area went from rural grazing to expensive homes in the last 20 years because our schools are much better than Charlotte and our taxes much lower. The shooters home appears to be in the 300K+ plus range. So I am guessing the guy wasn't some drunk white trash living on "Mill Hill"many would assume.

There were reverse 911 calls warning of an active shooter and one of my friends could hear the gunfire from his home making for a long night.

At last report one of the officers was clinging to life while the other three are expected to recover. The shooter was also wounded and in the hospital but, no details on his condition.

I guess it just goes to show you never know what is truly in a persons mind or what goes on behind closed doors.

WTF is your point, glen? Every cop in this country knows that a DV situation is the most dangerous call a cop can go out on. Armed robbers, thieves, even gangbangers don't want to get the needle for killing a cop who shows up on the scene. But some gunner asshole maniac who's beating the shit out of his wife or girlfriend for burning the toast is a sociopathic headcase who will shoot anybody who walks in the door. The cops know it and they know the DV call is more dangerous than anything else they're likely to do that day. Likely to be the most dangerous kind of call they ever go out on their whole career on the job?

The only comment required in this story is that the misogynist asshole had easy access to firearms. You think this is the first time there was a DV incident with this asshole? Do you think a single fucking Congression Republican supports denial of a gun permit to any misogyniist asshole who has had a DV charge or an order of protection filed against him? Do you think the cops who are walking into one of these fucked up situations are happy that the violent pig woman hater could legally have a gun? WTF is wrong with you?

Last edited by Ike Bana on Wed Jan 17, 2018 9:46 am, edited 3 times in total.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 9:37 am 
Board Emeritus

WTF is your point, glen? Every cop in this country knows that a DV situation is the most dangerous call a cop can go out on. Armed robbers, thieves, even gangbangers don't want to get the needle for killing a cop who shows up on the scene. But some gunner asshole who's beating the shit out of his wife or girlfriend for burning the toast is a sociopathic headcase who will shoot anybody who walks in the door.

The cops know it and they know the DV call is dangerous. They knew the who job was dangerous when they took it. The only comment required in this story is that the asshole had easy access to firearms. WTF is wrong with you?

No real point it just makes a person feel odd when something like that happens in his neighborhood. Which even though Parham Road is a few miles from my house it is considered part of my area of the county. The area where crime rarely happens and violent crime never.

"within weeks of being rid of the likes of you, rid of every fucking one of you,we would begin to see what kind of country this ought to be" Ike Bana 6/14/18

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 9:50 am 
Board Emeritus

No real point it just makes a person feel odd when something like that happens in his neighborhood.

Odd? That's what you feel when you read a story like this? You feel fucking odd? You're not furious that this violent motherfucker rich neighbor of yours had a gun in the first place?

Oh wait, you're odd all right. Odd as it gets. Nevermind.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 11:16 am 
Board Emeritus

Odd? That's what you feel when you read a story like this? You feel fucking odd? You're not furious that this violent motherfucker rich neighbor of yours had a gun in the first place?

Oh wait, you're odd all right. Odd as it gets. Nevermind.

No unlike you I do not believe we should ban the right to keep and bear arms. As for the shooter I do not know his past history so rather than make an uninformed ignorant comment about whether or not he had the right to own a gun, I will wait until his past history becomes public.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 11:49 am 
Policy Wonk

glen, this morning there is a report in the San Francisco Chronicle of a C.H.P. (California Highway Patrol) Motorcycle Officer who suffered TWO broken legs when a vehicle driven by Woman who was DUI slammed into his unit while he was investigating an non-injury accident.

On Christmas Eve, another C.H.P. Officer was killed when a drunk driver slammed into his unit at "Maximum Enforcement" stop for drunk drivers and speeders.

In fact, 2017 was one most deadly years in the history of the California Highway Patrol.

These Men and Women face deadly situations on a daily basis.

What happened in your neighborhood is not new, just ask the Cops who patrol your community.

Glenfs posted about the Left's War On Women. Glenfs posted this after the Cosby Verdict "Gloria Allred is a media hound and an asshole. The most dangerous place to be is inbetween her and a microphone or camera". 04/27/2018.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 11:53 am 
Board Emeritus

glen, this morning there is a report in the San Francisco Chronicle of a C.H.P. (California Highway Patrol) Motorcycle Officer who suffered TWO broken legs when a vehicle driven by Woman who was DUI slammed into his unit while he was investigating an non-injury accident.

On Christmas Eve, another C.H.P. Officer was killed when a drunk driver slammed into his unit at "Maximum Enforcement" stop for drunk drivers and speeders.

In fact, 2017 was one most deadly years in the history of the California Highway Patrol.

These Men and Women face deadly situations on a daily basis.

What happened in your neighborhood is not new, just ask the Cops who patrol your community.

I know you are right but, again it feels odd when it happens at home.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 12:48 pm 
Board Emeritus

No unlike you I do not believe we should ban the right to keep and bear arms.

And that is why you, and your congressional Republican heroes are assholes. This violent motherfucker should never have been able to lay his hands on a gun.

And you lie like a fucking dog. I do not believe we should ban the right to keep and bear arms. Only the arms that by the intent of their design have no purpose other than to kill each other should be banned.

And there are a dozen posts from me on this forum that prove you're a fucking liar when you post shit like this.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 12:53 pm 
Policy Wonk

I fully support, along with over 90% of my Fellow Americans, Universal Background Checks for ALL OWNERS OF FIREARMS.

I fully support that ALL FIREARMS BE LICENCED AND REGISTERED.

I fully support banning any person guilty of Domestic Violence from own a Firearm.

I fully support requiring owners of Firearms to have mandatory Trigger Locks on their weapons.

I fully support banning any person with a history of Mental Illness from owning a Firearm.

Not banning firearms, just common sense control over the Use and Ownership of Firearms.

Glenfs posted about the Left's War On Women. Glenfs posted this after the Cosby Verdict "Gloria Allred is a media hound and an asshole. The most dangerous place to be is inbetween her and a microphone or camera". 04/27/2018.

Last edited by marindem on Wed Jan 17, 2018 12:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 12:53 pm 
Policy Wonk

And that is why you, and your congressional Republican heroes are assholes. This violent motherfucker should never have been able to lay his hands on a gun.

And you lie like a fucking dog. I do not believe we should ban the right to keep and bear arms. Only the arms that by the intent of their design have no purpose other than to kill each other should be banned.

And there are a dozen posts from me on this forum that prove you're a fucking liar when you post shit like this.

glen lies on a daily basis.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 1:41 pm 
Board Emeritus

Glen is uneasy about reality intruding on his country utopia that he's always holding up as so much better than New York City. The unease is normal. The gang shooting up the street here in L.A. felt a bit close. A couple of rival groups got into it at a 7-11 parking lot. Happens.

Cops DO hate DVs/IPVs. They're confronting people in some pretty agitated states. Put a gun into it, and it's easy for someone to get hurt.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 3:53 pm 
Board Emeritus

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/state-police-4-officers-hurt-in-shooting-in-south-carolina/ar-AAuL6hR?OCID=ansmsnnews11

Welcome to the real world. Domestic violence isn't confined to any one social or economic status or area but it is everywhere. As Zowie said, cops hate responding to domestic violence calls because they don't know what they're walking into.