RadioFreeLiberal.com

Smart Voices, Be Heard
It is currently Wed Sep 19, 2018 1:04 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 324 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 13  Next
PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2018 4:49 pm 
Board Emeritus

I think we are seeing just the very beginning of what will be a huge change of EVERYTHING in our culture. And in my opinion, it's about damned time. There's going to be a BUNCH of men scared to death because of their past, and I say tough shit.

My conscience is clear, as I've always treated women with dignity and respect.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2018 5:50 pm 
Board Emeritus

I think we are seeing just the very beginning of what will be a huge change of EVERYTHING in our culture. And in my opinion, it's about damned time. There's going to be a BUNCH of men scared to death because of their past, and I say tough shit.

That's nice your conscience is clear.

Have all women treated you with dignity and respect?

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2018 5:50 pm 
Board Emeritus

It's too early to say yet whether it's going to produce a huge cultural shift. It's still in its infancy and hasn't grown enough to really affect change. The movement is a good one since it addresses sexual harassment/conduct but for it to be effective the major players in business, sports, entertainment, government, colleges/schools, religion, etc. are going to have to be the leaders in their industries to implement the changes and to enforce their compliance. It will be about 10 years before we see the effects of these changes but we will start seeing the changes, when they're approaching high school age, as the young children of today's parents start learning the new norms. In another two or three generations, about 60 years in the future, the actions of our generations will be as appalling to them as the concept of slavery is to us today.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2018 6:01 pm 
Board Emeritus

BTW, some of the people coming forward in #metoo are men ... (and even in some few cases, they are not accusing other men, either) ...

(there's been some debate over whether women can really rape men ... won't engage it, the subject is complex and challenges certain cultural notions ... I believe they certainly can commit sexual harassment and assault, it's just rare.)

BTW2, Steve Wynn ... mentioned in the Franken thread, which seems to have become our catch-all for "latest allegations," has now resigned as RNC finance chair.

RNC finance chair Steve Wynn resigns after sexual harassment allegations
https://www.politico.com/story/2018/01/ ... ons-373768

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2018 6:39 pm 
Board Emeritus

That's nice your conscience is clear.

Have all women treated you with dignity and respect?

Yes, pretty much. I can't think of any that haven't. I've had a lot of female coworkers with whom I've had quite good professional relationships over the years.

In my experience, women have treated men far better than the men have treated women.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2018 6:58 pm 
Policy Wonk

you say your conscience is clear and you always treated women with dignity and respect but if you are accused in spite of your claims would you be ok with being fired or immediately resign your position give up your title or license or would you want due process to be involved?

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2018 7:06 pm 
Board Emeritus

you say your conscience is clear and you always treated women with dignity and respect but if you are accused in spite of your claims would you ok with being fired or immediately resign your position give up your title or license or would you want due process to be involved?

What will happen will happen. Again, in my experience, most women who claimed harassment weren't making it up. But most women who claimed harassment were automatically disbelieved and attacked. I think the chances of being caught in a completely fabricated accusation are quite small.

I'm sick and tired of people automatically disbelieving the women.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2018 7:33 pm 
Board Emeritus

I'm becoming better at resisting the temptation to speculate about whether the charges these women bring are valid or invalid. At first i did a little of that. But then I realized that I can't possibly read an article or two about it and know.

I stand for due process. Neither believing or disbelieving anyone. I say allow due process of courts of law to sort out the evidence. I'm done with calling for people to resign or be fired based upon an unruly mob's suspicion.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2018 7:35 pm 
Board Emeritus

I'm becoming better at resisting the temptation to speculate about whether the charges these women bring are valid or invalid. At first i did a little of that. But then I realized that I can't possibly read an article or two about it and know.

I stand for due process. Neither believing or disbelieving anyone. I say allow due process of courts of law to sort out the evidence. I'm done with calling for people to resign or be fired based upon an unruly mob's suspicion.

That's what predators count on. They make sure there's no witnesses, and then attack the victims.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2018 7:40 pm 
Board Emeritus

That's what predators count on. They make sure there's no witnesses, and then attack the victims.

I'm not going to join the lynch mob GoUnion.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2018 7:46 pm 
Board Emeritus

That's YOUR assertion, not mine. Sounds to me like you're far more trusting of the men than the women. Not surprised.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2018 7:46 pm 
Board Emeritus

The tide is turning. Change is happening.

I personally know two women who were assaulted. It happened to one of them twice, once when she was in elementary school. Neither of them said a word about it to their parents or friends when it happened because, at the time, they were afraid they'd have been called liars or questioned what they did to allow it to happen in the first place. They felt deep shame and guilt. One of them recently told me she still feels shame and guilt, even though she is a victim.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2018 7:48 pm 
Board Emeritus

Hey, when you're raped, it's almost always done without witnesses. So, women who are raped are disbelieved, or blamed.

What it sounds like Sam is arguing for is the status quo.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2018 8:02 pm 
Board Emeritus

Hey, when you're raped, it's almost always done without witnesses. So, women who are raped are disbelieved, or blamed.

What it sounds like Sam is arguing for is the status quo.

Sounds like you are in favor of guilty until proven guilty. We have no way of knowing who is making up a story, who believes they were taken advantage of when they weren't and who are the true victims.

Personally I believe the more victims that come forward the more likely the man is a predator
But that being said I know some guys who were falsely accused and some 50 pulse year old women who claim they were victims when they were young

When in fact they were just what we used to refer to as loose.

"within weeks of being rid of the likes of you, rid of every fucking one of you,we would begin to see what kind of country this ought to be" Ike Bana 6/14/18

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2018 8:09 pm 
Board Emeritus

When in fact they were just what we used to refer to as loose.

They were, were they? How very sexist of you.

Women that enjoy sex are considered "loose" according to guys like Glen. Loose, or sluts. While men that enjoy sex are looked up to and considered cool, or studs. Fucking pathetic.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2018 8:09 pm 
Board Emeritus

Relax, there's no lynch mob.

Stop calling the cops on us.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2018 8:13 pm 
Board Emeritus

But that being said I know some guys who were falsely accused and some 50 pulse year old women who claim they were victims when they were young

Sure, you do.

Every conservative white male knows somebody who didn't get into Harvard because of affirmative action, too.

The two attitudes are directly related.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2018 8:20 pm 
Board Emeritus

They were, were they? How very sexist of you.

Women that enjoy sex are considered "loose" according to guys like Glen. Loose, or sluts. While men that enjoy sex are looked up to and considered cool, or studs. Fucking pathetic.

And those who don't f' over women are f#gs.

Glen and other conservative males can't do math. Today's "50 year old women" were 20 in the late 80s, when workplace sexual harassment was supposed to be a punishable offense, and also right around the time of Anita Hill/Clarence Thomas, when the problem hit the news like no other time in history. "50 years ago" was not the 1950s.

Oh yes, and any woman who doesn't conform to their Courtland Sykes lifestyle is loose, to them. :? :problem:

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2018 8:21 pm 
Board Emeritus

That's YOUR assertion, not mine. Sounds to me like you're far more trusting of the men than the women. Not surprised.

It certainly was an assertion, a firm no nonsense forceful statement of my position. I was very explicit GoUnion in my remarks. I said:

Quote:

Your statement "Sounds to me like you're far more trusting of the men than the women. Not surprised." Gives me more confidence in my assertion, reinforcing my belief that my position is the correct position to take.

You have shown me the unruly mob I was concerned about, that mob is you.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2018 8:26 pm 
Board Emeritus

Sure, you do.

Every conservative white male knows somebody who didn't get into Harvard because of affirmative action, too.

The two attitudes are directly related.

There are at least two posters on this board who had close family members falsely accused of sexual misconduct. I have a niece who is married to a man who to this day has to spend Halloween at the local PD. Because he was caught having consensual sex by his girlfriends mother. He was barely overage and she was barely underage.

So yes I do know and know of people who were falsely accused. I also know many girls who back in the day were screwing everyone. Today as they approach 60 you can find them on facebook claiming that men are just pure shit heals. Along with posts about why arent there any good men or where are all the good men.

Dallas Cowboy running back Zeke Elliot was suspended for 6 games this last season because he was accused of sexual misdeeds by a former college girlfriend. Who was on record as saying to him I am white you are black nobody is ever going to believe you I will destroy you.

So once again many men do get falsely accused and once they are there is pretty much no way to defend themselves from the accusations.

"within weeks of being rid of the likes of you, rid of every fucking one of you,we would begin to see what kind of country this ought to be" Ike Bana 6/14/18

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2018 8:36 pm 
Board Emeritus

It certainly was an assertion, a firm no nonsense forceful statement of my position. I was very explicit GoUnion in my remarks. I said:

Your statement "Sounds to me like you're far more trusting of the men than the women. Not surprised." Gives me more confidence in my assertion, reinforcing my belief that my position is the correct position to take.

Fuck off.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2018 8:38 pm 
Board Emeritus

There are at least two posters on this board who had close family members falsely accused of sexual misconduct. I have a niece who is married to a man who to this day has to spend Halloween at the local PD. Because he was caught having consensual sex by his girlfriends mother. He was barely overage and she was barely underage.

So yes I do know and know of people who were falsely accused. I also know many girls who back in the day were screwing everyone. Today as they approach 60 you can find them on facebook claiming that men are just pure shit heals. Along with posts about why arent there any good men or where are all the good men.

Sure, you can.

Quote:
Dallas Cowboy running back Zeke Elliot was suspended for 6 games this last season because he was accused of sexual misdeeds by a former college girlfriend. Who was on record as saying to him I am white you are black nobody is ever going to believe you I will destroy you.

So once again many men do get falsely accused and once they are there is pretty much no way to defend themselves from the accusations.

And all of a sudden, in 2018, white conservative males are now concerned about Black men being falsely accused of sexual "misdeeds" by white women.

Right?

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2018 8:39 pm 
Board Emeritus

What unruly mob?

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2018 8:43 pm 
Board Emeritus

What unruly mob?

Metaphor Carmenjonze.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2018 8:44 pm 
Board Emeritus

Metaphor Carmenjonze.

Translation: "I pulled it out of my ass".

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 324 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 13  Next