RadioFreeLiberal.com

Smart Voices, Be Heard
It is currently Sun Dec 16, 2018 7:42 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 329 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 14  Next
PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2018 8:49 pm 
Board Emeritus

Metaphor Carmenjonze.

There aren't any lynchmobs or unruly mobs, not even metaphorically.

Stop calling the cops on us.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2018 8:51 pm 
Board Emeritus

Translation: "I pulled it out of my ass".

No, that's your projection Mr. "Sounds to me like you're far more trusting of the men than the women. Not surprised."

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2018 8:53 pm 
Board Emeritus

No, that's your projection Mr. "Sounds to me like you're far more trusting of the men than the women. Not surprised."

You had to piss backwards, not me.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2018 8:56 pm 
Board Emeritus

There aren't any lynchmobs or unruly mobs, not even metaphorically.

A "lynchmob" is a well established metaphor for due process of law being short circuited by public pressure.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2018 8:57 pm 
Board Emeritus

A "lynchmob" is a well established metaphor for due process of law being short circuited by public pressure.

No, I'M a lynchmob, remember?

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2018 8:58 pm 
Board Emeritus

You had to piss backwards, not me.

:rofl:

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2018 9:03 pm 
Board Emeritus

Sure, it is.

There isn't any lynchmob or unruly #metoo mob.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2018 9:05 pm 
Policy Wonk

Sam Lefthand wrote:
I'm becoming better at resisting the temptation to speculate about whether the charges these women bring are valid or invalid. At first i did a little of that. But then I realized that I can't possibly read an article or two about it and know.

I stand for due process. Neither believing or disbelieving anyone. I say allow due process of courts of law to sort out the evidence. I'm done with calling for people to resign or be fired based upon an unruly mob's suspicion.

agree with this

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2018 9:07 pm 
Board Emeritus

Sam's bullshit aside, my point is this: The rules need to change. For instance, when I'm traveling, I don't have women, even if they are friends, in my hotel room. Interaction at the hotel is in public spaces in the hotel. I don't even ask what room they are in. In the future, a hotel room is not someplace where business should be conducted. Office doors should remain open. In the movie business, all interactions between people should be in mixed groups, male and female, whether it's auditions or deals on contracts.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2018 9:08 pm 
Board Emeritus

agree with this

Show me the unruly mob.

Or, maybe I should start a thread, "Lefty men saw a hashtag"

:problem:

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2018 9:09 pm 
Board Emeritus

agree with this

So, you believe that nothing should have happened to Harvey Weinstein, right?

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2018 9:13 pm 
Board Emeritus

They were, were they? How very sexist of you.

Women that enjoy sex are considered "loose" according to guys like Glen. Loose, or sluts. While men that enjoy sex are looked up to and considered cool, or studs. Fucking pathetic.

No I was just using the words we used in the 70's.

I guess I should have said I know many women who 40+years ago had consensual sex with many different partners. Whom today claim to be victims.

Is that better officer PC.

"within weeks of being rid of the likes of you, rid of every fucking one of you,we would begin to see what kind of country this ought to be" Ike Bana 6/14/18

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2018 9:15 pm 
Board Emeritus

No I was just using the words we used in the 70's.

I guess I should have said I know many women who 40+years ago had consensual sex with many different partners. Whom today claim to be victims.

Is that better officer PC.

So, if they had consensual sex with many partners, is it possible for them to be harassed or raped?

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2018 9:16 pm 
Board Emeritus

So, you believe that nothing should have happened to Harvey Weinstein, right?

Harvey Weinstein has had multiple accusers come forward. Take Sen Franken, when he was first accused I believed he deserved the benefit of the doubt. Then after the dam broke loose......well not so much.

The very best thing that hopefully will come of all of this is, men who do harass women will now think twice about doing so.

I agree with your notion that this is going to be a watershed for massive cultural change. Change that is long over due.

"within weeks of being rid of the likes of you, rid of every fucking one of you,we would begin to see what kind of country this ought to be" Ike Bana 6/14/18

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2018 9:18 pm 
Board Emeritus

So, if they had consensual sex with many partners, is it possible for them to be harassed or raped?

Of course it is, which is not at all what I am saying. Which is the guilty until proven guilty stance is not the one a person should be taking.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2018 9:18 pm 
Policy Wonk

Show me the unruly mob.

Or, maybe I should start a thread, "Lefty men saw a hashtag"

:problem:

what is wrong with having due process or equal treatment under the law?

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2018 9:19 pm 
Board Emeritus

Harvey Weinstein has had multiple accusers come forward. Take Sen Franken, when he was first accused I believed he deserved the benefit of the doubt. Then after the dam broke loose......well not so much.

The very best thing that hopefully will come of all of this is, men who do harass women will now think twice about doing so.

I agree with your notion that this is going to be a watershed for massive cultural change. Change that is long over due.

Both Sam and Motor City are demanding ONLY proof that can stand up in court. If Weinstein didn't admit to anything, it would never stand up in court.

So, where are we with that?

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2018 9:19 pm 
Board Emeritus

I ask again - what about Weinstein?

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2018 9:20 pm 
Board Emeritus

Of course it is, which is not at all what I am saying. Which is the guilty until proven guilty stance is not the one a person should be taking.

I don't think a woman's sexual history should have a goddamned thing to do with it.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2018 9:21 pm 
Board Emeritus

Where's the unruly mob, man.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2018 9:23 pm 
Board Emeritus

To realize what's REALLY going on, you should take a look at the gymnastics situation.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2018 9:24 pm 
Board Emeritus

Perfect example of how conservative white Evangelicals rationalize their support of Donald Trump

I guess I should have said I know many women who 40+years ago had consensual sex with many different partners.

What's that got to do with accusations of sexual assault, battery, harassment, or rape?

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2018 9:27 pm 
Board Emeritus

carmenjonze wrote:

Where's the unruly mob, man.

gounion wrote:
I ask again - what about Weinstein?

Carmin, GoUnion, I would imagine that Motor City after spending such a long time here has already been introduced to Strawman.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2018 9:31 pm 
Board Emeritus

To realize what's REALLY going on, you should take a look at the gymnastics situation.

Gymnastics, or the industry I'm in.

Wired has two related stories on the mentality that props up these men, and conceives of any pushback against them as a 14th Amendment-violating unruly mob bent on lynching men.

'Sex Party' or 'Nerds on a Couch'? A Night in Silicon Valley - this one references the Vanity Fair article, which was also quite good

The Dirty War Over Diversity Inside Google

These focus on the name-recognition, A-lister types, but I've seen a couple instances of smaller, wannabe versions.

Quote:
In interviews with WIRED, 15 current Google employees accuse coworkers of inciting outsiders to harass rank-and-file employees who are minority advocates, including queer and transgender employees. Since August, screenshots from Google’s internal discussion forums, including personal information, have been displayed on sites including Breitbart and Vox Popoli, a blog run by alt-right author Theodore Beale, who goes by the name Vox Day. Other screenshots were included in a 161-page lawsuit that Damore filed in January, alleging that Google discriminates against whites, males, and conservatives.

:roll:

These articles talk about the name-recognition, A-lister communities, but I've observed a couple instances of smaller, wannabe versions. Especially of that last guy Damore, who got caught peddling WN sexism and misogyny that he thought was anonymous.

These guys simply can't compete. That is really the bottom line. Sex, power, money, cheating, sexual battery...they think these give them a leg up because those things always have for those types. But not when they're outed for what they are.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2018 9:32 pm 
Board Emeritus

Carmin, GoUnion, I would imagine that Motor City after spending such a long time here has already been introduced to Strawman.

Fuck, you won't even answer the question.

It's not a hard question. Why are you scared of it?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 329 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 14  Next