Smart Voices, Be Heard
It is currently Wed Sep 19, 2018 8:45 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 8:41 pm 
Board Emeritus

http://www.nwherald.com/2018/02/07/year ... s/a1f0wfi/

In this AP article by Sara Burnett we learn that leading Democratic Party candidate for Illinois Governor Billionaire J B Pritzker. Who she describes as the Democratic Establishment Pick is on a recording taken by investigators between him and then Gov. Blagojevich calling Sec of the State Jesse White " the least offensive of the African Americans" being considered for Barak Obama's seat in the Senate.

Now recently most progressives here have claimed that the GOP is wrong for not running a candidate against extreme RW nuts who are running nothing more than vanity campaigns. We have also learned that those same progressives believe that those who voted for Roy Moore support pedophilia.

Well now we will see if their are hypocrites, just spouting off against the GOP in general or are truly sincere. Here we have the number one contender in the Illinois Governors race using racist language and calling every African American who was being considered to replace President Obama OFFENSIVE.

Even with that being on tape and indisputable Cook County President Toni Preckwinkle has enthusiastically endorsed him after the fact. Does that make her a racist? Illinois Sec of State Jesse White has not only endorsed him but is pictured in the article in the newspaper standing next to Pritzker speaking while endorsing him. Does that make White a self hating Black or as some have called Sen Scott R SC a race traitor?

How about those Democratic Voters who vote for him on election day? Are those of you who label those who voted for Moore racist, ready to label those Illinois Democratic voters the same?

Or maybe, just maybe some of you were just riding on your high horses and hold Republicans to one standard and Democrats to a different much lower standard.

Finally to those who claim there is a difference between the two parties and those who claim they are pretty much the same are wrong..........well where do you folks stand now.

Keep in mind we aren't talking here about some crack pot running a vanity campaign. Or some 70+ year old racist who doesn't have the support of the party. We are talking about a mainstream candidate who is currently the favorite to win. Being endorsed by the Sec of State as well as the President of the Democratic Party of Cook County.

"within weeks of being rid of the likes of you, rid of every fucking one of you,we would begin to see what kind of country this ought to be" Ike Bana 6/14/18

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 10:06 pm 
Board Emeritus

Just read your link. Far different from your post. From the article:

But the fallout has been harsh. A well-known African-American minister rescinded an invitation for Pritzker to speak at his church. Pritzker’s rivals in the March 20 primary said he’s now unelectable, and a Pritzker campaign field organizer publicly resigned over the comments.

On the recordings, Pritzker told Blagojevich that Secretary of State Jesse White is the “least offensive” of the African-Americans being considered for Barack Obama’s spot in the Senate. He also said former Illinois Senate President Emil Jones is too “crass” to be “Senate material.”

Jones, who’s supporting businessman Chris Kennedy in the primary, refused to accept Pritzker’s apology. His response prompted the Chicago Sun-Times to put Jones’ boldfaced message to Pritzker on the newspaper’s front page: “Shove it up your crass.”

I've never heard of this guy. Looks to me like he's toast. He WAS the leading contender. Not anymore.

Contrast this to Roy Moore, who, after being found to be a pedophile, had Donald Trump stump for him, and got 91% of the Republican vote.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 10:12 pm 
Policy Wonk

But the fallout has been harsh. A well-known African-American minister rescinded an invitation for Pritzker to speak at his church. Pritzker’s rivals in the March 20 primary said he’s now unelectable, and a Pritzker campaign field organizer publicly resigned over the comments.

On the recordings, Pritzker told Blagojevich that Secretary of State Jesse White is the “least offensive” of the African-Americans being considered for Barack Obama’s spot in the Senate. He also said former Illinois Senate President Emil Jones is too “crass” to be “Senate material.”

Jones, who’s supporting businessman Chris Kennedy in the primary, refused to accept Pritzker’s apology. His response prompted the Chicago Sun-Times to put Jones’ boldfaced message to Pritzker on the newspaper’s front page: “Shove it up your crass.”

I've never heard of this guy. Looks to me like he's toast. He WAS the leading contender. Not anymore.

Contrast this to Roy Moore, who, after being found to be a pedophile, had Donald Trump stump for him, and got 91% of the Republican vote.

At least he apologized
glenfs always carries the water for Nazis & pedophiles with his "look over here" bullshit

Why would someone born in Hawaii have a CT SSI number?

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 11:11 pm 
Board Emeritus

President of the Cook County Democratic Party and Jesse White Sec of State also a Democrat have endorsed him after the fact. So in your opinion are those who vote for him racist? Or do you reserve that judgement only for Republicans who vote for racist.

As far as that goes do you now consider Jesse White and the President of the Cook County Democratic Party to be racist?

#youwillneveranswer

"within weeks of being rid of the likes of you, rid of every fucking one of you,we would begin to see what kind of country this ought to be" Ike Bana 6/14/18

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2018 2:42 am 
Policy Wonk

President of the Cook County Democratic Party and Jesse White Sec of State also a Democrat have endorsed him after the fact. So in your opinion are those who vote for him racist? Or do you reserve that judgement only for Republicans who vote for racist.

As far as that goes do you now consider Jesse White and the President of the Cook County Democratic Party to be racist?

#youwillneveranswer

endorsed him after the fact..... really? that is a complete lie. i stream wcpt..... and this shit just broke. the chicago tribune somehow got a copy of the fbi wiretaps of blago.... and they have been slowly leaking portions of them.

i guess somehow last year is "after" the fact....
https://chicago.suntimes.com/chicago-po ... sse-white/

nobody knew about these tapes or this conversation... and if you look at the date...jesse white endorsed in august 2017.

nice try glenn...... now go fuck yourself and quit lying..... after the fact....damn glenn....lol...... cmon dude.

Last edited by kempster on Sat Feb 10, 2018 3:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2018 2:45 am 
Policy Wonk

don't hear joe memphis bitching about fbi wiretaps being used against pritzker........ wonder why.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2018 3:32 am 
Policy Wonk

www.youtube.com Video from : www.youtube.com

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2018 9:01 am 
Board Emeritus

I don't know the politics of that area as well as some other members, but here's what I've read. The guy seems to be trying to apologize.

I guess it's up to the A-A voters of the area to decide his sincerity & whether to accept the apology. Seems to me to beat the typical strategy of deny and accuse your accusers of being harlots, paid operatives, and liars.

On apology tour, Pritzker pledges an administration with 'African-American leaders at all levels'
http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/loca ... story.html

Democratic governor candidate J.B. Pritzker is asking for forgiveness and pledging to give African-Americans a major role in his administration if he wins as he tries to rebuild trust with black voters following the release this week of racially tinged statements he made to then-Gov. Rod Blagojevich in 2008.

Pritzker’s visit to the Stone Temple Baptist Church on the West Side on Thursday night demonstrated efforts by the billionaire heir to the Hyatt Hotel fortune to try to repair damage with a powerful core constituency of the Democratic Party and move his campaign forward as the March 20 primary moves closer.

[snip][end]

I have mixed feelings about more billionaires in our politics, but ... well, let's see how the primary shakes out.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2018 9:55 am 
Board Emeritus

http://www.nwherald.com/2018/02/07/years-later-blagojevich-still-creates-trouble-for-democrats/a1f0wfi/

In this AP article by Sara Burnett we learn that leading Democratic Party candidate for Illinois Governor Billionaire J B Pritzker. Who she describes as the Democratic Establishment Pick is on a recording taken by investigators between him and then Gov. Blagojevich calling Sec of the State Jesse White " the least offensive of the African Americans" being considered for Barak Obama's seat in the Senate.

Now recently most progressives here have claimed that the GOP is wrong for not running a candidate against extreme RW nuts who are running nothing more than vanity campaigns. We have also learned that those same progressives believe that those who voted for Roy Moore support pedophilia.

Well now we will see if their are hypocrites, just spouting off against the GOP in general or are truly sincere. Here we have the number one contender in the Illinois Governors race using racist language and calling every African American who was being considered to replace President Obama OFFENSIVE.

Even with that being on tape and indisputable Cook County President Toni Preckwinkle has enthusiastically endorsed him after the fact. Does that make her a racist? Illinois Sec of State Jesse White has not only endorsed him but is pictured in the article in the newspaper standing next to Pritzker speaking while endorsing him. Does that make White a self hating Black or as some have called Sen Scott R SC a race traitor?

How about those Democratic Voters who vote for him on election day? Are those of you who label those who voted for Moore racist, ready to label those Illinois Democratic voters the same?

Or maybe, just maybe some of you were just riding on your high horses and hold Republicans to one standard and Democrats to a different much lower standard.

Finally to those who claim there is a difference between the two parties and those who claim they are pretty much the same are wrong..........well where do you folks stand now.

Keep in mind we aren't talking here about some crack pot running a vanity campaign. Or some 70+ year old racist who doesn't have the support of the party. We are talking about a mainstream candidate who is currently the favorite to win. Being endorsed by the Sec of State as well as the President of the Democratic Party of Cook County.

Keep in mind? The only thing I'm keeping in mind is that you're a race-baiting scumbag trumper. You don't give a shit in Richard Spencer's hat for the experience of a single black person in this country. All this is for you is fodder for the bloody white nationalist, neo-confederate expulsions spewing out of your festering anal orifice.

You need to fucking read this, and then just STFU about it. Scumbag racist trumper.

JB Pritzker said crass things, and why it doesn't matter.

JB Pritzker remains the pick of pretty much every prominent black Democratic politician in the State of Illinois. If Emil Jones doesn't support him...it's probably because Emil Jones is the most prominent political hack in the history of Illinois politics...and Emil Jones knows there's nothing for a lowlife 40 year backroom schemer like himself to get out of JB Pritzker in the governor's office. What smart black democrats want is the guy who will do the best for them in the governor's chair...and they know that is JB Pritzker.

Go play your nauseating race-baiting bullshit somewhere's else.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2018 10:24 am 
Board Emeritus

Good point, Ike. Let’s recall that glen wants to keep racist Donald Trump in office rather than have a Dem as President.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2018 10:47 am 
Board Emeritus

Good point, Ike. Let’s recall that glen wants to keep racist Donald Trump in office rather than have a Dem as President.

Let's recall if glen has had one fucking word to say about the actual nazi in this race...white nationalist, neo-confederate, sexist, scumbag...Jeanne Ives. Not that I can recall. Or one word to say about the anti-working class, union busting, nursing home slumlord, Bruce Rauner.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2018 1:00 pm 
Board Emeritus

You are a fucking liar.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2018 1:04 pm 
Board Emeritus

You are a fucking liar.

No, I'm not. I asked you over and over. You said you wanted to keep Trump, no matter WHAT his treason, rather than giving Dems power. You'd rather having Putin ruling our nation than a Dem. I'm sorry, you answered the same over and over. You made yourself quite clear.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2018 1:07 pm 
Board Emeritus

No, I'm not. I asked you over and over. You said you wanted to keep Trump, no matter WHAT his treason, rather than giving Dems power. You'd rather having Putin ruling our nation than a Dem. I'm sorry, you answered the same over and over. You made yourself quite clear.

Again telling another fucking lie, I guess it comes natural for you. But, if lying makes you feel better about supporting a racist have at it.

FYI, what I said was I didn't want to get rid of Trump in a manner that would destroy the GOP. As for your Putin comment that is beyond stupid.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2018 1:10 pm 
Board Emeritus

Again telling another fucking lie, I guess it comes natural for you. But, if lying makes you feel better about supporting a racist have at it.

FYI, what I said was I didn't want to get rid of Trump in a manner that would destroy the GOP. As for your Putin comment that is beyond stupid.

You and I both know what happened in that conversation. I didn't lie about it one bit. You've even ADMITTED to it earlier, and now you are calling me a liar.

I asked specifically about Putin.

You don't care, do you?

And don't you think Trump is destroying the Republican Party now?

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2018 1:18 pm 
Board Emeritus

Glen, re-read that sentence. You don't give a shit about the country. All you care about is the Republican Party. You stated it plainly. The country be damned as long as the Republican Party is kept in tact.

"No one is so foolish as to choose war over peace. In peace sons bury their fathers, in war fathers bury their sons." - Herodotus

The new motto of the USA: Unum de multis. Out of one, many.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2018 1:58 pm 
Board Emeritus

You are a fucking liar.

You have nothing to say about nazi cow Jeanne Ives...but plenty to say about JB. How white nationalisticly, neo-confederately, Trumpian of you.

You're constant playing anti-Trump Republican doesn't pass the smell test. Liar is as liar does.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2018 2:00 pm 
Board Emeritus

Glen, re-read that sentence. You don't give a shit about the country. All you care about is the Republican Party. You stated it plainly. The country be damned as long as the Republican Party is kept in tact.

He will deny it, but that won't change that he's said it a dozen times. Maybe more.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2018 7:16 pm 
Board Emeritus

I don't know the politics of that area as well as some other members, but here's what I've read. The guy seems to be trying to apologize.

I guess it's up to the A-A voters of the area to decide his sincerity & whether to accept the apology. Seems to me to beat the typical strategy of deny and accuse your accusers of being harlots, paid operatives, and liars.

On apology tour, Pritzker pledges an administration with 'African-American leaders at all levels'
http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/loca ... story.html

Democratic governor candidate J.B. Pritzker is asking for forgiveness and pledging to give African-Americans a major role in his administration if he wins as he tries to rebuild trust with black voters following the release this week of racially tinged statements he made to then-Gov. Rod Blagojevich in 2008.

Pritzker’s visit to the Stone Temple Baptist Church on the West Side on Thursday night demonstrated efforts by the billionaire heir to the Hyatt Hotel fortune to try to repair damage with a powerful core constituency of the Democratic Party and move his campaign forward as the March 20 primary moves closer.

[snip][end]

I have mixed feelings about more billionaires in our politics, but ... well, let's see how the primary shakes out.

Just as a point of information...JB Pritzker is not an heir to the Hyatt Hotel fortune. The structure of the Hyatt Hotel fortune changed radically upon the death of Jay Pritzker in 1999. Jay was the CEO of the Marmon Group founded in 1953. It is the corporation that operates the Hyatt Hotel system and a bunch of other corporations, mostly heavy industrial manufacturing concerns. So the three sons of patriarch A.N. Pritzker...Jay, Robert, and their younger brother Donald (father of JB) ran Hyatt...with the CEO in charge of Hyatt being youngest brother Donald...who made Hyatt what it is today. Mostly when he bought a hotel in Atlanta out of bankruptcy, and renamed it the "Hyatt Regency Atlana". It was an instant sensation, and became the model for all Hyatt Hotels that followed. By 1999 the Marmon Group was worth approximately 15 billion dollars.

The problem in this family is brother Robert. A lot of people want to blame what happened to the family on Robert's two youngest children, Liesel and Matthew. But this shit all happened because Robert, Jay and a few of the cousins had a secret deal that they were going to take over the business assets and dole them out as they saw fit. It included an interpretation that all the trusts should not be seen as a base for individual wealth for all the offspring, and that resources, money, etc., would be doled out to all the cousins as was determined to be "reasonable" by Jay and Robert, and a few of their older children. An utter asshole, married three times, Robert made the mistake of having already begun looting the trust funds of his two youngest children. When 19 year old Liesel found out about it, she went into a rage (pretty fucking justified IMO) and engaged her older brother, then 20 in a lawsuit against their father, and all their cousins.

Quote:
Liesel accused her family of looting her trust funds and those of her 20-year-old brother, Matthew, in a way that was "so heinous, obnoxious and offensive as to constitute a fraud." The amount of money which Liesel claimed was taken from her was staggering—$1 billion—and she not only demanded it be returned, but asked the court to award her $5 billion in punitive damages. It was a stunning lawsuit, not just because of the money involved, but also for the questions it raised about the Pritzkers. What could have happened within a family, people asked, that would lead a young woman to sue her 76-year-old father and go public with such ugly accusations?

This is what happened:
Quote:
As Liesel's case moved forward, it brought to light something more disturbing.In a confidential agreement made in 2001, Jay Pritzker's children, his nieces and nephews, and his cousin Nicholas had decided on a 10-year plan to break up the family's business empire and split the assets among themselves. Each of those who participated in the agreement would reportedly get an equal share—estimated at $1.4 billion. Liesel and her brother were the only cousins not included in the secret pact.

So not only were Robert's youngest children finding out their trusts were being looted by their father, but that their uncle Jay, his kids and their cousins, were taking over everything and cutting out the youngest two kids.

Already too long story short...the family corporation, and many of the family relationships, once remarkably close were ripped apart and the value doled out per the guidelines of the original trusts. It turns out that as the plaintiffs, Liesel and Matthew did end up with the short end of the stick to some degree. In order to get the suit settled in a reasonable period of time, both settled for about half that was at one time the trust amount for each of them. So they each ended up with about $500 million...poor kids. And that was that.

So JB, received about a billion dollars in the dismantling of the Marmon Group, as far as I can determine, and in the past decade or so, has built that into a personal new worth of $3 billion or so. He has no interest in the Hyatt Hotels. He is not an heir to anything anymore. His money, his businesses, his successes are all his...with a little help from his portion of the assets that went to him as part of the settlement back in 2001 or so. He's sharp...knows how-to manage large sums of money, and he is not a nursing home slum lord like the asshole he wants to run out of office

Last edited by Ike Bana on Sat Feb 10, 2018 7:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2018 7:20 pm 
Board Emeritus

endorsed him after the fact..... really? that is a complete lie. i stream wcpt..... and this shit just broke. the chicago tribune somehow got a copy of the fbi wiretaps of blago.... and they have been slowly leaking portions of them.

i guess somehow last year is "after" the fact....
https://chicago.suntimes.com/chicago-po ... sse-white/

nobody knew about these tapes or this conversation... and if you look at the date...jesse white endorsed in august 2017.

nice try glenn...... now go fuck yourself and quit lying..... after the fact....damn glenn....lol...... cmon dude.

The article appeared in yesterdays paper and was recently written. So evidently those Democrats are standing by their endorcement.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2018 7:27 pm 
Board Emeritus

The article appeared in yesterdays paper and was recently written. So evidently those Democrats are standing by their endorcement.

If course they are. JB Pritzker offers them the best opportunity to get what they want from the next governor of Illinois. You don't know jack shit about it. You don't know jack shit about much of anything. Wise up...STFU.

Last edited by Ike Bana on Sat Feb 10, 2018 7:33 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2018 7:32 pm 
Board Emeritus

If course they are. JB Pritzker offers them the best opportunity to get what they want from the next governor of Illinois. You don't know jack shit about it. You don't know jack shit about much of anything. Wise up...STFU.

What a double standard after all you have said and the names you called GOP voters. Now that it's the DNC backing a racist all is different.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2018 7:34 pm 
Board Emeritus

What a double standard after all you have said and the names you called GOP voters. Now that it's the DNC backing a racist all is different.

Just remember that 91% of Republican voters voted for Roy Moore for Senator in the general election.

So you don't have any higher moral ground here.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2018 7:36 pm 
Board Emeritus

Go fuck yourself. If the republican party in this country had ever done a fucking thing for black people, maybe Rauner would be getting an endorsement. Fat fucking chance.

Last edited by Ike Bana on Sat Feb 10, 2018 7:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2018 7:40 pm 
Board Emeritus

Just remember that 91% of Republican voters voted for Roy Moore for Senator in the general election.

So you don't have any higher moral ground here.

If you and others here believe those voters support racism by voting for Moore. Then how can you not say the same thing about those who support Pritzker.

Keeping in mind he called every African American vying for President Obama s Senate seat offensive.