RadioFreeLiberal.com

Smart Voices, Be Heard
It is currently Tue Aug 21, 2018 11:40 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 11:55 am 
Policy Wonk

Good point...and I know that to be true of may people working for religious social service organizations. Most/many of the organizations don't care, to the extent that you are not publicly undermining them and that you are doing decent work.

One of the many things I enjoyed about working at SAF the Religious/Ethnic Diversity of the people I worked with. Muslim, Jewish, Buddhist, Wicca. After September 11, 2001 our then E.D. invited members of the local Muslim Community to attend an interfaith service at SAF. Our staff embraced the differences we found in each other. The Rainbow Flag was welcome at SAF. Which put us on the negative end of some of the more restrictive Archdiocese edicts on Same Sex Marriage and openly LGTBQ working at the Foundation.

The Bishop bascially ignored SAF for years. After Loma Preita, St. Boniface needed serious upgrades and put at the bottom of the list. It took years to get the stained glass replaced.

Glenfs posted about the Left's War On Women. Glenfs posted this after the Cosby Verdict "Gloria Allred is a media hound and an asshole. The most dangerous place to be is inbetween her and a microphone or camera". 04/27/2018.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 1:55 pm 
Board Emeritus

I believe you are correct, that infallibility was first invoked regarding the Assumption of Mary. It's definitely related to resolving doctrinal conflicts. Most of the time, Pontifex Maximus is just as fallible as we are, thank... uh... God.

A lot of these Catholic doctrines aren't as old as we think they are. Priestly celibacy would surprise you. Etc..

Wiccans........ the ones I knew tended to be pretty cool people. Definitely the ones you'd want at your party.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 2:56 pm 
Policy Wonk

There was Holiday Festival one year at SAF, we had a WICCA lead the ceremony.....very open and inclusive.

Glenfs posted about the Left's War On Women. Glenfs posted this after the Cosby Verdict "Gloria Allred is a media hound and an asshole. The most dangerous place to be is inbetween her and a microphone or camera". 04/27/2018.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 3:02 pm 
Board Emeritus

White Evangelical conservatives have legendarily despised Catholics, to the point of joining the Klan to lynch them.

Not to mention the laws white Evangelical conservatives passed against them.

I notice that a lot of you like them, though, when it means mining that vote against the gays and the abortion. :problem:

I notice you and others never seem to bad mouth Muslims on Gay rights or any of the other things you constantly bring up about Whites, Evangelicals, and many Christians in general. Why is that?

"within weeks of being rid of the likes of you, rid of every fucking one of you,we would begin to see what kind of country this ought to be" Ike Bana 6/14/18

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 3:21 pm 
Board Emeritus

I notice you and others never seem to bad mouth Muslims on Gay rights or any of the other things you constantly bring up about Whites, Evangelicals, and many Christians in general. Why is that?

Go read Irshad Manji.

Because it is the religious right claiming that country is Christian and the law of the state must be biblically based. If your fellow conservatives had their way there would be Christian Sharia law ruling over you.

"No one is so foolish as to choose war over peace. In peace sons bury their fathers, in war fathers bury their sons." - Herodotus

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 4:10 pm 
Policy Wonk

You are now trolling with this post. Reported.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 4:22 pm 
Policy Wonk

glen is attempting to troll/hijack this thread. He has been reported. glen if you want to create thread about the poor put upon, discriminated against Conservative Whites, please do but do not use this thread.

Last edited by marindem on Tue Feb 13, 2018 5:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 4:51 pm 

glen is attempting to troll/hijack this thread. He has been reported. glen if you want to create thread whites, please do but do not use this thread.

Planning to report every attempt to troll/hijack in every thread?

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 5:31 pm 
Board Emeritus

glen is attempting to troll/hijack this thread. He has been reported. glen if you want to create thread about the poor put upon, discriminated against Conservative Whites, please do but do not use this thread.

I assume you also reported the thread I was responding to and while you are at it be sure and report the 12 personal attacks you have directed at me since Jan 1st.

"within weeks of being rid of the likes of you, rid of every fucking one of you,we would begin to see what kind of country this ought to be" Ike Bana 6/14/18

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 9:53 pm 
Policy Wonk

"Wudabout, wudabout, wudabout?"

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 1:58 am 
Board Emeritus

I notice you and others never seem to bad mouth Muslims on Gay rights or any of the other things you constantly bring up about Whites, Evangelicals, and many Christians in general.

Since you already know this to be a resentment-based lie, you're lucky I'm even answering it.

What I talk about regarding "Christians" is very, VERY specific.

Try me. See just how specific I can get about your white conservative Christian Evanglical grifter lifestyle choice.

Quote:
Why is that?

If you're asking an actual question, that is, if you're capable of honesty and integrity, I'll gladly answer it.

If you're asking to try and be clever or simply express more of your white conservative resentments against Muslims and my posts, you can go jump in the lake.

Do let me know which it is.

Stop calling the cops on us.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 2:25 am 
Board Emeritus

Go read Irshad Manji.

Irshad Manji
Saalam
Muslim Alliance for Sexual and Gender Diversity
Muslims for Progressive Values
LGBT Muslim Retreat
Trikone Magazine

Lots more

Quote:
Because it is the religious right claiming that country is Christian and the law of the state must be biblically based. If your fellow conservatives had their way there would be Christian Sharia law ruling over you.

It would be one thing if the US had a 400+ year history of Muslims enslaving, genociding, legislating, policing and over-policing, raping, restricting immigration, eugenicizing, conversion therapizing, and basically mistreating everyone in their path for their own benefit, that might be something.

In this country, however, we know who has the history of doing so:

white
conservative
Christian
heterosexual
males

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 10:50 pm 
Board Emeritus

Annnnd as was predictable as the sunset, we hear crickets from glen.

Since you already know this to be a resentment-based lie, you're lucky I'm even answering it.

What I talk about regarding "Christians" is very, VERY specific.

Try me. See just how specific I can get about your white conservative Christian Evanglical grifter lifestyle choice.

If you're asking an actual question, that is, if you're capable of honesty and integrity, I'll gladly answer it.

If you're asking to try and be clever or simply express more of your white conservative resentments against Muslims and my posts, you can go jump in the lake.

Do let me know which it is.

Hello?

Anybody home?

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 11:57 am 
Policy Wonk

Well, according a story in morning paper Sacred Heart of Greenwich has decided not to suspend the student in question.

The Right To Freedom of Speech wins out.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 12:48 pm 
Board Emeritus

Well, according a story in morning paper Sacred Heart of Greenwich has decided not to suspend the student in question.

The Right To Freedom of Speech wins out.

Good.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 5:12 pm 
Policy Wonk

http://newjersey.news12.com/story/37502 ... lic-school.