Pause relief efforts so destupid can get his photo op

News and events of the day
Libertas

Pause relief efforts so destupid can get his photo op

Post by Libertas »

https://twitter.com/DWUhlfelderLaw/stat ... wT6oPHnBEw

https://twitter.com/i/status/1577085269446008832

He is a real bad person, real bad. If he becomes prez, so many of us will die.
I sigh in your general direction.
ZoWie

Re: Pause relief efforts so destupid can get his photo op

Post by ZoWie »

Goober Bush did the same thing in New Orleans. Among other contributions to the recovery, he got in the way and diverted resources to dramatically light the Vieux Carré for his big TV speech on how everything was just fine thanks to him and Brownie. Soon as he left, the lights went dark again, and the rescue workers went back to flashlights as they looked for more corpses.

Very Republican. Ad astra per media.
"We must remember that we cannot abandon the truth and remain a free nation." --Liz Cheney, Republican, 7/21/22
Libertas

Post by Libertas »

ZoWie wrote: Tue Oct 04, 2022 6:59 pm Goober Bush did the same thing in New Orleans. Among other contributions to the recovery, he got in the way and diverted resources to dramatically light the Vieux Carré for his big TV speech on how everything was just fine thanks to him and Brownie. Soon as he left, the lights went dark again, and the rescue workers went back to flashlights as they looked for more corpses.

Very Republican. Ad astra per media.
A sociopath has no concern for the wellbeing of anyone else, anyone.

We know trump is one but I think we can be sure now so is Destupid. And for that matter everyone active in that party is. McCarthy, etal.

Sociopaths.
Toonces

Post by Toonces »

I've always opposed politicians doing stunts in disasters. Stay away, they don't need you.
carmenjonze

Post by carmenjonze »

Libertas wrote: Tue Oct 04, 2022 8:08 pm A sociopath has no concern for the wellbeing of anyone else, anyone.

We know trump is one but I think we can be sure now so is Destupid. And for that matter everyone active in that party is. McCarthy, etal.

Sociopaths.
+++++

The way to right wrongs is to
Shine the light of truth on them.

~ Ida B. Wells

Post by ProfX »

He delayed an evacuation order for one area for a very costly day. Hurricanes suck for everybody else, but are often cleverly "ridden" by politicians to rising fortunes.

Maybe this one won't give him so much of a boost after all. I also hope "Perla" is firmly tied to him & Abbott before the election.
"Don't believe every quote attributed to people on the Internet" -- Abraham Lincoln :D
Libertas

Post by Libertas »

ProfX wrote: Wed Oct 05, 2022 6:08 am He delayed an evacuation order for one area for a very costly day. Hurricanes suck for everybody else, but are often cleverly "ridden" by politicians to rising fortunes.

Maybe this one won't give him so much of a boost after all. I also hope "Perla" is firmly tied to him & Abbott before the election.
Are you back to work?
Number6

Post by Number6 »

I don't oppose the president or a governor visiting a disaster area because they are the face of government and need to show the government is helping. What I do object to is is when their visit halts or limits search/recovery actions. If they're going to visit, then they need to appear in a section that's already searched and where their visit won't impact government or non-government agencies services. For example, in a wild fire a visit would be to a base camp where people and resources are massed, not on the front lines of the fire, but in a section where the visit won't interfere with the camp's active operations.

DeSantis' visit is definitely hampering search/recovery operations all for a photo op that only serve to help him, not the people affected by the hurricane.
When you vote left, you vote right.
ProfX

Post by ProfX »

Libertas wrote: Wed Oct 05, 2022 9:24 am Are you back to work?
Yep. :mrgreen: And now they're grilling me with all kinds of questions ... which now I can actually answer! :mrgreen:
"Don't believe every quote attributed to people on the Internet" -- Abraham Lincoln :D
Libertas

Post by Libertas »

ProfX wrote: Wed Oct 05, 2022 2:40 pm Yep. :mrgreen: And now they're grilling me with all kinds of questions ... which now I can actually answer! :mrgreen:
They? Questions?
ProfX

Post by ProfX »

Ya know ... students. :D
Motor City

Post by Motor City »

ProfX wrote: Wed Oct 05, 2022 6:08 am He delayed an evacuation order for one area for a very costly day. Hurricanes suck for everybody else, but are often cleverly "ridden" by politicians to rising fortunes.

Glad to hear from you, was getting worried with the storm and all
Number6 wrote: Wed Oct 05, 2022 12:16 pm I don't oppose the president or a governor visiting a disaster area because they are the face of government and need to show the government is helping. What I do object to is is when their visit halts or limits search/recovery actions. If they're going to visit, then they need to appear in a section that's already searched and where their visit won't impact government or non-government agencies services. For example, in a wild fire a visit would be to a base camp where people and resources are massed, not on the front lines of the fire, but in a section where the visit won't interfere with the camp's active operations.

DeSantis' visit is definitely hampering search/recovery operations all for a photo op that only serve to help him, not the people affected by the hurricane.
Yea its a time of rampant chronic self servingness, need the inverse in public servants and officials.
Libertas

Post by Libertas »

ProfX wrote: Wed Oct 05, 2022 3:15 pm Ya know ... students. :D
OK, I thought maybe faculty was asking you something.

I just saw report at DU that deathsentance has an 11 point lead. Lots of stupid people in FL.
ProfX

Post by ProfX »

Sigh, the white gogo boots of power, I guess they were made for walking. :evil:
ZoWie

Post by ZoWie »

LA is deteriorating too. Suddenly the real estate developer is gaining in the polls. The candidate that I'm voting for was way ahead until yet another scandal involving U$C broke, now she's dropping like the proverbial rock.

I continue to find it interesting that these "revelations" always seem to hit the Nooz right before elections.
"We must remember that we cannot abandon the truth and remain a free nation." --Liz Cheney, Republican, 7/21/22