RadioFreeLiberal.com

Smart Voices, Be Heard
It is currently Mon Dec 10, 2018 9:17 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2018 10:01 am 
Board Emeritus

She thought it was a routine drug screening. Then came the $17,850 bill.

Sunset Labs Drug Bill.

The for-profit US Health Care System is financially strangling this country. Trump, congressional Republicans and Americans who support them with their votes and with their despicable indifference to their behavior, support a surprise $17,850 lab bill...and the lab's CEO's brand new Maseratti.

This happened to me on a comparatively small scale when I got a mystery $75 bill for the physician who looked at my bug bite at the convenient care last year. So I call Northwestern Medical and they say my doctor was "out of network." My fucking doctor? You're a convenient care he's not my fucking doctor he's the doctor you sent in. "It's your responsibility to make sure the people from our facility for care we provide, are in your network." So I call BCBS and they say, "It's your responsibility to make sure the people from our facility for care we provide, are in your network."

So beware people...if somebody wanders into the treatment room in any medical facility anywhere in this country you need to tell them to get out until they provide information as to whether they are "in network." If you're unconscious, tough shit.

This country sucks donkey.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2018 10:10 am 
Board Emeritus

Had a similar experience with my wife, who had some surgery. She worked CLOSELY - and I mean CLOSELY - with the insurance company to ensure that everyone involved was in-network.

Then we got a bill from the Doctor's office. He had, at the last minute, pulled in someone as an assistant. That person wasn't part of the network. It was several thousand dollars. No big deal, I thought, in-network and out-of-network was just a matter of different percentages.

Nope.

The insurance company refused to pay ANYTHING. It was all going to be on us.

So, we talked to our folks on our end. They told us this: The doctor knew they were out of network; and while they billed us, if we didn't pay it, the doctor would just drop it, and not take it to collections, or ding us on our credit. He would just drop it.

And that's what happened. No shit.

But, to me, that's insane. It's how stupid our for-profit system is.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2018 10:26 am 
Board Emeritus

And let's see. What members on this forum would make excuses for this shit. Uh...Joe Memphis, Justin, glen. Two out of nothing but blatant arrogance the other out of blatant stupidity.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2018 10:39 am 
Board Emeritus

Actually, not glen. He's certainly not a fan of our current system.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2018 11:03 am 
Board Emeritus

Actually, not glen. He's certainly not a fan of our current system.

Well...I must disagree and say, actually yes glen. As long as he keeps voting for scum-sucking republican politicians who are the ultimate fans of the current system. I mean...where's all that campaign financing supposed to come from if we piss off the big corporatist health care profiteers?

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2018 11:10 am 
Board Emeritus

Well...I must disagree and say, actually yes glen. As long as he keeps voting for scum-sucking republican politicians who are the ultimate fans of the current system. I mean...where's all that campaign financing supposed to come from if we piss off the big corporatist health care profiteers?

Yes, one thing that conservatives DON'T do, is put their money where their mouth is. I doubt seriously that glenn or Joe has EVER donated money to a candidate - they rely on the corporations and the NRA to fund candidates.

But glen IS one lone conservative that has changed his mind on this board. After looking at the deaths and extreme cost of our corporate health care system, he did change his mind and supports single-payer. But you are correct that his votes don't match his rhetoric.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2018 2:49 pm 
Board Emeritus

Hey, last year I had to be taken off of Mrs. Bird’s insurance because I had insurance through my employer. Her employer would have charged her $650 more per month to keep me on.

We have always been on each other’s insurance primarily due to my bowel obstruction history. I am dreading when I will have to have surgery for that again.

"No one is so foolish as to choose war over peace. In peace sons bury their fathers, in war fathers bury their sons." - Herodotus

The new motto of the USA: Unum de multis. Out of one, many.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2018 3:31 pm 
Board Emeritus

Hey, last year I had to be taken off of Mrs. Bird’s insurance because I had insurance through my employer. Her employer would have charged her $650 more per month to keep me on.

We have always been on each other’s insurance primarily due to my bowel obstruction history. I am dreading when I will have to have surgery for that again.

Same thing happened to me and every person i know
Thank you Obama care.

"within weeks of being rid of the likes of you, rid of every fucking one of you,we would begin to see what kind of country this ought to be" Ike Bana 6/14/18

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2018 3:43 pm 
Board Emeritus

Sorry, it wasn't ObamaCare. When health care was cheaper, couples who worked for different companies simply each put their spouses on the other's health insurance. That way, if your plan paid 70%, then your spouses would pay, say, 70% of what the first plan didn't pay.

Of course, it was increasing the company's costs. So, they said that if your spouse had health insurance available from the other provider, they had to take that insurance, and you couldn't put them on yours. They stopped the "double-dipping".

That started happening in the mid-2000's, and had nothing to do with ObamaCare.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2018 3:54 pm 
Board Emeritus

this is what is happening.
in SOR two pee tests were 100bucks, the 3rd which was Exactly the Same as the prior two,
they billed $1000.00 for.
i took it to the attorney generals office and in the end lawyer for the "pain clinic" stood on
the price being "what the market will bear".

this does Not apply only to pain clinics: all clinics are doing the money maker shit while using their patients.
this is stunning 'how to capture your patients'...

http://usleadnetwork.net/how-to-make-an ... nt-clinic/
HOW TO MAKE AN EXTRA MILLION DOLLARS WITH YOUR PAIN MANAGEMENT CLINIC

There are several mechanisms that pain clinics can use to make an extra million dollars a year, and here is an overview of how to do it.
First and foremost, US Lead Network helps pain practices attain new patients in a turn key fashion. The Network captures patients online by marketing with over ten different methods, generating phone calls to an answering service, then vets the leads according to the practice specifications. There is an excellent ratio of these leads turning into excellent patients.
Currently, there are at least five ancillary service methods of revenue capture on these new patients....

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2018 6:12 pm 
Board Emeritus

Thank you Obama care.

Wrong again, you failure. Didn’t happen to everyone I know. You have a problem with the ACA look to your fucking Republican Party. They are the reason the healthcare payment system is a mess. They do not give a shit about anyone, including you. All they care about is maintaining power and making sure corporations get more profit. You sit there and bleat about supporting single payer and then say “thank you Obamacare?” You fool. It is the INSURANCE COMPANIES THAT ARE TO BLAME.THEY SET THE PRICING. Obama tries to get people covered and your blood-sucking Republican Party cares more about money than people.

You keep supporting Republicans and you will NEVER get single payer.

"No one is so foolish as to choose war over peace. In peace sons bury their fathers, in war fathers bury their sons." - Herodotus

The new motto of the USA: Unum de multis. Out of one, many.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2018 6:15 pm 
Board Emeritus

Thank you Obama care.

Bullshit like this is why you get treated the way you are on this forum.

Poorw widdle fucking gwen had a incwease on his health care pwemium. Boo-fuckin-hoo...

He would prefer 15 million Americans go back to having no health coverage and 40,000 of them dead every year for no other reason. You're such a swell human being glen.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2018 6:22 pm 
Board Emeritus

You keep supporting Republicans and you will NEVER get single payer.

He will also get ass fucked without even the courtesy of a reach around. Particularly when he sees what his tax return looks like a year from now.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2018 6:25 pm 
Board Emeritus

Thank you Obama care.

Please explain how Obamacare is to blame or is this another one of our trolling attempts? What will glen do?

1. Runaway from explaining

2. Make something up without a link

3. Provide a link that actually refutes his claim

4. Provide a link to Storm Front

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 5:44 pm 
Board Emeritus

apparently this gas-lighting is happening daily and way worse with women who are blown off
by "Drs" who just dont give a fuck. which is exactly what this new aetna law suit is about.

http://www.wafb.com/story/37481126/form ... n-launched
Monday, February 12th 2018, 1:57 am MST
Former Aetna medical director admits to not reviewing patient records; investigation launched---

(CNN) – California’s insurance commissioner is asking patients to step forward if they feel they were wronged by Aetna after the company’s former medical director said under oath he never looked at patients’ records before approving or denying care.

During a deposition, Dr. Jay Ken Iinuma, who served as medical director for Aetna for Southern California from March 2012 to February 2015, said he was following Aetna’s training, in which nurses reviewed records and made recommendations to him.

Iinuma said nearly all of his work was conducted online. Around once a month, he said, he might place a phone call to a nurse for more details.
During his videotaped deposition in October 2016, Iinuma said he never read Washington's medical records and knew next to nothing about his disorder.

Among the questions to consider: Can a doctor at an insurance company make decisions about a patient without looking at his medical record?

“If the health insurer is making decisions to deny coverage without a physician actually ever reviewing medical records, that's of significant concern to me as insurance commissioner in California – and potentially a violation of law,” said California insurance commissioner Dave Jones.

Patient advocates have long been concerned that insurance companies don’t take the time to thoroughly review patients’ medical records before making decisions.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 7:56 pm 
Board Emeritus

Please explain how Obamacare is to blame or is this another one of our trolling attempts? What will glen do?

4. Provide a link to Storm Front[/quote

Prior to the ACA every married couple I know took whichever spouse' insurance was the best for them. After the ACA every married couple I know had to go with policies from their own employer or pay an additional premium much higher than the two policies would cost.

Now in the past GoU has told me that it is because of employer greed and has nothing to do with the ACA. Which is both true and false. While there is nothing specifically in the ACA to cause it. That does not change the fact that it was after the ACA when it happened.

It also shows how any claim that the ACA lowered cost or reduced the amount of cost increase is also false. Because they do not take into account the number of families that went from one provider to two providers. Which caused those families overall costs to rise.

"within weeks of being rid of the likes of you, rid of every fucking one of you,we would begin to see what kind of country this ought to be" Ike Bana 6/14/18

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 7:56 pm 
Board Emeritus

He will also get ass fucked without even the courtesy of a reach around. Particularly when he sees what his tax return looks like a year from now.

I am self employed the new tax rules will actually lower my taxes.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 8:09 pm 
Board Emeritus

4. Provide a link to Storm Front[/quote

Prior to the ACA every married couple I know took whichever spouse' insurance was the best for them. After the ACA every married couple I know had to go with policies from their own employer or pay an additional premium much higher than the two policies would cost.

Now in the past GoU has told me that it is because of employer greed and has nothing to do with the ACA. Which is both true and false. While there is nothing specifically in the ACA to cause it. That does not change the fact that it was after the ACA when it happened.

It also shows how any claim that the ACA lowered cost or reduced the amount of cost increase is also false. Because they do not take into account the number of families that went from one provider to two providers. Which caused those families overall costs to rise.

That is untrue. It started long before ObamaCare that companies started stopping coupled from double-dipping on health care. It was long before Obama was even elected. Companies couldn't afford to pay thousands of dollars for spouses that were employed elsewhere and had health care available.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 8:16 pm 
Board Emeritus

That is untrue. It started long before ObamaCare that companies started stopping coupled from double-dipping on health care. It was long before Obama was even elected. Companies couldn't afford to pay thousands of dollars for spouses that were employed elsewhere and had health care available.

If true then the ACA put it on steroids. I hope this site is up and running 2022-2025. Because if the Democrats have control of the House Senate and WH I expect to hear either excuses from the left as to why they did nothing or very little about Healthcare along with many other issues. Or I expect to hear screw you we told you so. I would prefer the latter but expect the former.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 8:24 pm 
Board Emeritus

If true then the ACA put it on steroids. I hope this site is up and running 2022-2025. Because if the Democrats have control of the House Senate and WH I expect to hear either excuses from the left as to why they did nothing or very little about Healthcare along with many other issues. Or I expect to hear screw you we told you so. I would prefer the latter but expect the former.

No, it was just what was already happening anyway. Companies aren't going to spend money when they don't need to. I guess you don't realize how much insuring family members cost companies.

Just keep making shit up.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 8:33 pm 
Board Emeritus

I am self employed the new tax rules will actually lower my taxes.

Yeah well we're self employed and looking at losing over $10,000 in real estate tax deductions and a bunch of other itemized deductions according to our accointant.. Perhaps we're just too successful.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 8:35 pm 
Board Emeritus

You don't fucking care about people losing their health coverage and ending up dead for it.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 8:44 pm 
Board Emeritus

Yeah well we're self employed and looking at losing over $10,000 in real estate tax deductions and a bunch of other itemized deductions according to our accointant.. Perhaps we're just too successful.

My real estate taxes are now down to under $800 a year. You are correct though that those who live in states with extremely high taxes are going to suffer. No coincidence most of those states are solid Democratic Party voting states.

I have read that truckers are going to lose their daily deductions. Ive also read that they might not it is somewhat a grey area. But, as an Owner Operator the 100% consensus is we keep ours.

As far as the entire tax cut goes I am and was opposed to it. Because we did not need it at this time. Now the next time the economy tanks the Gov't won't be able to pass a stimulus that includes a tax cut. We did not need it when W did it, we do not need it now.

I think these guys are trying to replicate what Reagan did. Which makes as little sense as believing going back to the tax rates of the 50's would be a good idea.

Getting back to the original point of this thread I agree with you that our HC system is messed up. Needs scrapped and totally rebuilt from the bottom up.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 8:47 pm 
Board Emeritus

My real estate taxes are now down to under $800 a year. You are correct though that those who live in states with extremely high taxes are going to suffer. No coincidence most of those states are solid Democratic Party voting states.

I have read that truckers are going to lose their daily deductions. Ive also read that they might not it is somewhat a grey area. But, as an Owner Operator the 100% consensus is we keep ours.

As far as the entire tax cut goes I am and was opposed to it. Because we did not need it at this time. Now the next time the economy tanks the Gov't won't be able to pass a stimulus that includes a tax cut. We did not need it when W did it, we do not need it now.

I think these guys are trying to replicate what Reagan did. Which makes as little sense as believing going back to the tax rates of the 50's would be a good idea.

Getting back to the original point of this thread I agree with you that our HC system is messed up. Needs scrapped and totally rebuilt from the bottom up.

Reagan was an idiot, and his tax cuts were stupid. But that's conservatives - increase spending and cut taxes, then pretend the math works.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 8:50 pm 
Board Emeritus

Reagan was an idiot, and his tax cuts were stupid. But that's conservatives - increase spending and cut taxes, then pretend the math works.

Maybe Reagan looked so good to the people because he followed Carter. Who up until recent history was the most incompetent president we had in our lifetimes and perhaps in the last 100 years.