RadioFreeLiberal.com

Smart Voices, Be Heard
It is currently Mon Aug 20, 2018 10:15 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2018 8:07 am 
Board Emeritus

OK. So you are now on record that the FBI Office of Inspector General (is that the right one? I think it is close to the title if not exact.) is corrupted by political interference. The, likely, career agents are in the bag for Trump? This is a "witch hunt?" The FBI can't be trusted?

Are you done stuffing words in my mouth?

Here's what I do say: supposedly, the OIG's report led to the OPR's recommendation which Sessions then acted on. There's all our acronyms.

Given we have an administration chock full of liars, including the AG, I'd like to see the report (it's OK if a journalist summarizes the relevant sections I mean), and I'd like to see the OPR's recommendation. I do not doubt they felt McCabe engaged in conduct unbecoming. Did they really think it merited his firing?

We have much hearsay, most of it at this moment coming from people who have lied before Congress.

Because, if so, I'm glad for once Joe Memphis sees something I also do. Not that McCabe may not have engaged in the best conduct, but that given what we know so far, firing him seems over the top. In fact, j-dog, your initial doubts about the fact that he would be fired also seems like, at least initially, you saw it the same way as him and me. Nothing he did rose to that level.

Joe seems to think there are other things McCabe did wrong we don't know. Personally, I don't. But in any case, neither of us will find out until the reports and recommendations are released.

I do see what looks like an accelerated release of an unfinished draft report to fire somebody on a pre-determined schedule. Ever so coincidental this happened on a Friday night. :roll: That to me looks like politicization.

Last edited by ProfessorX on Sat Mar 17, 2018 9:50 am, edited 3 times in total.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2018 8:16 am 
Board Emeritus

Somebody else is unconflicted.

House Intel Dem to Trump: ‘Gloat now, but you will be fired soon’
http://thehill.com/homenews/house/37890 ... fired-soon

Rep. Eric Swalwell (D-Calif.) scolded President Trump for celebrating the firing of former FBI deputy director Andrew McCabe on Friday night, telling him to “gloat now, but you will be fired soon.”

“And it’s not going to be done cowardly, as you’ve done to so many who’ve served you,” Swalwell tweeted Saturday. “There’s a storm gathering, Mr. President, and it’s going to wipe out you and your corrupt organization all the way down to the studs.”

The Democrat, who sits on the House Intelligence Committee, was responding to Trump’s tweet celebrating McCabe’s firing. Swalwell also tweeted on Friday night that McCabe's firing showed “how guilty people act.”

[snip]

McCabe quickly hit back, saying he was dismissed as part of an effort to undermine special counsel Robert Mueller. McCabe could be a key witness in Mueller’s probe of Russian election interference, as he led the FBI in the weeks after Trump fired former FBI Director James Comey.

[snip][end]

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2018 8:29 am 
Board Emeritus

Statement from Andrew McCabe:

continues (these appear to be image files of the text)

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2018 9:47 am 
Board Emeritus

lol I love Preet Bharara

Stop calling the cops on us.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2018 9:50 am 
Board Emeritus

More unconflicted people.

[from twitter]
@JohnBrennan
When the full extent of your venality, moral turpitude, and political corruption becomes known, you will take your rightful place as a disgraced demagogue in the dustbin of history. You may scapegoat Andy McCabe, but you will not destroy America...America will triumph over you.

@EricHolder
Analyze McCabe firing on two levels: the substance and the timing. We don’t know enough about the substance yet. The timing appears cruel and a cave that compromised DOJ independence to please an increasingly erratic President who should’ve played no role here. This is dangerous.
[end]

Democrat calls for ‘open hearings’ on Trump administration after McCabe firing
http://thehill.com/homenews/house/37891 ... abe-firing

A House Democrat is calling for Republicans to hold hearings on the Trump administration after the firing of former deputy FBI director Andrew McCabe.

“Firing Deputy FBI Director Andrew McCabe at 10 p.m. on a Friday night is an attack on law enforcement staggering in both its cowardice and vindictiveness," Rep. Raja Krishnamoorthi (D-Ill.) said in a statement. “The White House has shown yet again that it will stop at nothing to discredit the FBI and, through it, Special Counsel Robert Mueller’s investigation.”

“Congressional Republican leadership must now have the courage to hold open hearings on the Trump administration’s unprecedented efforts to undermine the rule of law and those who uphold it,” he continued. "To do any less would be to betray the principles that truly make America great.”

Krishnamoorthi sits on the House Oversight Committee, which interviewed McCabe earlier this year.

[snip][end]

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2018 11:07 am 
Policy Wonk

Mr. McCabe is not going quietly into that good night.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/donald ... n_20180316.

His firing is sham and Sessions only did it so he could look good in the eyes of 45.

Glenfs posted about the Left's War On Women. Glenfs posted this after the Cosby Verdict "Gloria Allred is a media hound and an asshole. The most dangerous place to be is inbetween her and a microphone or camera". 04/27/2018.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2018 11:10 am 
Board Emeritus

On the flip, I could see Trump eventually firing Sessions for "inappropriately" firing McCabe, then installing a new AG to fire Rosenstein.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2018 2:04 pm 

I saw a reference that if McCabe wasn't fired before 5:00 on Friday it wouldn't take effect until Monday. That would be one day after his 50th birthday which would secure his pension. Hope that's true.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2018 5:16 pm 
Board Emeritus

I saw a reference that if McCabe wasn't fired before 5:00 on Friday it wouldn't take effect until Monday. That would be one day after his 50th birthday which would secure his pension. Hope that's true.

He'll get his pension. And if he doesn't get his pension, he'll get his pension and damages.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2018 5:21 pm 
Board Emeritus

He'll get his pension. And if he doesn't get his pension, he'll get his pension and damages.

If they've pulled it, he'll probably die of old age before it gets through the courts. And how is he going to pay for the lawyers?

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2018 5:46 pm 
Board Emeritus

If they've pulled it, he'll probably die of old age before it gets through the courts. And how is he going to pay for the lawyers?

I didn't say he had to go to court.

He can get his pension and damages by going on talk shows on TV. There's another way of looking at this GoUnion. This insures that McCabe now has the ability to make many times the amount of money that he has ever made before, for doing what is not really all that much.

The administration through their maladministration stamped his ticket going forward, now all he has to do is write it, and cash in his fame.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2018 5:53 pm 
Board Emeritus

I didn't say he had to go to court.

He can get his pension and damages by going on talk shows on TV. There's another way of looking at this GoUnion. This insures that McCabe now has the ability to make many times the amount of money that he has ever made before, for doing what is not really all that much.

The administration through their maladministration stamped his ticket going forward, now all he has to do is write it, and cash in his fame.

I guess. It's kind of like being a minister. It's great money if you can stomach it.

Myself, I'd rather work for a living than be a fame whore. And no, glen, I'm not using it as an attack on females. It's the only word that would work in this case. Prostituting yourself to the media to make a living.

(I mentioned glen because I know he'll try to post that I call women whores)

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2018 6:04 pm 
Board Emeritus

I guess. It's kind of like being a minister. It's great money if you can stomach it.

Myself, I'd rather work for a living than be a fame whore. And no, glen, I'm not using it as an attack on females. It's the only word that would work in this case. Prostituting yourself to the media to make a living.

(I mentioned glen because I know he'll try to post that I call women whores)

He can write books and they will sell. And the thing is he doesn't even have to write the books, writers will line up to write them for him.

He holds a J.D. degree from Washington University, he can get a faculty posting, or be brought on board at think tanks, he can pick and choose.

He's retiring at age 50. I retired at the age of 47. That kind of retirement doesn't mean a person sits at home and spends the rest of their days petting the dog. It means one door closes while other doors open.

Gosh, I wish I had had the myriad of splendid opportunities he now has before him at 50 years young.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2018 6:09 pm 
Board Emeritus

He can write books and they will sell. And the thing is he doesn't even have to write the books, writers will line up to write them for him.

He holds a J.D. degree from Washington University, he can get a faculty posting, or be brought on board at think tanks, he can pick and choose.

He's retiring at age 50. I retired at the age of 47. That kind of retirement doesn't mean a person sits at home and spends the rest of their days petting the dog. It means one door closes while other doors open.

Gosh, I wish I had had the myriad of splendid opportunities he now has before him at 50 years young.

Nope. I don't wish for fame. You can have it. I don't think it's something he wanted either.

I look at people like Sarah Palin, and what she does to make money. I'd rather die.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2018 7:22 pm 
Board Emeritus

He's retiring at age 50.

Well not exactly. He got canned at age 49.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2018 7:29 pm 
Board Emeritus

The point is, firing != being allowed to retire.

Bang-equals, I love it! (C-speak.)

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2018 7:36 pm 
Board Emeritus

Most likely, he would still get some retirement. After five years, you're vested in your time. But I'm sure it requires a full twenty for full retirement and retiree health care benefits.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2018 7:53 pm 
Board Emeritus

Bang-equals, I love it! (C-speak.)

Yeah and Wix has mainstreamed pound-bang/shebang for the world!

#!

So good

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2018 9:36 pm 
Policy Wonk

U.S. Congressman Mark Pocan has offered a security post to former F.B.I. Deputy Director Andrew McCabe. McCabe was fired just two days before he was going to retire.

https://www.jsonline.com/story/news/pol ... 435178002/.

By offering a position to McCabe, Congressman Pocan giving McCabe to chance his Federal Retirement. All McCabe has to do is work two more days for a federal agency to qualify for his Retirement.

"Andrew McCabe's firing makes it clear that President Trump is doing everything he can to discredit the FBI and undermine the Special Prosecutor's investigation," said Congressman Pocan.

The job offer concerns election security. Free and Fair Elections are after all the cornerstone of American Democracy.

No word on how 45 and his lackies feel about the job offer, we already know they do not respect American Democracy.

Glenfs posted about the Left's War On Women. Glenfs posted this after the Cosby Verdict "Gloria Allred is a media hound and an asshole. The most dangerous place to be is inbetween her and a microphone or camera". 04/27/2018.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2018 3:50 pm 
Board Emeritus

www.youtube.com Video from : www.youtube.com

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2018 9:16 pm 
Policy Wonk

45 is claming that McCabe is lying about memos because 45 spent little time with him.

https://thinkprogress.org/trump-says-mc ... 25e9fe7cd/.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2018 7:18 pm 
Board Emeritus

Congress gets DOJ inspector general’s critical report on FBI’s McCabe
https://www.politico.com/story/2018/04/ ... ort-522580

The Department of Justice’s inspector general on Friday sent to Congress a report sharply criticizing former FBI Deputy Director Andrew McCabe for unauthorized disclosures to the media ahead of the 2016 election and lacking candor with investigators, including then-FBI Director James Comey.

The report from the department’s internal watchdog formed the basis of Attorney General Jeff Sessions’ firing of McCabe last month, less than 48 hours before his scheduled retirement, a decision that pleased President Donald Trump and White House allies who have long portrayed McCabe as compromised by anti-Trump bias.

The report revealed sharply different recollections of the episode by McCabe and Comey — and suggested McCabe misled Comey about it. And it also suggests Inspector General Michael Horowitz found Comey’s account to be more credible. Yet Trump, who’s mounting a public effort to undermine Comey ahead of the former FBI director’s book publicity tour, used the findings of the report to suggest Comey and McCabe were indistinguishable.

“DOJ just issued the McCabe report — which is a total disaster,” Trump tweeted shortly after the report came out. “He LIED! LIED! LIED! McCabe was totally controlled by Comey — McCabe is Comey!! No collusion, all made up by this den of thieves and lowlifes!”

Despite his embrace of the report, Trump swiped at Horowitz just six weeks earlier, wondering on Twitter whether he was an “Obama guy.”

The IG's report, has long been expected to emerge this month, but its release on Friday — as Trump lambastes Comey as an “untruthful slime ball” — further complicates the tempest that’s been building since the election between the president and the Justice Department officials overseeing a Russia investigation that’s edged deep inside Trump's inner circle.

Among the IG report’s findings is that McCabe was less than forthcoming with Comey about his October 2016 authorization of two FBI officials to disclose information to a Wall Street Journal reporter working on an article about FBI investigations involving Hillary Clinton.

“During a conversation “shortly after the WSJ article was published,” the IG report states, “McCabe lacked candor when he told Comey, or made statements that led Comey to believe, that McCabe had not authorized the disclosure and did not know who did.”

[snip]

Comey lauded McCabe when his former No. 2 went on leave in January amid a growing torrent of criticism from Trump, tweeting that McCabe “stood tall over the last 8 months, when small people were trying to tear down an institution we all depend on.”

[snip]

McCabe told POLITICO in an interview last month that he approved disclosure of that information to counter the reporter’s narrative that the FBI was bowing to political concerns.

“It was important to me that we not be perceived as an organization that had lost our independence, or was subjected, was vulnerable to political influence from the department or anybody else,” McCabe said.

[snip]

He added that the report had “absolutely nothing to do with special counsel Mueller, Deputy Attorney General Rosenstein, the conduct of federal investigators so far, or the multiple indictments they have secured against Russian nationals and Trump campaign officials.”

The office of Inspector General Michael Horowitz declined to comment Friday on the time frame for transmittal of the report to Capitol Hill. Under normal circumstances, the IG would publicly release its report after sending it to relevant senior lawmakers.

[snip][end]

1) "lacked candor" and "less than forthcoming". Ok, we'll take those at face value. Why not allow him to step down, before this apparently unfinished IG report wasn't even released yet? Did the severity of these "crimes" necessitate the quick action?
2) well, again, even if we take everything in this IG report at face value, Trump's spin on it is (as usual) 180 degrees divorced from reality. Rather than making McCabe some kind of Comey puppet, it suggests McCabe lied to Comey. (About the Clinton Foundation investigation, or, per se, disclosures about it to the media.) "Lacking candor" doesn't mean "LIES! LIES! LIES!" either.