All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2018 8:44 am 
Board Emeritus

[from Twitter]
Barry R McCaffrey
@mccaffreyr3
Reluctantly I have concluded that President Trump is a serious threat to US national security. He is refusing to protect vital US interests from active Russian attacks. It is apparent that he is for some unknown reason under the sway of Mr Putin.
4:46 PM - Mar 16, 2018
46.3K people are talking about this

[from Wiki]
Barry Richard McCaffrey (born November 17, 1942) is a former United States Army General and current news commentator and business consultant. He received three Purple Heart medals for injuries sustained during his service in Vietnam, two Silver Stars for valor, and two Distinguished Service Crosses — the second-highest U.S. Army award for valor.[1] He was inducted into U.S. Army Ranger Hall of Fame at U.S. Army Infantry Center at Fort Benning in 2007.[2] He served as an adjunct professor at U.S. Military Academy and its Bradley Professor of International Security Studies from 2001 to 2008. He received West Point Association of Graduates of the United States Military Academy's Distinguished Graduate Award in 2010.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2018 8:50 am 
Board Emeritus

Dem: Trump presidency 'very serious security threat' for US
http://thehill.com/homenews/house/37888 ... eat-for-us

Rep. John Garamendi (D-Calif.) said Friday that he's "had it" with President Trump, asserting his presidency has become a "very serious security threat" for the country.

“This presidency is a very serious security threat for the United States,” Garamendi said during an interview on CNN's "The Situation Room."

[snip]

Garamendi noted an assertion from federal regulators that Russia had successfully breached some corporate systems at power plants on the U.S. power grid in 2017, though officials cautioned that no security or safety systems were compromised.

He was also reacting to a claim from the lawyer of adult film star Stormy Daniels that his client had been physically threatened over her allegations of an affair with Trump.

Asked if he would support articles of impeachment, Garamendi said he would “if [Trump] hasn’t done what he can do to protect the very essential elements of this nation.”

[snip][end]

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2018 8:55 am 
Board Emeritus

Everything, including the timing and the lies about firing Tillerson, points to the extreme likelihood that Donald Trump has sold out, via some sort of blackmail, to Vladimir Putin.

So, Joe and glen - which side are you on - ours, or Putin's?

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2018 9:04 am 
Board Emeritus

In any other administration we would be jumping for joy that an asshole like Rex Tillerson had been thrown out of the Secretary of State job. Now we're bemoaning that he was the last "adult in the room." Now that's the best sick joke I've heard in quite a while.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2018 9:26 am 
Board Emeritus

Tillerson was completely incompetent for the position. As for the radical understaffing of the State Dept and the diplomatic corps., while I'd like to blame that on Trump solely, it's been reported most of this was Tillerson's own brilliant idea about making the State Dept. "leaner and meaner". And, of course, we can't ignore the reason why he got the job in the first place ... Zowie's touched on it several times, seems like Vlad gave him a medallion. The fact that he ran from interviews early in the position shows, of course, like most of the rest of the maladmin, he was ill-prepared.

But here's the deal. I don't have to like a Cabinet sec'y to notice the process by which he was fired is surrounded by lies and venality. And yeah, if he gets replaced by an ideologue like John Bolton, it will be a trip from frying pan, to fire.

As for McMaster, well, it looks like right now he's in that heisenberg-uncertainty position where many others in the maladmin have been before being fired (will he stay/will he go) ... but that usually ends up with them fired.
https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa- ... SKCN1GS2WX

Or, of course, "he'll leave of his own volition/resign," which means, of course, he was pressured to leave.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2018 10:32 am 
Board Emeritus

Everything, including the timing and the lies about firing Tillerson, points to the extreme likelihood that Donald Trump has sold out, via some sort of blackmail, to Vladimir Putin.

BTW, Joe, when I said "ours", I meant the side of our nation. I KNOW that glen would pick Putin before any Democrat - but I'm sure you don't want to answer that question, picking between the KGB thug Putin or Democrats...

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2018 12:04 pm 
Board Emeritus

Tillerson was completely incompetent for the position. As for the radical understaffing of the State Dept and the diplomatic corps., while I'd like to blame that on Trump solely, it's been reported most of this was Tillerson's own brilliant idea about making the State Dept. "leaner and meaner". And, of course, we can't ignore the reason why he got the job in the first place ... Zowie's touched on it several times, seems like Vlad gave him a medallion. The fact that he ran from interviews early in the position shows, of course, like most of the rest of the maladmin, he was ill-prepared.

But here's the deal. I don't have to like a Cabinet sec'y to notice the process by which he was fired is surrounded by lies and venality. And yeah, if he gets replaced by an ideologue like John Bolton, it will be a trip from frying pan, to fire.

As for McMaster, well, it looks like right now he's in that heisenberg-uncertainty position where many others in the maladmin have been before being fired (will he stay/will he go) ... but that usually ends up with them fired.
https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa- ... SKCN1GS2WX

Or, of course, "he'll leave of his own volition/resign," which means, of course, he was pressured to leave.

I would say that the majority of Trump's cabinet was ill-prepared. Their ideology and their wealth, which is Trump's principle ideology, made them exceptional candidates for their respective positions.

Under the category of wishful thinking, can we now dispense with the bullshit of running government like a business?

"No one is so foolish as to choose war over peace. In peace sons bury their fathers, in war fathers bury their sons." - Herodotus

The new motto of the USA: Unum de multis. Out of one, many.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2018 2:31 pm 
Policy Wonk

Had an interesting conversation with my neighbor who still is in agreement with the notion
of the country needs to be run like a business and that Donald Trump is a great President
because he's not a politician.

Interesting she's still clueless for she's living on her deceased husband's social security
which likely could disappear if Republicans' had their way and that the federal govenment
is not a for profit business. Similar to an earlier thread about what type of country
Republicans want, she seems to reflect a yearning for a return to the country she knew
(she's in her early 70's).

I do think regardless of your political preferences, having a competent, qualified individual
as President is preferable to a Donald Trump. Hopefully the voters will take their government
back and allow the Democrats a check on the Trump administration for even the Republicans
might want this check.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2018 2:33 pm 
Board Emeritus

BTW, Joe, when I said "ours", I meant the side of our nation. I KNOW that glen would pick Putin before any Democrat - but I'm sure you don't want to answer that question, picking between the KGB thug Putin or Democrats...

Why do you continue to repeat that lie. You talked to me on the night of the election and you know how upset i was. Yet you still repeat that lie. It is getting very sad and tiresome.

"within weeks of being rid of the likes of you, rid of every fucking one of you,we would begin to see what kind of country this ought to be" Ike Bana 6/14/18

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2018 3:07 pm 
Board Emeritus

I also know how you changed - and you know as well as I that I asked you the question over and over and over and you kept answering it the same. Even if Trump was blackmailed by and in Putin's control, you'd rather have him than a Democrat.

So - Trump fires Tillerson because Tillerson said that Putin was the one that had the folks killed with a nerve agent in the UK. Looks more and more like Trump is an agent of Putin himself. Still want him rather than a dem? Yes or no?

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2018 3:44 pm 
Board Emeritus

We know where glen is, he would have a Putin Supported 45 in the White House because it might damage his Racist Loving Republican Party.

joe will say one thing, then another and each will be equally meaningless.

Glenfs posted about the Left's War On Women. Glenfs posted this after the Cosby Verdict "Gloria Allred is a media hound and an asshole. The most dangerous place to be is inbetween her and a microphone or camera". 04/27/2018.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2018 7:55 pm 
Board Emeritus

Tillerson was CEO of Exxon. Exxon had signed a trillion-dollar deal with Russia to drill in the Arctic. The current story is that Romney had the inside track, but Putin heard that, and voila! The CEO of Exxon is Secretary of State.

The State Department has been hollowed out for several reasons. It's not just to make it leaner and meaner. It's also to get rid of senior people deemed hostile to Russia.

I don't want to keep coming back to Russia. I hate scapegoating and sloppy thinking, and especially the tendency of the left to connect dots that don't really connect. The problem is that the facts keep pointing to Russia.

We were just warned by DHS that they have hacked into our power grid, and can literally turn it off any time they feel like it. There's also something about how they could sabotage a nuke plant in Kansas. I would say that yes, this is a clear and present danger to US national security, and I don't see the people at the top doing anything about it.

For that and other reasons, they are indeed a threat to national security.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2018 7:57 pm 
Board Emeritus

We know where glen is, he would have a Putin Supported 45 in the White House because it might damage his Racist Loving Republican Party.

joe will say one thing, then another and each will be equally meaningless.

From the guy who reported me last week for a callout thread. [which wasnt a cllout thread] Again do you have no self respect or self awareness?

"within weeks of being rid of the likes of you, rid of every fucking one of you,we would begin to see what kind of country this ought to be" Ike Bana 6/14/18

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2018 8:07 pm 
Board Emeritus

I also know how you changed - and you know as well as I that I asked you the question over and over and over and you kept answering it the same. Even if Trump was blackmailed by and in Putin's control, you'd rather have him than a Democrat.

So - Trump fires Tillerson because Tillerson said that Putin was the one that had the folks killed with a nerve agent in the UK. Looks more and more like Trump is an agent of Putin himself. Still want him rather than a dem? Yes or no?

BECAUSE IT WAS A DUMBASS QUESTION AND I DIDNT KNOW HOW TO RESPOND TO IT IN A MANNER THAT WASNT OFFENSIVE. I SHOULD HAVE SAID HOW COULD YOU BE SO FUCKING STUPID TO EVEN THINK OF SUCH A THING.

You know good and well how upset I was on election night. Almost to the point of tears. You know It, but because you weren't able to convert me to being a left wing democrat you have decided to attack me over and over. Which is the LW way, it isn't enough to disagree with a person they have to be destroyed on a personal level.

Case in point:

Reagan
Romney
W
HW
Quayle
Boehner
Ryan
McConnell

Basically any Republican who hasnt been dead for 50 years. Then of course that extends to common everyday folks. Any person that isnt an extreme LW hate filled liberal must be attacked on every level.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2018 8:22 pm 
Board Emeritus

For that and other reasons, they are indeed a threat to national security.

The oddity is, if Trump is not guilty of collusion, I don't see a better explanation for the failure of Trump and his maladmin to respond to the Russian security threat.

Yes, I do agree we want to keep ourselves out of more hot or cold wars with Russia.... Matt Taibbi. But, that is not a sufficient explanation for not protecting ourselves from what appears to be evident cyberwar. Defending yourself is just, well, common sense.

At the end of the day, though, even if there is no collusion or kompromat (or whatever was can't be shown/proven), he still is failing to protect the country - for whatever reason - and that's still a problem.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2018 8:42 pm 
Board Emeritus

BECAUSE IT WAS A DUMBASS QUESTION AND I DIDNT KNOW HOW TO RESPOND TO IT IN A MANNER THAT WASNT OFFENSIVE. I SHOULD HAVE SAID HOW COULD YOU BE SO FUCKING STUPID TO EVEN THINK OF SUCH A THING.

You know good and well how upset I was on election night. Almost to the point of tears. You know It, but because you weren't able to convert me to being a left wing democrat you have decided to attack me over and over. Which is the LW way, it isn't enough to disagree with a person they have to be destroyed on a personal level.

Case in point:

Reagan
Romney
W
HW
Quayle
Boehner
Ryan
McConnell

Basically any Republican who hasnt been dead for 50 years. Then of course that extends to common everyday folks. Any person that isnt an extreme LW hate filled liberal must be attacked on every level.

It's NOT a dumbass question - when Russia worked to rig our election, while his son was meeting with Russians, when his National Security Advisor has admitted to being in the employ of Putin, taking money and lying about it. When Trump immediately fires Tillerson for agreeing with our UK allies that Putin was being the assassinations with nerve agents. When so many of his staff have been involved with Russia. That's why former generals and admirals believe that Donald Trump is a risk to our national security.

That's what Mueller is investigating right now.

So it's NOT a dumbass question to ask about the possibility of Trump being controlled by Vladimir Putin. And you seemed quite honest and certain in your answer - that having a puppet of our enemy running our nation, than a Democrat. You would only be in favor of removing Trump if it didn't hurt the complete control of our government by the Republican Party.

That's why I can say with complete truthfulness that you put party before country.

And I can point out many times I've praised certain Republicans - including your God Reagan as well as GHW Bush. But the current crop of Republicans are just like you, they don't like Trump, but since he's in office, they are going to defend him all the way, no matter what he does.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2018 10:32 pm 
Board Emeritus

Case in point:

Reagan
Romney
W
HW
Quayle
Boehner
Ryan
McConnell

Bullshit, Glen. Pure, unadulterated bullshit.

Let us start with McConnell. That fucking prick wouldn’t do his job in bringing the Garland nomination forward after Obama asked him who would be acceptable. That is contemptible. Even the Dems gave Reagan’s pick their due. But not th Republican Party of today for Obama. Paul Ryan has stated he is going after the single most successful government program ever in Social Security. You are damn right he needs to be chastised. W was an idiot who lied about Iraq, who bumble-fucked Afganistan. He’s not in need of being castigated? HW, I actually was much more neutral about. Quayle was another arrogant frat-boy. Boehner was every bit the obstructionist that McConnell is. He would refuse to bring legislation to the floor just because HE didn’t think it would pass. That isn’t his decision to make. The people elected the representatives to represent them. Their job is legislation. Romney was smart but came across as an arrogant, egomaniac who didn’t give a shit about anyone who wasn’t wealthy. Who does that remind you of? I won’t bother with Great Prevaricator because you’ll wind up on th3 fainting couch again when someone insults your false god.

This is why people on the left yearn for the days when Republicans actually gave a shit about the people instead of just the abstract of patriotism. You want to blame someone? Look to Russell Kirk, Leo Strauss, William F. Buckley, Barry Goldwater, and your god Ronald Reagan. They started the Republican Party down the path of government being the problem instead of a tool used to address problems.

Then look in the mirror because, while you may have been very disappointed Trump won, you still support the party that supports him and his lunacy.

"No one is so foolish as to choose war over peace. In peace sons bury their fathers, in war fathers bury their sons." - Herodotus

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2018 7:55 am 
Board Emeritus

Three more stories of interest: (they all come from TPM, which I browse regularly, but this morning's horror show made my jaw drop)

Are these even legal and Constitutional? You can require NDAs of employees in the private sector, I guess your lawyer can give them to porn stars, but ... public sector public servants? Remember, they don't work for YOU. They work for THE PEOPLE.

Trump Had Senior WH Staff Sign NDAs, WaPo Deputy Editorial Page Editor Says
https://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewire/ ... ditor-says

Quel surprise: here comes Da Purge. Get rid of the "disloyalists!"

Trump Admin. Purging Civil Servants Suspected Of Disloyalty
https://talkingpointsmemo.com/dc/retali ... nder-trump

Also, yes, looks like Sessions lied even more than we thought about Russia.

Report: Despite Sworn Claim, Sessions Didn’t Oppose Russia Meeting, Sources Say
https://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewire/ ... ia-meeting

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2018 1:52 pm 
Board Emeritus

Three more stories of interest: (they all come from TPM, which I browse regularly, but this morning's horror show made my jaw drop)

Are these even legal and Constitutional? You can require NDAs of employees in the private sector, I guess your lawyer can give them to porn stars, but ... public sector public servants? Remember, they don't work for YOU. They work for THE PEOPLE.

Trump Had Senior WH Staff Sign NDAs, WaPo Deputy Editorial Page Editor Says
https://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewire/ ... ditor-says

Quel surprise: here comes Da Purge. Get rid of the "disloyalists!"

Trump Admin. Purging Civil Servants Suspected Of Disloyalty
https://talkingpointsmemo.com/dc/retali ... nder-trump

Also, yes, looks like Sessions lied even more than we thought about Russia.

Report: Despite Sworn Claim, Sessions Didn’t Oppose Russia Meeting, Sources Say
https://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewire/ ... ia-meeting

This guy’s administration is going to make teapot dome, credit mobilier and watergate look like amateur hour.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2018 2:00 pm 
Board Emeritus

And Glen will keep on voting for the people that support him.

Voting with hurt fees to pwn the libs:
Quote:
because of this board... it will be very hard for me to support a Democratic candidate.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2018 2:17 pm 
Board Emeritus

I would say that the majority of Trump's cabinet was ill-prepared. Their ideology and their wealth, which is Trump's principle ideology, made them exceptional candidates for their respective positions.

Under the category of wishful thinking, can we now dispense with the bullshit of running government like a business?

The best summary of Trump cabinet choices I've seen comes from Joy Reid...

Quote:
The Trump era makes a lot more sense when you remember that each of his cabinet members was handpicked for their determination to dismantle the agency they lead, and he was voted in by people who want to dismantle every single thing about America that made Barack Obama possible. - Joy Reid

This strategy, developed for Trump by Bannon since Trump is too fucking stupid to figure it out for himself, is that no black person will ever gain the office of POTUS again.