RadioFreeLiberal.com

Smart Voices, Be Heard
It is currently Fri Aug 17, 2018 4:29 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2018 2:11 pm 
Policy Wonk

When Rudy Giuliani announced that he would somehow take of the Mueller Investigation in just two weeks, I confess I was only somewhat dubious. But now....

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/gi ... 5c3d66a848.

Both Rudy and Kellyanne Conway left open the possibility of hush money payouts to other Women.

If this is handling Mueller....I personally think Giuliani hate 45 and is doing everything he can do hurt 45.

"Hi I'm Rudy and I'm Here To Help."

Glenfs posted about the Left's War On Women. Glenfs posted this after the Cosby Verdict "Gloria Allred is a media hound and an asshole. The most dangerous place to be is inbetween her and a microphone or camera". 04/27/2018.

Last edited by marindem on Mon May 07, 2018 12:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2018 10:06 pm 
Board Emeritus

dumb bigots

Stop calling the cops on us.

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2018 10:10 pm 
Board Emeritus

Public opinion is unpredictable. And underneath it all public opinion drives what Congressmen and Senators do.

If Giuliani can pump Trump's approval high enough it can be a game changer.

Today Ipsos turned in a 48% approval number, that's a 9% rise from 39% in one week. Maybe they drew a bad sample, that happens.

But the disinformation campaign against Mueller is moving the needle. Other pollsters haven't shown that much rise in Trump's numbers, but just about all of them are showing some rise. The 538 polling average has gone up from 40.4% to 42.1% in just one week. Nothing in the last year has moved Trump's numbers this fast.

:(

Voters tend to be stupid. I suppose enough of them are feeling Trump is being picked on and they're tired for hearing about Russia all the damned time. The more the news pushes the story, the more they rebound.

It's time for Mueller to fish or cut bait. I would say he has a couple of weeks, he either does something about Trump or he'll become irrelevant, and then be let go, fired. :|

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2018 10:23 pm 
Board Emeritus

Public opinion is unpredictable. And underneath it all public opinion drives what Congressmen and Senators do.

If Giuliani can pump Trump's approval high enough it can be a game changer.

Today Ipsos turned in a 48% approval number, that's a 9% rise from 39% in one week. Maybe they drew a bad sample, that happens.

But the disinformation campaign against Mueller is moving the needle. Other pollsters haven't shown that much rise in Trump's numbers, but just about all of them are showing some rise. The 538 polling average has gone up from 40.4% to 42.1% in just one week. Nothing in the last year has moved Trump's numbers this fast.

:(

Voters tend to be stupid. I suppose enough of them are feeling Trump is being picked on and they're tired for hearing about Russia all the damned time. The more the news pushes the story, the more they rebound.

It's time for Mueller to fish or cut bait. I would say he has a couple of weeks, he either does something about Trump or he'll become irrelevant, and then be let go, fired. :|

Depends on which voters you're talking about, man.

94% Black women for HRC...

I see a whole heck of lot of post-mortems on "the white working class" or whatever, still 18 months after the election. None such on us 94%ers. Wonder why that is..

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2018 10:39 pm 
Board Emeritus

A correction with Ipsos' numbers went through since I wrote that previous post. They dropped Trump's approval from 48% down to 43%, down 5%. That's still an increase, but now it's inline with the other pollsters. They had also turned in a generic congressional numbers which had Democrats only leading by 1%, they've changed that too, to Democrats by 8%.

That shifted the 538 average on Trump's approval down from 42.1% down to 41.4, down 0.7%.

That improved my mood somewhat. :)

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2018 10:57 pm 
Board Emeritus

A correction with Ipsos' numbers went through since I wrote that previous post. They dropped Trump's approval from 48% down to 43%, down 5%. That's still an increase, but now it's inline with the other pollsters. They had also turned in a generic congressional numbers which had Democrats only leading by 1%, they've changed that too, to Democrats by 8%.

That shifted the 538 average on Trump's approval down from 42.1% down to 41.4, down 0.7%.

That improved my mood somewhat. :)

Do you still think "voters" tend to be stupid?

Which voters do you feel tend to be stupid?

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2018 11:03 pm 
Board Emeritus

Trump is our President, does that answer your question?

I voted with the Black women. :)

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2018 11:11 pm 
Board Emeritus

Voters in the aggregate are stupid. After Bush2 was awarded the presidency in 2000, we the people elected him in 2004. You have most likely read my rants about Reagan. People are stupid, voters are stupid. They simply aren’t always stupid about everything all of the time.

"No one is so foolish as to choose war over peace. In peace sons bury their fathers, in war fathers bury their sons." - Herodotus

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2018 11:19 pm 
Board Emeritus

Voters in the aggregate are stupid. After Bush2 was awarded the presidency in 2000, we the people elected him in 2004. You have most likely read my rants about Reagan. People are stupid, voters are stupid. They simply aren’t always stupid about everything all of the time.

Yes but the q. is which voters.

This same logic employed here has been used historically over and over to rationalize denying the vote to minorities.

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2018 12:23 am 
Political Junkie

So you don't think we can take it as far as Starr did?

If that's the case then a decision has to be made.

It's enuf of being proper and trying to hold the middle ground.

Fish or cut bait, Sam.

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2018 12:37 am 
Board Emeritus

The middle is just shorthand for collaborators and enablers.

#cantbtrusted

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2018 12:39 am 
Board Emeritus

#Bullshit

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2018 1:01 am 
Political Junkie

#Depends

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2018 1:18 am 
Board Emeritus

#Bullshit

#historicalfact

You guys are the ones who kiss up to repressive state and violent social power, smiling big, toothy grins in the face of perceived power, believing that will somehow save your own hides, then wag your fingers at the rest of us who don't.

Good luck with that; you'll need it. History is not on your side.

#kapos
#uncletoms
#auntthomasinas

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2018 1:24 am 
Board Emeritus

Trump is our President, does that answer your question?

Do you think it answers my question about which voters are "stupid"?

Really? OK.

Quote:
I voted with the Black women. :)

Normal people did. You ought to have.

What's fascinating to me is why there aren't more takeaparts about why nearly all African American women voted (African Americans turned out in proportion to the percentage of our population), did not vote third party, and voted for Hillary.

Do you ever wonder about that? It's cool if you don't. Most people don't.

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2018 1:27 am 
Political Junkie

#Hope
#Hope is a good thing
#Hope maybe the best of things
#Never give up hope

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2018 1:28 am 
Board Emeritus

#historicalfact

You guys are the ones who kiss up to state and social, power smiling big, toothy grins in the face of perceived power, believing that will somehow save your own hides, then wag your fingers at the rest of us who don't.

#kapos
#uncletoms
#auntthomasinas

Me guys,,, and hashtags???

History is not on a side. Reality is not what people assume. It's what really is. :|

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2018 1:34 am 
Political Junkie

History is not on a side. Reality is not what people assume. It's what really is. :|

So you can't be on the wrong side of history?

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2018 1:51 am 
Board Emeritus

Do you think it answers my question about which voters are "stupid"?

Really? OK.

Normal people did. You ought to have.

What's fascinating to me is why there aren't more takeaparts about why nearly all African American women voted (African Americans turned out in proportion to the percentage of our population), did not vote third party, and voted for Hillary.

Do you ever wonder about that? It's cool if you don't. Most people don't.

It hard to tell who's stupid without talking with them. About all I can do when i don't have an opportunity to talk with them is to observe what they drive, the bigger it is and the less mileage it gets, the more stupid they are.

I took it apart and thought about that, why African American women voted for Clinton, and why I did too. Generally when I see but are unable to speak with African American women they are either driving the smallest car on the road, or they are on a bus or a train. Most of the conversations I've had with African American women have been on a bus or a train.

Sometimes I speak with African American women in stores. When I'm with a special needs boy who is a bit of a handful in a store an African American woman is about the only person I can find to speak with. Most other people will shun me when I'm in a store with my son.

So that's the best I can do taking it apart, they voted for Clinton for the same reasons they drive small cars, or don't drive and take a bus or train, and they talk to me on a bus or a train and in a store when I'm with my son. They tend to be friendly! :)

Trump is mean. :(

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2018 2:08 am 
Board Emeritus

So you can't be on the wrong side of history?

Give some thought as to what history is Bradman.

The first thing I realized when giving it thought is that history is not a single entity, there are numerous histories. Each history is made of events and facts from the past and someones opinion about it. Since there are many people there are many histories. Each one takes on the characteristics of the person who holds it.

That's why I say history is not on a side.

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2018 4:12 am 
Board Emeritus

Isn't it, though.

But if you really believed that, there wouldn't have been the need to patronize me by saying you voted with the black women.

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2018 7:42 am 
Board Emeritus

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2018 8:40 am 
Board Emeritus

Yesterday in a TV interview with George Stephanopoulos...

Quote:
And The Associated Press writes, "In an interview Sunday with ABC's This Week, Giuliani dismissed as rumor his own statements about Trump's payment to adult-film actress Stormy Daniels, said he can't speak to whether the president lied to the American people when he denied knowledge of the silencing agreement and wouldn't rule out the president asserting his Fifth Amendment right against self-incrimination in the Russia investigation."

Giuliani suggested that Mueller's team leaked a list of 49 questions the special counsel wanted to ask the president, a point host George Stephanopoulos challenged: "'Let me just stop you right there,' Stephanopoulos said, noting that the questions were written by a Trump lawyer after a meeting with Mueller and his team. 'It wasn't something leaked by Mueller,' Stephanopoulos said," according to ABC.

Giuliani: Trump Might Refuse Mueller Subpoenas Or Take The Fifth

Legal scholars and law enforcement officers and prosecuting attorneys have repeatedly said that the POTUS, who is the country's chief law enforcement officer cannot take the fifth amendment and remain in office.

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2018 9:07 am 
Board Emeritus

#historicalfact

You guys are the ones who kiss up to repressive state and violent social power, smiling big, toothy grins in the face of perceived power, believing that will somehow save your own hides, then wag your fingers at the rest of us who don't.

#kapos
#uncletoms
#auntthomasinas

sadly, nor is it on yours. it never will be. the arc of history does not bend towards justice because there is no definition of justice. to truly enforce what is needed to result in what much of the left, of which I am a part, wishes for the future would require violence of a scale unseen in human history. so instead we move slowly attempting to prune the bush of political economic power that continuously crushes "the other".

if you think it would not require violence and that the end result would be achievable by electing a Hillary Clinton or an Elizabeth Warren or other progressives on a local, state or federal level you are deluded.

racism, hatred, homophobia, religious bigotry are taught. they are taught in the dark corners of the minds of those who believe they are economically disadvantaged because "the other" stole their jobs when the political economy and creative destruction stole their jobs. It is taught because so-called scripture in the so-called abrahamic faiths and elsewhere are interpreted to mean certain groups are sub-human. human mythology is created because reality cannot be consumed and understood by far too many and myths are needed as a spoon full of sugar to help the medicine of reality go down.

if you speak of equity before the law that is more likely achievable but then who gets to decide what the law is and what becomes law. how often do we see that alleged progressives are just as guilty of taking monies from people whose goals do not mesh with progressive ideals?

of course it is an ongoing process and we can only do the best that we can. cooperation is far more preferable than opposition.

your hashtags point up something interesting.

"No one is so foolish as to choose war over peace. In peace sons bury their fathers, in war fathers bury their sons." - Herodotus

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2018 9:13 am 
Board Emeritus

sadly, nor is it on yours. it never will be. the arc of history does not bend towards justice because there is no definition of justice. to truly enforce what is needed to result in what much of the left, of which I am a part, wishes for the future would require violence of a scale unseen in human history. so instead we move slowly attempting to prune the bush of political economic power that continuously crushes "the other".

if you think it would not require violence and that the end result would be achievable by electing a Hillary Clinton or an Elizabeth Warren or other progressives on a local, state or federal level you are deluded.

Red herring, man

Quote:
racism, hatred, homophobia, religious bigotry are taught. they are taught in the dark corners of the minds of those who believe they are economically disadvantaged because "the other" stole their jobs when the political economy and creative destruction stole their jobs. It is taught because so-called scripture in the so-called abrahamic faiths and elsewhere are interpreted to mean certain groups are sub-human. human mythology is created because reality cannot be consumed and understood by far too many and myths are needed as a spoon full of sugar to help the medicine of reality go down.

They are taught and learned.

They can also be un-learned.

Quote:
if you speak of equity before the law that is more likely achievable but then who gets to decide what the law is and what becomes law. how often do we see that alleged progressives are just as guilty of taking monies from people whose goals do not mesh with progressive ideals?

of course it is an ongoing process and we can only do the best that we can. cooperation is far more preferable than opposition.

your hashtags point up something interesting.

Is all this your answer as to which voters are stupid?