RadioFreeLiberal.com

Smart Voices, Be Heard
It is currently Sat Jul 21, 2018 11:28 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 12:23 pm 
Board Emeritus

Same-sex couple records confrontation with Uber driver after being kicked out for kissing in vehicle

NEW YORK CITY (WABC) -- A same-sex couple is speaking out about their ride in an Uber in which they say the driver kicked them out because they were kissing.

The couple spoke to Eyewitness News and says they were doing nothing wrong. They immediately got their phone out and began recording the confrontation, which quickly went from bad to worse.

http://abc7ny.com/society/lesbian-coupl ... s/3591678/

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 5:40 pm 
Board Emeritus

What really frosts me as a licensed professional are the pharmacists with a list of prescription drugs that they won't fill. Fuck you people, you're licensed professionals, STFU and do your job. But what frosts me even more are the state departments of professional regulation that let these people get away with it, and the Republican controlled state legislatures sticking their pious noses into it.

Last edited by Ike Bana on Tue Jun 12, 2018 5:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 5:53 pm 
Board Emeritus

Religionists. But their beliefs are deeply held.

I am tired of this crap.

And fuck Uber.

"No one is so foolish as to choose war over peace. In peace sons bury their fathers, in war fathers bury their sons." - Herodotus

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 5:55 pm 
Board Emeritus

Lots of folks have matured on this issue over the years, I know I have.

Ignorance is lazy.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 6:22 pm 
Board Emeritus

What really frosts me as a licensed professional are the pharmacists with a list of prescription drugs that they won't fill. Fuck you people, you're licensed professionals, STFU and do your job. But what frosts me even more are the state departments of professional regulation that let these people get away with it, and the Republican controlled state legislatures sticking their pious noses into it.

If the Pharmacy is independently owned the owner should not be required to sell any product he doesn't want to. But, if you are a pharmacist and do not own the store then yes you should either fill ever R/X you are presented with or find a different job.

I am not sure the policy of the places my daughter has worked but, I am 99% sure they would fire any pharmacist that refused to fil any lawful R/X. In fact while I won't name it but, I am 100% certain the place she works now would fire the pharmacist, as they should.

"within weeks of being rid of the likes of you, rid of every fucking one of you,we would begin to see what kind of country this ought to be" Ike Bana 6/14/18

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 6:54 pm 
Board Emeritus

If the Pharmacy is independently owned the owner should not be required to sell any product he doesn't want to. But, if you are a pharmacist and do not own the store then yes you should either fill ever R/X you are presented with or find a different job.

I am not sure the policy of the places my daughter has worked but, I am 99% sure they would fire any pharmacist that refused to fil any lawful R/X. In fact while I won't name it but, I am 100% certain the place she works now would fire the pharmacist, as they should.

Fuck off. The pharmacists working behind the counter are state licensed in every fucking state in the country. They have a job to do based in the licence they have. And if they won't do their job...the whole fucking job, they need to get a job behind the counter at McDonald's. There are pharmacists who are not being held to the requirements of their license...all over this piece of shit country. And it needs to stop.

It also needs to stop that some pious checkout asshole doesn't have to swipe the wine bottle, or the fucking bacon.

Last edited by Ike Bana on Tue Jun 12, 2018 7:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 6:57 pm 
Board Emeritus

Fuck you. The pharmacists working behind the counter are state licensed in every fckimg state in the country. They have a job to do based in the licence they have. And if they won't do their job...the while fucking job, they need to get a job behind the counter at McDonald's. There are pharmacists who are not being held to the requirements of their licence...all over this piece of shit country. And it needs to stop.

Dont worry, the INSTANT glen's position on this interferes with his or his families ability to get life saving or pain reducing drugs or reproductive drugs, he will change his position.

They believe in nothing, none of them. One day they are angry at someone for not doing something and the next excusing it when it is their boy.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 6:58 pm 
Board Emeritus

deleted

Last edited by Drak on Tue Jun 12, 2018 7:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 7:00 pm 
Board Emeritus

Fuck you. The pharmacists working behind the counter are state licensed in every fckimg state in the country. They have a job to do based in the licence they have. And if they won't do their job...the while fucking job, they need to get a job behind the counter at McDonald's. There are pharmacists who are not being held to the requirements of their licence...all over this piece of shit country. And it needs to stop.

I agree with you, if the store stocks the product then they should have to fill the R/X. However the store should not be required to stock any product the owners do not wish to stock. As for your premise about pharmacist refusing to fill R/X's they are very few and very far between. As for your premise that our country is a piece of shit.........you are just wrong and in all seriousness why don't you move? Canada is not that far away. Close enough that you can always come back and visit friends and family.

"within weeks of being rid of the likes of you, rid of every fucking one of you,we would begin to see what kind of country this ought to be" Ike Bana 6/14/18

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 7:00 pm 
Board Emeritus

Full Edit

Last edited by glenfs on Tue Jun 12, 2018 7:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 7:02 pm 
Board Emeritus

Like I said, there is NO reason to discuss anything like this with a con, their position will change the INSTANT it affects them.

This is true in every single case.

I wonder where they will stand on Rump's attempt now to give health insurers back the right to deny coverage based on preexisting.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 7:04 pm 
Board Emeritus

Fuck You

You have turned into a lying, duplicitous, Trumper asshole, glen. You're in no position to be some uppity disenfranchised white boy over it.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 7:07 pm 
Board Emeritus

Actually I apologize to Glen.

My post was out of line in the context of this thread. I deleted it.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 7:07 pm 
Board Emeritus

This is Glen's vision of America.

Well, that is absolutely the country he wants in that he wants his neighbor to be able to reserve the right to do this even if he, Glen, doesn't wish to do it.

Anybody remember Rand Paul's interview with Rachel where she got him to admit he wants racists to have the right to refuse service? He made the argument that the market place would deal with them and they would lose business, etc,. And you know what I think, I think Rand Paul to the extent that he can given his privilege and color actually would want equality, his position on fairness in sentencing does support that, but at the end of the day he has far more concern about the rights of a business-owner than anything and that is where he fails the common sense test.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 7:08 pm 
Board Emeritus

Like I said, there is NO reason to discuss anything like this with a con, their position will change the INSTANT it affects them.

This is true in every single case.

I wonder where they will stand on Rump's attempt now to give health insurers back the right to deny coverage based on preexisting.

So any person with an opinion different from yours is not worthy of an open and honest discussion with you? How is my position that different from yours?

You folks act as if pharmacists refusing to fill an R/X because of personal beliefs is commonplace. When in fact I doubt any of us could find a pharmacy where we live that would refuse to fill an R/X unless it was a product they didn't stock.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 7:10 pm 
Board Emeritus

However the store should not be required to stock any product the owners do not wish to stock.

I mean, within reason ... sure. Stores have limited shelf space, limited inventory, and stock the products they think sell better. I can get why they might not have both Count Chocula and Cocoa Puffs on the same shelf.

But, dunno. If the owner is going to refuse to sell a lawful class of product altogether, namely birth control, to their clients/customers because of so-called "religious beliefs" ... not only would I not shop there, I might be tempted to launch a boycott, as that decision is basically a load of crap.

They have a right to make business decisions, not refuse to serve a class of legal product altogether. Based on bogus "deeply held beliefs" about what they THINK their religion "says".

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 7:11 pm 
Board Emeritus

I tend not to respond to you glen because I dont think you are capable of original thought or changing your mind.

Let me try to explain it to you this way.

We do NOT have different OPINIONS, you and I, you and the other liberals here.

You have positions , often, not always, that are WRONG, deadly, ugly. period

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 7:12 pm 
Board Emeritus

Thank You I owe you one

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 7:14 pm 
Board Emeritus

I tend not to respond to you glen because I dont think you are capable of original thought or changing your mind.

Let me try to explain it to you this way.

We do NOT have different OPINIONS, you and I, you and the other liberals here.

You have positions , often, not always, that are WRONG, deadly, ugly. period

I have said nothing ugly on this topic, in fact agreed with most of your opinion.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 7:18 pm 
Board Emeritus

I have said nothing ugly on this topic, in fact agreed with most of your opinion.

No, you did not agree with me, you made an excuse for a religious bigot to use MY sidewalk and MY roads and MY infrastructure to REFUSE life saving drugs to a patient they have a religious disagreement with.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 7:19 pm 
Board Emeritus

You're a better man than I am Drak. Far as I'm concerned it was perfectly in line. glen is a first rate deplorable.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 7:21 pm 
Board Emeritus

You're a better man than I am Drak. Far as I'm concerned it was perfectly in line. glen is a first rate deplorable.

:rw)

Sometimes I tune into a page, your post, and you are BLASTING someone, usually Glen, but I have this twinge for a second before I see to make sure it isnt me :rw)

And so what that is, is a compliment. You are nobody's lapdog or hypocrite or yes man. You take shit from nobody and dont care what the group think is, I often look for your comment on something for that reason, to check myself.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 7:21 pm 
Board Emeritus

Feh...like being a Trump supporter isn't ugly enough.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 7:22 pm 
Board Emeritus

I mean, within reason ... sure. Stores have limited shelf space, limited inventory, and stock the products they think sell better. I can get why they might not have both Count Chocula and Cocoa Puffs on the same shelf.

But, dunno. If the owner is going to refuse to sell a lawful class of product altogether, namely birth control, to their clients/customers because of so-called "religious beliefs" ... not only would I not shop there, I might be tempted to launch a boycott, as that decision is basically a load of crap.

They have a right to make business decisions, not refuse to serve a class of legal product altogether. Based on bogus "deeply held beliefs" about what they THINK their religion "says".

While some stores will not stock certain items the larger chains will special order them for you. While some Pharmacist do refuse to fill some R/X they are so few and far between you would be hard pressed to find one and I agree they should be fired.

As for refusing to stock or sell an item the very few mom and pops we have left cannot afford to sell some product because of the cost. If they have to special order a quanity larger than they will ever sell they could literally lose 100's on a single R/X.

Again though what makes this conversation so silly is people are acting as if it is a common practice when it rarely happens that a Pharmacist refuse to fill a legal R/X. Now there are multiple times they refuse to fill an R/X that looks bogus or has come from a pill mill Dr. They see on their computer how much has been prescribed and how often. When they know a regular R/X of a particular drug is say 2 pills a day for 10 days with no refills. And a person shows up with a legal R/X for 4 pills a day for 30 days with 4 refills. It is their duty to not fill the R/X but to report the Dr who wrote the script.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 7:23 pm 
Board Emeritus

Sigh, lynching is no longer common place, doesnt mean you can ignore it when it happens