Smart Voices, Be Heard
It is currently Sat Nov 17, 2018 10:59 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2018 9:04 am 
Board Emeritus

Confirmed yesterday by Donald Trump.

“On behalf of our nation I want to apologize to Bret and the entire Kavanaugh family for the terrible pain and suffering you have been forced to endure."

Don't presume to apologize to this sniveling weasel for me, asshole.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2018 10:45 am 
Board Emeritus

On behalf of the majority, I want to apologize for the shithead in the White House. He's being played by a tight oligarchy of billionaires who speak only for themselves. Unfortunately, the founders of our country envisioned a much more collegial government than anything possible in modern times, so the tools for fixing the situation are far more limited than in more advanced democracies.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2018 10:53 am 
Board Emeritus

IMHO...the founders envisioned a country controlled by the elite landowners, and who saw the rest of the populace just as the GOP of today has chosen to identify the populace...as a mob needing to be controlled and silenced when necessary.

The country we were given by the founders is what has made the country we have today possible.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2018 4:33 pm 

Confirmed yesterday by Donald Trump.

“On behalf of our nation I want to apologize to Bret and the entire Kavanaugh family for the terrible pain and suffering you have been forced to endure."

Don't presume to apologize to this sniveling weasel for me, asshole.

Again I ask, has he had to move out of his house because of death threats to him or his family? Can he still go home now, unlike Dr. Ford, who is still receiving death threats? If he can, the F*** HIM AND HIS FAMILY!!!@

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2018 4:39 pm 
Board Emeritus

Again I ask, has he had to move out of his house because of death threats to him or his family? Can he still go home now, unlike Dr. Ford, who is still receiving death threats? If he can, the F*** HIM AND HIS FAMILY!!!@

I keep wondering, when they start killing Women or imprisoning them or both, are we gonna sit by and do nothing? Because if we arent that means all this talk is just that, talk. There WILL have to be a confrontation that will make all the talk moot.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2018 6:02 pm 
Board Emeritus

Oh boo hoo. Somebody questioned America's Carpool Dad in public. the indignity! nobody understands! :problem:

Stop calling the cops on us.

Last edited by carmenjonze on Wed Oct 10, 2018 12:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2018 11:00 pm 
Board Emeritus

Overall I think our country has come a long was since its founding. And what we've become is better than what the founders laid out.

The country is pretty sturdy, it will survive Trump, and just as soon as it has him shrugged off we'll be getting back on track to improve some more.

I wish I could say as much for the master thermostat.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2018 12:43 am 
Policy Wonk

Like most politicians, he's overplaying his hand for he's continuing to escalate
the rhetoric even after his man got onto the court. All its going to do is
enflame the rest of the country that are not Trump supporters to want to
vote.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2018 1:12 am 
Board Emeritus

Like most politicians, he's overplaying his hand for he's continuing to escalate
vote.

You ought to see the sudden shift in the approval and generic ballot polls. About four percent in one day if other high quality polls match CNN and IPSOS.

It would appear from the timing of when those polls were in the field that maybe the New York Times, Trump inheritance tax fraud article may have been what shifted them.

In so far as that article having hang time it seemed like it was smothered and the interest died right away, the talk shows didn't talk about it much. But that doesn't mean it didn't have an impact which turned people off with Trump.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2018 11:22 am 
Board Emeritus

The article is very long and contains many pictures of checks, letters, etc. It's like an FBI case, in that every minute detail is addressed. It obviously took months to write, and it takes an hour to read. I can see where the effect of something this complex would be slow. In the end, though, it would be sure, which is what we're seeing.

Americans for the most part have a Mr Smith Goes to Washington picture of DC, and the confrontation with the real thing right in their faces also took time to digest. The real damage, of course, is McConnell. He looks like the bad guy in a WWII movie, and everything he does reeks of autocracy. He gets right in your face and goes frack you, try and stop me. The image of his party deteriorates at a rate closely correlated with his TV time.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2018 11:55 am 
Board Emeritus

vote.

Most?

Most democrats dont act like this.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2018 2:19 pm 
Board Emeritus

The country is pretty sturdy, it will survive Trump, and just as soon as it has him shrugged off we'll be getting back on track to improve some more.

Perhaps. But theres no changing that the nature of half, if not more, of the population makes this, to use one of Donald's favorite terms, the shithole of the first world.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2018 2:24 pm 
Board Emeritus

Perhaps. But theres no changing that the nature of half, if not more, of the population makes this, to use one of Donald's favorite terms, the shithole of the first world.

Easy for older, middle class white str8t people to say everything will work out given all this madness affects them last. So when one of them cavalierly says we will survive rump, well I consider the source.

And, in fact, I dont know if we will survive election day, knowing what I know as to what is going to happen. Well, what Malcolm and I think are going to happen, hope we arent the only ones thinking it

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2018 4:34 pm 
Board Emeritus

Significant damage has already been done, internally to the functioning of the executive branch, and in relationships with other former friendly nations.

If I was a citizen of the EU I would be looking at this country as the shithole of the first world, and as a serious threat to the well being of my country, whether Trump remains in office after 2020 or not. As a citizen of the EU I wouldn't trust the people of a country who would put an asshole criminal like Donald Trump in the office of President. The blonde is an EU citizen and that's how she sees this country.

I suspect most EU citizens didn't trust this country all that much the way we are always throwing our weight around even before Trump became president, and it's obviously way fucking worse now.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2018 4:43 pm 
Board Emeritus

Significant damage has already been done, internally to the functioning of the executive branch, and in relationships with other former friendly nations.

If I was a citizen of the EU I would be looking at this country as the shithole of the first world, and as a serious threat to the well being of my country, whether Trump remains in office after 2020 or not. As a citizen of the EU I wouldn't trust the people of a country who would put an asshole criminal like Donald Trump in the office of President. The blonde is an EU citizen and that's how she sees this country.

I suspect most EU citizens didn't trust this country all that much the way we are always throwing our weight around even before Trump became president, and it's obviously way fucking worse now.

Just a matter of time before most, I hope, Americans get as angry as I have been for many years now, since W. But it will take GREAT pain and many deaths before they do, I suppose.

WHEN Women are being KILLED, WHEN Women are being imprisoned, shit might change, but probably not before. And that is only one of the issues, the NIGHTMARE we now face because some folks just couldnt trust the email Woman.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2018 5:07 pm 
Board Emeritus

Just a matter of time before most, I hope, Americans get as angry as I have been for many years now, since W. But it will take GREAT pain and many deaths before they do, I suppose.

WHEN Women are being KILLED, WHEN Women are being imprisoned, shit might change, but probably not before. And that is only one of the issues, the NIGHTMARE we now face because some folks just couldnt trust the email Woman.

To be honest the whole anti-Hillary derangement never made any sense to me. So she's not particularly "likeable", so fucking what? Like Nixon and George W. Bush were likeable. Reagan was a smug asshole for christs dale. I would think time has shown us that she is clearly in nowhere near the same league of dishonesty as the current president or the entire Republican Congressional delegation.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2018 6:25 pm 
Board Emeritus

To be honest the whole anti-Hillary derangement never made any sense to me. So she's not particularly "likeable", so fucking what? Like Nixon and George W. Bush were likeable. Reagan was a smug asshole for christs dale. I would think time has shown us that she is clearly in nowhere near the same league of dishonesty as the current president or the entire Republican Congressional delegation.

And yet I dont see much difference between Hillary and Kamala and Elizabeth Warren and Nancy P and I could go on. Most Women in politics or business have outward personalities much like their male counterparts because that is how they survive in those worlds.

So what WE seem to want is a Woman who comes across like Obama but also like Oprah or whatever, and it is all about misogyny really.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2018 9:46 pm 
Board Emeritus

And yet I dont see much difference between Hillary and Kamala and Elizabeth Warren and Nancy P and I could go on. Most Women in politics or business have outward personalities much like their male counterparts because that is how they survive in those worlds.

So what WE seem to want is a Woman who comes across like Obama but also like Oprah or whatever, and it is all about misogyny really.

Yes but Hillary had a $12,000 jacket

Stop calling the cops on us.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 11:43 am 
Board Emeritus

Who but Susan Sarandon or some other asshole would suggest that the country would have been worse off with President Clinton?

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 12:15 pm 
Board Emeritus

Quote:
"Ask not what your country can do for you, but what you can do for your country" If JFK was alive today the GOP would chant "lock him up" and they would side with Nikita Khrushchev over Jack

my latest tweet