Smart Voices, Be Heard
It is currently Wed Nov 20, 2019 3:02 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2018 10:22 pm 
Board Emeritus

bumper

So I wake up today, big screw in tire, not on sidewall so thank goodness repairable after an entire day of having AAA come out, change to the spare for me (no way in hell I am doing that unless no other option and I pay for AAA so, yeah) go to Costco to repair it and so yes, almost all day.

Now, did my having this on my bumper that I had just put it on two days earlier cause some idiot to ram a screw into my tire or was it a road hazard?

Well, since I had the sign on WRONG anyway, silly me, I took it off, just in case.

I dont drive off road and I dont understand why both my wife and I have so many, probably at least a total of 6 between the two of us in 3 years. Hers are run flats, NIGHTMARE to deal with if unfix-able.

Yesterday had tooth pulled that I broke in prep for a bridge, so in pain and cant eat, still. Dentists said do you want painkillers, I said sure (i wont use them unless severe pain, long story, but figured why not take them anyway) and he said Ultram is what he prescribes. Ultram is NOT an opiate. I said "what about Vicodin, they make it too complicated for you to prescribe it?"

Yes was his answer. to that, i say FUCK all of you assholes who think the answer to the opiate crisis is to make it so people who actually NEED it cant get it.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2018 11:48 pm 
Board Emeritus

I use these, and a little air compressor. Between trips to Costco for new tires. Sometimes I don't even take the tire off of the car. Usually it takes 30 minutes because I have to find all of that stuff. 5 minuets to fix the flat and add air back to full pressure.

If you had the screw in the tire, that is a good indication that your bumper sticker had nothing to do with it. It takes the weight and energy of the car to lodge a screw in a tire.

A hoodlum will slash the sidewall or cast nails under a car. If it's malicious it will be nails, not screws. All screws indicate is that Bob the Builder was around at some time in the past.

Who in the neighborhood got a new fence? Or had home repairs?

I've had a tooth break and have had it be pulled like that, sorry to hear it is happening to you. I consider that to be a three day laying low major pain event. When it happened to me that was before this opiate hysteria. The guy tried to fob those 600mg tabs of Ibuprofen off on me.

Fortunately I have a sailors ways and means of solving medical problems like that.

:|

That way wouldn't work for you. You might try using that legalized medicinal pot.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2018 2:39 pm 
Board Emeritus

I use these, and a little air compressor. Between trips to Costco for new tires. Sometimes I don't even take the tire off of the car. Usually it takes 30 minutes because I have to find all of that stuff. 5 minuets to fix the flat and add air back to full pressure.

If you had the screw in the tire, that is a good indication that your bumper sticker had nothing to do with it. It takes the weight and energy of the car to lodge a screw in a tire.

A hoodlum will slash the sidewall or cast nails under a car. If it's malicious it will be nails, not screws. All screws indicate is that Bob the Builder was around at some time in the past.

Who in the neighborhood got a new fence? Or had home repairs?

I've had a tooth break and have had it be pulled like that, sorry to hear it is happening to you. I consider that to be a three day laying low major pain event. When it happened to me that was before this opiate hysteria. The guy tried to fob those 600mg tabs of Ibuprofen off on me.

Fortunately I have a sailors ways and means of solving medical problems like that.

:|

That way wouldn't work for you. You might try using that legalized medicinal pot.

I could eat some MJ but I probably wont, my history, etc. Pain still there, bummer. No antibiotics prescribed, so I googled that, I guess they dont do it as often anymore.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2018 2:45 pm 
Board Emeritus

bumper

So I wake up today, big screw in tire, not on sidewall so thank goodness repairable after an entire day of having AAA come out, change to the spare for me (no way in hell I am doing that unless no other option and I pay for AAA so, yeah) go to Costco to repair it and so yes, almost all day.

Now, did my having this on my bumper that I had just put it on two days earlier cause some idiot to ram a screw into my tire or was it a road hazard?

Well, since I had the sign on WRONG anyway, silly me, I took it off, just in case.

I dont drive off road and I dont understand why both my wife and I have so many, probably at least a total of 6 between the two of us in 3 years. Hers are run flats, NIGHTMARE to deal with if unfix-table of

Chances are it wasn't done on purpose. There's a lot of junk on the roads we run over without knowing it until the tire goes flat. I've had a nail and a cable TV connector as the cause of flat tires.

Quote:
Yesterday had tooth pulled that I broke in prep for a bridge, so in pain and cant eat, still. Dentists said do you want painkillers, I said sure (i wont use them unless severe pain, long story, but figured why not take them anyway) and he said Ultram is what he prescribes. Ultram is NOT an opiate. I said "what about Vicodin, they make it too complicated for you to prescribe it?"

Yes was his answer. to that, i say FUCK all of you assholes who think the answer to the opiate crisis is to make it so people who actually NEED it cant get it.

I haven't heard of Ultram so I had to look it up. BTW, for years I was in charge of the controlled substances (narcotics) for the hospitals/clinics I was assigned to in the AF so I was familiar with a lot of narcotics but not Ultram. Anyway, I looked up Ultram and it is a partially synthetic opioid whereas Vicodin is acetaminophen and an opiod. Vicodin is more potent in a lower dose than Ultram so Ultram is higher dosed to achieve the same effect as Vicodin. Both Ultram and Vicodin are narcotics and Vicodin is more addictive.
rxlist.com

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2018 2:57 pm 
Board Emeritus

Chances are it wasn't done on purpose. There's a lot of junk on the roads we run over without knowing it until the tire goes flat. I've had a nail and a cable TV connector as the cause of flat tires.

I haven't heard of Ultram so I had to look it up. BTW, for years I was in charge of the controlled substances (narcotics) for the hospitals/clinics I was assigned to in the AF so I was familiar with a lot of narcotics but not Ultram. Anyway, I looked up Ultram and it is a partially synthetic opioid whereas Vicodin is acetaminophen and an opiod. Vicodin is more potent in a lower dose than Ultram so Ultram is higher dosed to achieve the same effect as Vicodin. Both Ultram and Vicodin are narcotics and Vicodin is more addictive.
rxlist.com

Yeah I am aware how Ultram is classified, but tt is in NO way similar to any opiate painkiller as to the euphoria common with opiates. I could explain how I know this, not important.

And it doesnt matter the dose, it simply isnt an opiate as to the most common side effect of opiates, euphoria (no matter how it is classified). Or the high, whatever you want to call it. That euphoria is in large part why painkillers are effective because the body is in shock or stress, you are in pain and stressed out etc., While a strong opiate like oxycontin or oxycodone or morphine or demerol or any of them may not remove the pain, the euphoria effect will make you care less that you have the pain. Ultram does NOT give you that.

What is important here is the overreaction by force by the medical community, they are under the gun, not their fault. But someday someone will need a painkiller, wont be able to get it, and then they will understand the problem. I HAVE them already, i dont need him to prescribe to me, but WHAT if I didnt?

I am not using the ones I have even though I would like to, another story not important here.

Yes it is technically an opiate except in the ONE way it needs to be it isnt.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2018 4:15 pm 
Board Emeritus

I would argue the real cause of the "opioid crisis" were certain Big Pharma corps. who knowingly overprescribed their product. As usual, instead of going after Big Corps., we're cracking down on patients who need pain meds ... one of them, BTW, is my Mom, who is also in chronic pain. Instead of fighting a new war, which is really the definition of insanity, we should be looking for alternatives.

There are numerous non-opioid/opiate painkillers out there ... cannabis simply being one of the most available. :D There are many non-addictive alternatives, we should be researching, investigating, and trying them all. Some come from nature ... the wondrous organic pharmacy that doesn't need lab testing.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2018 5:44 pm 
Board Emeritus

I would argue the real cause of the "opioid crisis" were certain Big Pharma corps. who knowingly overprescribed their product. As usual, instead of going after Big Corps., we're cracking down on patients who need pain meds ... one of them, BTW, is my Mom, who is also in chronic pain. Instead of fighting a new war, which is really the definition of insanity, we should be looking for alternatives.

There are numerous non-opioid/opiate painkillers out there ... cannabis simply being one of the most available. :D There are many non-addictive alternatives, we should be researching, investigating, and trying them all. Some come from nature ... the wondrous organic pharmacy that doesn't need lab testing.

If you had something that actually took away pain from nature, you could be rich.

What specifically are you talking about other than pot?

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2018 6:48 pm 
Board Emeritus

https://www.webmd.com/vitamins/ai/ingre ... 2/turmeric

Somewhere we got into this tunnel vision where opioids were the only things that work as analgesics. We have to get out of that tunnel.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2019 10:09 am 
Board Emeritus

Check out how many plys your tires are. Years ago we had a similar problem. Turned out it was due to cheap tires

"within weeks of being rid of the likes of you, rid of every fucking one of you,we would begin to see what kind of country this ought to be" Ike Bana 6/14/18

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2019 12:08 pm 
Board Emeritus

Did you know the steel wire belts and plys in radial tires become magnetized as the tires are used?

Because of the way the plys and belts are laid out, and how tires go round and round, if one places a pickup coil, (a coil of small gage insulated wire with many wraps), in the wheel well close to the tire surface and then connects the coil's leads to an amp and speakers some very unusual sound will come out as the car goes down the road.

Do it to the front tires not the rear, the rear doesn't steer and turning corners is some of the best parts of the sounds. It's low frequency so use lots of amp, hook it to the WOOFERS.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2019 5:58 pm 
Board Emeritus

always buy merican made tires.
dont buy china tires.

china tires may save a few bucks at the counter but like walm shit that 'saving' will cost you more
not far down the road.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2019 1:36 pm 
Board Emeritus

You can buy Goodyears at WalMart for less than you can with the employee discount. Go-Go-Goodyear union company HQ in Akron Ohio and they have been sending a check to my mom and dad every month since 1989.

"within weeks of being rid of the likes of you, rid of every fucking one of you,we would begin to see what kind of country this ought to be" Ike Bana 6/14/18

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2019 7:42 pm 
Board Emeritus

I bought some new Michelin tires from Costco last month. The last set I had held up well and I had no flats with them. I hopefully expect these will be the last tires I buy for my 12 year old car since they have an 80,000 mile warranty so by the time they need replacing my car will have about 145,000 miles on it and I’ll have bought a new electric or hybrid car.