RadioFreeLiberal.com

Smart Voices, Be Heard
It is currently Sun Sep 15, 2019 12:24 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1599 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48 ... 64  Next
 Post subject: Re: bye
PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2019 8:26 pm 
Board Emeritus

So, it seems like the story of Larouche's death was going around yesterday, but people were saying it was fake.

Wikipedia didn't show him as dead, or the sites that actually track celebrity deaths. However, I'm finally seeing this in reputable sources. Looks like he's finally a goner. At 96. Man, the good die young, but the others, it really does seem unfair.

So, you know my rule, no matter their essence, I won't speak ill of the recently dead. For a few days, anyway. Maybe his cat loved him. (I refuse to revisit the whole nontroversy over whether I did so with regard to a former sports talk announcer. No further words here.)

I feel no compunction to spare his followers, the Larouchites. They are a bunch of moronic anti-Semitic assholes and conspiracy nuts, and they can go fuck themselves.

There. I feel better now.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2019 8:28 pm 
Board Emeritus

Speaking of bye, did you hear the breaking news about Paul Manafort?

Voting with hurt fees to pwn the libs:
Quote:
because of this board... it will be very hard for me to support a Democratic candidate.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2019 8:29 pm 
Board Emeritus

Speaking of bye, did you hear the breaking news about Paul Manafort?

new thread here by me

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=25490

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2019 9:01 pm 
Board Emeritus

So, it seems like the story of Larouche's death was going around yesterday, but people were saying it was fake.

Sounds like the beginning of a Saturday Night Live skit from the 70s when they kept announcing "Generalissimo Franco is still dead."

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2019 9:14 pm 
Board Emeritus

Wikipedia didn't show him as dead, or the sites that actually track celebrity deaths. However, I'm finally seeing this in reputable sources. Looks like he's finally a goner. At 96. Man, the good die young, but the others, it really does seem unfair.

So, you know my rule, no matter their essence, I won't speak ill of the recently dead. For a few days, anyway. Maybe his cat loved him. (I refuse to revisit the whole nontroversy over whether I did so with regard to a former sports talk announcer. No further words here.)

I feel no compunction to spare his followers, the Larouchites. They are a bunch of moronic anti-Semitic assholes and conspiracy nuts, and they can go fuck themselves.

There. I feel better now.

I started to post it yesterday, here, but got confused and wasnt sure so didnt

he was a real prick and so were his idiot followers

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2019 9:29 pm 
Board Emeritus

If you know anything about Larouchism, one of the things his nuts constantly claimed is that the Queen of England is the world's most evil drug dealer.

Somebody I think posted this pic earlier today, but I'll add the caption they added.

"The Queen finally takes down her nemesis, Lyndon Larouche" :rw) :lol: :rw)

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2019 1:51 am 
Policy Wonk

Wikipedia has now caught up on Larouche's death.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2019 2:00 pm 
Board Emeritus

Community 1 Gentrification 0

Amazon Pulls Out of Planned New York City Headquarters

Amazon on Thursday canceled its plans to build an expansive corporate campus in New York City after facing an unexpectedly fierce backlash from some lawmakers and unions, who contended that a tech giant did not deserve nearly $3 billion in government incentives.

The company, as part of its extensive search for a new headquarters, had chosen Long Island City, Queens, as one of two winning sites, saying that it would create more than 25,000 jobs in the city.

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/02/14/nyre ... ueens.html

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2019 2:09 pm 
Board Emeritus

BREXIT LIVE: Theresa May suffers HUMILIATING defeat in Commons - Brexiteers REVOLT

THERESA May has been defeated again as her Brexit strategy faces another setback after the influential group of Tory eurosceptics that make up the ERG failed to back her.

The Prime Minister's main motion asking Parliament to support her in going back to the EU to seek renegotiations on the backstop was voted down by a majority of 45. About 30 members of the ERG decided to abstain from the vote.

https://www.express.co.uk/news/politics ... dum-brexit

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2019 11:10 pm 
Board Emeritus

GOP aide leaves job after Twitter flap about Colin Kaepernick and black history

MADISON - A legislative aide left his Capitol job this week after his boss expressed anger over him using her Twitter account to criticize Colin Kaepernick during a tense floor debate about Black History Month.

As lawmakers argued about whether to recognize the National Football League quarterback on Tuesday, Rep. Barbara Dittrich's Twitter account weighed in on the issue.

https://www.jsonline.com/story/news/pol ... 873917002/

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2019 12:16 am 
Board Emeritus

Suspects Arrested In Jussie Smollett Case

CHICAGO (CBS) — Two brothers being questioned in the Jussie Smollett case are now under arrest, police said.

The men–Obabinjo Osundairo and Abimbola Osundairo–were arrested Friday in connection with an alleged attack on Empire actor Jussie Smollett. The men were identified by their attorney, Gloria Schmidt.

https://chicago.cbslocal.com/2019/02/15 ... lett-case/

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2019 10:25 pm 
Board Emeritus

Heather Nauert, President Trump's choice for UN ambassador job, withdraws in surprise move

WASHINGTON – Heather Nauert, President Donald Trump's pick to be the U.S. ambassador to the United Nations, withdrew her name from consideration on Saturday amid concerns about her qualifications for the high-profile post.

Nauert, a former Fox News host who now serves as the State Department's spokesperson, cited the strain on her family in announcing her decision.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/201 ... 894857002/

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2019 11:42 am 
Board Emeritus

The corruption is catching up to him fine by me.

Netanyahu gives up role as Israel's foreign minister

JERUSALEM (Reuters) - Israel’s Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu on Sunday handed over his role as foreign minister to intelligence minister Israel Katz, giving up the portfolio he has held since 2015.

Netanyahu’s decision to appoint Katz as acting foreign minister came after an advocacy group, the Movement for Quality Government, went to court to press the prime minister to stop serving as foreign minister as well.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-isra ... SKCN1Q60G0

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2019 3:43 pm 
Board Emeritus

Payless Shoes is closing all of it's stores.

Quote:
Payless is the latest retail chain to close up shop in the United States.

The discount shoe store will close all 2,100 of its locations in the United States and Puerto Rico in the coming months, a spokesperson told CNN Business on Friday. Liquidation sales will begin on Sunday and stores will begin closing in March, though most will say open until May.

Payless also plans to shut down its online store. The company could file for bankruptcy for a second time by the end of the month, according to reports.

CNN

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2019 11:21 pm 
Board Emeritus

Rod Rosenstein will resign the Justice Department in mid-march

Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein will leave the Justice Department in mid-March according to Reuters and CNN.

Rosenstein has been overseeing special counsel Robert Mueller’s investigation while Attorney General Jeff Sessions was recused.

https://www.rawstory.com/2019/02/rod-ro ... ifications

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2019 5:53 pm 
Board Emeritus

Arrested Coast Guard lieutenant was a white supremacist terrorist with a hit list of top Democratic officials and media figures: prosecutors

Federal prosecutors alleged Wednesday that Lt. Christopher Hasson, a member of the Coast Guard arrested last week on drug and gun charges, was, in fact, a terrorist with a long list of major Democratic politicians and media personalities from MSNBC and CNN that he wanted to target.

“The defendant is a domestic terrorist bent on committing acts dangerous to human life,” prosecutors said in new court filing.

https://www.alternet.org/2019/02/arrest ... ifications

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2019 6:51 pm 
Board Emeritus

If you know anything about Larouchism, one of the things his nuts constantly claimed is that the Queen of England is the world's most evil drug dealer.

Somebody I think posted this pic earlier today, but I'll add the caption they added.

"The Queen finally takes down her nemesis, Lyndon Larouche" :rw) :lol: :rw)

Visions of Helen Mirren with the tripod mounted machine gun in “RED”.

"No one is so foolish as to choose war over peace. In peace sons bury their fathers, in war fathers bury their sons." - Herodotus

The new motto of the USA: Unum de multis. Out of one, many.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2019 6:53 pm 
Board Emeritus

Heather Nauert, President Trump's choice for UN ambassador job, withdraws in surprise move

WASHINGTON – Heather Nauert, President Donald Trump's pick to be the U.S. ambassador to the United Nations, withdrew her name from consideration on Saturday amid concerns about her qualifications for the high-profile post.

Nauert, a former Fox News host who now serves as the State Department's spokesperson, cited the strain on her family in announcing her decision.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/201 ... 894857002/

More like her credibility was strained.

"No one is so foolish as to choose war over peace. In peace sons bury their fathers, in war fathers bury their sons." - Herodotus

The new motto of the USA: Unum de multis. Out of one, many.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2019 11:53 pm 
Board Emeritus

Russia bans smartphones for soldiers

Russia's parliament has voted to ban soldiers from using smartphones while on duty, after their social media use raised issues of national security.

The bill forbids military personnel from using a phone with the ability to take pictures, record videos and access the internet.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/ru ... smsnnews11

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2019 2:33 pm 
Board Emeritus

Florida mayor shoots at SWAT team while being arrested for dealing drugs: ‘He’s lucky he isn’t dead’

A Florida mayor charged with illegally practicing medicine shot at police when they came to arrest him early Thursday morning.

The Tampa Bay Times reported that Port Richey Mayor Dale Massad was being served a warrant by a SWAT team at his home around 4:40 AM on Thursday when two shots were fired from within the house. Officers, the report noted, did not return fire.

https://www.rawstory.com/2019/02/florid ... ifications

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2019 4:12 pm 
Board Emeritus

City Councilman Adam McFadden charged with money laundering, fraud

Rochester, N.Y. -- (WHAM) - Rochester City Councilman Adam McFadden is facing several charges relating to his brief tenure as head of the Rochester Housing Authority.

U.S. Attorney James Kennedy announced the charges Friday morning after McFadden was arraigned in federal court.

https://13wham.com/news/local/city-coun ... ring-fraud

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2019 8:56 pm 
Board Emeritus

A state judge just threw out two constitutional amendments because the GOP legislature was ‘illegally constituted’

On Friday, Wake County Superior Court Judge Bryan Collins struck down two of the state constitutional amendments passed by North Carolina voters last November. But the reason he gave for his decision was remarkable: in his view, the state legislature is so gerrymandered as to be an illegitimate body that doesn’t really represent voters, and thus had no authority to alter the state constitution.

“An illegally constituted General Assembly does not represent the people of North Carolina and is therefore not empowered to pass legislation that would amend the state’s constitution,” wrote Collins.

https://www.alternet.org/2019/02/a-stat ... ifications

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2019 9:36 pm 
Board Emeritus

Remember Goodloe Sutton, the editor of a small Alabama paper who wrote an editorial saying it was time for the KKK to ride again. He's resigned and an African-American, local woman Elecia Dexter, became its publisher and editor.

Quote:
The still-not-sorry editor and publisher of an Alabama county newspaper has resigned and turned over control of his publication to a black woman following outrage over his editorial calling for the “Ku Klux Klan to night ride again.”

Goodloe Sutton told the Montgomery Advertiser on Friday that the Democrat-Reporter now has a new “publisher, owner and editor.” He refused to explain whether he had sold the publication in Linden, in western Alabama, or simply turned over control, calling the reporter “dumb” for asking, according to the Advertiser.

He told the Auburn Plainsman on Friday: “I can drink beer and chase women now. They can’t run too fast, or I can’t catch them.”

A news release from the Democrat-Reporter announced that local woman Elecia Dexter became publisher and editor on Thursday. Dexter is African-American and has worked at the newspaper for several years, according to the Plainsman. Dexter told The Associated Press that, although she will run the 3,000-circulation newspaper, Sutton will continue to own it.
HuffPost

Hey Sutton, the laundry called and said your white sheets are ready for pickup.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2019 9:59 am 
Board Emeritus

MTA: OMNY will be phased in to replace MetroCards in New York City

NEW YORK CITY (WABC) -- The MTA announced its new transit payment system will be named OMNY -- which is short for One Metro New York.

On May 1, OMNY will be phased in as a replacement to MetroCards for 16 stations of the 4, 5 and 6 subway lines.

https://abc7ny.com/traffic/mta-omny-wil ... c/5152992/

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2019 3:05 pm 
Board Emeritus

Facebook has banned prominent far-right activist Tommy Robinson for spreading Islamophobia

Facebook announced on Tuesday that it has banned British far-right activist Tommy Robinson, deleting both his official Facebook and Instagram profiles.

In a blog confirming an earlier story in The Guardian, Facebook said it banned Robinson — real name is Stephen Yaxley-Lennon— over his anti-Muslim rhetoric. It follows him being barred from Twitter in March 2018.

https://www.aol.com/article/news/2019/0 ... /23678506/

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1599 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48 ... 64  Next