Four men beat gay couple for holding hands after Pride. They got off with no jail time.

News and events of the day
Libertas

Four men beat gay couple for holding hands after Pride. They got off with no jail time.

Post by Libertas »

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crime/fo ... 69b1efbaa0

Four men in Florida were sentenced to probation and community service for the vicious 2018 beating of a gay couple at a Pride event because the couple was holding hands.

The attack on Rene Chalarca and Dimitri Logonov made national headlines at the time, taking place as the two were leaving a restroom in Lumus Park after Miami Beach’s Pride parade. The brutal attack was caught on security video.

“They start to hit us, like beating us, hard,” said Chalarca.

“It was, like, instant. I got hit, and they knocked me out,” said Logunov, who said that the attackers called him a “fa***t” in Spanish. “We probably provoked them because we were walking together, holding hands. It was gay pride, South Beach was full of gay people.”

Chalarca and Logonov were hospitalized.
Of course, no jail time.
I sigh in your general direction.
carmenjonze

Re: Four men beat gay couple for holding hands after Pride. They got off with no jail time.

Post by carmenjonze »

Gay panic defense is still legal in Florida.

Not even safe in our own establishments.

The way to right wrongs is to
Shine the light of truth on them.

~ Ida B. Wells

Re: Four men beat gay couple for holding hands after Pride. They got off with no jail time.

Post by Libertas »

carmenjonze wrote: Sun Nov 27, 2022 3:25 pm Gay panic defense is still legal in Florida.

Not even safe in our own establishments.
Imagine a group of Transgender and Gay folks beating the hell out of some heteros for being hetero.
I sigh in your general direction.
carmenjonze

Post by carmenjonze »

Libertas wrote: Sun Nov 27, 2022 5:07 pm Imagine a group of Transgender and Gay folks beating the hell out of some heteros for being hetero.
Or LGBTQs hanging out in the parking lot of THEIR bars and THEIR churches and screaming at them at everyone's library.

Supremacy is a violent drug.

The way to right wrongs is to
Shine the light of truth on them.

~ Ida B. Wells