It is currently Sun Dec 15, 2019 12:32 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2019 11:40 am 
Board Emeritus

https://losangeles.cbslocal.com/2019/10 ... mi-valley/

Quote:
407-Acre Brush Fire Erupts Near Reagan Library In Simi Valley, Thousands Ordered To Evacuate

During a recent FB watch party of the fire people update I mentioned CC and several people assured me had nothing to do with any of this. sigh

New normal here is unacceptable, spent my life getting here, now I guess CA is unsafe to live in thanks to rump and other vile filth who deny CC.

fuckers

My neighbor said maybe we should rake the leaves like trump said ( mocking the ass )...nice to know I have at least one neighbor who isnt an idiot.

Quote:
The Reagan library, the largest presidential library in the nation, and everything around it had been evacuated as of 7:45 a.m.

“We’ve evacuated everybody from the library and all the structures down below,” Arnold said.

The 23 Freeway was shut down between Avenida de los Arboles and Los Angeles Ave.

Watch these HORSES run for their lives and people try and protect them.

THANK YOU climate change deniers this is YOUR FAULT!

iF THERE WAS A HELL rump should burn there forever

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2019 12:37 pm 
Board Emeritus

You can watch this live, the winds are insane.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2019 1:22 pm 
Board Emeritus

The first time I ever heard of Simi Valley was when I read the Ed Sanders book, "The Family", the most horrifying and detailed document on the Manson Family. And there was a section that featured one of the family members, Sherry Cooper who Charlie renamed "Simi Valley Sherry." So it ruined it for me. Whenever Simi Valley shows up in the news or on TV, all I can think of is Simi Valley Sherry.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2019 1:43 pm 
Board Emeritus

Now JURUPA VALLEY on fire also

Due to climate change DENIERS people will die. My family might at some point suffer a loss. Anybody here can.

CC deniers are no good fucking pieces of shit.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2019 7:05 pm 
Board Emeritus

Simi Valley and the Ray Gun Library serve each other right. I mean, look at the damn place. Would you live there? It's Desolation Row, with all the cookie-cutter tract houses right up against each other, and no vegetation save grass and the occasional scraggly oak tree. It's popular with cops. Everybody's a Republican. Besides, the weather sucks 99% of the time.

Depressing even thinking about it.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2019 9:42 pm 
Board Emeritus

I certainly do not want any people or animals hurt but if the Reagan Library went up in flames it wouldn’t bother me at all.

"No one is so foolish as to choose war over peace. In peace sons bury their fathers, in war fathers bury their sons." - Herodotus

The new motto of the USA: Unum de multis. Out of one, many.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2019 12:34 am 
Board Emeritus

Simi Valley is synonymous with the place that let those dirty gangbangers in uniform that beat the crap out of Rodney King go.

Kind of always was, really. It was the reason to move the trial there.

Personally, I don’t want anything to happen to the library of that dead segregationist. I want that documentation intact. :twisted:

Stop calling the cops on us.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2019 12:55 am 
Board Emeritus

Simi Valley and the Ray Gun Library serve each other right. I mean, look at the damn place. Would you live there? It's Desolation Row, with all the cookie-cutter tract houses right up against each other, and no vegetation save grass and the occasional scraggly oak tree. It's popular with cops. Everybody's a Republican. Besides, the weather sucks 99% of the time.

Depressing even thinking about it.

Yes it's a mirror of Jurupa Valley just with a little more history. I would say "and infamy," but Jurupa Valley (wow - it actually has a name now instead of "unincorporated area") has got some infamy of its own, namely "Stringfellow," and "the Klan".

I'm glad to see it's got a name, now. And the heartbreak of this footage of the animals and the hospital being evacuated is...even if things have changed now, it's very Jurupa Valley, what Mike Davis once somewhat unfairly labeled the Junkyard of Dreams. :(

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2019 12:58 am 
Board Emeritus

This region was under mandatory evacuation earlier today. I see now on Twitter the Hillfire is 30% contained and the evac order is lifted.

Stringfellow Acid Pits - wiki

Quote:
Situated at the base of the Jurupa Mountains in Pyrite Canyon, the 17-acre (69,000 m2) site was originally a rock quarry owned by James Stringfellow. The resulting valley seemed a perfect disposal site for toxic waste. In 1956, after a year long negotiations, and at the request of the Santa Ana Regional Water Quality Control Board (RWQCB),[1] Stringfellow opened the site for dumping toxic waste. Included in the negotiations was Stringfellow receiving assurances from a geologist who deemed the site safe for dumping. The geologic survey claimed that the solid bedrock made the valley an ideal and safe site for waste.[2]

In 1972, after it became apparent that the pits were leaking into local groundwater, RWQCB shut down the site. During the facility's 16 years of operation, more than 34 million gallons of liquid industrial waste was deposited in evaporation ponds.[3] Stringfellow claimed his company was without assets, and title to the land passed to the State of California, with oversight given to the Santa Ana River Water Quality Board. Between 1969 and 1980, bad management and bad weather resulted in several spills and intentional releases of toxic chemicals into Pyrite Creek, which flowed into storm channels running through Glen Avon.

In the early 1980s, after the passage of the Comprehensive Environmental Response, Compensation and Liability Act, or Superfund, the site came to the attention of the US Environmental Protection Agency. It was listed as the most contaminated site in California, and was one of the first sites selected for remediation under the Act.[4] The severity of the problems and a subsequent scandal related to the site made the acid pits the subject of national television coverage.[5]

Rita Lavelle, appointed director of the Superfund in 1982 by President Ronald Reagan, was convicted on federal charges of perjury related to an investigation into misuse of the United States Environmental Protection Agency's (EPA) Superfund money during her tenure with the Agency, and irregularities at the Stringfellow Acid Pits. The Lavelle incident was labeled sewergate. Anne Gorsuch Burford, mother of U.S. Supreme Court Justice Neil Gorsuch, resigned as EPA Administrator amid the controversy.

Currently the Stringfellow Site is managed by the California Department of Toxic Substances Control (DTSC). According to DTSC, the cleanup effort will take approximately 500 years.

The litigation involved with the Stringfellow site resulted in numerous lawsuits, including the United States v. Stringfellow case in federal court, the Newman v. Stringfellow personal injury case in Riverside Superior Court, and the Hendler v. United States case before the U.S. Court of Federal Claims and the U.S. Court for the Federal Circuit. The U.S. Supreme Court also decided one issue in Stringfellow v. Concerned Neighbors in Action, 480 U.S. 370 (1987). The subsequent insurance litigation lasted well into the 21st century. In total, the litigation spanned more than three decades.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2019 1:01 am 
Board Emeritus

Now JURUPA VALLEY on fire also

Due to climate change DENIERS people will die. My family might at some point suffer a loss. Anybody here can.

CC deniers are no good fucking pieces of shit.

Yes it can happen to anyone. I think I told you this but my ex's mother lost her home in one of the Northern CA fires last year. I'm still in touch with her and just checked on her...these news stories can be re-traumatizing especially if you've just lived through it.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2019 9:28 am 
Board Emeritus

withdrawn

Last edited by Ike Bana on Thu Oct 31, 2019 11:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2019 9:28 am 
Board Emeritus

...dirty gangbangers in uniform that beat the crap out of Rodney King go.

Can anybody hereabouts show me a post from the SJW where she's vilifying any dirty gangbanger saggers that shoot 12 year old schoolgirls in the head and assassinate each others kids?

And isn't this thread supposed to be about the fires? How is it about Rodney King? And speaking of Rodney King...can't we all just get along?

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2019 12:50 pm 
Board Emeritus

the SJW

Fashy epithet.

Nice try changing the subject to your favorite topic, me -- again -- but the subject is Simi Valley and what it's known for.

It's become infamous for letting four thugs with badges and guns who broke a guy's leg with one of their fancy bludgeons. And more importantly that there is a dangerous fire there.

Quote:
saggers

Euphemism.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2019 1:01 pm 
Board Emeritus

Simi Valley is synonymous with the place that let those dirty gangbangers in uniform that beat the crap out of Rodney King go.

Kind of always was, really. It was the reason to move the trial there.

Personally, I don’t want anything to happen to the library of that dead segregationist. I want that documentation intact. :twisted:

Yup, that's why they moved the trial there, because everyone's either a cop or knows one, and the results created a Kuwait like line of dark smoke plumes all the way from Redondo to Hollywood. Let's just say that there were a lot of unhappy campers on that one.

The Ray Gun library.... well, they finally got their shining city on the hill. How much damn money did their rich paleocon friends spend on that place? It's the Getty of presidential libraries, complete with an air museum. Really. With a retired AF1 and everything. Fortunately for them, it was built for fire, looks like some kind of secretive tomb site with a hangar on one end. And the 200 goats ensured that the brush stayed cleared.

The primary source material is indeed enough to make historians in 75 years wonder what the hell people were thinking.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2019 2:19 pm 
Board Emeritus

Yup, that's why they moved the trial there, because everyone's either a cop or knows one, and the results created a Kuwait like line of dark smoke plumes all the way from Redondo to Hollywood. Let's just say that there were a lot of unhappy campers on that one.

The Ray Gun library.... well, they finally got their shining city on the hill. How much damn money did their rich paleocon friends spend on that place? It's the Getty of presidential libraries, complete with an air museum. Really. With a retired AF1 and everything. Fortunately for them, it was built for fire, looks like some kind of secretive tomb site with a hangar on one end. And the 200 goats ensured that the brush stayed cleared.

The primary source material is indeed enough to make historians in 75 years wonder what the hell people were thinking.

So Zowie...does your "yup" include you not having a problem with the SJW painting every cop as "...dirty gangbangers in uniform..."? Now within a few nanoseconds, she's gonna start bleating that she never said all cops. But if she wanted to be specific about how many cops, or what percentage of cops, she would do that. But she doesn't want to do that because it feels to much better in that empty hole in her gut when she implies all cops. And when asked, and she's been asked numerous times, if she means all, some, a few, a lot, or anything a little more specific, it's dodged.

Which makes such repetitive comments about cops, conservatives, incel obsessives, or anybody else, pretty much the most disingenuous bullshit on this forum.

Last edited by Ike Bana on Thu Oct 31, 2019 2:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2019 2:26 pm 
Board Emeritus

So Zowie...does your "yup" include you not having a problem with the SJW painting every cop as "...dirty gangbangers in uniform..."? Now within a few nanoseconds, she's gonna start bleating that she never said all cops. But if she wanted to be specific about how many cops, or what percentage of cops, she would do that. But she doesn't want to do that because it feels to much better in that empty hole in her gut when she implies all cops.

I didn't "imply" anything, you're reacting instead of thinking rationally. Happens with out-of-control authoritarian males.

For your benefit, the actual quote is "Simi Valley is synonymous with the place that let those dirty gangbangers in uniform that beat the crap out of Rodney King go."

Stop hunting for things to get fashy and overdefensive about.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2019 2:28 pm 
Board Emeritus

How about you, are you staying safe/breathing ok? I was out in the Richmond last night and the air quality was pretty bad. But it's nowhere near where it was in November of last year, my god.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2019 2:33 pm 
Board Emeritus

Stop hunting for things to get fashy and overdefensive about.

How's about you restrict your ordering people around to your children?

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2019 2:35 pm 
Board Emeritus

How's about you restrict your ordering people around to your children?

Quit distorting what I say.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2019 2:36 pm 
Board Emeritus

Like I said, how's about you restrict your ordering people around to your children?

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2019 2:40 pm 
Board Emeritus

And congratulations. With this post you're the winner of Ike's Irony Rears It's Ugly Zit-covered Head Award of the month.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2019 2:43 pm 
Board Emeritus

And

RWNJ troll

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2019 2:53 pm 
Board Emeritus

Like I said, how's about you restrict your ordering people around to your children?

Stop trying to make it look like I said something I didn't. How far removed from reality do you have to be to put a distorted quote in your sig when anybody can click the link and see what I actually said?

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2019 3:58 pm 
Board Emeritus

I didn't "imply" anything, you're reacting instead of thinking rationally. Happens with out-of-control authoritarian males.

For your benefit, the actual quote is "Simi Valley is synonymous with the place that let those dirty gangbangers in uniform that beat the crap out of Rodney King go."

Bullshit. This post referencing the King beating is not the only time you have referred to cops as "gangbangers in uniform". So stop whining and acting like your posts are being distorted. "Gangbangers in uniform" is just your latest go-to synonym for police officers. And you fucking know it.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2019 4:19 pm 
Board Emeritus

"Gangbangers in uniform" is just your latest go-to synonym for police officers.

:roll: God Complex conservative white male believes he knows us better than we know ourselves, and know what we mean to say even as we say something completely different. #BOAN #MAGA

I don't need to use "synonyms" for specific instances of police brutality, cops lying, and the dozens of f'ed up cop and sheriff stories I post. Which is really what you're so enraged about that you're about to blow your top.

Oh my goodness, somebody Snowflake Bana doesn't approve of is talking about a topic that makes you angry and nervous!

FOH with that trash.

Quote:
And you fucking know it.

:lol: didn't you ever take Argument and Persuasion 101? Anytime somebody has to resort to "and you know it" shows their desperation to win.

You are trying to win something that is not winnable.

Last edited by carmenjonze on Thu Oct 31, 2019 4:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.