RadioFreeLiberal.com

Smart Voices, Be Heard
It is currently Thu Apr 09, 2020 6:55 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2020 6:22 am 
Board Emeritus

I can see this issue go on forever & i'll put it like this the wrestling moves are real & it is indeed scripted the GOP to me is so fake

If Wrestling Is Fake, So Is Politics

I’ll be honest with you guys. I did not watch the State of the Union Address on Tuesday night. Hey, I work early and it was on after my pre-determined bedtime for the evening. I didn’t even get through all of NWA Powerrr, for heaven’s sake! Knowing that getting sleep on Wednesday night was going to be impossible because of AEW/NXT/Louisville Basketball/podcasting with Larry Csonka, I decided to load up on sleep Tuesday night.

Besides, I’ve never really found the State of the Union Address to be compelling programming. People that know me know that I used to be deeper into the political scene than I am now. Even back then, the SOTU didn’t do much for me. Whether it was Bush Sr., Clinton, Bush Jr. or Obama, my opinion towards the SOTU was “Let me know what they said in the morning”. It was usually going to be a bunch of suggestions, thoughts, ideas & assorted words, most of which didn’t end up going anywhere productive.

https://411mania.com/wrestling/if-wrest ... -politics/

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2020 4:46 pm 
Board Emeritus

Wrestling moves may be real, however folding chairs do not figure into any of those real wrestling moves.

Nor does doing it in a boxing ring with all of that flying off the ropes antics.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2020 6:10 pm 
Board Emeritus

"Pro" wrestling is fake, "amateur" wrestling, which is what they actually do at the Olympics, is real. By that, I mean a real competitive sport, with real rules, which is not full of lots of trash talking and other crap mostly done for a TV audience.

Trump is big friends with the McMahons of WWE, made Linda McMahon head of the SBA, of course one of Trump's big reality gigs was on "pro" wrestling.

WWE "pro" wrestling involves a lot of fakery, trash talking, posturing, pretension, and riling up crowds. IOW, the only things reality star Trump has ever been good at.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2020 8:03 pm 
Board Emeritus

Years ago during Congressional hearings, the WWE changed it's claim that it's a sport to "sports entertainment meaning it's fake.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2020 3:50 pm 
Board Emeritus

You want the real thing, check out Mexican tag team wrestling, aka "Lucha Libre." Matches are fixed, just like what Republicans tend to want do in our elections. Unlike our elections, the players do some of the best stunt work you've seen since Westerns fell out of favor.

I was on a couple of shoots at the version in downtown LA, and it was quite the scene. They jump off the ropes and throw one another out of the ring. Lots of fake blood capsules, and they do a great job of hiding them. Old ladies in the audience scream "Matalo" (kill him). The promoter was yelling at our director, "I give you BLOOD!"

All the world's a stage...