Flynn Demand "One Nation Under God & One Religion Under God".

News and events of the day
carmenjonze

Re: Flynn Demand "One Nation Under God & One Religion Under God".

Post by carmenjonze »

Attending Michael Flynn’s call for ‘one religion,’ a who’s who of the new Christian right - RNS
You don’t come to the Rev. John Hagee’s church only to hear about the amazing grace of God. On Saturday (Nov. 13), a crowd packed the sanctuary of Cornerstone Church in San Antonio, Texas, to sing hymns to Jesus but also listen to a Who’s Who of Christian nationalists, anti-vaxxers, Trump loyalists and conspiracy theorists tell President Biden to go to hell.

While it made headlines thanks to former Trump National Security Adviser Michael Flynn urging the United States to “embrace one religion,” the three-day event and the latest stop of the “Reawaken America Tour,” was remarkable in itself for its collection of election conspiracy theorists, such as My Pillow CEO Michael J. Lindell and Flynn, alongside Alex Jones of Info Wars and anti-vaxx champion Sherri Tenpenny.

Attendance was filled out by Q-Anon true believers and pro-Trump preachers and activists, all of whom periodically filled the air with chants of “Let’s Go Brandon” — a workaround for an obscene anti-Biden chant.
John Hagee is a known antisemite propping up the biggest Zionist organization in the country, for theological reasons.
Amanda Grace of Ark of Grace Ministries, which focuses on doling out online prophecies about current events, appeared onstage in a Jewish-themed prayer shawl to blow a ritual horn known as a shofar. The instrument, made from a ram’s horn and traditionally used in Jewish worship, has become a staple of Pentecostal gatherings since being featured prominently in the Jericho March, a post-election protest held in the run-up to the Jan. 6 Capitol attack.

The way to right wrongs is to
Shine the light of truth on them.

~ Ida B. Wells

Post by carmenjonze »

sam lefthand wrote: Mon Nov 15, 2021 10:57 am You're talking about a building name, not science.
Hm, interesting, look who was the co-founder of the Sierra Club, one of your race-science heroes, John's brother Joseph Le Conte. The Sierra Club doesn't want him, anymore.

Do be sure to write them a strong letter of protest about the current scourge of woke political correctness cancel culture renaming buildings and such.

Dr. Joseph LeConte

No wonder you're so anti-immigrant.
In the 1880s and 1890s, LeConte adopted and elaborated on theories of racial inferiority that he used to rationalize the disenfranchisement and segregation of African Americans. In his writings The South Revisited (1888) and The Race Problem in the South (1892), he stated: “The South. . . . immediately before the war was completely out of sympathy with the rest of the civilized world. . . .she had only remained stationary, while the rest of the civilized world rushed on. . . .The cause of this arrest of development was, of course, the institution of slavery. Slavery had become an anomaly in the civilized world, and especially in the democratic republic like our own. …In short, southerners had not kept pace with the process of evolutionary development.” “Slavery,” according to LeConte, “is now dead. There is not a ghost of it remaining in the imagination or heart of the Southern people of today.” He went on to state that “race repulsion and race antagonism is not a wholly irrational sentiment. It is an instinct necessary for the preservation of the purity of the blood of the higher race,” [and a] “necessity at present and until some better line be drawn between the capables and the incapable.”

When LeConte’s racial theories came to light in 2015, the Sierra Club Board of Directors decided that to have a public education center named in honor of a man who promoted theories about the inferiority of nonwhite races was counter both to the Sierra Club’s values and to the need to promote inclusivity in our national parks. For that reason, the Sierra Club requested that the National Park Service rename the lodge, which is now called the “Yosemite Conservation Heritage Center.”

~ Ida B. Wells

Post by sam lefthand »

carmenjonze wrote: Tue Nov 16, 2021 10:08 pm Hm, interesting, look who was the co-founder of the Sierra Club, one of your race-science heroes, John's brother Joseph Le Conte. The Sierra Club doesn't want him, anymore.

Do be sure to write them a strong letter of protest about the current scourge of woke political correctness cancel culture renaming buildings and such.

Dr. Joseph LeConte

No wonder you're so anti-immigrant.
Not my problem.

:)

I'm not associated with the Sierra Club.
carmenjonze

Post by carmenjonze »

More Joseph Le Conte, co-founder of the Sierra Club, which has had the good sense over the past few years to take responsibility for their institutional history and legacy.

I do trust Sam Lefthand is gunna give them a piece of his mind for all their cancel culture woke political correctness!
CHAPTER IX
AFTER THE WAR

DURING the entire war we suffered somewhat for food - I hardly tasted tea, coffee, or sugar for four years - but after the burning of Columbia we were straitened indeed. For a week the negroes on our lot, some twenty in number, fed us with what they had gathered during the sack. After that for a couple of weeks provisions came in from the surrounding country, and we drew rations of beef, bacon, and cornmeal from the city. Then I went to Augusta and secured supplies from friends there, and still later a tierce of rice that belonged to the Niter and Mining Bureau was sent us from Camden.

In the matter of clothing we were no better off. We had long before been reduced to the coarse stuffs made in the Confederacy, and the ladies wore nothing but homespun. But with the taste characteristic of the sex they made their dresses so neatly and trimmed them so prettily that I have never seen more becoming gowns. As I had taken all my clothing with me when I left Columbia, I had nothing after my return but what I wore on my back and that was in rags. A benevolent society of ladies supplied me with underclothes, but for outer clothing I was compelled for a time to use the cast-off blue of Federal soldiers who had died in the hospital. My negroes were dependent on me, as were those of the Bureau, about ninety in all. I got cloth for their apparel, but as it was impossible to obtain blankets, I was obliged to cut up all my carpets to take their place and for a long time my floors remained bare.

After the war came what was worse than the war itself, the occupation by Federal troops and the humiliations necessarily attendant thereon. This, of course, we expected. But far worse was the arrival of "Treasury Agents," those vultures hovering over the rear of the army of occupation, sniffing for carrion, hunting for property to confiscate, taking accusations of any and all kinds, especially those by irresponsible blacks. Then followed the utter demoralization of all labor and the intolerable insolence of the negroes suddenly set free with all their passions
Co-founder of the Sierra Club.

PLENTY more where this came from, in this filthy WS's autobiography. He and his Confederate brother John couldn't find work anywhere else, due to being bona fide, dirty, uniformed traitors to this nation. Except for at Cal. Nice going, Cal. :problem:

~ Ida B. Wells

Post by carmenjonze »

sam lefthand wrote: Tue Nov 16, 2021 10:18 pm I'm not associated with the Sierra Club.
Never said you were, and it doesn't matter if you are or aren't personally associated with the Sierra Club.

You're quite defensive of co-founder John Muir, though, who held related racist, white-supremacist views, though.

When it's John Muir, ohhh he didn't have time or energy to spend on being a proper raceist. :lol:

They all did. And you defend it, and them.

~ Ida B. Wells

Post by sam lefthand »

carmenjonze wrote: Tue Nov 16, 2021 10:26 pm ... and it doesn't matter ...
8-)
carmenjonze

Post by carmenjonze »

Sam Lefthand thinks it's pc and woke and cancel culture for the Sierra Club to advocate taking down California monuments to its racist, white-supremacist, Confederate-soldier founders.

Here's what cofounder Joseph Le Conte, another person of his times no better than WS John Muir, sez about the south in 1889.

"Whereever the white population is in excess, so that there is no doubt about the controlling element in shaping the policy of the community, the negroes are improving in all the respect mentioned above. But wherever the negroes are largely in excess, so that the control of the superior race is lost, as, for example, in parts of Louisiana and the the coasts of Carolia and Georgia, the negroes are rapidly retrograding. Here, as in Liberia, Hayti, and wheresoever else they are withdrawn from the personal controlling influence of the white race, they are rapidly relapsing into barbarism."

Dirty Confederate.

No wonder Sam Lefthand is so callously anti-immigrant, just like the Sierra Club was as late as the '00s. :problem:
Last edited by carmenjonze on Tue Nov 16, 2021 10:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

~ Ida B. Wells

Post by carmenjonze »

sam lefthand wrote: Tue Nov 16, 2021 10:39 pm8-)
Doesn't stop your overdefensiveness of John Muir, does it.

His co-founder was every bit as white-supremacist as he was.

You, on the other hand, think you can sweep it under the rug, even as the organization itself is taking responsibility for their sh#tty, white-supremacist, eugenicist legacy.

You wallow in it like a pig in a poke and think it's funny, then wonder why only confederates pretend to respect you.

~ Ida B. Wells

Post by carmenjonze »

More Joseph Le Conte, co-founder with John Muir of the Sierra Club. For early environmentalists and conservationists, white supremacism and white-race purification was inextricably intertwined with their supposed environmentalism and conservationism.

Sam Lefthand already knows this.

It's not just the Sierra Club that acknowledges this -- it's something that has been known over the past 150 years with these freaks. But thanks to online archives and other holdings over the past 30-40 years, the environmental movement has been forced into accountability to their white-supremacist/white-nationalist past.

For environmentalist outfits like the Sierra Club, it's only been 20 or so years since John Tanton, one of the worst racists in this country, tried to do an anti-immigrant campaign using that organization. And why wouldn't he. The group had been primed for this for decades and decades and decades, since its very founding, and so has the entire movement since the outset of Theodore Roosevelt hitching his own whites-first wagon to the effort, and their personnel overlaps with eugenics boards and eugenics public policy that targeted not just nonwhites but so-called feebleminded people for elimination.

The Nazis copied these people, not the other way around.

Apparently, people like Sam Lefthand were gullible enough to fall for it, I guess. :problem:

Anyway. More Joseph Le Conte, from his stupid WS publication The South Revisited

"The effect of cross-breeding is to produce better results, and incresingly better, with increasing difference up to a maximum, beyond which the good results decline and rapidly become bad; until finally nature shuts down and forbids the bans by producing sterility where the difference is great enough to constitute species. Now the differences between the primary races and especially between the Anglo-Saxon and the negro, are far beyond the limits of good results. The results of such mixture are undoubtedly bad.

But some, even here in America, have thought that whether we like it or not, whether the result be good or bad, the problem is going to solve itself in this way. I think they are mistaken. The mixing of the two races is less today than ever before, and is becoming less and less every day. In proportion as the blacks become more self-respecting, they withdraw more and more from close association with the whites, and even, in some degree, from the mixed breeds. The mixed breeds are not increasing. The will either die out, or be absorbed into the stronger extreme races. In this regard, therefore, the color line seems to be permanent."

Co-founder of the Sierra Club. :problem:

~ Ida B. Wells

Post by carmenjonze »

For the people who believe hard science to be the messiah, well, it's definitely never been the messiah for minorities.

At best, it's been a very messy mixed bag. Emphasis on very messy.

For one, these Confederate soldier assholes like John and Joseph Le Conte, and all of hard-science academia of the time, were completely on-board with the race pseudoscience that lead to countrywide eugenics policies. They produced the scholarship for it, and led the academic institutions that peddled it to state governments.

For two, the same types barred everyone who wasn't white, Christian, and male from their lofty perches of pseudoscientific belief in their own supposed superiority. So until the 1970s and really the 1990s, those shut out at the group level never had a chance to discover or contribute much. Bacially only the whites, and of them, basically only the men.

So, there have been key moments in the histories of minoritized peoples, in which American science and its institutions have been every bit as destructive as the churches, mosques, synagogues, and temples.

~ Ida B. Wells

Post by carmenjonze »

Look at this freak.

Trump allies pressed Defense Department to help overturn election, new book says - ABC News
Michael Flynn told a DoD official that Democrats were "stealing the election."
I fully expect the cons around here to start repeating this in the course of the coming months.
In "Betrayal: The Final Act of the Trump Show," scheduled to be released today, Karl reports that former Trump national security adviser Michael Flynn and former Trump attorney Sidney Powell tried to enlist a Pentagon official to help overturn the election.

According to the book, Flynn -- who had just received an unconditional pardon from President Trump after pleading guilty in 2017 to lying to the FBI during the Russia probe -- made a frantic phone call to a senior Trump intelligence official named Ezra Cohen (sometimes referred to as Ezra Cohen-Watnick), who previously worked under Flynn at both the Defense Intelligence Agency (DIA) and the National Security Council.

"Where are you?" Flynn asked the DoD official, who said he was traveling in the Middle East.

"Flynn told him to cut his trip short and get back to the United States immediately because there were big things about to happen," according to the book. Karl writes that Flynn told Cohen, "We need you," and told the DoD official that "there was going to be an epic showdown over the election results."

Flynn, according to the book, urged Cohen that "he needed to get orders signed, that ballots needed to be seized, and that extraordinary measures needed to be taken to stop Democrats from stealing the election."

"As Flynn ranted about the election fight, [Cohen] felt his old boss sounded manic," Karl writes in the book. "He didn't sound like the same guy he had worked for."

"Sir, the election is over," Cohen told Flynn, according to the book. "It's time to move on."

Flynn, according to Karl, fired back: "You're a quitter! This is not over! Don't be a quitter!"

~ Ida B. Wells

Post by carmenjonze »

Josh Mandel
@JoshMandelOhio

Liberal Jews and radical Muslims are irrelevant to our campaign.

Evangelical Christians, Jewish conservatives and devout Catholics are our army.

https://twitter.com/JoshMandelOhio/stat ... 3087356938

One need not be a WASP, or even Christian, to be a white-conservative fascist.

~ Ida B. Wells

Post by carmenjonze »

First this...

Josh Mandel
@JoshMandelOhio

Trans-coverup + Wokeness + Soros funding =

Daughters getting raped in schools.

We must join together to stop this madness so these tragedies never happen again.

https://twitter.com/JoshMandelOhio/stat ... 7673533441

Then this...

Josh Mandel
@JoshMandelOhio

The Democrat party is the epicenter of antisemitism in America.

https://twitter.com/JoshMandelOhio/stat ... 1608339459

:?

~ Ida B. Wells

Post by gounion »

sam lefthand wrote: Mon Nov 15, 2021 11:18 am I'm not as judgmental as you.

:D

And I'm very happy about that.
What bullshit. You're one of the most judgemental people here. Would a non-judgemental people write a post like this? Of course not.

This thread proves that Carmen doesn't troll. While you post cartoons and non-sequiturs and rarely actually debate, Carmen overwhelms you with history and facts. Which is usually about the time you run away from the thread altogether.
sam lefthand

Post by sam lefthand »

gounion wrote: Thu Nov 18, 2021 8:18 am What bullshit. You're one of the most judgemental people here. Would a non-judgemental people write a post like this? Of course not.

This thread proves that Carmen doesn't troll. While you post cartoons and non-sequiturs and rarely actually debate, Carmen overwhelms you with history and facts. Which is usually about the time you run away from the thread altogether.
You are amoung the least important persons in my life.

:|
gounion

Post by gounion »

sam lefthand wrote: Thu Nov 18, 2021 8:37 am You are amoung the least important persons in my life.

Thank you for proving my point that you can't do anything but troll.

And Sam, do you think that'll hurt my feelings? Really? Why would you thank that?
carmenjonze

Post by carmenjonze »

gounion wrote: Thu Nov 18, 2021 8:18 amWould a non-judgemental people write a post like this?
Lol Sam Lefthand sez:
Carmen is an out and out race troll.
Hm, well thats interesting because last I checked *looks over notes* it's not me tacking pics of Stepin Fetchit to replies to the Black person. Nor is it me who responds to a list of differences between "racists" in the US and "socialists" in the US with "liberals hate America," that's Sam Lefthand's buddy.

It's also not me who frets about offending the delicate sensibilities of GOP people with words like "snowflake," considering the epithets his rightwing friends reserve for us. Nor is it me who thinks unifying and being civil to the WNs and Confederate flagwavers trying to re-conquer this country is somehow going to affect their destructive behavior.

He calls me "an out and out race troll" in the same manner that Glennfs refers to me as "an African American racist." He does this in a thread about this WN teen who murdered two people, and is about to walk thanks to a literally-racist judge.

Both terms make a mockery of the effects of actual racism on actual people, for example, my parents, grandparents, and all the generations that came before me. Both terms are euphemisms that express frustration that they simply don't have rational counterarguments to historical facts. So they cry racism.

~ Ida B. Wells

Post by gounion »

carmenjonze wrote: Thu Nov 18, 2021 9:46 am Lol Sam Lefthand sez:

Hm, well thats interesting because last I checked *looks over notes* it's not me tacking pics of Stepin Fetchit to replies to the Black person. Nor is it me who responds to a list of differences between "racists" in the US and "socialists" in the US with "liberals hate America," that's Sam Lefthand's buddy.

It's also not me who frets about offending the delicate sensibilities of GOP people with words like "snowflake," considering the epithets his rightwing friends reserve for us. Nor is it me who thinks unifying and being civil to the WNs and Confederate flagwavers trying to re-conquer this country is somehow going to affect their destructive behavior.

He calls me "an out and out race troll" in the same manner that Glennfs refers to me as "an African American racist." He does this in a thread about this WN teen who murdered two people, and is about to walk thanks to a literally-racist judge.

Both terms make a mockery of the effects of actual racism on actual people, for example, my parents, grandparents, and all the generations that came before me. Both terms are euphemisms that express frustration that they simply don't have rational counterarguments to historical facts. So they cry racism.
I think you make both of them feel inadequate, because neither of them can rebut what you say. So any argument from either of them is against the straw man they set up of the vicious anti-white Carmen who is the equivilant to a Klan member. But the big difference there is that they are part of the anti-black power structure that has ALWAYS ruled America, and still does, even as we had a black President.

I remember the vicious attacks Obama got by having a Poetry Slam at the White House, where black artists were invited. Or when a black man was arrested for breaking into his own, house, Obama showed support to him.

The racist GOP was OUTRAGED when Obama treated black people as if they deserved respect. And on it goes...
ZoWie

Post by ZoWie »

Carmen cites history. That old cliche about what happens to those ignorant of history, namely that they are doomed to repeat it forever with the same bad results, has quite a bit of truth to it. People need to know how vicious the creation of the present system was for those less well positioned to take advantage of it. We'd also be better off were we to become aware of the resulting destruction of what had been a fairly well balanced and functioning environment.

Some countries have "truth and reconciliation" programs to create awareness of wrongs while not punishing those currently alive for the sins of their dead ancestors. It's not my place to say whether something like this would work here, but we do need something more than what we have now. The current situation feels like the aggressive pursuit of denial on one side, and an ever more traumatic struggle for acceptance on the other. Houses thus divided do not stand.
"We must remember that we cannot abandon the truth and remain a free nation." --Liz Cheney, Republican, 7/21/22
carmenjonze

Post by carmenjonze »

ZoWie wrote: Thu Nov 18, 2021 12:33 pm Carmen cites history. That old cliche about what happens to those ignorant of history, namely that they are doomed to repeat it forever with the same bad results, has quite a bit of truth to it. People need to know how vicious the creation of the present system was for those less well positioned to take advantage of it. We'd also be better off were we to become aware of the resulting destruction of what had been a fairly well balanced and functioning environment.

Some countries have "truth and reconciliation" programs to create awareness of wrongs while not punishing those currently alive for the sins of their dead ancestors. It's not my place to say whether something like this would work here, but we do need something more than what we have now. The current situation feels like the aggressive pursuit of denial on one side, and an ever more traumatic struggle for acceptance on the other. Houses thus divided do not stand.
Thanks, Zowie. IMO. the only real benefit of truth and reconciliation efforts is kind of like impeachment last year, or the Jan 6 commission now. A big part of it is accountability for oppressors, criminals, and their helpers. Another important one is simply reading into the record what was done, so that there’s at least some kind of formal record.

A lot of people here know one of my all time favorite sites next to archive.org is the Mississippi Sovereinty Commission archives. Very difficult site to navigate, and without permanent links. But my god you can see everything they did, all the checks they wrote to informants, all clippings of planted propaganda stories written with the FBI and planted in US newspapers, every radio show they produced and sent out to radio stations across the country.

And they wanted this stuff BURIED into perpetuity as soon as they had to finally shut down in 1977. The AXLU had to sue to open the records and that was the beginning of the idea to make them public, which eventually included this website.

Point is, this is only one example of the scope and extreme extent conservatives went to to preserve formal white supremacy as the law. Like, a drop in the bucket. I agree totally that people benefit from knowing how vicious these systems were because it helps explain how vicious today’s versions are. It’s not like these people or these conditions suddenly just dropped out of the sky into the tea party and current GQP.

~ Ida B. Wells

Post by carmenjonze »

gounion wrote: Thu Nov 18, 2021 11:03 am I think you make both of them feel inadequate, because neither of them can rebut what you say. So any argument from either of them is against the straw man they set up of the vicious anti-white Carmen who is the equivilant to a Klan member. But the big difference there is that they are part of the anti-black power structure that has ALWAYS ruled America, and still does, even as we had a black President.

I remember the vicious attacks Obama got by having a Poetry Slam at the White House, where black artists were invited. Or when a black man was arrested for breaking into his own, house, Obama showed support to him.

The racist GOP was OUTRAGED when Obama treated black people as if they deserved respect. And on it goes...
Thanks, GoU. I think that sometimes people forget what being “first Black” this or “first South Asian” that or "first Jewish" or etc. really just means, is that for centuries those groups have been excluded on purpose from whatever it is these “firsts” are first in.

So that includes the A-listers like Obama, Harris, etc and others of us who, like them, have been doing the same thing our entire lives. And usually, like Dr. Rachel Levine at HHS, are multiple “firsts” at any given time.

All this to say, we get the the force of the backlash and the violent pushback, just on a small scale. And also know these blowhards have the egos of a bell pepper. Puffed up for show, but not a lot inside. Doesn’t take much for their inadequacy issues to get triggered, js. :)
Last edited by carmenjonze on Thu Nov 18, 2021 4:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

~ Ida B. Wells

Post by carmenjonze »

ZoWie wrote: Thu Nov 18, 2021 12:33 pm Carmen cites history. That old cliche about what happens to those ignorant of history, namely that they are doomed to repeat it forever with the same bad results, has quite a bit of truth to it.
You know, this is not something I've thought about this plainly before, until your comment. Even though I've said things like it, many many many times.

A repeat of this history is what these people want. They want it to repeat, that's what MAGA is about, that's what the tea party taking back America is about, it's what traditionalism is about.

~ Ida B. Wells

Post by carmenjonze »

MLK white moderate-ism, Manchinism, and Blue Doggery are just efforts to try and retain as much unlearned history as possible and still think of themselves as moral persons, even though they're just as amoral as any con.

They are why the Trumps, the Flynns, the QAnons, the Bannons, thrive.

And: something else Zowie said reminds me of this. The history-repeaters and status-quo maintaining "moderates" are never the people in the crosshairs of the Trumps, Flynns, QAnons, Bannons, tea parties, ICE, CBP, bad-apple cops, etc., either.

So, they can afford the self-delusion that their cowaridice in being so-called moderate in a time of violent fascist insurgency is somehow being objective, neutral, and above it all.

~ Ida B. Wells

Post by carmenjonze »

One need not be white to be a white-supremacist, Evangelical fascist.

Pastor Mark Burns has a very long history of this, having been a discredited Trump surrogate in the 2020 elections.

This is the type of Black person Glennfs would vote for in South Carolina. Mark Burns is exactly the type of Black person conservative whites like Glennfs use as a stick to beat the 92% of us who in their opinion are -- ironically -- plantation slaves because we don't vote for Republican xenophobia and social paranoia.

Right Wing Watch
@RightWingWatch

MAGA pastor Mark Burns, who is running for Congress in South Carolina, says that "this is a Christian nation and any policy that is contrary to the word of God, we need to remove it from mainstream America and make it illegal."

[VIDEO]

https://twitter.com/RightWingWatch/stat ... 3355799553

~ Ida B. Wells

Post by sam lefthand »

carmenjonze wrote: Thu Nov 18, 2021 7:15 pm
This is the type of Black person Glennfs would vote for in South Carolina. Mark Burns is exactly the type of Black person conservative whites like Glennfs use as a stick to beat the 92% of us who in their opinion are -- ironically -- plantation slaves because we don't vote for Republican xenophobia and social paranoia.
That's a call out.

:ignore: