Docs found in Biden office

News and events of the day
JoeMemphis

Re: Docs found in Biden office

Post by JoeMemphis »

ZoWie wrote: Thu Jan 26, 2023 11:41 am Agreed that it's all the same until you remember that drumpf wouldn't give up his stash and the FBI had to forcibly execute a warrant and take it. Also, for those who care, drumpf's stash was more than just a few papers, more like a commercial quantity.
There are other considerations. Some of these materials could be argued to be “over classified”. IOW don’t compromise on going operations or sources and uses. We won’t know until an analysis has been done.

I do agree with others that we need a better system to both classify and track these documents. IMO no one, not even the President, should have the ability to declassify materials without going thru a process that includes a review of the materials for sources and uses. Further, a more thorough search should be done upon leaving office to insure this kind of thing doesn’t happen again.
ZoWie

Re: Docs found in Biden office

Post by ZoWie »

Agreed that the handling of sensitive documents obviously has some problems.

I do think that a lot of stuff gets classified out of an abundance of caution, though there are people on this board who understand that system a lot better than I do. My experience has been that we are quick to classify sensitive information such as radio frequencies, when anyone with a $100 scanner they bought on Amazon from an importer you never heard of can gain this information just by turning the thing on and listening long enough.
"We must remember that we cannot abandon the truth and remain a free nation." --Liz Cheney, Republican, 7/21/22