The fix is in, Rittenhouse case...

News and events of the day
bradman

Re: The fix is in, Rittenhouse case...

Post by bradman »

Bludogdem wrote: Sun Nov 21, 2021 3:37 pm Rosenbaum was just plain unstable. It was obvious from the videos. Even Rittenhouse could see it and he ran away fro Rosenbaum.
True, but for one thing, Take away the callow kid and none of it happens. Someone should be held responsible for that.
I am not a member of any organized political party. I am a Democrat. [Will Rogers]
carmenjonze

Post by carmenjonze »

bradman wrote: Sun Nov 21, 2021 11:35 pm True, but for one thing, Take away the callow kid and none of it happens. Someone should be held responsible for that.
When have conservative whites ever been held responsible for killing nigger-lovers?

The way to right wrongs is to
Shine the light of truth on them.

~ Ida B. Wells

Post by sam lefthand »

carmenjonze wrote: Sun Nov 21, 2021 11:41 pm When have conservative whites ever been held responsible for killing nigger-lovers?
April 12, 1861 to April 9, 1865, the Civil War.

:|
carmenjonze

Post by carmenjonze »

sam lefthand wrote: Sun Nov 21, 2021 11:47 pm April 12, 1861 to April 9, 1865, the Civil War.

:|
Lmao when were they ever held responsible for the Civil War?
Last edited by carmenjonze on Mon Nov 22, 2021 12:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

~ Ida B. Wells

Post by carmenjonze »

bradman wrote: Sun Nov 21, 2021 11:35 pm True, but for one thing, Take away the callow kid and none of it happens. Someone should be held responsible for that.
Fact check: Police gave Kyle Rittenhouse water and thanked him before shooting - USA Today
He was able to leave the scene even though, as caught on video, he walked toward police with his hands up as protesters yelled that he had shot people.

The relationship between Rittenhouse and police has drawn particular scrutiny in the wake of video interactions captured earlier in the night.
About 90 minutes into the livestream at 11:30 p.m. — 15 minutes before the fatal shooting — the following exchange with police occurs as Rittenhouse and another armed man walk outside a business.

Police officer (over a loudspeaker): “You need water? Seriously. (unintelligible) You need water?”

Rittenhouse, raising his arm and walking toward the police vehicle: “We need water.”

Police officer: “We’ll throw you one.”

Rittenhouse then walks out into the street amid several police vehicles, holding his hand in the air for a water bottle. An officer surfaces from a hatch at the top of the police vehicle and tosses a water bottle to a person located just out of the camera’s view, where Rittenhouse would likely be standing based on the preceding footage.

Police officer: “We got a couple. We’ve got to save a couple, but we’ll give you a couple. We appreciate you guys, we really do.”

A police officer on a loudspeaker then directs orders, apparently to another group.

Police officer: “You’re going to have to get out of there. This is the last warning. You’re going to have to move south or you’re going to have to get out of this block. This is the last warning. You will disperse.”

Kenosha County Sheriff David Beth said in an Aug. 28 news conference that the armored vehicle shown in the video is one of 19 being used in the area but wasn’t from his department. He noted people have a Second Amendment right to bear arms to protect “their property,” but local authorities had not asked them to come.

It is unclear from the video which law enforcement agency the vehicle belonged to.

“The comments that whoever was in that armored vehicle said, that does not reflect what we here in Kenosha are asking for,” Beth said.

Beth had initially responded to the incident, on Aug. 26, by saying police in Kenosha “would toss a water to anybody.”

Our ruling: True
We rate this claim TRUE.

~ Ida B. Wells

Post by JoeMemphis »

Rittenhouse was held responsible. That’s what trials are all about.

I will agree with you that Rittenhouse was immature, irresponsible and should not have been there walking around with an AR. Personally, I don’t think anyone other than law enforcement should be able to walk the streets those types of weapons. But that’s the law in WI. It’s stupid IMO but it’s the law. So maybe the WI state government is responsible.

I also think that losing control of the streets where what starts as a peaceful protest turns into a riot invites trouble. So maybe local government and law enforcement is responsible.

This was more than just Rittenhouse and those three guys. The problem is bigger than that. Until we address crime, violence, and law enforcement, people are going to buy weapons and ammo. People are going to protect themselves. And in the absence of law enforcement, in that vacuum, bad things are bound to happen.
carmenjonze

Post by carmenjonze »

JoeMemphis wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 12:03 am Rittenhouse was held responsible. That’s what trials are all about.

I will agree with you that Rittenhouse was immature, irresponsible and should not have been there walking around with an AR. Personally, I don’t think anyone other than law enforcement should be able to walk the streets those types of weapons. But that’s the law in WI. It’s stupid IMO but it’s the law. So maybe the WI state government is responsible.

I also think that losing control of the streets where what starts as a peaceful protest turns into a riot invites trouble. So maybe local government and law enforcement is responsible.

This was more than just Rittenhouse and those three guys. The problem is bigger than that. Until we address crime, violence, and law enforcement, people are going to buy weapons and ammo. People are going to protect themselves.
J.W. Milliam and Roy Bryant were held responsible, by this standard.

But then, your standards are confederate standards.

So, it makes sense.
And in the absence of law enforcement, in that vacuum, bad things are bound to happen.
Law enforcement gave this person water and sent him on his way. Confederate law is lawless. It was in operation in Kenosha that night. And that, indeed, is not in a vacuum, either.

~ Ida B. Wells

Post by gounion »

JoeMemphis wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 12:03 am Rittenhouse was held responsible. That’s what trials are all about.

This was more than just Rittenhouse and those three guys. The problem is bigger than that. Until we address crime, violence, and law enforcement, people are going to buy weapons and ammo. People are going to protect themselves. And in the absence of law enforcement, in that vacuum, bad things are bound to happen.
It's the GOP making these laws, not the Dems. This is the world YOU vote for.
JoeMemphis

Post by JoeMemphis »

gounion wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 12:23 am It's the GOP making these laws, not the Dems. This is the world YOU vote for.
The GOP as far as I know don’t support defunding law enforcement in any shape form or fashion. But to your point, I vote in TN. Not WI. In WI, the Gov at the time of the shooting is a Democrat and the Mayor of Kenosha is a Democrat. Those folks had more to do with the reaction of law enforcement than JoeMemphis or anyone I voted for. So really all that shit about who I vote for is irrelevant. It’s about who the citizens of WI vote for. It looks like they put folks from your team in charge. Perhaps you could ask them how they lost control of the streets for 3 days.
carmenjonze

Post by carmenjonze »

JoeMemphis wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 1:12 am The GOP as far as I know don’t support defunding law enforcement in any shape form or fashion.
Irrelevant.
So really all that shit about who I vote for is irrelevant.
Well, you vote for xenophobic fascists and expect the cops to enforce it, just like they did Tennessee segregationism, for example.

And why shouldn't you? That is basically what they are there for.

~ Ida B. Wells

Post by carmenjonze »

Rotfl

'I'm not a racist person': Rittenhouse says he supports BLM movement and his case never had anything to do with race - Yahoo News/Insider

Well, I sure hope he significantly steps up his security, then.

:problem:

~ Ida B. Wells

Post by ProfX »

... there's also the matter of law enforcement, who instead of asking him to leave the area ... their commander didn't seem to feel vigilantes were helping the situation, but the guys who gave them water and encouraged him ... oh and who let him leave even while people were shouting he had shot people ....

Like Joe, I blame law enforcement, too, but for a completely different reason. I guess some people won't feel law and order is restored until massive tear gas is sprayed over the area and everyone driven out. I watched that happen in Miami in 2004 with protests downtown. The WI authorities had 250 national guard on the streets. I don't think they were allowing anarchy to prevail. I also will add while I will not dispute looting and destruction was going on that night, the police chief noted it was being done by people not from Kenosha, who were not protesters. Saying the protest had turned into a riot is not, IMHO, accurate, and the three people shot by Rittenhouse were protesters, who had come there to protest. Grosskreutz had come there to act a a medic - oh and BTW had actually brought a medic kit.

Fact: he gunned down three people there who up until their confrontations, were there to exercise their 1st amendment rights. Maybe Rosenbaum was pushing a flaming dumpster. I don't see that he set it on fire. Maybe there was an illegal meeting with a fiancee under a restraining order beforehand. Other than that, none of them were committing crimes that night,
"Don't believe every quote attributed to people on the Internet" -- Abraham Lincoln :D
gounion

Post by gounion »

JoeMemphis wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 1:12 am The GOP as far as I know don’t support defunding law enforcement in any shape form or fashion. But to your point, I vote in TN. Not WI. In WI, the Gov at the time of the shooting is a Democrat and the Mayor of Kenosha is a Democrat. Those folks had more to do with the reaction of law enforcement than JoeMemphis or anyone I voted for. So really all that shit about who I vote for is irrelevant. It’s about who the citizens of WI vote for. It looks like they put folks from your team in charge. Perhaps you could ask them how they lost control of the streets for 3 days.
Oh, so it was democrats that told the cops to let 17-year-old boys run around with AR-15s, and tell them they were happy he was here? Bullshit.

And Tennessee is a state where the gun laws are worse than Wisconsin. People YOU have voted for for decades.

I'll tell you how they lost control. Because blacks are being indiscriminately murdered by cops and no one is ever held accountable.

And you don't give a fuck because you want to feel safe.
JoeMemphis

Post by JoeMemphis »

ProfX wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 6:48 am ... there's also the matter of law enforcement, who instead of asking him to leave the area ... their commander didn't seem to feel vigilantes were helping the situation, but the guys who gave them water and encouraged him ... oh and who let him leave even while people were shouting he had shot people ....

Like Joe, I blame law enforcement, too, but for a completely different reason. I guess some people won't feel law and order is restored until massive tear gas is sprayed over the area and everyone driven out. I watched that happen in Miami in 2004 with protests downtown. The WI authorities had 250 national guard on the streets. I don't think they were allowing anarchy to prevail. I also will add while I will not dispute looting and destruction was going on that night, the police chief noted it was being done by people not from Kenosha, who were not protesters. Saying the protest had turned into a riot is not, IMHO, accurate, and the three people shot by Rittenhouse were protesters, who had come there to protest. Grosskreutz had come there to act a a medic - oh and BTW had actually brought a medic kit.

Fact: he gunned down three people there who up until their confrontations, were there to exercise their 1st amendment rights. Maybe Rosenbaum was pushing a flaming dumpster. I don't see that he set it on fire. Maybe there was an illegal meeting with a fiancee under a restraining order beforehand. Other than that, none of them were committing crimes that night,
To be clear, I didn’t say peaceful protestors were rioting. I do think the people who were rioting should have been arrested and taken to jail. I don’t really care where they are from or what causes they support. That is irrelevant.

When the rioting starts it’s time for everybody to go home and law enforcement to restore order.
JoeMemphis

Post by JoeMemphis »

gounion wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 8:02 am Oh, so it was democrats that told the cops to let 17-year-old boys run around with AR-15s, and tell them they were happy he was here? Bullshit.

And Tennessee is a state where the gun laws are worse than Wisconsin. People YOU have voted for for decades.

I'll tell you how they lost control. Because blacks are being indiscriminately murdered by cops and no one is ever held accountable.

And you don't give a fuck because you want to feel safe.
Who I voted for or didn’t vote for had absolutely nothing to do with Kenosha, WI. Nothing.
gounion

Post by gounion »

JoeMemphis wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 8:16 am Who I voted for or didn’t vote for had absolutely nothing to do with Kenosha, WI. Nothing.
It has to do with the gun laws in Tennessee and across this nation.
JoeMemphis

Post by JoeMemphis »

gounion wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 8:17 am It has to do with the gun laws in Tennessee and across this nation.
Gun laws in TN has nothing to do with Kenosha WI.
gounion

Post by gounion »

JoeMemphis wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 8:20 am Gun laws in TN has nothing to do with Kenosha WI.
You said you didn't agree with the gun laws like open carry in general. Quit trying to piss backwards.
JoeMemphis

Post by JoeMemphis »

gounion wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 8:22 am You said you didn't agree with the gun laws like open carry in general. Quit trying to piss backwards.
And I don’t. But who I vote for in TN has nothing to do with what happened in Kenosha. Didn’t affect that at all. I don’t see where that is relevant to the trial and the deaths of two people and the wounding of another.
gounion

Post by gounion »

JoeMemphis wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 8:26 am And I don’t. But who I vote for in TN has nothing to do with what happened in Kenosha. Didn’t affect that at all. I don’t see where that is relevant to the trial and the deaths of two people and the wounding of another.
The gun laws affect us across the country. The same thing can happen here in Tennessee, because anyone can open carry a weapon without a permit.

The new law was signed by Gov. Bill Lee in April. Don't recall you complaining. I guess you'll wait for such a thing to happen here, then you'll pretend you didn't support the law.
JoeMemphis

Post by JoeMemphis »

gounion wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 8:36 am The gun laws affect us across the country. The same thing can happen here in Tennessee, because anyone can open carry a weapon without a permit.

The new law was signed by Gov. Bill Lee in April. Don't recall you complaining. I guess you'll wait for such a thing to happen here, then you'll pretend you didn't support the law.
Sorry you don’t recall. I stated at the time I thought open carry was stupid. Still do.

But the gun laws in TN has nothing to do with what happened in WI. Nothing.
gounion

Post by gounion »

JoeMemphis wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 8:43 am Sorry you don’t recall. I stated at the time I thought open carry was stupid. Still do.

But the gun laws in TN has nothing to do with what happened in WI. Nothing.
It's because of Republicans that we have these laws. These are the people YOU VOTE FOR and you don't really care WHAT they do. So quit trying to pretend otherwise.

It's not the Democrats in WI that allowed a teenager to be allowed to bring an AR-15 to a protest.
JoeMemphis

Post by JoeMemphis »

gounion wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 8:46 am It's because of Republicans that we have these laws. These are the people YOU VOTE FOR and you don't really care WHAT they do. So quit trying to pretend otherwise.

It's not the Democrats in WI that allowed a teenager to be allowed to bring an AR-15 to a protest.
Other than having an opinion on the matter, I don’t see where what I think or who I vote for in TN has anything at all to do with what happens in WI. I thought that was the topic of the thread despite your efforts to derail it and make it personal.
gounion

Post by gounion »

JoeMemphis wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 8:51 am Other than having an opinion on the matter, I don’t see where what I think or who I vote for in TN has anything at all to do with what happens in WI. I thought that was the topic of the thread despite your efforts to derail it and make it personal.
Quit pretending this kind of crap is only happening in Wisconsin.
JoeMemphis

Post by JoeMemphis »

gounion wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 8:52 am Quit pretending this kind of crap is only happening in Wisconsin.
Okay