Mickey Mouse dupes DeSantis

News and events of the day
JoeMemphis

Re: Mickey Mouse dupes DeSantis

Post by JoeMemphis »

gounion wrote: Wed Apr 26, 2023 12:39 pm Just pointing out the news of the day, it's leading on all sites. I'm sure you'll be happy to have your tax money being spent to defend DeStantis from this lawsuit going all the way to the Supreme Court. Isn't that smart use of state dollars, along with attacks on gays, drag shows, women's rights, book bannings in school libraries, censoring college history courses instead of, you know, doing the business of a state?

It's funny how you've always cast yourself as a pro-business Republican, but are all in for DeSantis' attack on Disney, the biggest employer in the state. Not surprising they announced huge layoffs in the state. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Chris Christie is about the closest thing to a true Conservative around today, as 90% of the party has thrown it's lot in with Trump. I don't like Christie, but he is a real conservative. Christie:
I didn’t realize that either Glenn or I were relevant to the news of the day. For someone who isn’t obsessed, you sure do spend a lot of time worrying about Glenn and me. Perhaps you have too much time on your hands.

:lol: :lol:
gounion

Post by gounion »

JoeMemphis wrote: Wed Apr 26, 2023 1:11 pm I didn’t realize that either Glenn or I were relevant to the news of the day. For someone who isn’t obsessed, you sure do spend a lot of time worrying about Glenn and me. Perhaps you have too much time on your hands.

:lol: :lol:
The one thing you CAN'T do is debate. You're just too ignorant. So all you have is ad hominem attacks.

You can't explain how you say you vote for your own personal interests, but then, you can't explain why you vote for people that govern AGAINST your interests and your supposed beliefs.

EVERYTHING you have said on this board you believe in, such as abortion rights and gay rights, and being pro-business, DeSantis is AGAINST. And you can't make the case for him.

So you just keep up with the personal attacks.
JoeMemphis

Post by JoeMemphis »

gounion wrote: Wed Apr 26, 2023 1:15 pm The one thing you CAN'T do is debate. You're just too ignorant. So all you have is ad hominem attacks.

You can't explain how you say you vote for your own personal interests, but then, you can't explain why you vote for people that govern AGAINST your interests and your supposed beliefs.

EVERYTHING you have said on this board you believe in, such as abortion rights and gay rights, and being pro-business, DeSantis is AGAINST. And you can't make the case for him.

So you just keep up with the personal attacks.
You said it was pointless to try to have a honest discussion with a liar. That’s why I don’t debate with you. You don’t have the skill set to have an honest discussion. It’s a waste of time to try.
gounion

Post by gounion »

JoeMemphis wrote: Wed Apr 26, 2023 1:17 pm You said it was pointless to try to have a honest discussion with a liar. That’s why I don’t debate with you. You don’t have the skill set to have an honest discussion. It’s a waste of time to try.
Then don't. Just keep being a fucking baby. It's what you're best at.

You know you can't debate, because you are the most proudly ignorant person on the board. You certainly can't defend what DeSantis is doing against Disney, but maybe you should send him some money for attacking Disney.
Drak

Post by Drak »

Destantis' power attacks on Disney are the result of his extremely fragile, butthurt ego, because they criticized his policies. That's all there is to it, and that's not the sort of person who should be in any sort of leadership position. He's exactly the same as Trump.
"Some of those that work forces,
Are the same that burn crosses"

- Rage Against the Machine
JoeMemphis

Post by JoeMemphis »

gounion wrote: Wed Apr 26, 2023 1:20 pm Then don't. Just keep being a fucking baby. It's what you're best at.

You know you can't debate, because you are the most proudly ignorant person on the board. You certainly can't defend what DeSantis is doing against Disney, but maybe you should send him some money for attacking Disney.
You know you can’t have an honest discussion without lying and distortion. By your own standards, a discussion with you is pointless.

I am capable of discussing many things. What I won’t do is waste a lot of time addressing lies and distortions you create and can’t and/or won’t support or substantiate. If you don’t think enough of yourself to debate honestly, why should I waste time on you.

You are a liar and therefore a waste of time. So own it. You’ve earned it.
gounion

Post by gounion »

Drak wrote: Wed Apr 26, 2023 1:27 pm Destantis' power attacks on Disney are the result of his extremely fragile, butthurt ego, because they criticized his policies. That's all there is to it, and that's not the sort of person who should be in any sort of leadership position. He's exactly the same as Trump.
It really IS childish. I mean, if you can't take criticism, you shouldn't be a politician. I mean, Disney didn't call him names, or personally attack him, they just spoke out on a bill.

I always thought being able to speak out was what America was all about.

Apparently DeSantis, Glenn and Joe don't agree, and think if you speak out, it's perfectly fine for the government to come down on you and try to destroy you.
gounion

Post by gounion »

JoeMemphis wrote: Wed Apr 26, 2023 1:29 pm You know you can’t have an honest discussion without lying and distortion. By your own standards, a discussion with you is pointless.

I am capable of discussing many things. What I won’t do is waste a lot of time addressing lies and distortions you create and can’t and/or won’t support or substantiate. If you don’t think enough of yourself to debate honestly, why should I waste time on you.

You are a liar and therefore a waste of time. So own it. You’ve earned it.
No, YOU are the one that lied on this board and admitted it. You made up all kinds of shit about why and how I retired. You lied about me, and had to admit to doing so.

So you're just projecting.

And you can't even respond to the news of the day, because you won't EVER criticize your man DeSantis, and you don't know how to defend what he's done.
JoeMemphis

Post by JoeMemphis »

gounion wrote: Wed Apr 26, 2023 1:33 pm No, YOU are the one that lied on this board and admitted it. You made up all kinds of shit about why and how I retired. You lied about me, and had to admit to doing so.

So you're just projecting.

And you can't even respond to the news of the day, because you won't EVER criticize your man DeSantis, and you don't know how to defend what he's done.
You lied a couple of times in this thread. Correct that and then lecture me on honesty. Until then, you are a waste of time. You’ve proven it yourself.
gounion

Post by gounion »

JoeMemphis wrote: Wed Apr 26, 2023 1:38 pm You lied a couple of times in this thread. Correct that and then lecture me on honesty. Until then, you are a waste of time. You’ve proven it yourself.
No, you're the one that can't lecture ANYONE on honesty. You lied about me, and you were shamed into admitting it.

And you can't say a word about the issue of the thread. You're scared, you gutless worm.

Disney will destroy DeSantis in court, as DeSantis has proven over and over this is nothing but pure retaliation.

And you support that. You and DeSantis hasn't grown past this third grade. No judge in America would take DeSantis' side.
JoeMemphis

Post by JoeMemphis »

gounion wrote: Wed Apr 26, 2023 1:41 pm No, you're the one that can't lecture ANYONE on honesty. You lied about me, and you were shamed into admitting it.

And you can't say a word about the issue of the thread. You're scared, you gutless worm.

Disney will destroy DeSantis in court, as DeSantis has proven over and over this is nothing but pure retaliation.

And you support that. You and DeSantis hasn't grown past this third grade. No judge in America would take DeSantis' side.
I didn’t lie about you. I just didn’t buy into the bullshit story you were trying to peddle. Still don’t.

You lied in this thread. If you aren’t man enough to correct it then discussing the thread further is a waste of time BY YOUR OWN STANDARDS.
gounion

Post by gounion »

JoeMemphis wrote: Wed Apr 26, 2023 1:46 pm I didn’t lie about you. I just didn’t buy into the bullshit story you were trying to peddle. Still don’t.

You lied in this thread. If you aren’t man enough to correct it then discussing the thread further is a waste of time BY YOUR OWN STANDARDS.
You did lie, and you admitted you lied. It's that simple. You just made shit up. Even Glenn told you that you were lying.

So just take a hike, you worm. You can't sit at the adult table. We're going to discuss the Disney lawsuit, and you aren't smart enough to understand what's going on in it. You're just too ignorant.
JoeMemphis

Post by JoeMemphis »

gounion wrote: Wed Apr 26, 2023 1:48 pm You did lie, and you admitted you lied. It's that simple. You just made shit up. Even Glenn told you that you were lying.

So just take a hike, you worm. You can't sit at the adult table. We're going to discuss the Disney lawsuit, and you aren't smart enough to understand what's going on in it. You're just too ignorant.
Adult table. :lol: :lol: :lol: You mean the TV tray in from of your lounge chair in the den. Is that where you attend all those high level party zoom meetings. :lol: :lol: :lol:

You are so full of shit. You make me laugh.
gounion

Post by gounion »

Wow, here's the Disney Lawsuit, all 77 pages. https://www.documentcloud.org/documents ... ight-board

The most interesting is the five causes of action. They are:

First Cause of Action: Contracts Clause Violation

You would think that conservatives would believe in Contracts. The Constitution protects making contracts. But DeSantis is using the legislature under his control to void the Disney contracts. That's Unconstitutional.

Second Cause of Action: Takings Clause Violation

The Fifth Amendment says "Nor shall private property be taken for public use, without just compensation". DeSantis is attempting to take Disney property by government fiat. And our conservatives SUPPORT that.

Third Cause of Action: Due Process Clause Violation

Instead of taking Disney to court if they did something wrong (which they haven't), they are taking Disney property by legislative action.

Fourth Cause of Action: First Amendment Violation

The Constitution clearly lays out that the government - ANY governmental entity, federal, state or local, cannot attack or retaliate against anyone for their speech. Now, Joe may say that Disney shouldn't "shit in their nest" but the first amendment: "protects freedom of speech, the press, assembly, and the right to petition the Government for a redress of grievances."

It is quite evident that DeSantis has done all this simply because Disney spoke out against a bill being proposed.

Fifth Cause of Action: First Amendment Violation

This cause pertains to the attempt by DeSantis and the legislature to take control of Disney property.

Here's the Prayer of Relief:
Plaintiff respectfully requests that this Court grant the following relief:

A. Declare that the Legislative Declaration is unlawful and unenforceable because it abrogates Disney’s rights in violation of the Contracts Clause;

B. Declare that the Legislative Declaration is an unlawful taking of Disney’s property rights without payment of just compensation in violation of the Takings Clause;

C. Declare that the Legislative Declaration is unlawful and unenforceable because it was an arbitrary and irrational voiding of the Development Agreement and Restrictive Covenants in violation of the Due Process Clause;

D. Declare that the Legislative Declaration is unlawful and unenforceable because it was enacted in retaliation for Disney’s speech in violation of the First Amendment;

E. Declare that the Contracts remain in effect and enforceable;

F. Declare that Senate Bill 4C and House Bill 9B are unlawful and unenforceable because they were enacted in retaliation for Disney’s political
speech in violation of the First Amendment;

G. Issue an order enjoining Defendants from enforcing the Legislative Declaration;

H. Issue an order enjoining Defendants from enforcing Senate Bill 4C and House Bill 9B;

I. Award Plaintiff its attorney’s fees and costs; and

J. Grant such other relief as this Court may deem just and proper.
Yep, and Florida taxpayers will be saddled with the costs of defending DeSantis, and paying all of Disney's costs.
gounion

Post by gounion »

JoeMemphis wrote: Wed Apr 26, 2023 1:52 pm Adult table. :lol: :lol: :lol: You mean the TV tray in from of your lounge chair in the den. Is that where you attend all those high level party zoom meetings. :lol: :lol: :lol:

You are so full of shit. You make me laugh.
Lots of laughter at the kiddie table. But now we're talking about court cases, and you aren't intelligent enough to discuss.

Number6

Post by Number6 »

The title of the news story should be:

Mouse Sues Louse!
When you vote left, you vote right.
gounion

Post by gounion »

Number6 wrote: Wed Apr 26, 2023 2:13 pm The title of the news story should be:

Mouse Sues Louse!
Really! It is surprising that the supposed Constitution-loving conservatives just burn the Constitution away when it comes to using government power against perceived enemies.

I mean, what DeSantis and the legislature has done isn't about federal or state law, it's about Constitutional rights first and foremost. I mean, it's obvious on it's face that everything they have done against Disney is Unconstitutional.

And Disney has the best and most expensive attorneys alive. They will destroy Florida Attorney General Ashley Moody and the low-paid state lawyers.

And here's the bad thing: The only way for this to go away is they'll have to repeal the laws they just made.

This will be a chain around DeSantis' neck. Just what he needs to run for President!
Drak

Post by Drak »

Aaron Rupar is reporting that these hats were for sale at DeSantis’ last book signing. If so, more proof that “The next Ronald Raygun” isn’t too bright.

Libertas

Post by Libertas »

Drak wrote: Thu Apr 27, 2023 3:58 pm Aaron Rupar is reporting that these hats were for sale at DeSantis’ last book signing. If so, more proof that “The next Ronald Raygun” isn’t too bright.

Hopefully they can sue him for this.

Desatan, who every single con on this board worships, will imprison or kill anyone who doesnt agree with his nazi views. He is doing that now in FL, so far he has been restricted to destroying lives without violence but soon he will be doing it with violence.
I sigh in your general direction.
JoeMemphis

Post by JoeMemphis »

Libertas wrote: Thu Apr 27, 2023 4:13 pm Hopefully they can sue him for this.

Desatan, who every single con on this board worships, will imprison or kill anyone who doesnt agree with his nazi views. He is doing that now in FL, so far he has been restricted to destroying lives without violence but soon he will be doing it with violence.
You really should see someone. I mean a professional. :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
Libertas

Post by Libertas »

Cons denying what other cons are doing, right here in River City...you can count on it.

Over and over I have predicted the most horrible things will be done, over and over I was right, and over and over they deny it while it is happening.

This is why you are NOT SAFE around them...hopefully everybody gets that now. You're welcome.
I sigh in your general direction.
Drak

Post by Drak »

Libertas wrote: Thu Apr 27, 2023 4:13 pm Hopefully they can sue him for this.

I think Disney takes copy right infringement pretty seriously.

gounion

Post by gounion »

From CNN: https://www.cnn.com/2023/04/27/media/ro ... index.html
DeSantis responded to the lawsuit by issuing a statement through his communications director, Taryn Fenske. “We are unaware of any legal right that a company has to operate its own government or maintain special privileges not held by other businesses in the state,” Fenske said. “This lawsuit is yet another unfortunate example of their hope to undermine the will of the Florida voters and operate outside the bounds of the law.”
Nothing Disney was doing was outside the bounds of the law. I guess DeSantis wants to make going to court for redress illegal too.
Speaking at a press conference in Jerusalem Thursday, DeSantis blasted Disney, saying the company did not “want to pay the same taxes as everybody else.”
Except that Disney pays MORE taxes than anyone else. They are the biggest taxpayer in the state. And DeSantis had no problem with their taxes before they spoke out on the bill.
Regardless of what the DeSantis team is saying, legal experts CNN spoke to on Wednesday signaled that Disney is on firm footing.

“It’s a serious First Amendment case,” Floyd Abrams, the renowned First Amendment attorney of Pentagon Papers fame, told CNN. Abrams said he expected the case to survive a motion to dismiss by Florida.

Ted Boutrous, the First Amendment attorney, agreed, saying that Disney had put together “a powerful complaint.” Boutrous said that Disney’s “First Amendment arguments are extremely strong.”

“DeSantis has admitted — indeed bragged about — retaliating against Disney to punish it for its speech on an issue of public concern and importance,” Boutrous added. “That is a classic First Amendment violation.”

Rebecca Tushnet, the Frank Stanton Professor of First Amendment Law at Harvard Law School, noted to me that the “retaliatory campaign” was “not subtle.” Tushnet said Disney “has a strong case, both under the First Amendment and potentially for violation of its property rights that the state is trying to destroy.”
So DeSantis is going to get his ass kicked in court, so then he can do the thing that Republicans like doing more than anything else.

Play the victim.
gounion

Post by gounion »

So, Glenn, we know you're going to take the GOP side in any case no matter what, so you say that DeSantis is perfectly within his rights to go after Disney.

Now, you love for South Carolina to give billions in taxpayer money to corporations. Here's what Nikki Haley tweeted:
“Hey, Disney, my home state will happily accept your 70,000+ jobs if you want to leave Florida. We’ve got great weather, great people, and it’s always a great day in South Carolina! SC’s not woke, but we’re not sanctimonious about it either.”
Point is, most states wouldn't attack their biggest employer and their biggest taxpayer. Talk about shitting in your nest!
JoeMemphis

Post by JoeMemphis »

Libertas wrote: Thu Apr 27, 2023 4:20 pm Cons denying what other cons are doing, right here in River City...you can count on it.

Over and over I have predicted the most horrible things will be done, over and over I was right, and over and over they deny it while it is happening.

This is why you are NOT SAFE around them...hopefully everybody gets that now. You're welcome.
You are more of a threat to yourself than any conservative. Seriously you should seek help.