Abbott must be arrested for murder and NOW

News and events of the day
ZoWie

Re: Abbott must be arrested for murder and NOW

Post by ZoWie »

Not let the country on the other side be impoverished and gangster ridden?
"We must remember that we cannot abandon the truth and remain a free nation." --Liz Cheney, Republican, 7/21/22
gounion

Post by gounion »

JoeMemphis wrote: Mon Aug 14, 2023 12:07 pm Well Brad, walls were part of it. Not all of it but part of it. Wasn’t perfect but it was a damn sight better than doing absolutely nothing. Better than assigning an incompetent VP and Director of HS who do nothing. Better than throwing open the doors and handing out court dates three or four years out.

It’s been in the news for two years. It’s not like it just popped up like fires in HI. We just have a POTUS who doesn’t give a fuck about the problem or it’s effects on those migrants or the stress that it puts on infrastructure in the border states. He doesn’t give a shit for the people living on the streets or the crime in the inner city. He’s got no plan for any of it. He’s an empty suit.

The border problem and the resulting deaths are squarely his responsibility. He is incompetent and reckless. These sanctuary city and state governors and mayors are just waking up to the fact after two years and they are acting surprised. Where the hell have they been?
You’re just lying that Joe Biden isn’t doing anything about the fires. Reality: https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/biden-a ... =102170338
President Joe Biden, speaking on the deadly Maui wildfires, said a new disaster declaration will "get aid in the hands of people desperately needing help now."

"Our prayers are with the people of Hawaii, but not just our prayers," Biden said. "Every asset we have will be available to them. They've seen their homes or businesses destroyed, and some have lost loved ones, and it's not over yet."

Dozens of people have died, hundreds of structures have been destroyed and cultural landmarks have been damaged as a result of the fires.

Before his remarks, Biden approved an emergency declaration to make federal funding available to help those affected in Maui County. The money can be used for temporary housing, home repairs and other programs as well as for state and local governments to remove debris and to institute protective measures.

"Anyone who's lost a loved one, whose home has been damaged or destroyed, is going to get help immediately," Biden said, appearing from Salt Lake City as part of a three-state blitz to tout policy achievements.
He’s doing everything in the President’s power.

If Congress, which isn’t in session now, brings up a vote for more money, you can bet a BUNCH of Republicans will vote to block it.

But you’re a bold-face fucking liar, Joe, and I’ve just proved it. You gutless worm.
bradman

Post by bradman »

ZoWie wrote: Mon Aug 14, 2023 12:15 pm Not let the country on the other side be impoverished and gangster ridden?

i kinda been diggin' on that idea fer awhile now. 8-)

Seems to me the harder you make it to cross the border the more the cartels make.
I am not a member of any organized political party. I am a Democrat. [Will Rogers]
ZoWie

Post by ZoWie »

If the migrants can't get in by land, they'll come by sea. Then we'll hear that Biden isn't doing enough to bomb and strafe the overloaded leaky fishing boats with holds full of little kids.
"We must remember that we cannot abandon the truth and remain a free nation." --Liz Cheney, Republican, 7/21/22
Toonces

Post by Toonces »

"We wouldn't have to kill them if Biden would just do his job", is an amazing argument that demands no respect for the people offering it.
Drak

Post by Drak »

Toonces wrote: Mon Aug 14, 2023 12:40 pm "We wouldn't have to kill them if Biden would just do his job", is an amazing argument that demands no respect for the people offering it.
Absolutely. The cons who post here are evil. Pure evil. Sociopaths, really.
"Some of those that work forces,
Are the same that burn crosses"

- Rage Against the Machine
ZoWie

Post by ZoWie »

Let's say that the next big problem is a massive invasion of billions of cockroaches, everywhere you look. In the food, in your shower floating upside down, in the street going crunch and gooping up the whole road, everywhere.

The conservatives on the Internet would blame Biden, and demand that he close the borders to all insects. Then they would try to pin the whole thing on Hunter. Some guy on one of the weirder rightie Nooz outlets would say it's a Jewish liberal conspiracy, and that would become the major argument from the right side of the aisle. We'd start seeing bumper stickers saying things like Make America Clean Again: Stomp President Roach.
JoeMemphis

Post by JoeMemphis »

bradman wrote: Mon Aug 14, 2023 12:13 pm The question is, how do we make the Mexican border into something like we have on Canadian border?

Any ideas?
The Mexican border will never be like the Canadian border. It’s an unrealistic expectation. Canada isn’t a corrupt Narco state for one thing.

How about we return to policies that were more effective than doing nothing? That’s a start. How about we don’t allow anyone and everyone to cross over and stay here for 3 or 4 years waiting on a court date? How about we ask those folks coming across the border illegally to follow the same procedures as those people who wait patiently to migrate legally? How about we ask POTUS to live up to his oath of office?

When POTUS ignores the law without consequence, why should anyone be surprised when others follow suit. It’s quite fashionable these days to just ignore the laws you don’t agree with. They call it “discretion”. We see the ramifications such discretion has on crime in many of our cities. When is enough of this stupidity enough. How many people need to get hurt or killed before somebody remembers that ignoring the law only encourages more people to break the law.

Do you think the cartels and migrants haven’t figured out how to game this? Our border laws mean nothing to them because they mean nothing to this administration.
gounion

Post by gounion »

JoeMemphis wrote: Mon Aug 14, 2023 12:55 pm The Mexican border will never be like the Canadian border. It’s an unrealistic expectation. Canada isn’t a corrupt Narco state for one thing.

How about we return to policies that were more effective than doing nothing? That’s a start. How about we don’t allow anyone and everyone to cross over and stay here for 3 or 4 years waiting on a court date? How about we ask those folks coming across the border illegally to follow the same procedures as those people who wait patiently to migrate legally? How about we ask POTUS to live up to his oath of office?

When POTUS ignores the law without consequence, why should anyone be surprised when others follow suit. It’s quite fashionable these days to just ignore the laws you don’t agree with. They call it “discretion”. We see the ramifications such discretion has on crime in many of our cities. When is enough of this stupidity enough. How many people need to get hurt or killed before somebody remembers that ignoring the law only encourages more people to break the law.

Do you think the cartels and migrants haven’t figured out how to game this? Our border laws mean nothing to them because they mean nothing to this administration.
How much more are you willing to pay in taxes to build that wall?
JoeMemphis

Post by JoeMemphis »

gounion wrote: Mon Aug 14, 2023 12:15 pm You’re just lying that Joe Biden isn’t doing anything about the fires. Reality: https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/biden-a ... =102170338

He’s doing everything in the President’s power.

If Congress, which isn’t in session now, brings up a vote for more money, you can bet a BUNCH of Republicans will vote to block it.

But you’re a bold-face fucking liar, Joe, and I’ve just proved it. You gutless worm.
I didn’t say that Biden wasn’t doing anything about the fires. Learn to fucking read dumbass. I said the problem didn’t crop up
Overnight like the fires. You truly are an ignorant fool. A willfully ignorant fool.
JoeMemphis

Post by JoeMemphis »

gounion wrote: Mon Aug 14, 2023 12:56 pm How much more are you willing to pay in taxes to build that wall?
Whatever it takes to secure the border.
gounion

Post by gounion »

JoeMemphis wrote: Mon Aug 14, 2023 12:57 pm I didn’t say that Biden wasn’t doing anything about the fires. Learn to fucking read dumbass. I said the problem didn’t crop up
Overnight like the fires. You truly are an ignorant fool. A willfully ignorant fool.
You're just an idiot. Blame Biden for EVERYTHING.

Now, Congress is where laws originate. Did THEY do anything?

And they'll vote not to help Maui, just like they voted not to help in Hurricane Sandy.

It's funny how, after conservatives always saying the federal government should be SMALLER, now you're demanding the federal government solve all problems?
JoeMemphis

Post by JoeMemphis »

Toonces wrote: Mon Aug 14, 2023 12:40 pm "We wouldn't have to kill them if Biden would just do his job", is an amazing argument that demands no respect for the people offering it.
And it’s not what I said or meant. But you go ahead and ignore the idiot who is supposedly responsible for border policy and pretend he has nothing to do with anything. It’s all beyond his control. All beyond his grasp. Tell me Toonces. Remind me. What did we hire him for in the first place. According to you guys, he can’t do shit. It’s Reagan’s fault or GW Bushes fault. Biden has no responsibility. He’s in charge but of what exactly? Who is managing these problems if not him. Where exactly does the buck stop in your world. Reagan. Bush.
Drak

Post by Drak »

Anyone who thinks the border is suddenly unsecure and who thinks a wall or glorified fence is going to work, is a complete idiot. You'd think that conservatives would understand what a waste of taxpayer money and how illogical this is. But no, these are the new conservatives. Trump totally grifted these clowns and they want more.

JoeMemphis

Post by JoeMemphis »

gounion wrote: Mon Aug 14, 2023 1:01 pm You're just an idiot. Blame Biden for EVERYTHING.

Now, Congress is where laws originate. Did THEY do anything?

And they'll vote not to help Maui, just like they voted not to help in Hurricane Sandy.

It's funny how, after conservatives always saying the federal government should be SMALLER, now you're demanding the federal government solve all problems?
No you are the idiot. You are blaming dead Presidents or presidents who have been out of office for decades. Whose job is it to manage the border? By law. Whose job? The most powerful man in the free world can’t control his own border and you sit on your ass and make excuses for his incompetence.

Go ahead and run on his border record in 2024. Make it the centerpiece of his campaign. I dare you. He and you will run away from it and like always blame someone else for this administrations failed policy. Let’s see how far that gets you. Nobody is buying it. The govs and mayors in sanctuary cities and states are already starting to wake up. So you probably will take another year or two to figure out who is asleep at the wheel.
Toonces

Post by Toonces »

JoeMemphis wrote: Mon Aug 14, 2023 1:03 pm And it’s not what I said or meant.
Then you really need to work on your communication skills because they are sub-par. Abbott has taken it upon himself to introduce measures that are actively costing lives, and then you suggest it's because Biden isn't doing his job and that the border crisis is 2 years old. So, tell me, what was misunderstood about that?

Never mind, I don't have the patience to entertain tired excuses of being misunderstood.
Drak

Post by Drak »

Toonces wrote: Mon Aug 14, 2023 1:12 pm Then you really need to work on your communication skills because they are sub-par. Abbott has taken it upon himself to introduce measures that are actively costing lives, and then you suggest it's because Biden isn't doing his job and that the border crisis is 2 years old. So, tell me, what was misunderstood about that?

Never mind, I don't have the patience to entertain tired excuses of being misunderstood.
He always claims he never means what he says or goes off talking about nonsense that has nothing to do with anything. Just games, all the time. He also NEVER backs up anything he says.

JoeMemphis

Post by JoeMemphis »

Toonces wrote: Mon Aug 14, 2023 1:12 pm Then you really need to work on your communication skills because they are sub-par. Abbott has taken it upon himself to introduce measures that are actively costing lives, and then you suggest it's because Biden isn't doing his job and that the border crisis is 2 years old. So, tell me, what was misunderstood about that?

You act as if this crisis was unavoidable. That is simply not true. This was caused by a conscious decision by POTUS to ignore existing laws and open our borders. This isn’t the first person to die by drowning or due to assault or exposure. Who do you suggest we charge those deaths to. Who do we send the butchers bill to? Not to mention all the other costs associated with this reckless idiotic policy.

People are dying due to the lack of leadership from this President. Do you care about those deaths or is it only this one that’s got you upset? People are are being attacked and abused because of this lack of policy. Who do we see about those abuses? Reagan? Bush? Abbott? Is there anyone on the Dem side of the aisle willing to step up and take responsibility for the ramifications and results of this failed policy?

I’m tired of hearing about Abbott or other border governors. Biden ran for the job. It’s time he fucking did his job instead of blaming other people for problems he either created or made worse.
gounion

Post by gounion »

JoeMemphis wrote: Mon Aug 14, 2023 1:25 pm You act as if this crisis was unavoidable. That is simply not true. This was caused by a conscious decision by POTUS to ignore existing laws and open our borders. This isn’t the first person to die by drowning or due to assault or exposure. Who do you suggest we charge those deaths to. Who do we send the butchers bill to? Not to mention all the other costs associated with this reckless idiotic policy.

People are dying due to the lack of leadership from this President. Do you care about those deaths or is it only this one that’s got you upset? People are are being attacked and abused because of this lack of policy. Who do we see about those abuses? Reagan? Bush? Abbott? Is there anyone on the Dem side of the aisle willing to step up and take responsibility for the ramifications and results of this failed policy?

I’m tired of hearing about Abbott or other border governors. Biden ran for the job. It’s time he fucking did his job instead of blaming other people for problems he either created or made worse.
So, Abbot ran for HIS job saying that only the President is responsible for borders?

How is he not responsible for HIS actions?

This is the GOP way: Anyone murdering someone can now just blame it on Joe Biden.
JoeMemphis

Post by JoeMemphis »

gounion wrote: Mon Aug 14, 2023 1:58 pm So, Abbot ran for HIS job saying that only the President is responsible for borders?

How is he not responsible for HIS actions?

This is the GOP way: Anyone murdering someone can now just blame it on Joe Biden.
Well that’s not what we are saying. What we are saying is that the guy who is responsible for the border is an empty suit and it is getting people killed and injured not to mention the stress it is putting on communities all around this country. So instead of holding him accountable for his job you would rather blame past presidents, alive and dead, and governors who are just trying to protect their borders and their citizens.

It’s not my fault the guy you choose isn’t up for the job. It’s not Abbotts fault. It’s not Reagan’s fault. It’s not George Bushes fault. Biden is sitting in the chair. This is the job he wanted. Now he’s got it and rather than do his job he is napping at the beach. He’s an empty suit.

So run on his record. See how far it gets ya. Tell us again how good he is on the border. Sell it.
gounion

Post by gounion »

JoeMemphis wrote: Mon Aug 14, 2023 2:08 pm Well that’s not what we are saying. What we are saying is that the guy who is responsible for the border is an empty suit and it is getting people killed and injured not to mention the stress it is putting on communities all around this country. So instead of holding him accountable for his job you would rather blame past presidents, alive and dead, and governors who are just trying to protect their borders and their citizens.

It’s not my fault the guy you choose isn’t up for the job. It’s not Abbotts fault. It’s not Reagan’s fault. It’s not George Bushes fault. Biden is sitting in the chair. This is the job he wanted. Now he’s got it and rather than do his job he is napping at the beach. He’s an empty suit.

So run on his record. See how far it gets ya. Tell us again how good he is on the border. Sell it.
When Abbott orders razor wire put up and orders people killed it IS his fault.
gounion

Post by gounion »

gounion wrote: Mon Aug 14, 2023 2:11 pm When Abbott orders razor wire put up and orders people killed it IS his fault.
Yeah, like an idiot he says Biden took the job, so if things aren't immediately fixed, it's all his fault. Of course, if a Republican wins, Trump or whoever, he'll still blame it on Biden.
JoeMemphis

Post by JoeMemphis »

gounion wrote: Mon Aug 14, 2023 2:11 pm When Abbott orders razor wire put up and orders people killed it IS his fault.
So he ordered someone killed. Yeah, I’m sure that’s how it went down. Does Biden order people killed or does henhouse standby and watch it happen by neglect and then depend on people like you to
Make excuses for him? Is that how it works. Go ahead. Blame Reagan again. Blame George W Bush. And then give us the lecture on accountability. Then next week maybe a western or some more science fiction or fantasy. It’s all fiction
JoeMemphis

Post by JoeMemphis »

gounion wrote: Mon Aug 14, 2023 2:15 pm Yeah, like an idiot he says Biden took the job, so if things aren't immediately fixed, it's all his fault. Of course, if a Republican wins, Trump or whoever, he'll still blame it on Biden.
You do realize you just replied to yourself. The idiot you referred to is you. :lol:
bradman

Post by bradman »

JoeMemphis wrote: Mon Aug 14, 2023 12:55 pm The Mexican border will never be like the Canadian border. It’s an unrealistic expectation. Canada isn’t a corrupt Narco state for one thing.

[bold]i absolutely refuse to believe that. Where there's a will, there's a way.

i find this odd....

https://apnews.com/article/biden-politi ... 2722144488
How Biden asylum rule affects immigration, compares to Trump

Sounds like it was basically the same rules Trump went for.

Then you have this......
https://apnews.com/article/asylum-limit ... 1e2a270429
A judge blocks limits on asylum at US-Mexico border but gives Biden administration time to appeal
The Biden administration said the asylum rule was a key part of its strategy to strike a balance between strict border enforcement and ensuring several avenues for migrants to pursue valid asylum claims. According to Customs and Border Protection, total encounters along the southern border — meaning migrants who either came to one of the ports of entry or tried to cross between them — were down 30% in June compared with the previous month. The agency said it was the lowest monthly total since February 2021.

Critics have argued that the rule is essentially a newer version of efforts by President Donald Trump to limit asylum at the southern border.

Trump derided Tigar as an “Obama judge” after Tigar rejected a Trump administration policy barring people from applying for asylum except at an official border entry point. That effort got caught up in litigation and never took effect.
Can we quit playing the blame game now? Otherwise, honestly dude, i'm out.

i find this interesting, how bout you?

https://www.aila.org/advo-media/issues/ ... ion-courts
Featured Issue: America Needs a Fair and Independent Immigration Court

So far it has 50 some Dem sponsors, Reps zero. i wonder if it will fly.

Because i do agree with you. It should not take 3-4 years for a court date.
I am not a member of any organized political party. I am a Democrat. [Will Rogers]