Jussie Smollett Guilty 5 of 6 counts

News and events of the day
ProfX

Jussie Smollett Guilty 5 of 6 counts

Post by ProfX »

A jury found Jussie Smollett guilty of falsely reporting a hate crime. Here's what comes next
https://www.cnn.com/2021/12/10/us/jussi ... index.html

(CNN)Former "Empire" actor Jussie Smollett was found guilty Thursday on five counts of felony disorderly conduct for making false reports to police that he was the victim of a hate crime in January 2019.

[snip][end]

No comment, other than ... I'm so glad a certain Ikean is no longer here. If only because in his most primal moments, he seemed to think Carmen WAS Jussie Smollett.

I think this was the correct verdict. He should not have done what he did. If only because it has only made the plight of real victims of hate crimes worse because it's made them harder to be believed.
"Don't believe every quote attributed to people on the Internet" -- Abraham Lincoln :D
JoeMemphis

Re: Jussie Smollett Guilty 5 of 6 counts

Post by JoeMemphis »

ProfX wrote: Fri Dec 10, 2021 6:15 am A jury found Jussie Smollett guilty of falsely reporting a hate crime. Here's what comes next

(CNN)Former "Empire" actor Jussie Smollett was found guilty Thursday on five counts of felony disorderly conduct for making false reports to police that he was the victim of a hate crime in January 2019.

[snip][end]

No comment, other than ... I'm so glad a certain Ikean is no longer here. If only because in his most primal moments, he seemed to think Carmen WAS Jussie Smollett.

I think this was the correct verdict. He should not have done what he did. If only because it has only made the plight of real victims of hate crimes worse because it's made them harder to be believed.
+1
Drak

Post by Drak »

ProfX wrote: Fri Dec 10, 2021 6:15 am A jury found Jussie Smollett guilty of falsely reporting a hate crime. Here's what comes next

Yes. Falsely reporting hate crimes damages the credibility when real crimes are reported. I agree with you.
"Some of those that work forces,
Are the same that burn crosses"

- Rage Against the Machine
Drak

Post by Drak »

That said, this is a great point. Every single one of the people in this picture attempted to weaponize the police with false reports against black men and woman. Where's the accountability for them? Oh right...

"Some of those that work forces,
Are the same that burn crosses"

- Rage Against the Machine
Bludogdem

Post by Bludogdem »

He’s going to appeal.
bradman

Post by bradman »

Bludogdem wrote: Fri Dec 10, 2021 1:34 pm He’s going to appeal.
His appeal, fines, and community service should have been over and done with by now.
I am not a member of any organized political party. I am a Democrat. [Will Rogers]
Libertas

Post by Libertas »

[snip][end]

Agree, he shouldnt have dont it.

And it is news because of how rare it is for a non MAGA or a non GOP or a non con does something bad or wrong or stupid.
I sigh in your general direction.
Number6

Post by Number6 »

When you vote left, you vote right.
carmenjonze

Post by carmenjonze »

The way to right wrongs is to
Shine the light of truth on them.

~ Ida B. Wells