Rand Paul wants federal tornado aid

News and events of the day
carmenjonze

Re: Rand Paul wants federal tornado aid

Post by carmenjonze »

Bludogdem wrote: Sun Dec 12, 2021 7:50 pm Context.

“ This week, Congress will vote on providing needed emergency money for Hurricane Harvey, which impacted so many people across Texas. I sympathize with everyone impacted, including many members of my own family (my parents and siblings live outside Houston).

I absolutely want to make sure their needs are met, and that we take care of people. But I also know that we are $20 trillion in debt and climbing, with no sign of letting up.

So, I have proposed a simple, “America First,” fiscally responsible solution: we should pay for the emergency funds with cuts from elsewhere, specifically money we send overseas to foreign countries.

One of the things I and many other Americans liked about candidate Donald Trump was his America First policy. He talked often about building here instead of in Pakistan and Afghanistan. We send tens of billions overseas every year in aid, and we have spent trillions fighting and nation-building in Afghanistan and Iraq.

Instead of continuing that, let’s take a portion of that money and spend it here to help the victims of this great disaster.“

https://thehill.com/blogs/congress-blog ... funds-with
whitey tape

The way to right wrongs is to
Shine the light of truth on them.

~ Ida B. Wells

Post by gounion »

“ This week, Congress will vote on providing needed emergency money for Hurricane Harvey, which impacted so many people across Texas. I sympathize with everyone impacted, including many members of my own family (my parents and siblings live outside Houston).

I absolutely want to make sure their needs are met, and that we take care of people. But I also know that we are $20 trillion in debt and climbing, with no sign of letting up.

So, I have proposed a simple, “America First,” fiscally responsible solution: we should pay for the emergency funds with cuts from elsewhere, specifically money we send overseas to foreign countries.

One of the things I and many other Americans liked about candidate Donald Trump was his America First policy. He talked often about building here instead of in Pakistan and Afghanistan. We send tens of billions overseas every year in aid, and we have spent trillions fighting and nation-building in Afghanistan and Iraq.

Instead of continuing that, let’s take a portion of that money and spend it here to help the victims of this great disaster.“

Ah yes always here to defend the nutjobs.
carmenjonze

Post by carmenjonze »

~ Ida B. Wells

Post by Bludogdem »

gounion wrote: Sun Dec 12, 2021 7:59 pm Green Grass defending Trump while pretending NOT to defend Trump! :lol: :lol: :lol:

You can't help yourself, can you?
Reductio ad Absurdom
Bludogdem

Post by Bludogdem »

gounion wrote: Sun Dec 12, 2021 7:55 pm Ah yes always here to defend the nutjobs.
Reductio ad Absurdum

Facts are too much of a problem for you. That and you’re a fool who falls for so easily for dishonest info.
gounion

Post by gounion »

Bludogdem wrote: Sun Dec 12, 2021 8:05 pm Reductio ad Absurdum

Facts are too much of a problem for you. That and you’re a fool who falls for so easily for dishonest info.
You must have just heard the term, you want to use it everywhere. I'm so proud of you, Hap! :lol: :lol: :lol:

No, I know the real info. Did I say Trump didn't make any such declarations? I did not. But Trump also didn't WANT to send aid to states that didn't support him. You neglect to mention that.

And Rand Paul is against using federal money to help states. They can pretend that's not it, but it's soooo it. He took heat, so he tried to make excuses. They vote against giving aid to blue states, but want it for themselves.

And nationally, when federal taxes come back to states as spending, the blue states bankroll the red states. FACT.
Libertas

Post by Libertas »

Cons pretending to be dems...sigh

Happens at DU as well. Like the time I called rump a traitor and a poster lost his mind demanding I prove my accusation.
I sigh in your general direction.
Libertas

Post by Libertas »

gounion wrote: Sun Dec 12, 2021 8:24 pm You must have just heard the term, you want to use it everywhere. I'm so proud of you, Hap! :lol: :lol: :lol:

No, I know the real info. Did I say Trump didn't make any such declarations? I did not. But Trump also didn't WANT to send aid to states that didn't support him. You neglect to mention that.

And Rand Paul is against using federal money to help states. They can pretend that's not it, but it's soooo it. He took heat, so he tried to make excuses. They vote against giving aid to blue states, but want it for themselves.

And nationally, when federal taxes come back to states as spending, the blue states bankroll the red states. FACT.
Rump wanted to deny blue states funds, he was told if he did he could lose some support so he didnt.

He and kushner wanted dems to die from Covid so they purposely did not send federal help. Mass murderers as is ANYONE who defends them, votes for ANY gop etc

https://www.nbcnews.com/think/opinion/d ... cna1235707
Most troubling of all, perhaps, was a sentiment the expert said a member of Kushner's team expressed: that because the virus had hit blue states hardest, a national plan was unnecessary and would not make sense politically. "The political folks believed that because it was going to be relegated to Democratic states, that they could blame those governors, and that would be an effective political strategy," said the expert.
Support rump or his party and you are no different than an armed, uniformed 1942 Nazi soldier.
Last edited by Libertas on Sun Dec 12, 2021 8:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Number6

Post by Number6 »

You won't see President Biden doing this.

When you vote left, you vote right.
Libertas

Post by Libertas »

Number6 wrote: Sun Dec 12, 2021 8:29 pm You won't see President Biden doing this.

He slowed testing, on purpose

Trump has made no secret of his ambivalence about testing. "When you do testing to that extent, you're going to find more people," Trump said in June at an ill-timed rally in Tulsa, Oklahoma. "You're going to find more cases. So I said to my people, 'Slow the testing down, please.'"
link above...yeah, if you support him you are one of the worst humans alive
gounion

Post by gounion »

Number6 wrote: Sun Dec 12, 2021 8:29 pm You won't see President Biden doing this.

Trump's idea of "aid".
ProfX

Post by ProfX »

Bludogdem wrote: Sun Dec 12, 2021 7:50 pm So, I have proposed a simple, “America First,” fiscally responsible solution: we should pay for the emergency funds with cuts from elsewhere, specifically money we send overseas to foreign countries.
I know that sounds good to people who think foreign aid is such a huge portion of our budget.

It might rouse some of the rubes who worry about how much America spends on furriners. Too bad it's a teeny sliver.
He talked often about building here instead of in Pakistan and Afghanistan. We send tens of billions overseas every year in aid, and we have spent trillions fighting and nation-building in Afghanistan and Iraq.
... BTW, it took TNG (The Next Guy) to pull all troops out of Afghanistan, and he's the one taking the shit for it, despite a lot of it being rooted in a very crappy deal TFG (the only kind he knows how to make) made with the Taliban in 2020.

It was TOG (That Obama Guy) who ended our occupation of Iraq.

Rand might have mentioned it was a Republican named Shrubya who got us into both wars/occupations.
"Don't believe every quote attributed to people on the Internet" -- Abraham Lincoln :D
ProfX

Post by ProfX »

Bludogdem wrote: Sun Dec 12, 2021 7:48 pm This is Standard Operating Procedure.
This isn't.

Trump asks why taxpayers should help bail out blue states
https://thehill.com/homenews/administra ... run-states

That is SAP - Standard Asshole Procedure.
"Don't believe every quote attributed to people on the Internet" -- Abraham Lincoln :D
Number6

Post by Number6 »

Bombas,

Rand Paul wants to pay for his plan by eliminating$15.25 billion in foreign aid. So he wants to end foreign aid to Israel? Instead of eliminating foreign aid why not just eliminate the $14.7 billion in federal subsidies to the oil industry first and then look at other areas.
When you vote left, you vote right.
carmenjonze

Post by carmenjonze »

gounion wrote: Sun Dec 12, 2021 8:24 pm You must have just heard the term, you want to use it everywhere.
Oh, but I'm sure you're mistaken. He got that off of LexisNexis beta testing.

~ Ida B. Wells

Post by ap215 »

Libertas wrote: Sun Dec 12, 2021 4:01 pm Speaking of hypocrites, Elon Musk is a gigantic one

https://youtu.be/1zLIT2qF70Q
He's a multimillionaire incompetent bastard
marindem01

Post by marindem01 »

Paul had no problem with threatening a Government Shutdown over Federal Disaster Aid and now he want his state to receive the same aid.

Yes, Kentucky should receive such aid, but for Paul to ask for such aid after working to deny to other states is hypocrisy at it's very worst.

Red States take a huge amount of Government Assistance. Not that Q-Publicans want to end that either.
Love of Country is not Blind Patriotism. It is not devotion to one person or one party. It is knowing fighting for your country is single most important thing you can do. Do not accept the notion violence is the answer.
ProfX

Post by ProfX »

gounion wrote: Sun Dec 12, 2021 8:24 pm You must have just heard the term, you want to use it everywhere.
He's using it incorrectly. :D

http://www2.humboldt.edu/act/HTML/tests ... /6.8a.html
Bludogdem

Post by Bludogdem »

ProfX wrote: Mon Dec 13, 2021 8:59 am He's using it incorrectly. :D

He’s using it correctly. It’s Gounion standard operating procedure.

“ Reductio ad absurdum is also known as "reducing to an absurdity." It involves characterizing an opposing argument in such a way that it seems to be ridiculous, or the consequences of the position seem ridiculous.”

For him this is a constant.
Bludogdem

Post by Bludogdem »

Number6 wrote: Sun Dec 12, 2021 9:34 pm Bombas,

Rand Paul wants to pay for his plan by eliminating$15.25 billion in foreign aid. So he wants to end foreign aid to Israel? Instead of eliminating foreign aid why not just eliminate the $14.7 billion in federal subsidies to the oil industry first and then look at other areas.
He very specifically cited Afghanistan and Iraq.
gounion

Post by gounion »

ProfX wrote: Mon Dec 13, 2021 8:59 am He's using it incorrectly. :D

GreenGrass always reminded me of Otto in A Fish Called Wanda:
Otto West: Don't call me stupid.

Wanda: Oh, right! To call you stupid would be an insult to stupid people! I've known sheep that could outwit you. I've worn dresses with higher IQs. But you think you're an intellectual, don't you, ape?

Otto West: Apes don't read philosophy.

Wanda: Yes they do, Otto. They just don't understand it. Now let me correct you on a couple of things, OK? Aristotle was not Belgian. The central message of Buddhism is not "Every man for himself." And the London Underground is not a political movement. Those are all mistakes, Otto. I looked them up.
Bludogdem

Post by Bludogdem »

ProfX wrote: Sun Dec 12, 2021 9:28 pm This isn't.

Trump asks why taxpayers should help bail out blue states
https://thehill.com/homenews/administra ... run-states

That is SAP - Standard Asshole Procedure.
Normal TFG stuff. As I pointed out to Brad we are fortunate to have President Biden and not TFG.
gounion

Post by gounion »

Bludogdem wrote: Mon Dec 13, 2021 9:19 am Normal TFG stuff. As I pointed out to Brad we are fortunate to have President Biden and not TFG.
Yet you defend Trump, while pretending not to. Always defending the GOP in your normal passive/aggressive way. It's hilarious to watch, especially when you realize that you really think you're fooling people! :lol: :lol: :lol:
ProfX

Post by ProfX »

Bludogdem wrote: Mon Dec 13, 2021 9:14 am He’s using it correctly. It’s Gounion standard operating procedure.
Mr. Blu, you seem like someone who has been dealing with GoU for a long time, possibly on previous boards to this one.

Perhaps you would like to discuss your previous experience with him? If you are a newcomer to this board, it doesn't seem like you'd have a long enough experience to reach that judgement.

That was purely rhetorical: I know why you won't.

Incidentally, I don't necessarily think he was reducing your argument to an absurdity, though you can feel free to suggest why it's an incorrect inference. It wouldn't be absurd for someone to defend Trump. Whether or not it would be absurd for YOU to do so requires me to know more about you than your username and vague statements. There most definitely have been Blue Dogs who defended Trump.