Should this racist judge resign?

News and events of the day
gounion

Should this racist judge resign?

Post by gounion »

[ur=https://www.thedailybeast.com/lafayette ... ef=scrolll]She says no[/url]. I'm sure our board conservatives will disagree.
A Louisiana judge is facing a flurry of complaints and calls to resign after home video footage appeared to capture her family using racial slurs in the aftermath of a burglary attempt.

Lafayette City Court Judge Michelle Odinet has asked for “forgiveness and understanding” after the video emerged this week. In the footage, which was first reported by The Current, an unidentified voice—apparently a member of Odinet's family—can be heard laughing about “mom” shouting the N-word at a burglary suspect. The video was shot as the judge’s family watched home-surveillance footage of a thwarted car burglary at their home.

A female voice can be heard saying, “We have a n -----, It’s a n-----, like a roach.”

It was not immediately clear who made the racist remarks heard in the video. Odinet, who has four children, did not directly respond to questions about whose voice was heard calling the burglary suspect a “roach.”

“My children and I were the victim [sic] of an armed burglary at our home. The police were called and the assailant was arrested. The incident shook me to my core and my mental state was fragile,” Odinet said in a statement Monday, The Current reports.

As for the video, Odinet said she “was given a sedative at the time” and had “zero recollection of the video and the disturbing language used during it.”

“Anyone who knows me and my husband, knows this is contrary to the way we live our lives. I am deeply sorry and ask for your forgiveness and understanding as my family and I deal with the emotional aftermath of this armed burglary,” she said.

The Lafayette Police Department has confirmed to local media that an attempted burglary of a vehicle took place at the home at around 2 a.m. Saturday.

But Lafayette Police Sgt. Paul Mouton told KLFY that the suspect—a Black man identified as Ronald Handy—did not have a weapon in his possession at the time of his arrest, despite Odinet describing the incident as an “armed burglary.”
Okay, this "judge" is a liar. Look, someone tried to steal their car. They were in the house, and in no danger. And the judge lies and says it was an "armed" burglary.

Look, she has destroyed her credibility as an honest, impartial judge forever. Any black person coming before her will always be able to use that to get her replaced on the case. Hell, all of her previous judgements are now in question. It's this simple: She much resign. She should know that. And the fact that she is refusing is just as damning, it shows why she can't stay.
carmenjonze

Re: Should this racist judge resign?

Post by carmenjonze »

The way to right wrongs is to
Shine the light of truth on them.

~ Ida B. Wells

Post by carmenjonze »

gounion wrote: Wed Dec 15, 2021 11:54 am [ur=https://www.thedailybeast.com/lafayette ... ef=scrolll]She says no[/url]. I'm sure our board conservatives will disagree.

"As for the video, Odinet said she “was given a sedative at the time” and had “zero recollection of the video and the disturbing language used during it.”
:problem:
“Anyone who knows me and my husband, knows this is contrary to the way we live our lives. I am deeply sorry and ask for your forgiveness and understanding as my family and I deal with the emotional aftermath of this armed burglary,” she said."
A likely story. That language is a part of her regular vocabulary, if that's the first thing out of her mouth when she's flying.

If she was even flying. :problem:

Can't be trusted.

~ Ida B. Wells

Post by bradman »

https://abc17news.com/news/2021/11/20/k ... nd-chance/
Kyle Larson says he’s thankful for second chance
In April 2020, Larson was suspended from NASCAR, losing both his sponsors and his ride with Chip Ganassi Racing after using the n-word during a virtual racing event.

Barred indefinitely for making the racial slur, Larson took intensive steps to educate himself. After six months, the racing governing body approved his application to be reinstated.

Rick Hendrick, owner of Hendrick Motorsports, added Larson to his team following the reinstatement, and Larson went on to have his first win for the team at the Las Vegas Motor Speedway in March.

“I was accepting of the fact that I probably won’t ever race in it again,” the 29-year-old Larson explained. “I’m thankful that I did get that second chance and I was able to do good things through it.”
+
Sensitivity training
During 2020, NASCAR required Larson to complete sensitivity training as a condition for reinstatement. He began working with Doug Harris, CEO of the Kaleidoscope Group, who served as his diversity coach.

Larson also worked alongside former four-time Olympian Jackie Joyner-Kersee, and retired pro soccer player Tony Sanneh, whose Minnesota-based foundation is focused on youth development and empowerment around the Twin Cities metro area.

“I’ve learned so much ever since that night, getting to talk to so many different African-Americans and learning their experiences.

“It just gives me a totally different perspective on life and what goes on in this world,” he said.
Sounds like Bubba Wallace, after a good talking to, also forgave Larson.
I am not a member of any organized political party. I am a Democrat. [Will Rogers]
gounion

Post by gounion »

bradman wrote: Wed Dec 15, 2021 2:30 pm https://abc17news.com/news/2021/11/20/k ... nd-chance/

+
Sensitivity training

So do you think a judge can be allowed to remain a judge?
bradman

Post by bradman »

gounion wrote: Wed Dec 15, 2021 2:31 pm So do you think a judge can be allowed to remain a judge?
That's questionable. She gave excuses........ then an apology? She's not off to a good start that's for sure.

i guess it depends on how she handles it from here.
I am not a member of any organized political party. I am a Democrat. [Will Rogers]
gounion

Post by gounion »

bradman wrote: Wed Dec 15, 2021 2:39 pm That's questionable. She gave excuses........ then an apology? She's not off to a good start that's for sure.

i guess it depends on how she handles it from here.
Well, first, she's LYING. It was NOT an armed burglary. No weapon was found. She and her family weren't in danger.

Then making those remarks.

No, she has zero credibility. If she's a judge, and a lawyer for a black client calls her out, exactly what would she say?

She's welcome to rehab herself. To make up for it. But NOT as a judge. She needs to find another line of work.
bradman

Post by bradman »

gounion wrote: Wed Dec 15, 2021 2:45 pm Well, first, she's LYING. It was NOT an armed burglary. No weapon was found. She and her family weren't in danger.

Then making those remarks.

No, she has zero credibility. If she's a judge, and a lawyer for a black client calls her out, exactly what would she say?

She's welcome to rehab herself. To make up for it. But NOT as a judge. She needs to find another line of work.
I'm big on second chances........
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robert_By ... ical_views
For the 2003–2004 session, the National Association for the Advancement of Colored People (NAACP)[96] rated Byrd's voting record as being 100% in line with the NAACP's position on the thirty-three Senate bills they evaluated. Sixteen other senators received that rating. In June 2005, Byrd proposed an additional $10,000,000 in federal funding for the Martin Luther King Jr. Memorial in Washington, D.C., remarking that, "With the passage of time, we have come to learn that his Dream was the American Dream, and few ever expressed it more eloquently."[97] Upon news of his death, the NAACP released a statement praising Byrd, saying that he "became a champion for civil rights and liberties" and "came to consistently support the NAACP civil rights agenda".[98]

Compliments from the DFL. HHH laid the ground rules in 48. Get with it or get out.
Libertas

Post by Libertas »

Comparing a RACE CAR DRIVER to someone who makes LIFE AND DEATH judgments about human beings who is in a position to use racism to destroy the lives of innocent people?

F U C K

Believe in 2nd chances MY ASS, how long will it take someone here to find a thread about a Black person getting a "2nd chance?"
I sigh in your general direction.
Bludogdem

Post by Bludogdem »

bradman wrote: Wed Dec 15, 2021 2:30 pm https://abc17news.com/news/2021/11/20/k ... nd-chance/

+
Sensitivity training

She needs to go through something similar to get a second chance. But for now she needs to step down from her first chance.
Libertas

Post by Libertas »

Debating with people who lie about who they are, who wont loudly denounce trump and wont oppose outright the political party supporting insurrection...sigh
I sigh in your general direction.
bradman

Post by bradman »

Bludogdem wrote: Wed Dec 15, 2021 3:17 pm She needs to go through something similar to get a second chance. But for now she needs to step down from her first chance.
Agreed.
In Louisiana, judges are the only elected officials that are protected from recall petitions.
Her move.
gounion

Post by gounion »

Bludogdem wrote: Wed Dec 15, 2021 3:17 pm She needs to go through something similar to get a second chance. But for now she needs to step down from her first chance.
Bullshit. She should never be a judge again. She can be a lawyer if she wants - but she's given up her right to the trust of the people. She cannot be a judge again.
Drak

Post by Drak »

This isn’t a one off. People don’t say vile racist things like this unless they mean them. And she’s doing the typical conservative tactic of blaming her actions on something else, in this case, a sedative. Sedatives don’t make you say things you don’t mean. Neither does alcohol. You can’t be a fair and balanced judge, a huge responsibility, if you’re racist. She needs to resign.
"Some of those that work forces,
Are the same that burn crosses"

- Rage Against the Machine
gounion

Post by gounion »

It's the same as if I owned a business, and a trusted employee stole a bunch of money from me, then asked for their job back. I'd say "You are welcome to reform yourself, but do it somewhere else. I wish you well."

She cannot have credibility as a judge ever again.
carmenjonze

Post by carmenjonze »

bradman wrote: Wed Dec 15, 2021 3:11 pm I'm big on second chances........
You're big on white supremacism.

You have always supported this WN Proud Boy murderer, and still do, yet think you're entitled to credibility on this topic?

viewtopic.php?p=9390#p9390
Last edited by carmenjonze on Wed Dec 15, 2021 4:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

~ Ida B. Wells

Post by carmenjonze »

Libertas wrote: Wed Dec 15, 2021 3:22 pm Debating with people who lie about who they are, who wont loudly denounce trump and wont oppose outright the political party supporting insurrection...sigh
+++++

~ Ida B. Wells

Post by carmenjonze »

Shut up, sock.

~ Ida B. Wells

Post by carmenjonze »

Of course greenbutt can relate, since he has been given second chance after second chance after second chance around here.

This person does not belong on this board, and neither does that confederate Glennfs, who has the same history.

~ Ida B. Wells

Post by carmenjonze »

gounion wrote: Wed Dec 15, 2021 3:36 pm Bullshit. She should never be a judge again. She can be a lawyer if she wants - but she's given up her right to the trust of the people. She cannot be a judge again.
She should be disbarred.

~ Ida B. Wells

Post by carmenjonze »

I compare this incident to if karen had made equivalent antisemitic, anti-immigrant, or anti-Muslim/Arab slurs.

The response around here would be the same. Ohhh give hurr a second chance, she's like Robert Byrd, and other trash touting pseudo-redemption of karen white supremacism.

The same types would be calling for the heads of nonwhite judges making equivalent antisemitic, anti-immigrant, or anti-Muslim/Arab statements on a plate.

~ Ida B. Wells

Post by carmenjonze »

gounion wrote: Wed Dec 15, 2021 3:51 pm It's the same as if I owned a business, and a trusted employee stole a bunch of money from me, then asked for their job back. I'd say "You are welcome to reform yourself, but do it somewhere else. I wish you well."

She cannot have credibility as a judge ever again.
bradman and greenbutt just want white-supremacist judges in power.

~ Ida B. Wells

Post by carmenjonze »

bradman wrote: Wed Dec 15, 2021 2:39 pm That's questionable.
Nothing about a judge calling people niggers is "questionable," unless you're stuck in 1960 America. Or 1660 America. Your position displays the moral deviance of supposed, so-called moderates, who are really just more cons.

A case like this is a good reason why people talk in terms of "structural racism."

This woman isn't just some random karen. This karen is a judge in a country that has packed judgeships with white supremacists since the 1700s.

~ Ida B. Wells

Post by marindem01 »

She should be compelled to attend Race Sensitivity Classes and 100-Hours of Community Service in a Black Owned law firm. IF this happens again, fire her ass.
Love of Country is not Blind Patriotism. It is not devotion to one person or one party. It is knowing fighting for your country is single most important thing you can do. Do not accept the notion violence is the answer.
carmenjonze

Post by carmenjonze »

marindem01 wrote: Wed Dec 15, 2021 4:52 pm She should be compelled to attend Race Sensitivity Classes and 100-Hours of Community Service in a Black Owned law firm. IF this happens again, fire her ass.
Ha, must say, I disagree wholeheartedly.

No Black law firm should have to accommodate racist white women, ever. Or any anti-Black racists of any stripe or station.

Take it from someone who has had to work with these types of people. :problem: They drag down the organization with their karenism.

She should have her license pulled, her position stripped. Either way, she'll get hired on by Fox as a consultant and make bank publishing some confederate victimhood memior about her ordeal on Regnery, anyway, blah.

~ Ida B. Wells