Should this racist judge resign?

News and events of the day
marindem01

Re: Should this racist judge resign?

Post by marindem01 »

carmenjonze wrote: Wed Dec 15, 2021 5:00 pm Ha, must say, I disagree wholeheartedly.

No Black law firm should have to accommodate racist white women, ever. Or any anti-Black racists of any stripe or station.

She should have her license pulled, her position stripped. Either way, she'll get hired on by Fox as a consultant and publish some confederate victimhood book about her ordeal on Regnery, anyway.
Right now, as it stands she is publicly humiliated. She could face a judicial disciplinary panel and/or judicial review for her language. Yes, I agree she should be fired or forced resign, but for that happen she will have face a disciplinary panel. Removing a judge is not the easiest thing to do.

There legal proceedings that will have to take place. She will be just removed from office. That is sad fact of the matter.
Love of Country is not Blind Patriotism. It is not devotion to one person or one party. It is knowing fighting for your country is single most important thing you can do. Do not accept the notion violence is the answer.
Libertas

Post by Libertas »

carmenjonze wrote: Wed Dec 15, 2021 3:56 pm Of course greenbutt can relate, since he has been given second chance after second chance after second chance around here.

This person does not belong on this board, and neither does that confederate Glennfs, who has the same history.
And greenbutt has had opportunity after opportunity to admit what he or she did. To come right out and say "Yeah, you got me, I am sorry!"

Now I dont know who would have forgiven them at that point, personally I wont speak to cons, but most everybody else here does.

My saying I wont speak to them is in no way a criticism of those who do, in fact truth be told they take too much out of me. I used to "assume" when they said something there had to be a grain of truth to it or some basis for it, and I would do the research they refused to do and so on, but 9 times out of 10 it turned out they were just making shit up or using sources that no sane person would rely on. So I got exhausted dealing with them.
I sigh in your general direction.
carmenjonze

Post by carmenjonze »

marindem01 wrote: Wed Dec 15, 2021 5:19 pm Right now, as it stands she is publicly humiliated. She could face a judicial disciplinary panel and/or judicial review for her language. Yes, I agree she should be fired or forced resign, but for that happen she will have face a disciplinary panel. Removing a judge is not the easiest thing to do.

There legal proceedings that will have to take place. She will be just removed from office. That is sad fact of the matter.
Yes and that's good. Removal from office is what is needed the most. Just so long as she's not in any type of position of power over others.

The way to right wrongs is to
Shine the light of truth on them.

~ Ida B. Wells

Post by carmenjonze »

Libertas wrote: Wed Dec 15, 2021 5:23 pm And greenbutt has had opportunity after opportunity to admit what he or she did. To come right out and say "Yeah, you got me, I am sorry!"

Now I dont know who would have forgiven them at that point, personally I wont speak to cons, but most everybody else here does.

My saying I wont speak to them is in no way a criticism of those who do, in fact truth be told they take too much out of me. I used to "assume" when they said something there had to be a grain of truth to it or some basis for it, and I would do the research they refused to do and so on, but 9 times out of 10 it turned out they were just making shit up or using sources that no sane person would rely on. So I got exhausted dealing with them.
I don't blame you at all. I don't really talk to them, either. Their posts deserve countering with facts, though And their posts are really good vehicles for jumping off into facts and the sources to back them up.

IDC what they think about the facts. They are writeoffs, and so are their reactionary opinions.

~ Ida B. Wells

Post by marindem01 »

carmenjonze wrote: Wed Dec 15, 2021 5:28 pm Yes and that's good. Removal from office is what is needed the most. Just so long as she's not in any type of position of power over others.
She would never voluntarily resign. Being forced to resign is iffy at best. Judicial Review would lift her law license, but that can only happen after disciplinary action.
Love of Country is not Blind Patriotism. It is not devotion to one person or one party. It is knowing fighting for your country is single most important thing you can do. Do not accept the notion violence is the answer.
carmenjonze

Post by carmenjonze »

marindem01 wrote: Wed Dec 15, 2021 5:45 pm She would never voluntarily resign. Being forced to resign is iffy at best. Judicial Review would lift her law license, but that can only happen after disciplinary action.
Well, this is the level of depravity we're dealing with. This person and the cons around here don't see her as having done anything wrong.

This is the basis of the problem.

~ Ida B. Wells

Post by Libertas »

carmenjonze wrote: Wed Dec 15, 2021 5:50 pm Well, this is the level of depravity we're dealing with. This person and the cons around here don't see her as having done anything wrong.

My point I have been trying to make everywhere for years...that when HALF of the people who actually vote, i.e. trumpers, care NOTHING about truth, facts, justice or the rule of law, you have nowhere to go.

The ONLY reason our system of justice, our rule of law governance has worked this long is that at least up to a point, everyone agreed that you cant just deny the outcome of an election and change it to what you want.
marindem01

Post by marindem01 »

carmenjonze wrote: Wed Dec 15, 2021 5:50 pm Well, this is the level of depravity we're dealing with. This person and the cons around here don't see her as having done anything wrong.

Agreed. Her language is learned behavior, something that she would use behind closed doors and out of range other ears. Her children suffer this of hateful bile everyday. I feel sorry for them,
Bludogdem

Post by Bludogdem »

bradman wrote: Wed Dec 15, 2021 3:33 pm Agreed.

Her move.
“How can a judge be removed? Louisiana Supreme Court issues statement“

“ Under the Louisiana Constitution, the Louisiana Supreme Court cannot discipline a judge (including removal from office) unless it first receives a recommendation from the Judiciary Commission of Louisiana, which may only occur after an investigation by the Commission and an evidentiary hearing before the Commission. These hearings are open to the public.”

https://www.klfy.com/top-stories-news/h ... -comments/
carmenjonze

Post by carmenjonze »

Bludogdem wrote: Wed Dec 15, 2021 7:07 pm “How can a judge be removed? Louisiana Supreme Court issues statement“

“ Under the Louisiana Constitution, the Louisiana Supreme Court cannot discipline a judge (including removal from office) unless it first receives a recommendation from the Judiciary Commission of Louisiana, which may only occur after an investigation by the Commission and an evidentiary hearing before the Commission. These hearings are open to the public.”

https://www.klfy.com/top-stories-news/h ... -comments/
Yes, I get that you guys need for another anti-Black judge to stay right where they are.

~ Ida B. Wells

Post by marindem01 »

NO Carmen, I know what she did was wrong. But I also know that her resigning ain't gonna happen. Removing her (she does not deserve to be a judge) involves hearings and judicial review. The Louisiana Bar can strip her of he law license making impossible to be a judge. But the Louisiana Bar has to act first.

One cannot just fire a sitting judge. I wish that were not the case, but it is. She has a position of power within her State and the only way to remove her means going through process that rigged against the people bringing the complaint. Her conduct was disgusting. She can take her half-assed apology and stuff it. Her private behavior demonstrates her inability to a fair and impartial jurist.

I want her gone. Doing that is going to difficult. The State is dragging its feet on purpose. Slow walking this is just another way to make it go away and it won't.
carmenjonze

Post by carmenjonze »

marindem01 wrote: Thu Dec 16, 2021 10:47 am NO Carmen, I know what she did was wrong. But I also know that her resigning ain't gonna happen. Removing her (she does not deserve to be a judge) involves hearings and judicial review. The Louisiana Bar can strip her of he law license making impossible to be a judge. But the Louisiana Bar has to act first.

One cannot just fire a sitting judge. I wish that were not the case, but it is. She has a position of power within her State and the only way to remove her means going through process that rigged against the people bringing the complaint. Her conduct was disgusting. She can take her half-assed apology and stuff it. Her private behavior demonstrates her inability to a fair and impartial jurist.

I want her gone. Doing that is going to difficult. The State is dragging its feet on purpose. Slow walking this is just another way to make it go away and it won't.
No, I understand there is a process at work here but the original q, which none of these cons have answered because they are cowards, was whether or not she should step down.

They don’t think she should resign, why should a flagrantly anti-Black judge resign, whatever for??

That’s the level of mendacity we’re faced with from these people.

~ Ida B. Wells

Post by marindem01 »

carmenjonze wrote: Thu Dec 16, 2021 12:12 pm No, I understand there is a process at work here but the original q, which none of these cons have answered because they are cowards, was whether or not she should step down.

They don’t think she should resign, why should a flagrantly anti-Black judge resign, whatever for??

That’s the level of mendacity we’re faced with from these people.
Louisiana is still very much a racist state. Removing White Racist is not going to happen is there a huge amount of public blow back. Her back handed non-apology apology will set fine with the racist population. She made all the right noises. That's about it.
carmenjonze

Post by carmenjonze »

marindem01 wrote: Thu Dec 16, 2021 12:44 pm Louisiana is still very much a racist state. Removing White Racist is not going to happen is there a huge amount of public blow back. Her back handed non-apology apology will set fine with the racist population. She made all the right noises. That's about it.
Yes I realize that, but my point is different.

~ Ida B. Wells

Post by Number6 »

Drak wrote: Wed Dec 15, 2021 3:43 pm This isn’t a one off. People don’t say vile racist things like this unless they mean them. And she’s doing the typical conservative tactic of blaming her actions on something else, in this case, a sedative. Sedatives don’t make you say things you don’t mean. Neither does alcohol. You can’t be a fair and balanced judge, a huge responsibility, if you’re racist. She needs to resign.
The phrase "in vino veritas" (in wine there is truth] comes to mind. I can understand how an owner of a car could react to someone trying burglar their vehicle and what is in her heart/mind is comes out just as if they had too much alcohol. As for the sedative, who gave her the sedative and, although it's possible, how does a sedative wipe out a recent memory? I've had sedatives for dental work and colonoscopies where I was completely out but my memory was never affected.

In the OP link, a voice on the video said mom shouted the N-word. It's unclear who said it but since the reference was to "mom" it's reasonable to attribute to Odinet. As a judge, she is suppose to be impartial but what will happen if a Black person facing charges is brought to her court, how can she guarantee she'll be impartial. She can't and I doubt she'll only be able to see White people facing charges. No doubt, and lawyer with a Black client found guilty in her court would be looking at appealing the verdict and/or sentence based upon her using the N-word as biased towards Blacks.
When you vote left, you vote right.
carmenjonze

Post by carmenjonze »

Number6 wrote: Thu Dec 16, 2021 1:38 pmI can understand how an owner of a car could react to someone trying burglar their vehicle and what is in her heart/mind is comes out just as if they had too much alcohol.
These things are truth serums. There is no excuse for it.
No doubt, and lawyer with a Black client found guilty in her court would be looking at appealing the verdict and/or sentence based upon her using the N-word as biased towards Blacks.
It's not just "blacks."

If this stuff comes flowing out of her trap about us, it calls into question what she thinks of everyone else.

~ Ida B. Wells

Post by carmenjonze »

F. this dirty bigot.

Louisiana judge to take unpaid leave after home video captures racial slurs - NBC News
A Louisiana judge will go on unpaid leave after a video from her home captured people repeatedly using racial slurs following a burglary attempt, her lawyer said Wednesday.

Lafayette City Court Judge Michelle Odinet will temporarily step down Thursday, according to her lawyer, Dane Ciolino.

“She is humiliated, embarrassed and sorry for what she’s done and the trouble she’s caused to the community,” Ciolino said. "Tomorrow, she’s going on interim leave without pay. And as far as what'll happen in the longer term, she’ll have to deal with that in the weeks to come.”

The move comes after leaders and activists, including the president of the local chapter of the NAACP, called for Odinet’s resignation.

“If something happens in your house, you are responsible for it,” City Marshal Reggie Thomas said, according to NBC affiliate KLAF of Lafayette. “When something like that is said from a leader, then it has to be addressed.”
In a separate text message to another local newspaper, the Acadiana Advocate, Odinete said the "situation highlighted and confirmed a suspected substance abuse issue our son is having."
Huh.

Ok.

~ Ida B. Wells

Post by marindem01 »

Michelle Odinet has requested an Unpaid Leave of Absence.

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/michelle ... 7224744930.

Public Humiliation and outrage works. I doubt if she will be returning. If she does return to the practice of law, I wonder what Law Firm would hire her.
carmenjonze

Post by carmenjonze »

marindem01 wrote: Thu Dec 16, 2021 2:10 pm Michelle Odinet has requested an Unpaid Leave of Absence.

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/michelle ... 7224744930.

Public Humiliation and outrage works. I doubt if she will be returning. If she does return to the practice of law, I wonder what Law Firm would hire her.
She'll be the next speaker at CPAC about cancel culture and political correctness and CRT, just watch.

~ Ida B. Wells

Post by Libertas »

carmenjonze wrote: Thu Dec 16, 2021 2:28 pm She'll be the next speaker at CPAC about cancel culture and political correctness and CRT, just watch.
Of course.

And this is why anytime any comedian says those two words together, “cancel culture“, I tweet to them and tell them that there is no such thing and that making people accountable is not cancel culture.

And I think you were the first one to say this a long time ago, thank you.
Number6

Post by Number6 »

More fallout for the Odinet family. Now her son has been kicked off the Louisiana State University’s track team for allegedly encouraging his mom’s offensive behavior.

Also, the Louisiana Supreme Court has suspended Judge Odinet from practicing any judiciary duties.
The son of the Louisiana judge—who went viral this week for shouting racist slurs in a video—has been kicked off of his track and field team for allegedly encouraging his mom’s offensive behavior.

Meanwhile, his mom is under investigation and has been disqualified by the Louisiana Supreme Court.

On Thursday, ABC 2 Baton Rouge reported that Elijah Odinet had been removed from Louisiana State University’s track team, just hours after his mom, Lafayette City Court Judge Michelle Odinet, went on administrative leave.

On Friday, Odinet was barred from the state Supreme Court, meaning that she cannot practice any judiciary duties. According to The Advocate, the judge requested the disqualification and will not be paid during the suspension.
The Daily Beast
carmenjonze

Post by carmenjonze »

Number6 wrote: Fri Dec 17, 2021 12:53 pm More fallout for the Odinet family. Now her son has been kicked off the Louisiana State University’s track team for allegedly encouraging his mom’s offensive behavior.

Also, the Louisiana Supreme Court has suspended Judge Odinet from practicing any judiciary duties.
bye

~ Ida B. Wells

Post by Number6 »

carmenjonze wrote: Fri Dec 17, 2021 1:00 pmbye
No doubt they'll claim to be victims of "cancel culture" rather than accept responsibility for they actions.
carmenjonze

Post by carmenjonze »

Number6 wrote: Fri Dec 17, 2021 1:09 pm No doubt they'll claim to be victims of "cancel culture" rather than accept responsibility for they actions.
cancel culture political correctness 1619 trans girls on the sports team CRT intersectionality communismsocialism

~ Ida B. Wells

Post by Libertas »

Number6 wrote: Fri Dec 17, 2021 12:53 pm More fallout for the Odinet family. Now her son has been kicked off the Louisiana State University’s track team for allegedly encouraging his mom’s offensive behavior.

I am surprised either of them suffered any repercussion, especially where they are.

But happy that they will suffer accordingly.

We will find out soon enough how many Americans will just stand by while POC or Gay folks or liberals in general are attacked for who they are, physically. Personally I say we dont let them even start doing it.