Seeking Power in Jesus’ Name. The Patriot Church

News and events of the day
carmenjonze

Re: Seeking Power in Jesus’ Name. The Patriot Church

Post by carmenjonze »

Drak wrote: Wed Oct 27, 2021 8:43 pm I mean, come on. The mysterious caravan of 2018 didn't even make sense when the GOP controlled the WH, Senate and House at the time. But they were blaming Democrats for the "invaders and gangs along with ISIS that were coming up from the Mexican border!" Then it just disappeared when the election was over. It's just so stupid and dumb.
Never fails to rile up the hayseeds.

The way to right wrongs is to
Shine the light of truth on them.

~ Ida B. Wells

Post by JoeMemphis »

Drak wrote: Wed Oct 27, 2021 8:37 pm The Democratic Party doesn't favor an open border policy. Those are lies.

As soon as Joe Biden stepped into the WH the GOP predictably started amping up a "crisis at the border." I've been following along. What crisis at the border suddenly happened that wasn't already there as soon as Biden took office? We had Ted Cruz, Gov Abbott and Lindsey Graham along with a few other clowns wearing military gear and riding around on a patrol boat looking for attention and photo ops within the first few weeks. And it's being amped up and going on ever since. It proves my point. The GOP doesn't run on anything other that whipping the base up into a lather of fear and hate.
Please Drak.

Even your own folks admit it’s bad. Grudgingly but I’ve heard them refer to the crisis at the border. So maybe it’s not a problem from your point of view. However, there’s quite a few folks who don’t think it’s fake at all including some in your party. But if you think it’s a good policy, let’s see how many people run on it next year.
sam lefthand

Post by sam lefthand »

Two posts next to each other, in the first you bully for open borders:
carmenjonze wrote: Wed Oct 27, 2021 8:50 pm He's doing fine to people whose relatives already came here illegally, and will never have to worry about la migra.
In the second you insist open borders is a canard with a forked serpent tongue:
The people who argue for open borders are libertarians. For the rest, "open borders" is a canard. Rightwingers use it and mindless fanbois like Sam Lefthand parrot them.
Gibberish.

:|
carmenjonze

Post by carmenjonze »

JoeMemphis wrote: Wed Oct 27, 2021 9:07 pm Please Drak.

Even your own folks admit it’s bad. Grudgingly but I’ve heard them refer to the crisis at the border. So maybe it’s not a problem from your point of view. However, there’s quite a few folks who don’t think it’s fake at all including some in your party. But if you think it’s a good policy, let’s see how many people run on it next year.
Don't try to obscure the problem. The mainstream conservative position on Biden's immigration policies is that it's too libbrul, to the extent that the Whole Foods Post is quoting white nationalist anti-immigrant organizations as if they're legitimate. :roll:

This is the crap you guys pull.

viewtopic.php?p=975#p975

Daniel Alvarenga
@puchicadanny

Nothing like citing a Southern Poverty Law Center designated hate group on immigration. Classy
@washingtonpost

https://twitter.com/puchicadanny/status ... 7138464768

Center for Immigration Studies is a John Tanton outfit. John Tanton was one of the dirtiest white nationalists this country has ever produced.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Tanton

~ Ida B. Wells

Post by carmenjonze »

sam lefthand wrote: Wed Oct 27, 2021 10:19 pm... open borders

open borders ...
^ baseless conservative scare term, utilized by the target market for anti-immigrant propaganda.

Don't be the target market for anti-immigrant propaganda.

~ Ida B. Wells

Post by sam lefthand »

carmenjonze wrote: Wed Oct 27, 2021 10:27 pm ^ baseless conservative scare term, utilized by the target market for anti-immigrant propaganda.

Don't be the target market for anti-immigrant propaganda.
If Obama says it I can say it.

Obama says Haitian migrants' plight is 'heartbreaking,' but Biden knows system is broken
Some Democrats have criticized the Biden administration's handing of the crisis.

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/obama-h ... d=80267478

At the link there is a video of this Obama interview.
"It's no secret that we don't have that [right yet}*. It's the reason I proposed comprehensive immigration reform. It's the reason Joe Biden proposed it during his administration, and it's something that is long overdue," Obama told "Good Morning America" co-anchor Robin Roberts in an exclusive interview that aired Tuesday morning.

"As big-hearted as he is, nobody understands that better than Joe Biden," Obama added. "And the question is now: Are we gonna get serious about dealing with this problem in a systemic way, as opposed to these one-offs where we're constantly reacting to emergencies? And I think that that's something that every American should wanna put an end to."

"Immigration is tough. It always has been because, on the one hand, I think we are naturally a people that wants to help others. And we see tragedy and hardship and families that are desperately trying to get here so that their kids are safe, and they're in some cases fleeing violence or catastrophe," Obama said. ["At the same time, we're a nation state. We have borders. The idea that we can just have open borders is something that ... as a practical matter, is unsustainable."
* See the video at about 3:20
carmenjonze

Post by carmenjonze »

sam lefthand wrote: Wed Oct 27, 2021 10:53 pm If Obama says it I can say it.
Parrot.

~ Ida B. Wells

Post by sam lefthand »

carmenjonze wrote: Thu Oct 28, 2021 12:27 amParrot.
carmenjonze

Post by carmenjonze »

sam lefthand wrote: Thu Oct 28, 2021 12:37 am

These Pastors Are Telling People Trump Is Still President and Are Ready for War - Vice
The Patriot Church movement wants to put Christianity back at the heart of American life... and Donald Trump back in the White House.

Peters is the head of a year-old movement called the Patriot Church, a network of four—soon to be six—churches that appear to put the worship of Trump on par with worshipping God.

To accomplish his primary mission of putting Christianity back at the heart of American life, Peters looks to the past for inspiration. He’s guided by the words of the Founding Fathers, for example, but he also takes inspiration from a group of radical preachers known as the Black-Robed Regiment.

During the Revolutionary War, these pastors “arose and led their congregations into the battle for freedom,” according to a website dedicated to a modern-day version of the organization.

However, just like Peters’ surefire belief that the election was stolen from Trump last year, his belief that pastors took up arms and led a violent revolution against the British is equally baseless.

The mythic Black-Robed Regiment is a fiction. The belief that there were groups of Christian ministers who took up arms against the British and led their congregants to war is based on thinly sourced and misinterpreted stories. The claims made by those who ascribe to the Black-Robed Regiment today have been widely debunked, and even the name itself is a misquotation.

But fictitious or not, Peters and a growing number of pastors like him are now using the myth of the Black-Robed Regiment as a rallying cry, spreading the lie about stolen elections to inflame and incite their congregations to be prepared for a coming civil war, a battle of good versus evil where they fight back against what they see as the tyranny of the left.

~ Ida B. Wells

Post by carmenjonze »

Evangelicals Are 'Listening' to Republicans Over Scripture, Religion Scholar Says - Newsweek
Dr. Anthea Butler, a professor and chair of religious studies at the University of Pennsylvania, made the assessment during a Wednesday interview with MSNBC host Joy-Ann Reid. During the segment, the professor addressed the conspiracy theory touted by some prominent conservatives that Democrats want more immigrants to come to replace Republican and white voters.

"One of the things I think is really important about this is, you look at the statistics about white evangelicals right now, they are the least likely group to want to welcome immigrants, which flies in the face of what their Christian doctrine is supposed to be, that you welcome the stranger, right?" Butler said.

"You're supposed to do that as a Christian. But they're not listening to what Scripture says. What they are listening to is what the Republican Party says," the professor asserted.

Back in April, Butler also raised her concerns about white evangelicals during a webinar entitled White Evangelical Racism: The Politics of Morality in America.

"As much as I hate to say this, I'm going to put it this way, if evangelicals don't change, they pose an existential crisis to us all," the religious scholar said.
Agreed. Conservative white Evangelicals are a not just a threat to US democracy (pro tip: it's part of their goal to be), they are now a public health hazard.

~ Ida B. Wells

Post by carmenjonze »

gounion wrote: Wed Oct 27, 2021 10:00 am
Let's remember about gay marriage - the horrors put upon gays in our history is caused by laws based upon religion. Nothing else.
Well, conservative religion, western pseudoscience, and until the past generation the medical profession, the mental health professions, the eugenics boards...those things and the laws based on them were decidedly not informed by religion. Same for scientific racism.

~ Ida B. Wells

Post by marindem01 »

Obama says Haitian migrants' plight is 'heartbreaking,' but Biden knows system is broken
Some Democrats have criticized the Biden administration's handing of the crisis.

President Obama was in no way advocating, supporting and/or condoning "Open Borders" and you know it. Nor have Democrats ever advocated, supported or condoned "Open Borders."

The lie is more fun to tell, it scares people and brings in donors.
Love of Country is not Blind Patriotism. It is not devotion to one person or one party. It is knowing fighting for your country is single most important thing you can do. Do not accept the notion violence is the answer.
sam lefthand

Post by sam lefthand »

marindem01 wrote: Thu Oct 28, 2021 9:25 am President Obama was in no way advocating, supporting and/or condoning "Open Borders" and you know it. Nor have Democrats ever advocated, supported or condoned "Open Borders."

The lie is more fun to tell, it scares people and brings in donors.
Of course not, It's Carmen who seems to be pushing for what I would call an open border policy. She seems to think everyone who comes to the border ought to be allowed to pass through it and stay, How can that be interpreted as being anything but an open border policy?

I'm not so sure that she's a very good Democrat the way she runs our elected Democrats like Biden and Harris down so. There's no reasoning with her.

marindem01

Post by marindem01 »

sam lefthand wrote: Thu Oct 28, 2021 9:35 am Of course not, It's Carmen who seems to be pushing for what I would call an open border policy. She seems to think everyone who comes to the border ought to be allowed to pass through it and stay, How can that be interpreted as being anything but an open border policy?

I'm not so sure that she's a very good Democrat the way she runs our elected Democrats like Biden and Harris down so. There's no reasoning with her.

Then stop using "Obama said it". Your words not mine. You are pushing a fucking lie and you know you are pushing a fucking. Do not blame Carmen when she uses the language you used in your post.
Love of Country is not Blind Patriotism. It is not devotion to one person or one party. It is knowing fighting for your country is single most important thing you can do. Do not accept the notion violence is the answer.
sam lefthand

Post by sam lefthand »

marindem01 wrote: Thu Oct 28, 2021 9:52 am Then using "Obama said it". Your words not mine. You are pushing a fucking lie and you know you are pushing a fucking. Do not blame Carmen when she uses the language you used in your post.
You're being daft.

I quoted him exactly in my post, Obama said, "The idea that we can just have open borders is something that ... as a practical matter, is unsustainable."
carmenjonze

Post by carmenjonze »

sam lefthand wrote: Thu Oct 28, 2021 9:35 am… open border policy …
Conservative canard. Your illegal family didn’t care about borders. I don’t even talk in those terms.
If by good Democrat you mean a braindead yes-man like you, I’m glad you don’t think so.

I don’t run down Biden and Harris, it’s people like you who think being a so-called good Democrat means mindlessly rubberstamp every single policy coming out of the administration.

Unquestioning cultists have no standing to judge anyone else’s sense of reason.
Last edited by carmenjonze on Thu Oct 28, 2021 11:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

~ Ida B. Wells

Post by gounion »

sam lefthand wrote: Thu Oct 28, 2021 9:56 am You're being daft.

I quoted him exactly in my post, Obama said, "The idea that we can just have open borders is something that ... as a practical matter, is unsustainable."
It’s funny to me. Think about this for a moment: We’ve been cracking down on undocumented immigrants. We seem to be doing a good job of it.

And suddenly, We can’t find anyone willing to do low-wage jobs.

Do you think there’s any kind of correlation there? ;)
carmenjonze

Post by carmenjonze »

marindem01 wrote: Thu Oct 28, 2021 9:52 am Then stop using "Obama said it". Your words not mine. You are pushing a fucking lie and you know you are pushing a fucking. Do not blame Carmen when she uses the language you used in your post.
He is very uncomfortable with the idea that Biden administration policies can be criticized by constituents. Unsurprisingly, Mister Civility who thinks Ds ought to capitulate to the most ruthless people in this country also peddles a conservative, cultish, Republican understanding of party politics.

Plus, “Obama said it” is meaningless, anyway. His immigration policies around deportations were just as crappy as Biden’s.

~ Ida B. Wells

Post by marindem01 »

sam lefthand wrote: Thu Oct 28, 2021 9:56 am You're being daft.

You attack me for using your language Sam, is that you answer. You wrote "Obama said it". You cannot attack me or Carmen for that matter for simply using your words Sam.

He was NOT advocating Open Borders, no Democrat is. You are doing what you always do, dance around what you said and when caught out you attack.

You are Conservative Talking Points. Do not expect to given free reign when you do.
marindem01

Post by marindem01 »

carmenjonze wrote: Thu Oct 28, 2021 11:27 am He is very uncomfortable with the idea that Biden administration policies can be criticized by constituents. Unsurprisingly, Mister Civility who thinks Ds ought to capitulate to the most ruthless people in this country also peddles a conservative, cultish, Republican understanding of party politics.

Plus, “Obama said it” is meaningless, anyway. His immigration policies around deportations were just as crappy as Biden’s.
Yeah, but Mr. Obama is Black. Which changes everything......or so Cons think.
marindem01

Post by marindem01 »

Standard RW Bullshit. We both Mr. Obama was not advocating for Open Borders. But as long as he said, you can say it. Then when you are using it, you attack. Typical.
sam lefthand

Post by sam lefthand »

gounion wrote: Thu Oct 28, 2021 11:19 am It’s funny to me. Think about this for a moment: We’ve been cracking down on undocumented immigrants. We seem to be doing a good job of it.

Democrats always are more competent than Republicans at anything.

I've actually mentioned that about that correlation factor GoUnion. About a week, maybe 10 days ago I brought it up.

One would think that might have business Republicans getting in line to increase the immigration quotas through voting for an immigration reform, but no it doesn't because it's Trumps signature issue to block that.
Libertas

Post by Libertas »

gounion wrote: Thu Oct 28, 2021 11:19 am It’s funny to me. Think about this for a moment: We’ve been cracking down on undocumented immigrants. We seem to be doing a good job of it.

Without these people our system will collapse.

But cons, ALL of them will choose hate and racism first, and then when it is clear we need them and it is affecting their daily life, they will change their tune only long enough to get them to do the work, then they will attack them again.

I wonder how our longshorepeople are doing, did Biden send in help on the docks? I am still amazed at this, a typical longshoreperson makes a LOT of money compared to most, and they should, but they would never choose unemployment over wages because of the huge gap.
I sigh in your general direction.
sam lefthand

Post by sam lefthand »

marindem01 wrote: Thu Oct 28, 2021 11:46 am You attack me for using your language Sam, is that you answer. You wrote "Obama said it". You cannot attack me or Carmen for that matter for simply using your words Sam.

He was NOT advocating Open Borders, no Democrat is. You are doing what you always do, dance around what you said and when caught out you attack.

You are Conservative Talking Points. Do not expect to given free reign when you do.
Yeah, Obama said the two words Carmen get all rumpled over, "open borders" she acts like it is taboo to say those words. It's not taboo, it's not a "RW canard"

If Obama can say "open borders" then I can say "open borders" He said "open borders" i quoted him say it, there is video.

I'll say it several more times for effect:

"Open borders", "open borders", "open borders", "open borders", "open borders", "open borders", "open borders", "open borders"!

So there.

:D
gounion

Post by gounion »

sam lefthand wrote: Thu Oct 28, 2021 12:16 pm Democrats always are more competent than Republicans at anything.

I've actually mentioned that about that correlation factor GoUnion. About a week, maybe 10 days ago I brought it up.

One would think that might have business Republicans getting in line to increase the immigration quotas through voting for an immigration reform, but no it doesn't because it's Trumps signature issue to block that.
They don't want LEGAL immigrants. If they get those, they have rights and they can unionize. Only when they are undocumented, the corporations have power over them, and can do things like pay sub-minimum wages, and ignore all regulations on employees, because they can threaten to have them deported.