Welcome to phpBB3

News and events of the day
plunderer
Site Admin

Welcome to phpBB3

Post by plunderer »

This is an example post in your phpBB3 installation. Everything seems to be working. You may delete this post if you like and continue to set up your board. During the installation process your first category and your first forum are assigned an appropriate set of permissions for the predefined usergroups administrators, bots, global moderators, guests, registered users and registered COPPA users. If you also choose to delete your first category and your first forum, do not forget to assign permissions for all these usergroups for all new categories and forums you create. It is recommended to rename your first category and your first forum and copy permissions from these while creating new categories and forums. Have fun!
sam lefthand

Re: Welcome to phpBB3

Post by sam lefthand »

Thanks Plunderer for working through Saturday night into the wee hours, and much of today to fix the board back up for us.

:)

Clearly the data base files were overwhelmed, perhaps lost. I don't care about the old data files at all. In fact having them lost removes a worry that my real life name, and exactly where I live could be compromised because over time those personal comments I make about my real life add details, making it so someone from the outside could possibly figure out from them who I am, and find my actual address.

I've seen another older BB board build up too much data in it's files, and because of that become slow and unstable. A good pruning of the files seems to bring back the performance of older boards.

A clean rebuild will prevent a lot of those duplicate posts some members have been experiencing for the last couple years, which are largely due to slow response time of the board.

:D
ap215

Post by ap215 »

Good to see you plunderer sorry to see the old board went down sometimes we need to start things fresh & do over the new board is pretty cool keep up the good work & do what's best for the group.
47of74

Post by 47of74 »

Thanks for getting this all up and running again! As you can see I've got my account going again.
marindem01

Post by marindem01 »

Hey 47, good to see you.
Love of Country is not Blind Patriotism. It is not devotion to one person or one party. It is knowing fighting for your country is single most important thing you can do. Do not accept the notion violence is the answer.
Libertas

Post by Libertas »

delete dupe

Delete option only exists until another posts come up I see.
Last edited by Libertas on Mon Oct 25, 2021 11:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
I sigh in your general direction.
Libertas

Post by Libertas »

plunderer wrote: Sun Oct 24, 2021 12:03 pm This is an example post in your phpBB3 installation. Everything seems to be working. You may delete this post if you like and continue to set up your board. During the installation process your first category and your first forum are assigned an appropriate set of permissions for the predefined usergroups administrators, bots, global moderators, guests, registered users and registered COPPA users. If you also choose to delete your first category and your first forum, do not forget to assign permissions for all these usergroups for all new categories and forums you create. It is recommended to rename your first category and your first forum and copy permissions from these while creating new categories and forums. Have fun!
Whatever happened, THANK YOU for not just walking away when it happened, which most folks would do considering you dont get much personal pleasure out of this place I bet.

Thanks again!
I sigh in your general direction.