FBI executes search warrant at Trump’s Mar-a-Lago, former President says

News and events of the day
Drak

Re: FBI executes search warrant at Trump’s Mar-a-Lago, former President says

Post by Drak »

Laurie Garrett @Laurie_Garrett
The name & address of the judge who issued the #MarALago search warrant leaked out, and now, spurred by #Republican political leaders, right wing groups are calling for execution of the judge, and of many leading #Democrats.

The Washington Post @washingtonpost

Within hours of the search at Mar-a-Lago, a chorus of Republican lawmakers, conservative talk-show hosts, anti-government provocateurs and pro-Trump conspiracy theorists began issuing explicit or thinly veiled calls for violence. https://wapo.st/3Acv3kI

https://mobile.twitter.com/Laurie_Garre ... 6185372678
"Some of those that work forces,
Are the same that burn crosses"

- Rage Against the Machine
carmenjonze

Post by carmenjonze »

Libertas wrote: Wed Aug 10, 2022 1:16 pm 40% of America KNOWS that evidence was planted now, in that as CERTAIN they are the election was stolen, they are now certain of this. When Newt Gingrich and Lindsey Graham go down the MAGA road, they all but end any chance we have. It will REQUIRE high profile repubs to prevent the full on fascism.
They’re the ones who started and nurtured this, pretending as Glennfs does to be sensible conservatives. :?

They also know that if they try it, they will end up getting Mike Pence’d by these pitchfork and torches tea party maga Silvershirts.

The way to right wrongs is to
Shine the light of truth on them.

~ Ida B. Wells

Post by Libertas »

Drak wrote: Wed Aug 10, 2022 2:54 pm Laurie Garrett @Laurie_Garrett
The name & address of the judge who issued the #MarALago search warrant leaked out, and now, spurred by #Republican political leaders, right wing groups are calling for execution of the judge, and of many leading #Democrats.

The Washington Post @washingtonpost

Within hours of the search at Mar-a-Lago, a chorus of Republican lawmakers, conservative talk-show hosts, anti-government provocateurs and pro-Trump conspiracy theorists began issuing explicit or thinly veiled calls for violence. https://wapo.st/3Acv3kI

https://mobile.twitter.com/Laurie_Garre ... 6185372678
Yep...it has begun.
I sigh in your general direction.
ProfX

Post by ProfX »

BTW, though Magistrate Justice Bruce Reinhart was made a Judge in 2018, he was not appointed by Trump (though it did occur during his presidency).

People are claiming that back when he was an attorney, he represented Jeff Epstein. That claim is false, although he did represent at least two of Epstein's employees.

Just remember, all defendants in this country are entitled to legal representation. There is no asterisk there.

People are saying he's a Democrat. Maybe. Public records show he has donated to both Democrats and Republicans.

He is Jewish, and a board member of Temple Beth David in WPB. I've been to that synagogue.
"Don't believe every quote attributed to people on the Internet" -- Abraham Lincoln :D
Libertas

Post by Libertas »

Seen on twitter
Breaking: The FBI has seized Chuck Grassley's carrier pigeon
carmenjonze

Post by carmenjonze »

~ Ida B. Wells

Post by ProfX »

Far-Right Extremists Are Violently Threatening the Trump Search-Warrant Judge
“Let's find out if he has children... where they go to school, where they live... EVERYTHING,” one person wrote on a message board where the judge’s address was posted.
https://www.vice.com/en/article/dy73pk/ ... art-doxxed

Far-right extremists on pro-Donald Trump message boards and social networks are making violent, antisemitic threats against the judge who reportedly signed the warrant that allowed the FBI to search the former president's Mar-a-Lago property in Florida.

Multiple members of these toxic online communities are even posting what appears to be Judge Bruce Reinhart’s home address, phone numbers, and names of his family members alongside threats of extreme violence. :|

“This is the piece of shit judge who approved FBI’s raid on Mar-a-Lago,” a user wrote on the pro-Trump message board formerly known as TheDonald. “I see a rope around his neck.”

Responding, another user wrote: “Idgaf [I don’t give a fuck] anymore. Name? Address? Put that shit all up on here.” Moments later, a different member replied with what appears to be Reinhart’s current address, phone numbers, previous addresses, and names of possible relatives.

In another post on the same message board, one user commented, “Let's find out if he has children....where they go to school, where they live...EVERYTHING.” :|

These threats of violence and antisemitic slurs on a range of platforms, including 4chan, Telegram, Gettr, Gab, and Trump’s own platforms called Truth Social, were first uncovered by Advance Democracy, a nonpartisan and nonprofit organization that conducts public-interest investigations.

“The threats against Judge Reinhart in the wake of the Mar-a-Lago raid are significant,” Daniel J. Jones, founder of Advance Democracy, told VICE News. “In addition to the antisemitic and violent slurs, we’re seeing his address and other personal information being shared online—with the implied or explicit purpose of ‘real-life’ action.”

A message board where a number of these threats were posted also happens to be the same one where many of those involved in the Jan. 6 Capitol riot posted threats of violence in the lead-up to Jan. 6.

[snip][end]
"Don't believe every quote attributed to people on the Internet" -- Abraham Lincoln :D
Drak

Post by Drak »

There’s now a report of an attack on the FBI in Cincinnati.

https://mobile.twitter.com/mynbc15/stat ... 7283736577

NBC 15 News @mynbc15
Attack on the FBI building in Cincinnati:
Interstate I71 North is shut down after suspect drove toward Waynesville Ohio. Unconfirmed reports say his now firing at police from a corn field.

https://mynbc15.com

gounion

Post by gounion »

Merrick Garland is getting ready to give a statement on the Mar-a-Lago situation. https://www.rawstory.com/attorney-gener ... statement/
Libertas

Post by Libertas »

Drak wrote: Thu Aug 11, 2022 10:25 am There’s now a report of an attack on the FBI in Cincinnati.

https://mobile.twitter.com/mynbc15/stat ... 7283736577

NBC 15 News @mynbc15
Attack on the FBI building in Cincinnati:
Interstate I71 North is shut down after suspect drove toward Waynesville Ohio. Unconfirmed reports say his now firing at police from a corn field.

https://mynbc15.com
viewtopic.php?t=1083

Cons are violent terrorists, all of them.
Libertas

Post by Libertas »

gounion wrote: Thu Aug 11, 2022 1:41 pm Merrick Garland is getting ready to give a statement on the Mar-a-Lago situation. https://www.rawstory.com/attorney-gener ... statement/
Randi Rhodes said day one (that it was reported in that she immediately said this) he probably stole nuke secrets...and it makes sense, he would sell them of course to our enemy. I said that part. I think she may be right about this.

Wont matter, cons will excuse it.

I get pissed at Randi daily because of her extreme ego and narcissism and how she talks down to her audience, but she is one of the brightest, self taught people I have ever heard, and she is always on the side of truth and justice.
Libertas

Post by Libertas »

The most shocking news item about a president, sitting or former, in United States history, and only one con has one comment? The rest not one word?
gounion

Post by gounion »

Libertas wrote: Thu Aug 11, 2022 2:35 pm The most shocking news item about a president, sitting or former, in United States history, and only one con has one comment? The rest not one word?
Well, to be fair Joe Memphis will tell you he hadn't heard of the FBI action, he has no idea what or where Mar-a-Logo is, and he hasn't even heard of a guy named Donald Trump! :lol: :lol: :lol:
gounion

Post by gounion »

So, AG Garland calls to unseal the search warrant. Boy, that's sure calling Trump out - Trump doesn't want that getting out, and may even cause Trump to ask the court NOT to unseal it, but if he does that, it sure hurts him with his base, showing he's got a lot to hide.

Nice move, Mr. Garland!
Libertas

Post by Libertas »

gounion wrote: Thu Aug 11, 2022 2:44 pm So, AG Garland calls to unseal the search warrant. Boy, that's sure calling Trump out - Trump doesn't want that getting out, and may even cause Trump to ask the court NOT to unseal it, but if he does that, it sure hurts him with his base, showing he's got a lot to hide.

Nice move, Mr. Garland!
Agree with all but one comment, it wont hurt with his base, for that matter with ANYONE still supporting the GOP because of or in spite of him, will never stop supporting him/MAGA.

I do believe the majority of Americans are on the left vs the right, over 65%, but how many VOTE is what matters!
Drak

Post by Drak »

The counter intelligence chief is in the brief to unseal the warrant.

https://www.courtlistener.com/docket/64 ... h-warrant/

ap215

Post by ap215 »

Threats of Violence Against FBI Agents Are ‘Absolutely Unacceptable,’ Says Federal Law Enforcement Group

An association that represents federal law enforcement denounced an onslaught of violent threats against FBI agents following the bureau’s search of former President Trump’s Mar-a-Lago club and residence in Florida on Monday.

Trump has been decrying what he calls a “raid” on his social media platform Truth Social and through his fundraising committee, as have users on pro-Trump websites and Republican lawmakers. Additionally, there has been an uptick in death threats against FBI agents, Attorney General Merrick Garland and FBI Director Christopher Wray, according to Fox News.

https://www.govexec.com/workforce/2022/ ... up/375712/
Libertas

Post by Libertas »

Drak wrote: Thu Aug 11, 2022 2:56 pm The counter intelligence chief is in the brief to unseal the warrant.

https://www.courtlistener.com/docket/64 ... h-warrant/

Yep, I posted this somewhere too.

Randi was right probably, he stole nuke or war stuff and was going to sell to our enemies. Or use to blackmail. We can say this without hesitation or fear of ridicule, that is who the GOP supports, someone who we EXPECT would do this, THINK about THAT!
Drak

Post by Drak »

Libertas wrote: Thu Aug 11, 2022 3:03 pm Yep, I posted this somewhere too.

Randi was right probably, he stole nuke or war stuff and was going to sell to our enemies.
I wonder if this might tie into the SA golf tournament he just hosted (handing over secrets, etc.). Timing seems to be there. Dunno.

Libertas

Post by Libertas »

Drak wrote: Thu Aug 11, 2022 3:04 pm I wonder if this might tie into the SA golf tournament he just hosted (handing over secrets, etc.). Timing seems to be there. Dunno.
Again, our conversation is REMARKABLE

UNHEARD OF

HISTORIC

To talk about a president who we KNOW would do this, how common the practice is but it is NOT! And we cant get a word from the cons...you see why I refuse to even acknowledge their existence.

And STILL No comment from cons other than one.

GOP: Unseal the warrant!!

DOJ: k

GOP: wait no

https://twitter.com/maxasteele/status/1 ... BFSD_K_X5g
Drak

Post by Drak »

gounion wrote: Thu Aug 11, 2022 2:41 pm Well, to be fair Joe Memphis will tell you he hadn't heard of the FBI action, he has no idea what or where Mar-a-Logo is, and he hasn't even heard of a guy named Donald Trump! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Remember how animated and concerned he was in the Afghanistan evac thread? That he wanted to get to the bottom of it and couldn't wait for investigations? But he doesn't care about J6, or the fact that Trump stole 27 boxes of highly classified top secret information etc.

Nope. It's all about Afghanistan, Benghazi, Uranium One, and Ronald McDonald.

Drak

Post by Drak »

Adam Kinzinger🇺🇦🇺🇸 @AdamKinzinger

Listening to Republicans attack law enforcement is wrong, dangerous, and shameful.

They will pick their cult leader over anything, but this is especially wrong.

Every Republican official who doesn’t agree with those attacks MUST speak out if there are any patriots left.

Nope. Not many patriots left in the GOP, at all.

Libertas

Post by Libertas »

Drak wrote: Thu Aug 11, 2022 3:49 pm Remember how animated and concerned he was in the Afghanistan evac thread? That he wanted to get to the bottom of it and couldn't wait for investigations? But he doesn't care about J6, or the fact that Trump stole 27 boxes of highly classified top secret information etc.

Nope. It's all about Afghanistan, Benghazi, Uranium One, and Ronald McDonald.
That is because patriotism and national security isnt what he/they care about. They care about owning the libs, nothing else. Well, owning the libs and making sure they can legally discriminate against Black people, Gay people etc.
carmenjonze

Post by carmenjonze »

Libertas wrote: Thu Aug 11, 2022 3:53 pm That is because patriotism and national security isnt what he/they care about. They care about owning the libs, nothing else. Well, owning the libs and making sure they can legally discriminate against Black people, Gay people etc.
I wonder why these people think we're going to put up with re-imposition of their discrimination.

I get that they think fellow so-called whites will go along with it, because it's happened before. But so has us beating them back, and bashing them back.

~ Ida B. Wells

Post by carmenjonze »

gounion wrote: Thu Aug 11, 2022 2:44 pm So, AG Garland calls to unseal the search warrant. Boy, that's sure calling Trump out - Trump doesn't want that getting out, and may even cause Trump to ask the court NOT to unseal it, but if he does that, it sure hurts him with his base, showing he's got a lot to hide.

Nice move, Mr. Garland!
Call the dirty fascists' bluff, back his criminal a$$ into a corner he can't get out of.

~ Ida B. Wells