FBI executes search warrant at Trump’s Mar-a-Lago, former President says

News and events of the day
Drak

Re: FBI executes search warrant at Trump’s Mar-a-Lago, former President says

Post by Drak »

https://www.yahoo.com/news/house-gop-ca ... 02081.html

—————————-

Republican House candidate Carl Paladino suggested on a radio show that Attorney General Merrick Garland “probably should be executed” following the FBI search of President Donald Trump’s Florida estate last week, according to The Buffalo News.

Garland “should not only be impeached, he probably should be executed,” Paladino said in an interview with a Breitbart radio host last week, according to the outlet.

—————————-

And then later stated he was kidding. No, he wasn’t kidding, and no, it’s not even funny. Threats against the FBI and DOJ are at an all time high.
"Some of those that work forces,
Are the same that burn crosses"

- Rage Against the Machine
Libertas

Post by Libertas »

Drak wrote: Thu Aug 18, 2022 1:50 pm https://www.yahoo.com/news/house-gop-ca ... 02081.html

—————————-

Republican House candidate Carl Paladino suggested on a radio show that Attorney General Merrick Garland “probably should be executed” following the FBI search of President Donald Trump’s Florida estate last week, according to The Buffalo News.

Garland “should not only be impeached, he probably should be executed,” Paladino said in an interview with a Breitbart radio host last week, according to the outlet.

—————————-

And then later stated he was kidding. No, he wasn’t kidding, and no, it’s not even funny. Threats against the FBI and DOJ are at an all time high.
He wasnt kidding, of course.

All they have to do is refuse to certify, put the GOP in control, and none of us are safe. Board cons and cons in general will celebrate the ability to round us up. Count on it.
I sigh in your general direction.
Libertas

Post by Libertas »

Why would the judge who approved the "search" now be willing to expose the agents and other info?

I dont get it.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/donald ... -rcna43688
Drak

Post by Drak »

Libertas wrote: Thu Aug 18, 2022 2:18 pm Why would the judge who approved the "search" now be willing to expose the agents and other info?

I dont get it.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/donald ... -rcna43688

I wouldn’t worry. He’s not unsealing it. He’s considering releasing redacted parts after the DOJ submits a redacted version to the court.

Libertas

Post by Libertas »

Drak wrote: Thu Aug 18, 2022 2:19 pm I wouldn’t worry. He’s not unsealing it. He’s considering releasing redacted parts after the DOJ submits a redacted version to the court.
According to what I am watching this is not at all what the DOJ expected. The legal experts all say this is not normal.
Drak

Post by Drak »

Libertas wrote: Thu Aug 18, 2022 2:23 pm According to what I am watching this is not at all what the DOJ expected. The legal experts all say this is not normal.
Well, he hasn’t ordered anything unsealed yet, so we’ll see.

Drak

Post by Drak »

Hugo Lowell

@hugolowell
NEW: Unsealed Trump Mar-a-Lago search warrant application cover sheet offers the DOJ’s description of potential crimes:

— Wilful retention of national defense information
— Concealment or removal of govt records
— Obstruction of federal investigation

https://twitter.com/hugolowell/status/1 ... 6167422978

carmenjonze

Post by carmenjonze »

Drak wrote: Thu Aug 18, 2022 1:50 pm https://www.yahoo.com/news/house-gop-ca ... 02081.html

—————————-

—————————-

This freak is running for office, again? :?

Like most conservative white males of his ilk, he has a history of violence.

Look at this freak.

Carl Paladino Says Homosexuality Not a 'Successful Option' - ABC News
N.Y. gov candidate says kids shouldn't be "brainwashed" that it's OK to be gay.
Pure projection.

Conservatism brainwashes children into narrow, misery-making gender and sex/sexuality roles from as soon as their nasty little brats can walk and talk.

Conservatives 12 years later have made this dogma into law. And where they haven't, they're trying.

The way to right wrongs is to
Shine the light of truth on them.

~ Ida B. Wells

Post by Libertas »

Speaking of disgusting asshole liars...didnt board cons defend trump and declassifying, or did they say nothing at all?

https://www.cnn.com/2022/08/18/politics ... index.html

CNN Exclusive: ‘Ludicrous.’ ‘Ridiculous.’ ‘A complete fiction.’: Former Trump officials say his claim of ‘standing order’ to declassify is nonsense

In the days since the FBI seized classified and top secret documents from Donald Trump’s Mar-a-Lago resort, the former President and his allies have claimed that Trump had a “standing order” to declassify documents he took from the Oval Office to the White House residence.

But 18 former top Trump administration officials tell CNN they never heard any such order issued during their time working for Trump, and that they believe the claim to be patently false.

Several officials laughed at the notion. One senior administration official called it “bullsh*t.” Two of Trump’s former chiefs of staff went on the record to knock down the claim.
Drak

Post by Drak »

This is the GOP.

How come none of the local conservatives will denounce this? How come the local conservatives ignore or try to deny this stuff? There is no bottom. They're all part of a violent cult.

Billy Corben @BillyCorben · 2h
Twitter suspends Florida Republican state house candidate Luis Miguel after he advocates shooting federal agents #BecauseFlorida: https://floridapolitics.com/archives/54 ... uel-tweet/

https://twitter.com/BillyCorben/status/ ... 7266919424

ProfX

Post by ProfX »

Prediction: in a day or so, he will say he was just joking, as if a joke like that is remotely appropriate for somebody running for office. But, that's become the tactic they've learned from Dear Leader. Just say you were joking, and IOKIYAR.
"Don't believe every quote attributed to people on the Internet" -- Abraham Lincoln :D
bradman

Post by bradman »

https://www.yahoo.com/news/colwell-why- ... 44837.html
Colwell: Why did Trump take documents? Three likely reasons.
Let us today ponder a question now so often asked: Why did Donald Trump take all of those top-secret documents to his Mar-a-Lago resort?

He hasn’t fessed up. Never will.

But based on the pattern of how Trump is motivated, we can narrow the most likely reasons down to three.

Q. What three?

A. Revenge. Blackmail. Profit.
[bold] Now that i can believe.
I am not a member of any organized political party. I am a Democrat. [Will Rogers]
Libertas

Post by Libertas »

Meanwhile, MAGA and GOP threaten all of us...

https://twitter.com/SIfill_/status/1561 ... SlknL5DqLg

Yes. Begin w/the premise that nothing will appease the MAGA folks. Any action taken against Trump, no matter the strength of the evidence of his wrongdoing, will be treated as an illegitimate attack. So stop including that in the calculus & worry more about protecting witnesses.

ps

What kind of world is this that trump and putin and mccarthy and graham etal are still alive and

https://youtu.be/HnB3GfQNjr4

is not...

https://youtu.be/nMxdbuScxxQ
Libertas

Post by Libertas »

Libertas

Post by Libertas »

Graymail

Will the traitor threaten to expose national secrets if indicted?

And then I saw this:

https://www.yahoo.com/news/possibility- ... 20867.html

Possibility of Obstruction Looms Over Trump After Thwarted Efforts to Recover Documents

— When the Justice Department proposed redactions to the affidavit underlying the warrant used to search former President Donald Trump’s residence, prosecutors made clear that they feared the former president and his allies might take any opportunity to intimidate witnesses or otherwise illegally obstruct their investigation.

“The government has well-founded concerns that steps may be taken to frustrate or otherwise interfere with this investigation if facts in the affidavit were prematurely disclosed,” prosecutors said in the brief.

The 38-page affidavit, released Friday, asserted that there was “probable cause to believe that evidence of obstruction will be found at” Trump’s Mar-a-Lago compound in Florida, indicating that prosecutors had evidence suggesting efforts to impede the recovery of government documents.

Since the release of the search warrant, which listed three criminal laws as the foundation of the investigation, one — the Espionage Act — has received the most attention. Discussion has largely focused on the spectacle of the FBI finding documents marked as highly classified and Trump’s questionable claims that he had declassified everything held at his residence.

And still cons HERE wont denounce him. Shoot someone on 5th Avenue? Hell, he just shot a bunch of our spies and they said nothing, so yeah. Or poisoned them.
Number6

Post by Number6 »

I saw this over at DU. Anyone being irony impaired should be able to understand what irony is after watching this video and relating it to the Mar-a-Lago secret documents.

https://www.democraticunderground.com/100217093303
When you vote left, you vote right.
Libertas

Post by Libertas »

Number6 wrote: Sun Aug 28, 2022 3:01 pm I saw this over at DU. Anyone being irony impaired should be able to understand what irony is after watching this video and relating it to the Mar-a-Lago secret documents.

https://www.democraticunderground.com/100217093303
I just put that on my FB...his followers will see nothing wrong with what he said then and is doing now. If you refuse to believe anything anyone or any entity says, on earth, and only what HE says, then it makes sense.
Libertas

Post by Libertas »

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FbRqDWvX0AI ... me=900x900

BREAKING: The Washington Post drops bombshell, reveals that Trump carried boxes of classified documents “on foreign travel, following him to hotel rooms around the world — and even countries considered foreign adversaries of the America.” RT IF YOU THINK TRUMP MUST BE LOCKED UP!
Drak

Post by Drak »

Lindsey Graham, AKA compromised Renfield, was just on TV threatening violence if Trump is indicted. What a treasonous little turd. It's completely obvious Trump has some really, really bad black mail on this treasonous POS.

And Trump is becoming more unhinged by the minute, threatening an uprising. It's time to throw Trump in prison. This is one of his "Truths" from his shit social site from Aug 19th

Did Dems threaten riots and violence like this if Hillary was indicted? No.

Guess what? No one is ABOVE THE LAW and Trump stole some of the most secretive documents the US has.

Libertas

Post by Libertas »

Drak wrote: Sun Aug 28, 2022 6:56 pm Lindsey Graham, AKA compromised Renfield, was just on TV threatening violence if Trump is indicted. What a treasonous little turd. It's completely obvious Trump has some really, really bad black mail on this treasonous POS.

And Trump is becoming more unhinged by the minute, threatening an uprising. It's time to throw Trump in prison. This is one of his "Truths" from his shit social site from Aug 19th

Did Dems threaten riots and violence like this if Hillary was indicted? No.

Guess what? No one is ABOVE THE LAW and Trump stole some of the most secretive documents the US has.
Graham and the rest have to have civil unrest to outlast the courts. Unless the GOP is successful in refusing to certify elections because they took it all the way to the SC and they upheld the overturning of ALL elections won by Dems in red states, which I expect the SC to do.

The only thing traitor has on any of them, I assume, is their affiliation with Putin....whatever that is. I think it more is that Graham and the others are willing to sell out America completely to a fascist state as long as they get power from it. Surely Graham wouldnt do all this to avoid being outed, that makes no sense at all.
Drak

Post by Drak »

Greg Sargent

@ThePlumLineGS
Trump just shared an article comparing the FBI to the "gestapo" while citing Ruby Ridge. That was a key radicalizing event for Tim McVeigh. Worse, Trump and his propagandists are now using similar martyrdom tropes. That's ominous. I discussed this with historian Nicole Hemmer:

https://twitter.com/ThePlumLineGS/statu ... 3024397315

Question. I know I’m just a guest here, like everyone else. But how much longer is this board going to tolerate the conservative member(s) of this board who constantly defend Trump and his enablers? Who constantly deflect and deny for him, and push his disinformation?

Libertas

Post by Libertas »

Drak wrote: Mon Aug 29, 2022 10:12 am Greg Sargent

@ThePlumLineGS
Trump just shared an article comparing the FBI to the "gestapo" while citing Ruby Ridge. That was a key radicalizing event for Tim McVeigh. Worse, Trump and his propagandists are now using similar martyrdom tropes. That's ominous. I discussed this with historian Nicole Hemmer:

https://twitter.com/ThePlumLineGS/statu ... 3024397315

Question. I know I’m just a guest here, like everyone else. But how much longer is this board going to tolerate the conservative member(s) of this board who constantly defend Trump and his enablers? Who constantly deflect and deny for him, and push his disinformation?
It is a conundrum isn’t it.

The main reason to be here is to see what the idiots are saying I guess. It is the main reason for me other than to stay in touch with a couple of close friends.

Over at democratic underground it’s different even though they are not there there’s so many of us that there are different types of opinions.

Who knows how long this place will last. Given the owner of the board really doesn’t have any motivation to keep paying for it.

I keep waiting for them to denounce the Republican Party which is now a fascist party, but they walk each time they get that chance.
Drak

Post by Drak »

Libertas wrote: Mon Aug 29, 2022 11:17 am It is a conundrum isn’t it.

The main reason to be here is to see what the idiots are saying I guess. It is the main reason for me other than to stay in touch with a couple of close friends.

Over at democratic underground it’s different even though they are not there there’s so many of us that there are different types of opinions.

Who knows how long this place will last. Given the owner of the board really doesn’t have any motivation to keep paying for it.

I keep waiting for them to denounce the Republican Party which is now a fascist party, but they walk each time they get that chance.
That's the thing. Differing opinions is one thing, discussion and debate is welcome, but full on covering for and ignoring fascism and the increasing push for violence is another. They are defending a traitor. They are complicit in the destruction of democracy. This isn't hyperbole. There is no bottom for some of the local conservatives here. Enough is enough.

Drak

Post by Drak »

Trump just admitted he didn't win the election.

ZoWie

Post by ZoWie »

Don't know. The bottom for conservatives right now is a full-on coup d'etat followed by a fascist dictatorship and genocide. I don't see that being advocated here. What I do see is implict support for some pretty un-American ideologies, but no one here is threatening violence or engaging in rabble-rousing the way they do on the big social platforms and the Nooz.

I can't see most of the images that people post on this board, and given the current situation with the net and privacy, I can't see enabling whatever I've turned off that caused the issue.

I prefer quoting facts. I learned a lot in school and on the job about how to convince people with images and recorded speech. The potential for artifice increases exponentially every time you engage more senses and/or make the technology easier to use.
"We must remember that we cannot abandon the truth and remain a free nation." --Liz Cheney, Republican, 7/21/22