Waiting Rooms With Bulletproof Windows

News and events of the day
Libertas

Waiting Rooms With Bulletproof Windows

Post by Libertas »

https://fivethirtyeight.com/features/wa ... f-windows/

Why?

Because of cons, including those here.

Morgan Nuzzo thinks a lot about how someone might kill her. She talked about it calmly, almost offhandedly, as she and I walked through the abortion clinic she’s opening in September with her business partner, Dr. Diane Horvath. “That’s where the steel security door will go,” Nuzzo said, pointing to an open doorway. We walked through exam rooms and offices. We talked about bulletproof glass and panic buttons. We passed a couple of ordinary-looking windows and she sighed. “I don’t know what we’re going to do about those,” she said. “We can’t put bars over them or people will feel like they’re in jail. But someone might try to come through them.”

These are the things abortion providers like Nuzzo think about, especially now. People who perform abortions are routinely harassed and threatened, as are clinic workers, patients and the friends and family members who take them to their appointments. According to the National Abortion Federation, an advocacy group for abortion providers, 11 people connected to abortion clinics have been murdered in the U.S. since 1973, when abortion became legal nationwide. In addition, 26 attempted murders have been reported through 2021.
I sigh in your general direction.