If You Say Abortion is Murder ... Don't you Mean It?

News and events of the day
carmenjonze

Re: If You Say Abortion is Murder ... Don't you Mean It?

Post by carmenjonze »

gounion wrote: Sun Aug 28, 2022 8:44 am Did you read your link, or are you just a lying sack of shit? From your link - which is, BTW, nothing more than a campaign website, not an actual Senate site:

So, yes, it allows for abortion at any time - as long as medical professionals attest that in their legal medical opinion, that the woman's life is in danger.

Why are you against that? So you want women to die?
They are anti-science, pro-surveillance, big government in the bedroom and the doctor’s office, big government under the trans girl’s skirts.

Incredibly, this is what passes for “freedom” for these misogynist WSs.

The way to right wrongs is to
Shine the light of truth on them.

~ Ida B. Wells

Post by Libertas »

gounion wrote: Sun Aug 28, 2022 8:44 am Did you read your link, or are you just a lying sack of shit? From your link - which is, BTW, nothing more than a campaign website, not an actual Senate site:

So, yes, it allows for abortion at any time - as long as medical professionals attest that in their legal medical opinion, that the woman's life is in danger.

Why are you against that? So you want women to die?
Why is he against it? Rhetorical question, I know.

The madness is that he or anyone like him gets a "say" in it.

I can assure you he would allow no such interference were it he the one getting pregnant. Any attempt at interfering with him in fact would cause this

I sigh in your general direction.
gounion

Post by gounion »

Libertas wrote: Sun Aug 28, 2022 1:48 pm Why is he against it? Rhetorical question, I know.
I think it's about controlling OTHERS, while the conservatives having no intent to live THEIR lives by those rules.

Folks like that figure that if THEIR daughters get pregnant, that they can simply afford to take their daughters wherever they need to take them to get their abortion, whether it's to Mexico or Canada. It's those poor women they demand to be forced to bear the children.

And if their children's lives were endangered by a pregnancy, they would NEVER see themselves as being complicit in murder. Conservatives are always very good at compartmentalizing such things, and seeing themselves as always pure of heart, no matter what they do.

Same way they demand that everyone else be held to certain sexual conduction, and not to have even contraception legal. They want to police other people's sexual conduct.

But we know by the conservatives, and religious leaders, conduct that they don't think those rules apply to THEM. THEY do as they PLEASE.
carmenjonze

Post by carmenjonze »

gounion wrote: Sun Aug 28, 2022 4:54 pm I think it's about controlling OTHERS, while the conservatives having no intent to live THEIR lives by those rules.

Folks like that figure that if THEIR daughters get pregnant, that they can simply afford to take their daughters wherever they need to take them to get their abortion, whether it's to Mexico or Canada. It's those poor women they demand to be forced to bear the children.
Or they just put them out on the street and cut them off.
And if their children's lives were endangered by a pregnancy, they would NEVER see themselves as being complicit in murder. Conservatives are always very good at compartmentalizing such things, and seeing themselves as always pure of heart, no matter what they do.
Gods Favorites must always be absolved of their crimes against humanity.

Holding people accountable is discriminating against them. Conservatives are too good for the personal responsibility and accountability they demand of everyone else.
Same way they demand that everyone else be held to certain sexual conduction, and not to have even contraception legal.
Meanwhile, the biggest freaks in town are always the conservative males.

A
L
W
A
Y
S…never fails.
They want to police other people's sexual conduct.
Well, they want the government in the middle of it.

American conservatives are some of the most corrupt, socially-perverted people in this world.

~ Ida B. Wells

Post by bird »

The good ProfX is right. It goes much further (farther?) than that.

The state must create a surveillance system far beyond anything we have seen or known to this point. A pregnancy registration will have to be created. A menstrual registration system will have to be created. Of course, if they were truly pro-life pre-birth care would be free or vary low cost but that won’t happen. Let’s mush on. Internal passports would have to be created so that those attempting to leave the state and go where abortion is legal could be tracked. Confidential communication between health care providers and patients would have to be subject to scrutiny by the state.

Anyone abetting ie providing travel, monies or other assistance must be subject to arrest and trial. Since embryos are humans and allegedly entitled to full rights the same crime of murder must apply. Bank records must be available to the forced-birth police. Vehicle monitoring including GPS and mileage records must be available. The forced-birth bureau of investigation must be allowed to invade every corner of life, of course, most especially, the lives of women of child bearing age.
ProfX

Post by ProfX »

It leads to a kind of authoritarianism where every miscarriage is a crime scene to be investigated, abortions of course still happen but the women often suffer from the back alley methods, and pregnant women are constant targets of monitoring & surveillance, yep.

As I said, this dystopia is not just my fevered imagining - it exists and it's called El Salvador.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abortion_in_El_Salvador

In 2013, a case arose of a pregnant 22-year-old woman, identified as "Beatriz", who, due to lupus aggravated by the loss of kidney function, was told by doctors that she would likely die if she gave birth and that the child, due to its anencephaly, would likely have only a few hours of life. Her doctors requested permission from the government to perform an abortion because the fetus was nonviable and Beatriz was likely to die. When the case came before the Supreme Court, the court denied Beatriz's request. :|

[snip][end]

Yeah, I don't want that here.
"Don't believe every quote attributed to people on the Internet" -- Abraham Lincoln :D
carmenjonze

Post by carmenjonze »

Glennfs wrote: Thu Aug 18, 2022 12:58 pm Only a liberal mind could consider an unborn child the same as a cockroach.
You pro-death conservatives treat cockroaches better than you do already-born people.

Emily Porter, M.D.
@dremilyportermd

My 55 yo friend who is having postmenopausal bleeding just called me from CVS in TX bc they refused to fill her Rx for misoprostol (used to open the cervix) bc she couldn’t prove she wasn’t having an abortion. She is having surgery in 2 days. This is what total abortion bans do.

https://twitter.com/dremilyportermd/sta ... 0565172224

~ Ida B. Wells

Post by bird »

Bludogdem wrote: Fri Aug 19, 2022 9:09 am You’re statement

“ You do know that under Roe, third-trimester/late-term abortions were only allowed for medical reasons. NOT elective. Right? ”

Says , clearly and unambiguously, that the Supreme Court ruled that third trimester abortions were prohibited unless for medical reasons. And the decision did not say that. The decision left to the states the determination of third trimester abortions.
Um, let me say, unequivocally, fuck the states. The meth labs of democracy have no business screwing around with this.
Libertas

Post by Libertas »

https://twitter.com/dremilyportermd/sta ... MWWqt_kprg

I had a guy friend with a Ph.D in engineering ask me last week how women pee with a tampon in and this is why men shouldn’t be passing laws about women’s bodies.
ProfX

Post by ProfX »

Well now ... nobody made him say it.

Dr. Oz Says Abortion Is ‘Still Murder’ at Any Stage of Pregnancy
Exclusive audio reveals that Dr. Oz said during a tele-town hall earlier this year that abortion is “still murder” at any point after conception.
https://www.thedailybeast.com/dr-oz-say ... -pregnancy

"Any point after conception" ... now the thing is, as a MD (I believe he was first a cardiac surgeon before he came a celebrity TV doctor), he surely knows what "personhood" laws could to the practice of fertility-assisting medicine. ... and does he not care?

I don't know if he really believed this before he became a Republican politician. Honestly, don't care, but it's one in a long list of reasons not to vote for him.
"Don't believe every quote attributed to people on the Internet" -- Abraham Lincoln :D
ProfX

Post by ProfX »

Once again, cognitive dissonance strikes.

Pregnant Texas woman who claimed her unborn baby counts as a passenger in HOV lane is ticketed again
https://news.yahoo.com/pregnant-texas-w ... 39190.html

A pregnant Texas woman who claimed she was entitled to drive in a high occupancy vehicle lane because of her unborn child received another ticket for the same offense, authorities said Tuesday.

Brandy Bottone, a 32-year-old Plano resident, became an unlikely focal point of the nation's post-Roe debate after she was pulled over in a carpool lane June 29.

A sheriff's deputy cited her for driving alone in the HOV lane that requires drivers to have at least one other person in the car — and Bottone claimed that the one other person was the unborn child in her womb.

She insisted that with the U.S. Supreme Court overturning Roe v. Wade on June 24, her unborn child now was recognized as a living person.

[snip][end]

C'mon Texas - either it is a person, or it isn't. If it is a person, she's right. :mrgreen: (I don't think so, but you put yourself in this boat.)
Libertas

Post by Libertas »

Which means Oz and those who support him or vote for him WILL send Women and doctors to the gas chamber if they get an abortion.

No way around that.
ProfX

Post by ProfX »

In abortion remarks, Rubio says unborn child’s rights should prevail over mother’s
https://www.local10.com/vote-2022/2022/ ... r-mothers/

DAVIE, Fla. – Sen. Marco Rubio, R-Florida, brought his re-election campaign back to South Florida Thursday, speaking to a group of Christian clergy in Davie.

[snip]

He also said America is losing its “Judeo-Christian values.” (*)

[snip]

“This is not between the left and the right. This is not between conservatives and liberals. This is not between Republicans and Democrats,” Rubio said. “This is a fight between common sense and insanity.” :roll: (**)

What now assails our country is Marxism,” Rubio said. “Marxism is not an economic model. It is a power model.” (***) :roll:

An outspoken opponent of abortion, Rubio said the unborn child’s rights should prevail over the mother’s.

“You have the right of what happens to her which she possesses from God and a right of an unborn innocent human being to live and these rights are in conflict,” he said. “I just believe, with all my heart, that if you’re not a society that gives precedence to life above every other right, then you’re headed in a very dangerous direction.” (****)

[snip][end]

(*) Hey Marco: shall we start with the fact that Christians and Jews do not agree on abortion, let alone all Christian sects? Evangelicals and Catholics are NOT all Christians.
(**) Indeed. So you're telling me that a zygote or embryo has more rights than the living, breathing mother who is already a human person, that its existence is dependent on. Yeah, I'd call that insanity.
(***) C'mon Marco. Please. There are pro choice people who disagree with you but they are not Marxists.
(****) How many wars have you supported Marco? Capital punishment? Are you OK with a mother dying to save the life of its unborn child? I'm not, nor would I call that "pro life".
Libertas

Post by Libertas »

A man saying Women should die if they are inconvenient to his religious zealots.

I hope i am not the only one really fucking angry.
carmenjonze

Post by carmenjonze »

Glennfs wrote: Thu Aug 18, 2022 12:58 pm Only a liberal mind could consider an unborn child the same as a cockroach.
You forced-pregnancy, pro-rape cons think more of cockroaches than you do actually-born women. We're all sluts and whores to conservative men.

This is literally a crime against humanity.

Pregnant women held for months in one Alabama jail to protect fetuses from drugs - Al.com
Craig Battles and Hali Burns have two children. After the birth of their second, Hali was arrested and spent months inside the Etowah County Detention Center while recovering from birth.

Police arrested Ashley Banks on May 25 with a small amount of marijuana and a pistol without a permit to carry.

Under normal circumstances, the 23-year-old from Gadsden would have been able to post bond and leave jail until her criminal trial. But Banks admitted to smoking pot on the same day she found out she was pregnant – two days before her arrest. In Etowah County, that meant she couldn’t leave jail unless she entered drug rehab, leaving her in limbo for three months.

She’s not the only one, according to attorneys involved in her case. Several pregnant women and new moms accused of exposing their fetuses to drugs have been held for weeks or months inside the Etowah County Detention Center under special bond conditions that require rehab and $10,000 cash.

Attorneys with National Advocates for Pregnant Women, an organization that opposes laws that criminalize pregnancy, say it’s unfair to impose special conditions on pregnant women who haven’t been convicted of any crimes.

As a result of the policy, the Etowah County Detention Center often holds several pregnant and postpartum women in the jail, against the advice of experts on maternal and fetal health. Dr. Carolyn Sufrin, an OB/GYN and expert on incarceration and pregnancy at Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, wrote an affidavit urging the court to release Banks.

“The stress and conditions in jail and prisons, including lack of consistent access to standard prenatal care and mental health care, poor diets, poor sanitation, infestations with bugs and vermin, poor ventilation, tension, noise, lack of privacy, lack of family and community contact, can be detrimental to physical and mental health which can result in poor pregnancy outcomes for both the mother and the baby,” Sufrin wrote.

Banks has a high-risk pregnancy due to a family history of miscarriage. She said she was jailed at around six weeks of pregnancy. About six weeks into her incarceration, she started bleeding and was taken to Gadsden Regional Medical Center, according to court documents. Doctors diagnosed her with a subchorionic hematoma, a condition where blood pools near the wall of the uterus.

The condition increases the chances of miscarriage and preterm delivery, according to the Cleveland Clinic. Banks said jail officials told her she could sleep on the bottom bunk because of her high-risk pregnancy. However, her cell had one bottom bunk and two women assigned to sleep in it. So, the other woman used the bed, according to court documents, and Banks slept on the floor.
#prolife
#nannystate
#familyvalues
#bigovernment

~ Ida B. Wells

Post by Libertas »

Oh boy, that is MADNESS putting her in jail so she wont use drugs.

I guess those of us who started calling them Nazis YEARS ago were right!
carmenjonze

Post by carmenjonze »

Libertas wrote: Thu Sep 08, 2022 3:23 pm Oh boy, that is MADNESS putting her in jail so she wont use drugs.

I guess those of us who started calling them Nazis YEARS ago were right!
Yeah..while they're the ones hopped up on coke, meth, opiates, and booze. :problem:

~ Ida B. Wells

Post by carmenjonze »

You guys regard cockroaches more highly than you do actually-born women.
_________

Michael O’Brien, MD 🏳️‍🌈
@TripleThreat_MD

As a “limited government, fiscal conservative” Nancy Mace was one of the co-authors of South Carolina’s current 6-week abortion ban, frankly tightening the state government’s grip on women’s personal healthcare decisions.

https://twitter.com/TripleThreat_MD/sta ... 9717678080

~ Ida B. Wells

Post by Libertas »

carmenjonze wrote: Mon Sep 12, 2022 11:00 am You guys regard cockroaches more highly than you do actually-born women.
_________

Michael O’Brien, MD 🏳️‍🌈
@TripleThreat_MD

As a “limited government, fiscal conservative” Nancy Mace was one of the co-authors of South Carolina’s current 6-week abortion ban, frankly tightening the state government’s grip on women’s personal healthcare decisions.

https://twitter.com/TripleThreat_MD/sta ... 9717678080
Seething hatred board con has for you because you are all the categories you are, and for me because I dont hate you.
carmenjonze

Post by carmenjonze »

You enthusiastically advocate 18 year old males screwing 15 year olds. Women and girls are just cockroaches to you.

Happily, an Ohio court has smacked down the criminalization of abortion in that state.

Good.

Who TF wants to be a 15 year old girl forced by the government to go through a pregnancy by delusional 18 year old predators who think this behavior is an act of love. :?

Ohio Supreme Court dismisses abortion case, allowing clinics’ lower court case to proceed - Cleveland.com

~ Ida B. Wells

Post by carmenjonze »

Mrs. Detective PikaBOO, Esq.
@clapifyoulikeme

Republicans responding to Herschel Walker paying for his girlfriend's abortion with "people change!" is how you know they don't really believe abortion is equivalent to murder.

https://twitter.com/clapifyoulikeme/sta ... 8001872896

~ Ida B. Wells

Post by Glennfs »

Libertas wrote: Mon Sep 12, 2022 2:11 pm Seething hatred board con has for you because you are all the categories you are, and for me because I dont hate you.
That is very funny.....considering that the only hatred seething or otherwise on this board comes from progressives
" I am a socialist " Bernie Sanders
carmenjonze

Post by carmenjonze »

Glennfs wrote: Mon Oct 03, 2022 11:37 pm That is very funny.....considering that the only hatred seething or otherwise on this board comes from progressives
Thanks to your misogyinst rage, you Marjorie Taylor Greene WSs intend to impose more of this misery on all people with wombs. Yet you're whining about "hatred." :?

Only a supremacist believes we must comply with our oppressors.

You are an oppressor. Your self-hate keeps you here.

Non-Pregnant Women and Girls Are Being Denied Lifesaving Medications Due to Fear of Abortion Laws - Jezebel
Doctors have stopped prescribing certain medications, and pharmacists have stopped filling them, because the drugs could hurt hypothetical fetuses.

Rheumatoid arthritis. Osteoporosis. Debilitating cluster headaches. Crohn’s disease. Acne.

These are just a few of the conditions going untreated in the wake of the Supreme Court overturning Roe v. Wade because the medications used to treat these conditions—some of which women and girls had already been taking for years—can cause pregnancy complications are abortions. Except many of these patients aren’t even pregnant and don’t plan to be any time soon.

A local news outlet in Arizona reported this weekend that 14-year-old girl in Tucson was denied a refill on her prescription for methotrexate, a drug she’d been taking for arthritis and osteoporosis, because a judge recently allowed a Civil War-era abortion ban in the state to take effect, and the drug in question is also used to induce abortions in cases of ectopic pregnancies. The Arizona law, passed in 1864 before it even officially became a state, bans all abortions and threatens two to five years in prison for anyone who would provide them. There are no exceptions for rape and incest—only for life of the mother, an exemption that often forces women to prove they are actually dying in order to get the medical care they need.
More in link.

~ Ida B. Wells

Post by carmenjonze »

Glennfs wrote: Mon Oct 03, 2022 11:37 pm That is very funny.....considering that the only hatred seething or otherwise on this board comes from progressives
This guy hates himself so much, he even imitates conservative white men.

You guys, on the other hand, actually think this person is fit for serving in the Senate.

The only type of Black person conservative whites like. For a few minutes, anyway.

‘Pro-Life’ Herschel Walker Paid for Girlfriend’s Abortion - Daily Beast
The woman has receipts—and a “get well” card she says the football star, now a Senate candidate, sent her.

Herschel Walker, the football legend now running for Senate in Georgia, says he wants to completely ban abortion, likening it to murder and claiming there should be “no exception” for rape, incest, or the life of the mother.

But the Republican candidate has supported at least one exception—for himself.

A woman who asked not to be identified out of privacy concerns told The Daily Beast that, after she and Walker conceived a child while they were dating in 2009, he urged her to get an abortion. The woman said she had the procedure and that Walker reimbursed her for it.

She supported these claims with a $575 receipt from the abortion clinic, a “get well” card from Walker, and a bank deposit receipt that included an image of a signed $700 personal check from Walker.

The woman said there was a $125 difference because she “ball-parked” the cost of an abortion after Googling the procedure and added on expenses such as travel and recovery costs.

Additionally, The Daily Beast independently corroborated details of the woman’s claims with a close friend she told at the time and who, according to the woman and the friend, took care of her in the days after the procedure.
People are saying this is hypocrisy but it's not hypocrisy. Everybody, including women, including kids, are expendable and subject to control, in American conservative ideology.

~ Ida B. Wells

Post by carmenjonze »

Ron Filipkowski 🇺🇦
@RonFilipkowski

By MAGA’s definition, Herschel Walker is an accessory to murder by paying for an abortion.

https://twitter.com/RonFilipkowski/stat ... 8699732992

~ Ida B. Wells