Putin murders another opponent...and then steals his company and money, likely.

News and events of the day
Libertas

Putin murders another opponent...and then steals his company and money, likely.

Post by Libertas »

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... -boat.html

Russian official linked to energy sector 'falls overboard' to his death from a boat - the latest in a series of mysterious deaths involving the country's powerbrokers
NO wonder trump wants to be like putin.
I sigh in your general direction.
ProfX

Re: Putin murders another opponent...and then steals his company and money, likely.

Post by ProfX »

Something seems to be wrong with Russia's gravitational field.

It's weird, but criticize or cross Putin, and there are a lot of sudden "slip and fall" accidents. Usually out of windows, now I guess off of boats. Also, of course, there is that weird way polonium sneaks up on your tea or your park bench.

All I can say is, it looks like the Ukrainians are gaining ground on the Russians. Lots of people are saying they might just win this thing. Unfortunately, my optimism keeps biting me in the ass, but I'll allow myself some hope.

Will a defeat in Ukraine cause a coup against Putin? Bigger, more worrisome question ... will he be replaced with someone worse? :|
"Don't believe every quote attributed to people on the Internet" -- Abraham Lincoln :D
Libertas

Re: Putin murders another opponent...and then steals his company and money, likely.

Post by Libertas »

ProfX wrote: Tue Sep 13, 2022 6:14 am Something seems to be wrong with Russia's gravitational field.

It's weird, but criticize or cross Putin, and there are a lot of sudden "slip and fall" accidents. Usually out of windows, now I guess off of boats. Also, of course, there is that weird way polonium sneaks up on your tea or your park bench.

All I can say is, it looks like the Ukrainians are gaining ground on the Russians. Lots of people are saying they might just win this thing. Unfortunately, my optimism keeps biting me in the ass, but I'll allow myself some hope.

Will a defeat in Ukraine cause a coup against Putin? Bigger, more worrisome question ... will he be replaced with someone worse? :|
And board con here says it is RIDICULOUS to suggest trump would do the same :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
Libertas

Post by Libertas »

And another

https://twitter.com/JuliaDavisNews/stat ... MxZjZfrXgg

Ex-Putin Ally Plunges to His Death ‘From a Great Height’ at Moscow Aviation Institute

Anatoly Gerashchenko’s passing comes amid a string of untimely deaths for senior Russian officials.
Trump wants to do this to Leticia James, today...any of you cons wanna disagree?
ProfX

Post by ProfX »

So they've started a quiet draft in Russia after getting their ass handed to them in Ukraine. It's not a real, full draft, so far, but basically one where many folks in the reserves or with previous military experience are being recalled.

This is starting to cause another massive upswing in people getting one way tickets for people to emigrate out of Russia ... these folks are telling Putin effectively, "hell no we won't go" to gather sunflower seeds in Ukraine.
"Don't believe every quote attributed to people on the Internet" -- Abraham Lincoln :D
bradman

Post by bradman »

Thing is, he's running out of ammo.

Rumor has it he's taken some of the missile defense systems from St. Petersburg to deploy elsewhere.

By Saturday we should know whether or not we are attacking Russian territory or retaking Ukrainian territory.

Kinda a whole new ballgame after that.
I am not a member of any organized political party. I am a Democrat. [Will Rogers]
bradman

Post by bradman »

bradman wrote: Wed Sep 21, 2022 7:55 pm Thing is, he's running out of ammo.

Rumor has it he's taken some of the missile defense systems from St. Petersburg to deploy elsewhere.

By Saturday we should know whether or not we are attacking Russian territory or retaking Ukrainian territory.

Kinda a whole new ballgame after that.
Correction: It sounds like the voting will be going on into Tuesday.

Long story short. The possibility of war with the west goes up. Nuclear threat too.
I am not a member of any organized political party. I am a Democrat. [Will Rogers]
Drak

Post by Drak »

Russia has proven itself to be a paper tiger with an extremely poorly trained army and dated equipment in disrepair. I wouldn’t want to test their nukes, but in light of the above, there’s a good chance much of their nuke arsenal will be unreliable for them. All they have are threats.
"Some of those that work forces,
Are the same that burn crosses"

- Rage Against the Machine
bradman

Post by bradman »

Platform or source........The link is questionable.......don't much like using it, but in this case........

https://www.yahoo.com/news/zelenskyy-ma ... 13583.html
President Volodymyr Zelenskyy has stated that Ukraine guarantees captured Russian soldiers civilised treatment, confidentiality with regard to the circumstances of their surrender, and the opportunity not to return to Russia.
Number6

Post by Number6 »

Drak wrote: Sat Sep 24, 2022 8:25 am Russia has proven itself to be a paper tiger with an extremely poorly trained army and dated equipment in disrepair. I wouldn’t want to test their nukes, but in light of the above, there’s a good chance much of their nuke arsenal will be unreliable for them. All they have are threats.
I hope the Russian generals/admirals will draw a line that if Putin orders nuclear weapons to be used they will refuse to obey his orders. I also hope at that point, or earlier, the oligarchs, and others with powers in Russia will arrest and remove Putin from office.
When you vote left, you vote right.
ProfX

Post by ProfX »

BTW, Putin's offer is anybody who comes from abroad and agrees to fight in Russia's army gets automatic Russian citizenship.

I bet that's real desirable these days. :D
Drak

Re: Putin murders another opponent...and then steals his company and money, likely.wards

Post by Drak »

Wonder if Steven Segal and Edward Snowden will be on the front lines.

Number6

Re: Putin murders another opponent...and then steals his company and money, likely.wards

Post by Number6 »

Drak wrote: Sun Sep 25, 2022 7:19 am Wonder if Steven Segal and Edward Snowden will be on the front lines.
Or half the republican party?
When you vote left, you vote right.
Drak

Post by Drak »

I’d like to remind the local conservatives that China, Russia and North Korea are NOT our allies. They are the enemy. Trump and the GOP think they are on the same team. Wake up.

Bludogdem

Post by Bludogdem »

Seems like a good opportunity to infiltrate the Russian army and cause lots of problems.

From the Ukraine side:

“Zelensky offers guarantees for Russian soldiers who surrender”

“ Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky on Saturday offered guaranteed protections to Russian soldiers who surrender amid the conflict between the countries after Russian President Vladimir Putin announced he was calling up 300,000 reservists to replenish Russian forces.
Appealing directly to Russians during an address, Zelensky said Ukraine could guarantee three terms to Russian soldiers in exchange for their surrender. He said such Russians will be treated in a civilized manner, the circumstances of their surrender will remain undisclosed and Ukraine will find a way to ensure those who do not want to return to Russia are not exchanged. ”

https://thehill.com/policy/internationa ... surrender/