Human Trafficking?

News and events of the day
carmenjonze

Re: Human Trafficking?

Post by carmenjonze »

ProfX wrote: Fri Sep 16, 2022 12:29 pm Crossing the U.S.-Mexico border without the proper immigration documents is a crime. So they have committed a criminal act. The question is what kind of crime? The answer is a misdemeanor, not a felony.

The thing is, yeah, I don't think committing a minor crime makes you an "illegal" human being. And having done it and not being a U.S. citizen, that does not mean you have no rights here. In fact, even as a non-citizen under international law, you have human rights the U.S. must respect.

So -- I agree with Drak, Abbott & Costello, err dePutin, violated these migrants' rights.

An additional irony as I keep saying is we keep saying we will welcome refugees from the authoritarian-left Venezuelan Maduro regime. That also appears to have been a lie, as Venezuelans made up a large portion of these relocated migrants. Maybe DePutin needs to be reminded of this on his annual "Victims of Communism" day.
Any white con labeling anyone else "illegal" should be made to prove their own relatives came here so-called legally.

Especially if they want to wrap themselves in the cloak of nativism and claim their family is French royalty or has been here since the Mayflower or whatever, back when human trafficking in African slaves was perfectly legal. So not even that claim will help them. :problem:

While they're at it, they can post the restults of that DNA test, proving how pure-white they are. :problem:

The way to right wrongs is to
Shine the light of truth on them.

~ Ida B. Wells

Post by ZoWie »

There are no illegal humans, only illegal acts by humans. That is what this country is supposed to be about, but like every other country in the world, its realities of power and sovereignty override the brave rhetoric of its founders.

Your immigration status can be illegal, making you guilty of a crime. It does not make your very existence a law violation. At worst, it puts you on the wrong side of an artificial line drawn in the dirt by some government somewhere and enforced by soldiers with lethal force. We may be stuck with this kind of line until we evolve a better way to do the sovereignty thing, but realistically that's not going to happen in our time.

Most of what I see right now looks more like the same old prejudices with sexy new excuses which fester on social media platforms which are designed to hook users through the positive-feedback AI profiling aimed at keeping you staring at the damn screen (and its advertising) 24/7. This is basically the for-profit exploitation of deep psychological processes that come a wee bit too close to masturbation for my taste in media.
"We must remember that we cannot abandon the truth and remain a free nation." --Liz Cheney, Republican, 7/21/22
carmenjonze

Post by carmenjonze »

ZoWie wrote: Fri Sep 16, 2022 12:44 pm There are no illegal humans, only illegal acts by humans. That is what this country is supposed to be about, but like every other country in the world, its realities of power and sovereignty override the brave rhetoric of its founders.

Your immigration status can be illegal, making you guilty of a crime. It does not make your very existence a law violation. At worst, it puts you on the wrong side of an artificial line drawn in the dirt by some government somewhere and enforced by soldiers with lethal force. We may be stuck with this kind of line until we evolve a better way to do the sovereignty thing, but realistically that's not going to happen in our time.

Most of what I see right now looks more like the same old prejudices with sexy new excuses which fester on social media platforms which are designed to hook users through the positive-feedback AI profiling exploitation of mental processes that come a wee bit too close to masturbation for my taste in media.
Well, there's nothing wrong with masturbation, js. And here you are, posting this on the internet. :P

That said, it's the self-delusional conservative dishonesty, for me. Glennfs 'faked a resume' to get a job, which is fraud. Fraud is illegal. But being an amoral white con who thinks they can get a way with murder, he'll never label himself an "illegal."

Yet here he is in this thread trying to troll pro-migrant liberals as the hypocrites.
Last edited by carmenjonze on Fri Sep 16, 2022 12:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

~ Ida B. Wells

Post by ZoWie »

Agreed that I probably spend too much time on the net myself.
"We must remember that we cannot abandon the truth and remain a free nation." --Liz Cheney, Republican, 7/21/22
carmenjonze

Post by carmenjonze »

Glennfs wrote: Thu Sep 15, 2022 10:25 am I support Florida and Texas relocating illegal aliens to sanctuary cities.
Like yesterday's segregationists who bused the negroes to the north, you support using their own money to mistreat them.

From Libertas's thread:

The Long Journey North: The Forgotten Story Of The Reverse Freedom Rides Of 1962 - WGBH, 2019
The idea was simple: When large numbers of African Americans showed up on northern doorsteps, northerners would not be able to accommodate them. They would not want them. The hypocrisy of northern liberals would be exposed.

The Reverse Freedom Rides have largely disappeared from the country’s collective memory. The scheme almost never appears in history books and is little-known even in Hyannis, the primary target of the ploy.

But today, with racial tensions re-inflamed, some hear echoes of that segregationist past in America’s present. And for the families that came north based on a lie, the journey has cast an enduring shadow on their lives

~ Ida B. Wells

Post by Libertas »

Remember, the REASON these gop gov's are doing this is it SELLS to cons including those here, ALL of them here.

They LOVE watching small children and Women being treated like cattle.

GET ANGRY :twisted:
I sigh in your general direction.
carmenjonze

Post by carmenjonze »

Libertas wrote: Fri Sep 16, 2022 1:33 pm Remember, the REASON these gop gov's are doing this is it SELLS to cons including those here, ALL of them here.
Yes. These politicians do this not just because they're crazed dictators, but they're strategic demagogues.

They know that all they have to say is "CRT" or "AOC" or "illegals taking our jobs" or "drag queens," or "racemixing," and the dumb conservative whites will run downtown to crowd up the polling places.

Yes, it is very vindicating to their almost-nonexistent, fragile egoes for them to see government actors mistreat not-whites on a mass scale.

They're quite willing to throw their precious munny at it, as these dictators like DeSantis and Abbott use all of Texas and Florida tax dollars to do so.

This is the way they were during segregation, getting the people they oppress to bankroll the oppression.
Conservative whites have always been THE most morally-depraved demographic/voting bloc in this country. This type of internal population transfer is even worse than what I've been calling a pawn game with real people. Their reaction is parallel to internal population transfer during segregation, and even worse, during WW2 Poland.

Protect yourselves and the ones you love from conservative whites. They are training their children to be lethal sociopaths...and have it be legal again.
Last edited by carmenjonze on Fri Sep 16, 2022 1:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

~ Ida B. Wells

Post by Drak »

Libertas wrote: Fri Sep 16, 2022 1:33 pm Remember, the REASON these gop gov's are doing this is it SELLS to cons including those here, ALL of them here.

Yes, they enjoy watching people suffer.
"Some of those that work forces,
Are the same that burn crosses"

- Rage Against the Machine
carmenjonze

Post by carmenjonze »

Glennfs wrote: Thu Sep 15, 2022 10:25 am I support Florida and Texas relocating illegal aliens to sanctuary cities.
You are being manipluated.

~ Ida B. Wells

Post by Libertas »

Board cons cheer on this violent attack on children

Cons behavour is like the bully walking up to you everyday and punching you in the face and then saying "you cant punch back otherwise you are the violent one."

We must stop you cons from attacking these Women and children. You dont respect the law.
gounion

Post by gounion »

Glennfs wrote: Thu Sep 15, 2022 10:11 am Shouldn't sanctuary cities be welcoming illegal aliens with open arms and encouraging states like Florida and Texas to send as many illegal aliens as they can.
Are all of you on the right children? I mean, given a problem of a large scope - immigration - THIS is how you think it should be handled?

It's the most immature, childish thing I've ever heard of. You want to put these people in charge of our nation?
Libertas

Post by Libertas »

gounion wrote: Fri Sep 16, 2022 5:07 pm Are all of you on the right children? I mean, given a problem of a large scope - immigration - THIS is how you think it should be handled?

It's the most immature, childish thing I've ever heard of. You want to put these people in charge of our nation?
CANT Be a Christian and have that attitude, cant...yet they believe they are. NExt time they will kill some children.
ProfX

Post by ProfX »

Well, we are all indeed on a learning journey, throughout life, and I just learned a new verb/noun tonight: inveigle; inveiglement.

inveigle
[ in-vey-guhl, -vee- ]SHOW IPA

See synonyms for: inveigle / inveigled / inveigling / inveiglement on Thesaurus.com
verb (used with object), in·vei·gled, in·vei·gling.
to entice, lure, or ensnare by flattery or artful talk or inducements (usually followed by into):
to inveigle a person into playing bridge.
to acquire, win, or obtain by beguiling talk or methods (usually followed by from or away):
to inveigle a theater pass from a person.

The point is, it appears to be luring people with false promises. (Kind of like telling them you were going to take them somewhere to offer them assistance, then just dumping them somewhere else). Oh, and it is a crime.

https://dictionary.findlaw.com/definition/inveigle.html

To lure by false representations or other deceit [whoever unlawfully…s, decoys, kidnaps, abducts, or carries away and holds for ransom or reward or otherwise any person…shall be punished by imprisonment "U.S. Code"]

Considered akin to kidnapping.
"Don't believe every quote attributed to people on the Internet" -- Abraham Lincoln :D
gounion

Post by gounion »

Libertas wrote: Fri Sep 16, 2022 5:56 pm CANT Be a Christian and have that attitude, cant...yet they believe they are. NExt time they will kill some children.
To be fair, Glenn really hasn't presented himself as much of a Christian.
gounion

Post by gounion »

ProfX wrote: Fri Sep 16, 2022 6:26 pm Well, we are all indeed on a learning journey, throughout life, and I just learned a new verb/noun tonight: inveigle; inveiglement.

inveigle
[ in-vey-guhl, -vee- ]SHOW IPA

See synonyms for: inveigle / inveigled / inveigling / inveiglement on Thesaurus.com
verb (used with object), in·vei·gled, in·vei·gling.
to entice, lure, or ensnare by flattery or artful talk or inducements (usually followed by into):
to inveigle a person into playing bridge.
to acquire, win, or obtain by beguiling talk or methods (usually followed by from or away):
to inveigle a theater pass from a person.

The point is, it appears to be luring people with false promises. (Kind of like telling them you were going to take them somewhere to offer them assistance, then just dumping them somewhere else). Oh, and it is a crime.

https://dictionary.findlaw.com/definition/inveigle.html

To lure by false representations or other deceit [whoever unlawfully…s, decoys, kidnaps, abducts, or carries away and holds for ransom or reward or otherwise any person…shall be punished by imprisonment "U.S. Code"]

Considered akin to kidnapping.
One thing conservatives never really do is to have any morals or ethics.
Libertas

Post by Libertas »

gounion wrote: Fri Sep 16, 2022 6:33 pm To be fair, Glenn really hasn't presented himself as much of a Christian.
Good, I assume the other OUT cons here and the one who lies about being one also have never ever pretended to be.
gounion

Post by gounion »

Libertas wrote: Fri Sep 16, 2022 6:37 pm Good, I assume the other OUT cons here and the one who lies about being one also have never ever pretended to be.
Truth is, none of them ever take a stand on ANYTHING, now, do they?
carmenjonze

Post by carmenjonze »

gounion wrote: Fri Sep 16, 2022 6:33 pm One thing conservatives never really do is to have any morals or ethics.
No morals, no ethics, lots of xenophobia, lots of guns.

Deadly combination.

~ Ida B. Wells

Post by carmenjonze »

Like a typical morally-corrupt conservative, you support crimes against humanity.

Florida DHS is listing people's addresses as a homeless shelter in Tacoma, Washington, forcing them to Massachusetts, and requiring them to register with ICE by Monday...in Tacoma Washington.

You guys are a bunch of psychos.

🇺🇦Skyleigh Heinen🇺🇸
@Sky_Lee_1

Rachel Self, a Boston immigration attorney tells you everything you need to know about immigrants sent to Martha’s Vineyard.

They’d been given falsified U.S. addresses by immigration officials, perhaps ensuring that they’d be deemed in the country illegally.

[VIDEO]

https://twitter.com/Sky_Lee_1/status/15 ... 1570096128

~ Ida B. Wells

Post by carmenjonze »

‘Sadistic lie.’ Venezuelans flown to Martha’s Vineyard search for a way off the island - Miami Herald
“Agents apparently chose random homeless shelters all across the country from Washington to Florida, to list the migrants mailing addresses, even when told by the migrants that they had no address in the U.S.,” Self claimed.

The group of migrants, Self said, were being asked to appear in jurisdictions near homeless shelters all across the country as early as next Monday. She said the migrants were essentially “kidnapped.”

“There is no other reason to list as someone’s mailing address a homeless shelter in Tacoma, Washington when they ship him to Massachusetts. It is sickeningly cruel throwing obstacles in the way of people fleeing violence and oppression, some of whom walked through 10 countries in the hopes of finding safety,” Self said. “It is shameful and inhuman. Many of these victims were deprived of medical care despite clear existing injuries. These are human beings who were deprived of basic human rights.”

The only frame of reference for the migrants, attorneys said, were two maps tucked inside a red folder that had school-level maps of the U.S. and Martha’s Vineyard. The U.S. map had a red line that linked Texas to Massachusetts. The Martha’s Vineyard map had a red dot in the middle.

~ Ida B. Wells

Post by carmenjonze »

~ Ida B. Wells

Post by carmenjonze »

Libertas wrote: Fri Sep 16, 2022 12:27 pm I wonder if board cons will be willing to admit they were teapartiers?
Or subscribers to The Citizen's Council newspaper.

~ Ida B. Wells

Post by carmenjonze »

:lol:

Scott Shapiro
@scottjshapiro

Horrifying that New Jersey is transporting and dumping its republicans in Pennsylvania to run for office

https://twitter.com/scottjshapiro/statu ... 8523803648

~ Ida B. Wells

Post by carmenjonze »

Glennfs wrote: Thu Sep 15, 2022 7:37 pm You guys should start a go fund me
Already happening.

https://actionnetwork.org/fundraising/w ... to-norcal/

Though I get that you think it's funny and vindicating that human beings are treated this way.

NorCal Resist #AbolishICE #EndDetention
@NorResist

Replying to
@NotAcquiescing

We have a fundraiser here- http://tinyurl.com/ncrwelcome . We’vr gotten them groceries and are checking them onto a motel (with kitchenette). Once they’ve rested we’ll see what they’d like to do next. We regularly help folks out with plane and bus tickets

We have a small group of migrants dumped in Sacramento from Texas today. Literally stuck on a plane without shoes, money, or a way to get help. They had to *walk* from SMF into town. We’re putting them in a motel and getting them fed. Please reach out if you see something at SMF

They were held in detention in Texas, and put on a plane, and were not even told where they were going. What kind of stupid, cruel, and incompetent act is this?

https://twitter.com/NorResist/status/15 ... 0802811904

~ Ida B. Wells

Post by Glennfs »

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eli%C3%A1n_Gonz%C3%A1lez

To all you "outraged" liberals I give you Elien Gonzales.
" I am a socialist " Bernie Sanders