Elon Musk, rip-off King!

News and events of the day
Bludogdem

Re: Elon Musk, rip-off King!

Post by Bludogdem »

"I will resign as CEO as soon as I find someone foolish enough to take the job! After that, I will just run the software & servers teams," he tweeted.

https://abcnews.go.com/Business/elon-mu ... d=95630793
gounion

Post by gounion »

Bludogdem wrote: Wed Dec 21, 2022 3:31 pm "I will resign as CEO as soon as I find someone foolish enough to take the job! After that, I will just run the software & servers teams," he tweeted.

https://abcnews.go.com/Business/elon-mu ... d=95630793
Yeah, like Elon plans on giving anything up. It's all bullshit.
Libertas

Post by Libertas »

gounion wrote: Wed Dec 21, 2022 3:33 pm Yeah, like Elon plans on giving anything up. It's all bullshit.
The punk will still call all the shots. Twitter has to be sold to decent human beings or it should be destroyed.
I sigh in your general direction.
Drak

Post by Drak »

Tesla continues to tank hard.

"Some of those that work forces,
Are the same that burn crosses"

- Rage Against the Machine
ZoWie

Post by ZoWie »

And you still can't drive a block in LA without seeing one of the damn things.

They're way back-ordered but mostly due to the chip shortage, which promises to get worse in the short run because covid and China have decided to have a relationship. The People's Long March Leaders decided that killing off half the population over age 80 is good for the country, even though it promises to infect a quarter of everyone else sooner, not later.

That alone is probably enough to guarantee a US recession late next year.
"We must remember that we cannot abandon the truth and remain a free nation." --Liz Cheney, Republican, 7/21/22
bird

Post by bird »

ZoWie wrote: Thu Dec 22, 2022 11:18 am And you still can't drive a block in LA without seeing one of the damn things.

They're way back-ordered but mostly due to the chip shortage, which promises to get worse in the short run because covid and China have decided to have a relationship. The People's Long March Leaders decided that killing off half the population over age 80 is good for the country, even though it promises to infect a quarter of everyone else sooner, not later.

That alone is probably enough to guarantee a US recession late next year.
Would not be surprised if Covid spreads again. So many raw materials as well as finished goods come from Asia it is ridiculous. Agree that a recession may happen.
ZoWie

Post by ZoWie »

It's kind of the same situation as the public rejection of masks in the US. Covid was a problem, but the public couldn't take the government's stay-home orders any more. Meanwhile the Chinese blew it big time giving out less effective vaccines and favoring younger people, now I'm sure when a billion people get it they'll carry it all over the planet. Hopefully they won't evolve a whole new variant first.
"We must remember that we cannot abandon the truth and remain a free nation." --Liz Cheney, Republican, 7/21/22
Drak

Post by Drak »

In this thread, Russia’s second most powerful person predicts the downfall of the West and a Civil War in America that rips the USA apart, and Elon responds labelling the thread, “Epic.”

Russia owns this turd.

https://mobile.twitter.com/MedvedevRuss ... 8401206273

Bludogdem

Post by Bludogdem »

Elon Musk says around 100 Starlinks now active in Iran

“ Dec 26 (Reuters) - SpaceX Chief Executive Elon Musk said on Monday that the company is now close to having 100 active Starlinks, the firm's satellite internet service, in Iran, three months after he tweeted he would activate the service there amid protests around the Islamic country.

Musk said, "approaching 100 starlinks active in Iran", in a tweet on Monday.

The billionaire had said in September that he would activate Starlink in Iran as part of a U.S.-backed effort "to advance internet freedom and the free flow of information" to Iranians.”

https://www.reuters.com/technology/elon ... 022-12-26/
gounion

Post by gounion »

Bludogdem wrote: Mon Dec 26, 2022 7:08 pm Elon Musk says around 100 Starlinks now active in Iran

“ Dec 26 (Reuters) - SpaceX Chief Executive Elon Musk said on Monday that the company is now close to having 100 active Starlinks, the firm's satellite internet service, in Iran, three months after he tweeted he would activate the service there amid protests around the Islamic country.

Musk said, "approaching 100 starlinks active in Iran", in a tweet on Monday.

The billionaire had said in September that he would activate Starlink in Iran as part of a U.S.-backed effort "to advance internet freedom and the free flow of information" to Iranians.”

https://www.reuters.com/technology/elon ... 022-12-26/
He sure ain’t doin’ it for freee.
Bludogdem

Post by Bludogdem »

gounion wrote: Mon Dec 26, 2022 7:23 pm He sure ain’t doin’ it for freee.
So. He’s getting it done.

And loosing money in the process. Loosing money in Ukraine.

He needs something like a 500% increase in users just to break even.
gounion

Post by gounion »

Bludogdem wrote: Mon Dec 26, 2022 7:59 pm So. He’s getting it done.

And loosing money in the process. Loosing money in Ukraine.

He needs something like a 500% increase in users just to break even.
He is no hero. And you don’t know he’s losing money. We don’t know what the feds are paying him for those satellites.
Bludogdem

Post by Bludogdem »

gounion wrote: Tue Dec 27, 2022 7:43 am He is no hero. And you don’t know he’s losing money. We don’t know what the feds are paying him for those satellites.
Yeah I do know that Starlink is loosing money. I actually read the financials. And have the capacity to understand them.

You just go ahead and live in ignorance.
gounion

Post by gounion »

Bludogdem wrote: Tue Dec 27, 2022 9:01 am Yeah I do know that Starlink is loosing money. I actually read the financials. And have the capacity to understand them.

You don’t have the capacity to do anything but go to message boards and make shit up and pretend to be someone you aren’t, and pretend to have college degrees you don’t. We all know you’re a lying sack of shit.
gounion

Post by gounion »

Bludogdem wrote: Tue Dec 27, 2022 9:01 am Yeah I do know that Starlink is loosing money. I actually read the financials. And have the capacity to understand them.

BTW, Elon does seem to have a special talent for losing money.
Bludogdem

Post by Bludogdem »

gounion wrote: Tue Dec 27, 2022 9:11 am BTW, Elon does seem to have a special talent for losing money.
And yet he’s at the forefront of a hugely successful commercial space business. Made electric autos normal. Is a leader in advanced manufacturing. Has deployed commercially available satellite internet.

Society and the Markets seems to be pretty pleased with these impressive advances and like all advanced technologies they will become profitable.
gounion

Post by gounion »

Bludogdem wrote: Tue Dec 27, 2022 9:38 am And yet he’s at the forefront of a hugely successful commercial space business. Made electric autos normal. Is a leader in advanced manufacturing. Has deployed commercially available satellite internet.

Society and the Markets seems to be pretty pleased with these impressive advances and like all advanced technologies they will become profitable.
They sure crashed a lot of rockets. And he’s doing sooooo good with Twitter and Tesla these days. And he didn’t invent Tesla - they were already a going concern when he bought in.

He’s a carnival barker - like Trump.
Bludogdem

Post by Bludogdem »

gounion wrote: Tue Dec 27, 2022 9:45 am They sure crashed a lot of rockets. And he’s doing sooooo good with Twitter and Tesla these days. And he didn’t invent Tesla - they were already a going concern when he bought in.

He’s a carnival barker - like Trump.
It wasn’t anywhere near a going concern. He turned Tesla into a reality - Gigafactories. Advanced-advanced manufacturing. They crashed a lot of rockets testing huge advances in rocketry.
gounion

Post by gounion »

Bludogdem wrote: Tue Dec 27, 2022 10:02 am It wasn’t anywhere near a going concern. He turned Tesla into a reality - Gigafactories. Advanced-advanced manufacturing. They crashed a lot of rockets testing huge advances in rocketry.
But did Musk do it, or did people in his employ do it? Let’s remember that Ford didn’t invent the assembly line - People that worked for Ford did, including Frederick Taylor.

Let’s look at one of the many boondoggles of Musk - like they hyperloop. It’ll never happen.
Drak

Post by Drak »

So now the sock account is singing praises for Elon on top of defending Trump. Hilarious.

Drak

Post by Drak »

Burn baby burn.

gounion

Post by gounion »

Drak wrote: Tue Dec 27, 2022 10:31 am Burn baby burn.
Elon's decided to become a Trumper - which causes me to seriously question his "genius" bona fides.

And now Tesla isn't the only electric car company in town. Trumpers and conservatives will NEVER buy ANY electric car, they're too wedded to making as much pollution as they can. Liberals will opt for one of the other electric makers, and Tesla may be left without a business.
ZoWie

Post by ZoWie »

> Henry Ford

Too soon to be a Space Karen, they weren't invented yet, but he was certainly a Car Karen. Like Musk, he is known for the accomplishments of people who worked for him. The actual person was a fascist and the worst kind of paternal employer. Don't believe me, JFGI.

> Elon

Two of his schemes hit pay dirt -- Tesla and SpaceX. In the first one, he's the new Henry Ford. The vehicles designed and built by thousands of people made an advanced technology available to the public. Still, the guy running the company is a putz, and other companies run by lesser putzes or not putzes at all are catching up. Don't invest in Tesla unless you're a day trader who buys on the dips.

SpaceX is like looking at NASA, with thousands of earnest young engineers working for a few older experienced bosses, and yes it has some amazing successes. Unfortunately, the jury's still out on Starlink despite CNBC's breathless reports of its use in Iran or some place like that. Meanwhile it's going to ruin terrestrial astronomy. Businesses that ignore consequences are not good long term investments.

We don't hear about his hairbrained scheme to solve LA traffic problems by moving the whole 405 freeway underground. Building it would have devastated the whole west side of town. It would have been the Boston Big Dig times 1000 and obsolete before it was ever finished. It would have crossed a number of active earthquake faults capable of an M6 disaster that would kill everyone down in the thing. Still, they came within a few votes of building it and displacing hundreds of thousands of people. We would have split to NYC full time but many more people would be homeless or in the slums.

We don't hear about his taking credit for the rescue of the Brazilians trapped underwater, to the point of calling the other guy who took credit a pedophile. Everybody lawyered up, but I don't recall the outcome.

We do hear about twitter, because he finally jumped the shark.
Libertas

Post by Libertas »

Drak wrote: Tue Dec 27, 2022 10:19 am So now the sock account is singing praises for Elon on top of defending Trump. Hilarious.
Remarkable to watch how quickly someone will throw away anything about themselves that is decent in order to own the libs.

If they ever did think the right thing, support the right things, they now are willing to abandon all of it to own the libs.
I sigh in your general direction.
Number6

Post by Number6 »

gounion wrote: Tue Dec 27, 2022 7:43 am He is no hero. And you don’t know he’s losing money. We don’t know what the feds are paying him for those satellites.
He probably is losing money, for now, but that wouldn't be unusual for launching a new service. It'll take some time for Starlinks to make a profit. I have no doubt Musk will be asking Congress for money to provide internet service through Starlinks for Urkaine.
When you vote left, you vote right.