Elon Musk, rip-off King!

News and events of the day
carmenjonze

Re: Elon Musk, rip-off King!

Post by carmenjonze »

lucytalk wrote: Sun Nov 06, 2022 3:06 pm not at all

1st ~ he fired the top 4. y'all have voiced your displeasure with twitter pre elon, so starting at the top works for me.

2nd ~ he created a moderation counsel, said that he wouldn’t turn Twitter into a, “free-for-all hellscape, where anything can be said with no consequences!" and so far hasn't changed the moderation rules. so any whacks who went online when he took over and said controversial things to test the new waters was to be expected but lets see what he does about it the near future. he also implanted a way to vote down posts that don't add to the conversation and bravo i say.

3rd - he laid off roughly 50 percent of the staff.
any of you see this video re day in the life of a twit who knew elon was maybe going to buy twitter. hope she was 1st to go cause she really made twitter look bad imo.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qkQbHyLE6Tc

or hear about a bunch of employees giving elon a letter of demand, demanding:

i'm not even able to express my disgust with this letter of entitlement. what part of being an employee gives you a right to DEMAND not laying off anyone (keeping the head count the same)

4th ~ 8 bucks for a blue mark. if you do not want to pay it then don't. no one is forcing you to do it so enough already.

5 ~ if i missed anything that he has done, let me know. i get some of you hate him but don't you think you would be happier if you just deleted your twitter account.
Are you even ON Twitter?

The way to right wrongs is to
Shine the light of truth on them.

~ Ida B. Wells

Post by carmenjonze »

lucytalk wrote: Sun Nov 06, 2022 3:46 pm he corrected his mistake.
Apartheid Boy facilities antisemitism, trumpism, and authoritarianism.

~ Ida B. Wells

Post by lucytalk »

carmenjonze wrote: Sun Nov 06, 2022 4:44 pm Are you even ON Twitter?
lol

yes
imagination is intelligence having fun
lucytalk

Post by lucytalk »

carmenjonze wrote: Sun Nov 06, 2022 4:46 pm Apartheid Boy facilities antisemitism, trumpism, and authoritarianism.
boy you don't like says what?
carmenjonze

Post by carmenjonze »

lucytalk wrote: Sun Nov 06, 2022 4:48 pm boy you don't like says what?
WN is a dirty WN.
Last edited by carmenjonze on Sun Nov 06, 2022 4:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

~ Ida B. Wells

Post by lucytalk »

carmenjonze wrote: Sun Nov 06, 2022 4:50 pm Stupid little fascist facilitates white nationalism and ethnonationalism.
links please
Drak

Post by Drak »

lucytalk wrote: Sun Nov 06, 2022 3:46 pm like you have never made a post you wanted to delete. it matters. he corrected his mistake.

link please.

you do not know that it is headed the way of anything.
It wasn't a mistake. It had the effect he wanted. He has a huge reach. He knows exactly what he's doing. Deleting it doesn't mean anything. Lot's of GOPers do that. They post something they shouldn't then delete it after it's been seen by millions. Then do it again.

As far as SA investors:

https://www.theguardian.com/technology/ ... urity-risk

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2022/10/ ... tter-stake

https://www.brookings.edu/research/why- ... y-grounds/

I can give my opinion on the way Twitter is heading. It's already seen a huge increase in hate posts and fake accounts. Giving anyone the chance to be a blue tick account is also not a good idea. It will allow anyone to be verified.
"Some of those that work forces,
Are the same that burn crosses"

- Rage Against the Machine
gounion

Post by gounion »

lucytalk wrote: Sun Nov 06, 2022 4:43 pm i'm all good if the employees now at twitter form a union. but the difference between employees and employees in a union is separated by law.
I'm sorry, but workers have rights, union or not. They are human beings, not serfs. One shouldn't hold them in contempt for speaking truth to power.

And if they DID vote to join a union, Musk would just ignore it. He doesn't care about worker rights or the law. He's proven that at Tesla. His labor record is as bad as any robber baron.

And he's firing them without giving them two months warning, against federal law.

EDIT TO ADD: And BTW, Lucy, the group letter was Concerted Activity under the National Labor Relations Act, and is protected under the law. They have every right to do so, and I do NOT hold them in contempt, as I matter of fact I champion them for having the courage to speak truth to power.
carmenjonze

Post by carmenjonze »

gounion wrote: Sun Nov 06, 2022 4:13 pm
I know all about Musk and his illegal labor policies and how bad conditions are in his factories. He doesn't give a fuck for the law or the rights of his workers. And let's be clear: There is a law on mass layoffs, passed decades ago, that in such layoffs, they give a two-month notice.
Look at this freaky company.

:?

On the Tesla production line: Dozens of former employees say they faced catcalls, groping, slurs, and harassment on the job - Insider
• In 46 lawsuits, former and current employees allege they were targeted and harassed based on gender and race.

• Tesla has pushed back and filed to move the majority of the cases to private arbitration.
But oh my goodness Apartheid Boy is a GENIUS!

What an a-hole.

~ Ida B. Wells

Post by gounion »

carmenjonze wrote: Sun Nov 06, 2022 5:01 pm Look at this freaky company.

:?

On the Tesla production line: Dozens of former employees say they faced catcalls, groping, slurs, and harassment on the job - Insider

But oh my goodness Apartheid Boy is a GENIUS!

What an a-hole.
We spoke to their workers, both at Tesla and SpaceX. I wasn't kidding when I said he was no better to his employees than the robbers barons over a century ago.
Drak

Post by Drak »

One of Musk's Lieutenants at Twitter, David Sacks, appears to be a Russian Propagandist. He pushes pro Russian propaganda and anti Ukraine messaging on Twitter.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/technolo ... D60OqHLF-s

Sacks has worked with Musk since the two were part of PayPal’s team in the early 2000s. They both made fortunes when the company sold, and Sacks has invested in a string of successful start-ups since then, including Airbnb, Facebook and Uber. He’s also become a conservative media figure and a major Republican donor who helped fund the successful recall of San Francisco DA Chesa Boudin earlier this year. In September, he wrote an article advocating for a referendum in Russia-occupied eastern Ukraine asking residents if they wanted to secede from Ukraine and join Russia, an idea Musk later tweeted himself.

Sacks recently appeared in a Twitter company directory with an official Twitter email and the title “staff software engineer,” according to photos obtained by The Post.
"Some of those that work forces,
Are the same that burn crosses"

- Rage Against the Machine
carmenjonze

Post by carmenjonze »

Drak wrote: Sun Nov 06, 2022 4:53 pm It wasn't a mistake. It had the effect he wanted. He has a huge reach. He knows exactly what he's doing. Deleting it doesn't mean anything. Lot's of GOPers do that. They post something they shouldn't then delete it after it's been seen by millions. Then do it again.

As far as SA investors:

https://www.theguardian.com/technology/ ... urity-risk

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2022/10/ ... tter-stake

https://www.brookings.edu/research/why- ... y-grounds/

I can give my opinion on the way Twitter is heading. It's already seen a huge increase in hate posts and fake accounts. Giving anyone the chance to be a blue tick account is also not a good idea. It will allow anyone to be verified.
The point is to put people who have or need verified accounts in personal danger. Verified accounts on social media are designed in part to protect people in the public eye. This includes these freaks such as Donald Trump and Apartheid Boy himself. :?

Why in the world should anyone pay to be verified…if everyone altogether knows ALL YOU HAVE TO DO IS PAY THE MUNNY and bam, yer “verified.”

Like a typical white-con megalomaniac all this person apparently understands is status and prestige bought by new money. :problem:

~ Ida B. Wells

Post by carmenjonze »

gounion wrote: Sun Nov 06, 2022 5:04 pm We spoke to their workers, both at Tesla and SpaceX. I wasn't kidding when I said he was no better to his employees than the robbers barons over a century ago.
A lawless, entitled robber baron is exactly what he acts like.

Complete with the ethnonationalist adjacency of 120 years ago.

~ Ida B. Wells

Post by gounion »

carmenjonze wrote: Sun Nov 06, 2022 5:09 pm A lawless, entitled robber baron is exactly what he acts like.

Complete with the ethnonationalist adjacency of 120 years ago.
Our nation's oligarchy has done a great job of turning those who should be supporting the rights of workers against them. You see it all the time. They do so by telling the working class that these people think they are better than other workers.

Musk works hard to pretend he's a victim of those uppity workers who are, after all, at fault for all of Twitter's problems, right?
lucytalk

Post by lucytalk »

gounion wrote: Sun Nov 06, 2022 4:58 pm I'm sorry, but workers have rights, union or not. They are human beings, not serfs. One shouldn't hold them in contempt for speaking truth to power.
i agree with you. all i said was, "but the difference between employees and employees in a union is separated by law."
and i maintain employees have different laws than unions do. and in this case an employee legally can not demand no layoffs.
gounion wrote: Sun Nov 06, 2022 4:58 pmAnd if they DID vote to join a union, Musk would just ignore it. He doesn't care about worker rights or the law. He's proven that at Tesla. His labor record is as bad as any robber baron.

And he's firing them without giving them two months warning, against federal law.
that's why we have laws. sue him but if he thinks the payout is better than keeping employees he doesn't want or trust during the restructuring then okay. i'd like to add here if the law says payout = 2 years that he should pay it.
carmenjonze

Post by carmenjonze »

gounion wrote: Sun Nov 06, 2022 5:13 pm Our nation's oligarchy has done a great job of turning those who should be supporting the rights of workers against them. You see it all the time. They do so by telling the working class that these people think they are better than other workers.

Musk works hard to make himself a victim of those uppity workers.
Boo hoo!

It’s so difficult to be a rich genius you guys just don’t understand!

Seriously, this handful of snowflakes is destroying this country because they have to share it with everyone else.

~ Ida B. Wells

Post by gounion »

lucytalk wrote: Sun Nov 06, 2022 5:15 pm i agree with you. all i said was, "but the difference between employees and employees in a union is separated by law."
and i maintain employees have different laws than unions do. and in this case an employee legally can not demand no layoffs.
What they did in writing the letter is Concerted Activity under the National Labor Relations Act, and is protected activity. They CAN make that demand legally. Show me the law that says they can't.

I'm betting I'm more educated on labor law than you are.

Of course, they can't enforce that or make it happen, but they CAN make such a demand. It's a strong statement, that's good in speaking the truth to power. I admire their courage in writing such a letter, and I couldn't have written one better myself.

Unions can't enforce such a demand, either, often even if they have it in the contract - companies often abrogate much or all of labor contracts when companies are sold.
carmenjonze

Post by carmenjonze »

gounion wrote: Sun Nov 06, 2022 5:21 pm What they did in writing the letter is Concerted Activity under the National Labor Relations Act, and is protected activity. They CAN make that demand legally. Show me the law that says they can't.

I'm betting I'm more educated on labor law than you are.

Of course, they can't enforce that or make it happen, but they CAN make such a demand. It's a strong statement, that's good in speaking the truth to power. I admire their courage in writing such a letter, and I couldn't have written one better myself.

Unions can't enforce such a demand, either, often even if they have it in the contract - companies often abrogate much or all of labor contracts when companies are sold.
People really detest it when workers take action against corrupt, abusive, criminal bosses.

It’s kind of incredible that even with the labor standards/laws we have in this country and after all it took to get them, hundred millions of working people are still the underdogs in any labor struggle.

~ Ida B. Wells

Post by gounion »

Federal Law: WARN Notice:
The Worker Adjustment and Retraining Notification Act (WARN) protects workers, their families, and communities by requiring employers with 100 or more employees (generally not counting those who have worked less than six months in the last 12 months and those who work an average of less than 20 hours a week) to provide at least 60 calendar days advance written notice of a plant closing and mass layoff affecting 50 or more employees at a single site of employment. WARN makes certain exceptions to the requirements when layoffs occur due to unforeseeable business circumstances, faltering companies, and natural disasters. Advance notice gives workers and their families some transition time to adjust to the prospective loss of employment, to seek and obtain other jobs, and if necessary, to enter skill training or retraining that will allow these workers to compete successfully in the job market. Regular federal, state, local, and federally-recognized Indian Tribal government entities that provide public services are not covered.

Employees entitled to notice under WARN include managers and supervisors, as well as hourly and salaried workers. WARN requires that notice also be given to employees' representatives, the local chief elected official, and the state dislocated worker unit.
gounion

Post by gounion »

carmenjonze wrote: Sun Nov 06, 2022 5:27 pm People really detest it when workers take action against corrupt, abusive, criminal bosses.

It’s kind of incredible that even with the labor standards/laws we have in this country and after all it took to get them, hundred millions of working people are still the underdogs in any labor struggle.
As soon as the National Labor Relations Act was instituted, the right started working to weaken it, and they've done a masterful job.
carmenjonze

Post by carmenjonze »

gounion wrote: Sun Nov 06, 2022 5:29 pm As soon as the National Labor Relations Act was instituted, the right started working to weaken it, and they've done a masterful job.
They’re mad they have to pay wages for work, at all.

Except to geniuses.

Genius work is very important!!!!

~ Ida B. Wells

Post by carmenjonze »

Lol look at this a-hole.

Elon Musk
@elonmusk

Going forward, any Twitter handles engaging in impersonation without clearly specifying “parody” will be permanently suspended

https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1589390597798125568

~ Ida B. Wells

Post by carmenjonze »

~ Ida B. Wells

Post by Bludogdem »

gounion wrote: Sun Nov 06, 2022 4:58 pm

He sent notice to those being let go November 4. While the layoff is immediate they reman employees with full pay and benefits until January 4. After January 4 they will learn details of their severance. The vast majority of these people have stock that will be redeemed for cash at $54 a share.
carmenjonze

Post by carmenjonze »

:lol:

Berny Belvedere
@bernybelvedere

Half expecting the next tweet in this thread to be: “And another motherfucking thing: starting now, retweets *are* endorsements.”

"Any name change at all will cause temporary loss of verified checkmark."

:? K.

~ Ida B. Wells