Macebell Workouts

Introduce yourself, or talk about what's happening in your life
Drak

Macebell Workouts

Post by Drak »

Has anyone here used one of these before for exercise?

I wanted to step into something different for conditioning instead of just skipping rope on cardio days outside of weights. So I keep seeing fitness folks using these. My medieval side kicked in and I thought I'd give it a go, it looked like fun. I bought a 10 pound bell and it sure feels a lot heavier than 10 pounds with the leverage. 10 pounds is the suggested starting weight.

I'm starting slow and just learning the moves but I started venturing into the 360 after a couple days of handling.

This is what they look like (trainer model not included).

"Some of those that work forces,
Are the same that burn crosses"

- Rage Against the Machine
Libertas

Re: Macebell Workouts

Post by Libertas »

The hernias and backaches I would get :lol: :lol: :lol:
I sigh in your general direction.
Drak

Post by Drak »

Libertas wrote: Fri Nov 04, 2022 2:38 pm The hernias and backaches I would get :lol: :lol: :lol:
Yeah that probably wouldn’t work, although it’s supposed to be great for posture and shoulder health.

Libertas

Post by Libertas »

Drak wrote: Fri Nov 04, 2022 4:10 pm Yeah that probably wouldn’t work, although it’s supposed to be great for posture and shoulder health.
Scoliosis here and natural bad posture. I hate it, I can correct it but only when reminded.
I sigh in your general direction.
Drak

Post by Drak »

Libertas wrote: Fri Nov 04, 2022 4:12 pm Scoliosis here and natural bad posture. I hate it, I can correct it but only when reminded.
I’ve had my share of posture issues, too. I’ve been working on it a lot and I’ve noticed significant improvement. Lots of various stretches and back exercises, but it’s paid off. Pain in the ass though. I used to have a lot of pain on my right side playing guitar, even sitting down. The pain is now gone. It was a scapular wing issue with that.