MAGA House

News and events of the day
ap215

Re: MAGA House

Post by ap215 »

Awesome.

Investigating the investigators: Dem strategists to launch counterpunch to House GOP

A group of top Democratic strategists are launching a multi-million-dollar hub to counter an expected investigative onslaught by the likely incoming House GOP majority — digging into President Joe Biden, his administration and his son, on top of potential Cabinet impeachments.

The newly relaunched Congressional Integrity Project initiative, details of which were shared first with POLITICO, will include rapid response teams, investigative researchers, pollsters and eventually a paid media campaign to put congressional Republicans “squarely on the defense,” founder Kyle Herrig said in an interview.

https://www.politico.com/news/2022/11/1 ... m-00065498
gounion

Post by gounion »

JoeMemphis wrote: Fri Nov 18, 2022 9:34 am
I never said Congress didn’t have a legitimate right to investigate. I never opposed a single investigation. What I did say is that to enforce Congressional subpoena power requires the DOJ’s support. Without that congressional investigations can and are stonewalled and toothless. That’s the Obama/Holder strategy.

I have much more confidence in DOJ investigations as long as they are performed by objective, independent, competent and thorough professional law enforcement officers. That doesn’t mean that I don’t also support the legitimate right of Congress to investigate under their oversight responsibility. I challenge you to show where I have ever objected to that.

As to your last statement, I supported every single investigation into DJT. Never objected nor made excuses for a single one. Once again. I have no double standard here. What’s good for the goose is good for the gander. You should try it instead of twisting yourself into a pretzel or flip flopping like a fish on hot concrete.
Oh, yeah, you support the DoJ. :lol: :lol: :lol:

So, the party YOU voted for, is saying they will now investigate Special Counsel Jack Smith. That's what soon-to-be Judicial Committee Chair Jim Jeffords is saying. https://www.rawstory.com/jim-jordan-jack-smith/

So why don't you explain what basis the Judicial Committee has to investigate Smith, and why you support this. Go ahead. I dare ya.
ProfX

Post by ProfX »

Awesome ... Smith hasn't even started working yet, and they're already accusing him of wrongdoing. :roll:
"Don't believe every quote attributed to people on the Internet" -- Abraham Lincoln :D
gounion

Post by gounion »

ProfX wrote: Sun Nov 20, 2022 11:16 am Awesome ... Smith hasn't even started working yet, and they're already accusing him of wrongdoing. :roll:
Yeah, and Joe Glenn and Greengrass are going to pretend it's all justified.
Libertas

Post by Libertas »

ProfX wrote: Sun Nov 20, 2022 11:16 am Awesome ... Smith hasn't even started working yet, and they're already accusing him of wrongdoing. :roll:
Two years of pure hell, and if two years from now there’s still only one out of four people under the age of 29 voting, I will be, if I’m alive, furious.

Let’s see these assholes defend Pence and Trump refusing to comply with a subpoena, which is telling the American people that there is no law, there is no government, they can do what they want.
I sigh in your general direction.
JoeMemphis

Post by JoeMemphis »

gounion wrote: Sun Nov 20, 2022 11:13 am Oh, yeah, you support the DoJ. :lol: :lol: :lol:

So, the party YOU voted for, is saying they will now investigate Special Counsel Jack Smith. That's what soon-to-be Judicial Committee Chair Jim Jeffords is saying. https://www.rawstory.com/jim-jordan-jack-smith/

So why don't you explain what basis the Judicial Committee has to investigate Smith, and why you support this. Go ahead. I dare ya.
I do support the DOJ. Always have. I do think there are times when a special counsel is called for. But by and large I do tend to support law enforcement.

As I said earlier, I do not support meaningless investigations into unsupported allegations. I still don’t. I don’t care who is the target or who is the accuser or what their party affiliation happens to be. It’s not a difficult standard. You should try it on.
gounion

Post by gounion »

JoeMemphis wrote: Tue Nov 22, 2022 5:45 pm I do support the DOJ. Always have. I do think there are times when a special counsel is called for. But by and large I do tend to support law enforcement.

As I said earlier, I do not support meaningless investigations into unsupported allegations. I still don’t. I don’t care who is the target or who is the accuser or what their party affiliation happens to be. It’s not a difficult standard. You should try it on.
It's the people you voted for that are already setting up to investigate all kinds of idiotic things.

But you will NEVER speak out against them.
JoeMemphis

Post by JoeMemphis »

gounion wrote: Tue Nov 22, 2022 5:51 pm It's the people you voted for that are already setting up to investigate all kinds of idiotic things.

But you will NEVER speak out against them.
I seem to recall people you claim to support launching or calling for investigations based on little more than rumor. You never speak out against them.

What fucked logic that is. If some member of one party or the other makes a statement and a poster doesn’t speak out against it, in your feeble mind, that’s support. If you bother to ask and they deny support for that position, you don’t believe them. So why bother either way. Damned if you do, damned if you don’t. You are just looking to start an argument.
gounion

Post by gounion »

JoeMemphis wrote: Wed Nov 23, 2022 6:31 am I seem to recall people you claim to support launching or calling for investigations based on little more than rumor. You never speak out against them.

You seem to recall wrong. I want responsible, professional government. Which is what President Biden and the Dems are giving us, and the exact opposite of the crazies in the GOP.
What fucked logic that is. If some member of one party or the other makes a statement and a poster doesn’t speak out against it, in your feeble mind, that’s support. If you bother to ask and they deny support for that position, you don’t believe them. So why bother either way. Damned if you do, damned if you don’t. You are just looking to start an argument.
Look, this is what you voted for. The GOP is ran by a lunatic, and full of lunatics. They are just going to do what they said they were going to do, and you voted for what they wanted to do. You say you're for gay rights, but you voted for one of the most anti-gay governors around. You LOVE investigations into all the crazy shit that the GOP is dreaming up.

So deal with it.
carmenjonze

Post by carmenjonze »

JoeMemphis wrote: Wed Nov 23, 2022 6:31 am What fucked logic that is.
You throw your support to people like Ron DeSantis and Marsha Blackburn based on f'ed logic.

Is this what they teach you to do at Bell Buckle Bible College?

The way to right wrongs is to
Shine the light of truth on them.

~ Ida B. Wells

Post by gounion »

It's why you vote for them, Joe! It's funny - you SAY, for instance, that you support ObamaCare. But when every GOP Senator except for one, John McCain, voted to repeal the ACA, with nothing to replace it with, you don't mind at all, and support their actions. You're full of shit, and we all know it.

Drak

Post by Drak »

JoeMemphis wrote: Wed Nov 23, 2022 6:31 am I seem to recall people you claim to support launching or calling for investigations based on little more than rumor. You never speak out against them.
You’re lying. No one here has ever stated they want investigations based on a little more than rumor. You’re the one who is Ok with bogus investigations, and you said so many times. Like Uranium One, etc. It’s projection with you. You we’re still defending the Benghazi show trials even though Trey Gowdy confirmed it was a political stunt.

It’s also interesting that you’re Ok with people running investigations who refuse to comply with subpoenas, who keep filing appeals to avoid investigations, are bogging down the court system, who plead the 5th, and who want to defund and shut down the DOJ.
"Some of those that work forces,
Are the same that burn crosses"

- Rage Against the Machine
JoeMemphis

Post by JoeMemphis »

gounion wrote: Wed Nov 23, 2022 7:07 am You seem to recall wrong. I want responsible, professional government. Which is what President Biden and the Dems are giving us, and the exact opposite of the crazies in the GOP.

Look, this is what you voted for. The GOP is ran by a lunatic, and full of lunatics. They are just going to do what they said they were going to do, and you voted for what they wanted to do. You say you're for gay rights, but you voted for one of the most anti-gay governors around. You LOVE investigations into all the crazy shit that the GOP is dreaming up.

So deal with it.
We all want responsible professional government. Oversight is part of that. You seem only willing to have inquiries into one party and will completely ignore the other. Oversight cuts both ways. So maybe you should learn to deal with that.
JoeMemphis

Post by JoeMemphis »

gounion wrote: Wed Nov 23, 2022 7:25 am It's why you vote for them, Joe! It's funny - you SAY, for instance, that you support ObamaCare. But when every GOP Senator except for one, John McCain, voted to repeal the ACA, with nothing to replace it with, you don't mind at all, and support their actions. You're full of shit, and we all know it.

Yeah. Prove that. Show a single post of mine that advocated doing away with ACA. You make all these claims and you can’t support them. So you are the one making unfounded and unsupported allegations. Why should I believe a single thing you claim? It’s all conspiracy theory that rarely comes to pass.
Drak

Post by Drak »

JoeMemphis wrote: Wed Nov 23, 2022 9:07 am We all want responsible professional government. Oversight is part of that. You seem only willing to have inquiries into one party and will completely ignore the other. Oversight cuts both ways. So maybe you should learn to deal with that.
No, deal with this.

Joe Memphis was animated over

Benghazi
Uranium One
Investigations into the Afghanistan Evac
Durham

But didn't care about what happened on J6. Claimed that gas was more important and only morons would be interested in J6. Didn't give a shit about what Trump was up to and stated so countless times.

Then says he wants professional government? A professional government from the very people who are attempting to cover up for Donald Trump? Who have avoided subpoenas, keep stonewalling the courts with appeals, and who plead the 5th? People who have stated they wanted to toss out a free and fair election? Yeah OK.

Hunter Biden is a private citizen. He's already being investigated by the DOJ. This is NOT a priority for congress. This is a blatant political stunt. These are the same people who admitted Benghazi was a political stunt. This guy's a complete clown.

Drak

Post by Drak »

JoeMemphis wrote: Wed Nov 23, 2022 9:09 am Yeah. Prove that. Show a single post of mine that advocated doing away with ACA. You make all these claims and you can’t support them. So you are the one making unfounded and unsupported allegations. Why should I believe a single thing you claim? It’s all conspiracy theory that rarely comes to pass.
You constantly use this type of thing as a defense. The fact is, at best you just don't care about things like affordable health care, women's rights, gay/trans rights, human rights. These things are just not important to you over money. You only care about the myth that you'll some how save a buck under Republicans. Or the myth that Republicans are more about a hands off government, and less overreach, which is the opposite of reality.

gounion

Post by gounion »

JoeMemphis wrote: Wed Nov 23, 2022 9:09 am Yeah. Prove that. Show a single post of mine that advocated doing away with ACA. You make all these claims and you can’t support them. So you are the one making unfounded and unsupported allegations. Why should I believe a single thing you claim? It’s all conspiracy theory that rarely comes to pass.
You were around when the GOP tried to overturn the ACA - every Senator except McCain voted to do so, without ANYTHING to replace it with. And you supported the Senators in Tennessee and the Senators in Florida that voted against it.

Tell me, Joe, is THAT what you consider responsible professional governance? Yes or no?
JoeMemphis

Post by JoeMemphis »

gounion wrote: Wed Nov 23, 2022 10:43 am You were around when the GOP tried to overturn the ACA - every Senator except McCain voted to do so, without ANYTHING to replace it with. And you supported the Senators in Tennessee and the Senators in Florida that voted against it.

Tell me, Joe, is THAT what you consider responsible professional governance? Yes or no?
I don’t think M4A is reasonable professional judgement. You support people who advocate that. I don’t think trillion dollar spending bills in a time we have record levels of inflation to be reasonable professional government. I don’t consider an open border reasonable or professional. You support people who support all these things.

So I may wind up voting for people with whom I don’t always agree or not voting at all.

Such is your voting logic.
gounion

Post by gounion »

JoeMemphis wrote: Wed Nov 23, 2022 11:01 am I don’t think M4A is reasonable professional judgement. You support people who advocate that. I don’t think trillion dollar spending bills in a time we have record levels of inflation to be reasonable professional government. I don’t consider an open border reasonable or professional. You support people who support all these things.

So I may wind up voting for people with whom I don’t always agree or not voting at all.

Is repealing the ACA without ANY replacement reasonable and professional governance? YES OR NO?

Don't try to deflect.

The GOP promised over and over they would have a replacement, but they have NEVER produced one. Why not?

And M4A IS a responsible, professional proposal, worthy of reasoned debate. But since you guys have NO solution to the health care problem, why should you vote for people that are NOT interested in reasonable, professional governance?

But all you can do is deflect, because you can't make the argument that what they did was responsible or professional. Yet you vote for and champion such idiots.
Drak

Post by Drak »

JoeMemphis wrote: Wed Nov 23, 2022 11:01 am I don’t think M4A is reasonable professional judgement. You support people who advocate that. I don’t think trillion dollar spending bills in a time we have record levels of inflation to be reasonable professional government. I don’t consider an open border reasonable or professional. You support people who support all these things.

World wide inflation has nothing to do with the Biden government. You certainly have no problem with trillion dollar bills for the rich, or trillions to a border wall or trillions of dollars spent in the middle east.

As far as "professional government" and your voting logic.

A professional government would act in a professional manner. Instead, the GOP is a party of childish trolls. Their leadership is Donald Trump, MTG, Kevin MCCarthy, Gym Jordon, Steve Bannon, etc.

Holding vendetta/retribution show trials is not a professional government. Constantly attacking the DOJ and the FBI, is not a professional government. Covering for and helping Donald Trump avoid accountability, is not a professional government. Attempting to bury an investigation into an attack on the Capital, an attack on the Nation, is not a professional government. Claiming you're not going to give committee assignments to Adam Schiff, Ilhan Omar and Eric Salwell because you're butt hurt mad and don't like them, is not a professional government. Announcing investigations into Nancy Pelosi for what happened on J6, is not a professional government.

Anyone with clear, objective reasoning and wisdom can see this. And saying things like, "what's good for the goose," is not a serious person.

Joe Memphis is nothing but a both sides fabricator. It doesn't matter how low the GOP goes, he always claims the Liberals are the same while he votes for clown car villains. It's beyond silly. He does this to justify to himself who and what he votes for. No one here buys the BS.

JoeMemphis

Post by JoeMemphis »

gounion wrote: Wed Nov 23, 2022 11:06 am Is repealing the ACA without ANY replacement reasonable and professional governance? YES OR NO?

Don't try to deflect.

The GOP promised over and over they would have a replacement, but they have NEVER produced one. Why not?

And M4A IS a responsible, professional proposal, worthy of reasoned debate. But since you guys have NO solution to the health care problem, why should you vote for people that are NOT interested in reasonable, professional governance?

But all you can do is deflect, because you can't make the argument that what they did was responsible or professional. Yet you vote for and champion such idiots.
I said at the time and manny times since that I didn’t support overturning ACA without a viable alternative. Many many times.
gounion

Post by gounion »

JoeMemphis wrote: Wed Nov 23, 2022 12:06 pm I said at the time and manny times since that I didn’t support overturning ACA without a viable alternative. Many many times.
So tell me, Joe, how, first, that vote was responsible and professional governance.

And second, why you support such elected officials that would do something so damned irresponsible and unprofessional?

I mean, it wasn't just one or two. It was EVERY DAMNED ONE OF THEM except for John McCain.
JoeMemphis

Post by JoeMemphis »

gounion wrote: Wed Nov 23, 2022 12:10 pm So tell me, Joe, how, first, that vote was responsible and professional governance.

And second, why you support such elected officials that would do something so damned irresponsible and unprofessional?

I mean, it wasn't just one or two. It was EVERY DAMNED ONE OF THEM except for John McCain.
First I already said I didn’t support overturning ACA.

Second - the question was ACA. Not about how I arrive at my voting decision. You called that deflection. So stop deflecting.
gounion

Post by gounion »

JoeMemphis wrote: Wed Nov 23, 2022 12:33 pm First I already said I didn’t support overturning ACA.

Second - the question was ACA. Not about how I arrive at my voting decision. You called that deflection. So stop deflecting.
Not deflecting at all. YOU are the one that said you wanted reasonable, responsible and professional government. That's NOT what we are getting with the GOP. We DO get that from the Dems.

So tell me, was the attempt to overturn the ACA without a replacement reasonable? Was it responsible? Was it professional?

Yes or no?
JoeMemphis

Post by JoeMemphis »

gounion wrote: Wed Nov 23, 2022 1:00 pm Not deflecting at all. YOU are the one that said you wanted reasonable, responsible and professional government. That's NOT what we are getting with the GOP. We DO get that from the Dems.

So tell me, was the attempt to overturn the ACA without a replacement reasonable? Was it responsible? Was it professional?

Yes or no?
Asked and answered.