MAGA House

News and events of the day
gounion

Re: MAGA House

Post by gounion »

JoeMemphis wrote: Wed Nov 23, 2022 1:07 pm Asked and answered.
No you haven't answered yet. You've just deflected.

Answer the question!
JoeMemphis

Post by JoeMemphis »

gounion wrote: Wed Nov 23, 2022 1:07 pm No you haven't answered yet. You've just deflected.

Answer the question!
I told you several times I did not support overturning ACA without a viable option. If I thought it was reasonable I would have supported it.
gounion

Post by gounion »

JoeMemphis wrote: Wed Nov 23, 2022 1:09 pm I told you several times I did not support overturning ACA without a viable option. If I thought it was reasonable I would have supported it.
That didn't answer my question. THIS is the question:

Was the attempt to overturn the ACA without a replacement reasonable? Was it responsible? Was it professional?

Yes or no?
JoeMemphis

Post by JoeMemphis »

gounion wrote: Wed Nov 23, 2022 1:11 pm That didn't answer my question. THIS is the question:

Was the attempt to overturn the ACA without a replacement reasonable? Was it responsible? Was it professional?

Yes or no?
Asked and answered.
gounion

Post by gounion »

JoeMemphis wrote: Wed Nov 23, 2022 1:12 pm Asked and answered.
You gutless worm, you have NOT answered it. You get one more chance to speak for yourself, or I'll just take for granted what your answer is.
JoeMemphis

Post by JoeMemphis »

gounion wrote: Wed Nov 23, 2022 1:13 pm You gutless worm, you have NOT answered it. You get one more chance to speak for yourself, or I'll just take for granted what your answer is.
You are the gutless worm that ran away in the thread about M4A in CA. So PTK. You start answering questions put to you and then you can lecture others. Until then I’ll answer as I please. You don’t get to dictate/demand how I answer your question.

You are free to take my answer any damn way you please.
gounion

Post by gounion »

JoeMemphis wrote: Wed Nov 23, 2022 1:18 pm You are the gutless worm that ran away in the thread about M4A in CA. So PTK. You start answering questions out to you and then you can lecture others. Until then I’ll answer as I please. You don’t get to dictate/demand how I answer your question.

You are free to take my answer any damn way you please.
I never ran from ANY thread you were in. You're the one that runs away.

We all know what your answer is - the action of the GOP was NOT reasonable. It was NOT responsible. It was NOT professional.

So you have no interest in reasonable, responsible or professional government any way, shape or form. That's why you vote GOP, you gutless idiot. That's why you champion your Senator, that scammed more money from the federal government than anyone in history.

That's why you support the new GOP House majority, and you'll support them in everything they do. Because you're a lying sack of shit.
JoeMemphis

Post by JoeMemphis »

gounion wrote: Wed Nov 23, 2022 1:21 pm I never ran from ANY thread you were in. You're the one that runs away.

We all know what your answer is - the action of the GOP was NOT reasonable. It was NOT responsible. It was NOT professional.

So you have no interest in reasonable, responsible or professional government any way, shape or form. That's why you vote GOP, you gutless idiot. That's why you champion your Senator, that scammed more money from the federal government than anyone in history.

That's why you support the new GOP House majority, and you'll support them in everything they do. Because you're a lying sack of shit.
You most certainly ran away in that thread and it wasn’t the first time.

I haven’t run away in this thread. You asked if I supported repealing ACA without a viable alternative. I said I did not. I have held that position consistently for years and you can not show a single post to the contrary.

So there you go.

You said earlier in this thread that how I arrived at my voting decision was deflection. And yet here you are deflecting and inviting deflection. If the question regards policy on ACA, you have my answer. The rest of your rant is YOU deflecting.
gounion

Post by gounion »

JoeMemphis wrote: Wed Nov 23, 2022 1:27 pm You most certainly ran away in that thread and it wasn’t the first time.
Show me the thread and I'll pick back up in it.
I haven’t run away in this thread. You asked if I supported repealing ACA without a viable alternative. I said I did not. I have held that position consistently for years and you can not show a single post to the contrary.

So there you go.

You said earlier in this thread that how I arrived at my voting decision was deflection. And yet here you are deflecting and inviting deflection. If the question regards policy on ACA, you have my answer. The rest of your rant is YOU deflecting.
No, you made the assertion that you supported reasonable, responsible and professional government. That was YOUR assertion.

So, I asked if you considered the GOP attempting - with the support of EVERY Senator except for McCain - to repeal the ACA with ZERO ideas of how to replace it, was the actions of a reasonable, responsible and professional government.

And you were too gutless to answer it.

Because you KNOW it wasn't reasonable. You KNOW it wasn't responsible. You KNOW it wasn't professional. But you didn't care. So, that gives lie to your assertion that you support reasonable, responsible and professional government. You're happy with government ran by a bunch of nutjobs in GOP red.
JoeMemphis

Post by JoeMemphis »

gounion wrote: Wed Nov 23, 2022 1:31 pm Show me the thread and I'll pick back up in it.
No, you made the assertion that you supported reasonable, responsible and professional government. That was YOUR assertion.

So, I asked if you considered the GOP attempting - with the support of EVERY Senator except for McCain - to repeal the ACA with ZERO ideas of how to replace it, was the actions of a reasonable, responsible and professional government.

And you were too gutless to answer it.

Because you KNOW it wasn't reasonable. You KNOW it wasn't responsible. You KNOW it wasn't professional. But you didn't care. So, that gives lie to your assertion that you support reasonable, responsible and professional government. You're happy with government ran by a bunch of nutjobs in GOP red.
I said earlier in this thread that I did not think overturning ACA without a viable alternative was reasonable. Go back and read.
Drak

Post by Drak »

Anyone who thinks the GOP is responsible, reasonable or professional, should be laughed off these boards.
"Some of those that work forces,
Are the same that burn crosses"

- Rage Against the Machine
gounion

Post by gounion »

JoeMemphis wrote: Wed Nov 23, 2022 1:33 pm I said earlier in this thread that I did not think overturning ACA without a viable alternative was reasonable. Go back and read.
So, again, was it responsible? Was it professional?

What would the GOP have done if McCain HAD voted yes? If they had gotten their way?

What would they have done then?
JoeMemphis

Post by JoeMemphis »

gounion wrote: Wed Nov 23, 2022 1:36 pm So, again, was it responsible? Was it professional?

What would the GOP have done if McCain HAD voted yes? If they had gotten their way?

What would they have done then?
I dunno. As I said, I didn’t support the decision and said so at the time. You would have to ask someone who supported the decision.

If there was a plan, I didn’t know of it then or now.
gounion

Post by gounion »

JoeMemphis wrote: Wed Nov 23, 2022 2:30 pm I dunno. As I said, I didn’t support the decision and said so at the time. You would have to ask someone who supported the decision.
You supported the Senators that voted for it. It was obviously NOT a reasonable, responsible or professional thing to do.

But you don't mind, because you don't WANT a reasonable, responsible or professional government. You want a GOP government.
JoeMemphis

Post by JoeMemphis »

gounion wrote: Wed Nov 23, 2022 2:32 pm You supported the Senators that voted for it. It was obviously NOT a reasonable, responsible or professional thing to do.

But you don't mind, because you don't WANT a reasonable, responsible or professional government. You want a GOP government.
There’s lots of things in government that are not reasonable, responsible or professional. So either we vote for the folks we don’t agree with 100 percent of the time or we don’t vote at all. Nobody and no party gets everything right.

I have made no bones about the fact I prefer a government on the moderate conservative side of things. I haven’t hidden that fact. You seem to believe that you have to agree with a candidate 100 percent of the time or not vote at all. That’s not reasonable. It’s not realistic. Yours is not the only point of view. Hate to break it to you.
gounion

Post by gounion »

JoeMemphis wrote: Wed Nov 23, 2022 3:18 pm There’s lots of things in government that are not reasonable, responsible or professional. So either we vote for the folks we don’t agree with 100 percent of the time or we don’t vote at all. Nobody and no party gets everything right.
I'm sorry, but historically, the Dems are in the reasonable, responsible and professional column. Joe Biden's governing has been NOTHING but reasonable, responsible and professional. Same with President Obama.

The GOP is the exact opposite of that these days. They are all nuts. Not only is the GOP still wholly owned by Donald Trump, but the elected officials in the GOP are just plain nuts. They campaigned on shutting down the government. That's what you voted for.
I have made no bones about the fact I prefer a government on the moderate conservative side of things. I haven’t hidden that fact. You seem to believe that you have to agree with a candidate 100 percent of the time or not vote at all. That’s not reasonable. It’s not realistic. Yours is not the only point of view. Hate to break it to you.
But the GOP isn't moderate or conservative. I mean, in the past the GOP was strongly on the pro-business spectrum, did what they could for business, which included spending and taxation and regulation. Business doesn't like change, doesn't like uncertainty.

Now you voted for a government that just wants to shut down all government. That wants to do away with the ACA with nothing to replace it. That wants to defund the DoJ. That wants to, with no actual reason, to spend their time impeaching Joe Biden, Merrick Garland and much of the rest of Biden's cabinet.

A Governor that attacked a major corporation, the biggest employer in Florida, because they had the temerity to say they disagreed with your Governor's attacks on the LGBTQ+ community (a community you SAY you support), and you voted for him anyway.

Joe, that isn't moderation. That isn't conservatism. That's just fucking nuts. And that's what you vote for.

So when you vote for these nuts, you can't come here and pretend that you're for common sense, because you demonstrably aren't. You're voting for tearing it all down.
JoeMemphis

Post by JoeMemphis »

gounion wrote: Wed Nov 23, 2022 3:36 pm I'm sorry, but historically, the Dems are in the reasonable, responsible and professional column. Joe Biden's governing has been NOTHING but reasonable, responsible and professional. Same with President Obama.

The GOP is the exact opposite of that these days. They are all nuts. Not only is the GOP still wholly owned by Donald Trump, but the elected officials in the GOP are just plain nuts. They campaigned on shutting down the government. That's what you voted for.

But the GOP isn't moderate or conservative. I mean, in the past the GOP was strongly on the pro-business spectrum, did what they could for business, which included spending and taxation and regulation. Business doesn't like change, doesn't like uncertainty.

Now you voted for a government that just wants to shut down all government. That wants to do away with the ACA with nothing to replace it. That wants to defund the DoJ. That wants to, with no actual reason, to spend their time impeaching Joe Biden, Merrick Garland and much of the rest of Biden's cabinet.

A Governor that attacked a major corporation, the biggest employer in Florida, because they had the temerity to say they disagreed with your Governor's attacks on the LGBTQ+ community (a community you SAY you support), and you voted for him anyway.

Joe, that isn't moderation. That isn't conservatism. That's just fucking nuts. And that's what you vote for.

So when you vote for these nuts, you can't come here and pretend that you're for common sense, because you demonstrably aren't. You're voting for tearing it all down.
You are welcome to your point of view. I don’t share it. But you spend your vote as you please and I will do the same.

It’s funny to me that you think conservatives are unreasonable and yet you planted your ass in a conservative Republican state. Smack dab in the middle of folks whose opinions you obviously hate and think unreasonable. In the middle of a state full of people you believe hate democracy. To use your words, in a state full of people you consider nut jobs. How stupid are you?

:lol: :lol: :lol:
carmenjonze

Post by carmenjonze »

JoeMemphis wrote: Wed Nov 23, 2022 4:28 pm It’s funny to me that you think conservatives are unreasonable and yet you planted your ass in a conservative Republican state. Smack dab in the middle of folks whose opinions you obviously hate and think unreasonable. In the middle of a state full of people you believe hate democracy. To use your words, in a state full of people you consider nut jobs.
This is such a stupid post.

California itself is chock full of nasty conservative Republicans, we're just thankfully offset by our population centers.
How stupid are you?
:?

This entire country is infected with the type of conservatism that gives special rights to yourselves and uses a broad brush to deny basic rights to millions of others.

Could be California, could be Arizona, could be Tennessee or New England or the south or the midwest.

You are the last person on this board who should be asking rhetorical questions like "how stupid are you."

The way to right wrongs is to
Shine the light of truth on them.

~ Ida B. Wells

Post by gounion »

JoeMemphis wrote: Wed Nov 23, 2022 4:28 pm You are welcome to your point of view. I don’t share it. But you spend your vote as you please and I will do the same.
I'm just dealing in reality. You tried to pretend that you want a reasonable, responsible and professional government. You don't, and your voting history proves it. You want a government full of nutjobs.
It’s funny to me that you think conservatives are unreasonable and yet you planted your ass in a conservative Republican state. Smack dab in the middle of folks whose opinions you obviously hate and think unreasonable. In the middle of a state full of people you believe hate democracy. To use your words, in a state full of people you consider nut jobs. How stupid are you?

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Dunno if you know this, but not everyone in the state is like this. There are very liberal people here too. Trump only won the state by 60%, and 68% of registered voters voted in Tennessee in 2020. So, less the half the people are for the same nutjobs you are. You're an accountant, you do the math.

Tennessee is a beautiful state, lots of trees and lakes and mountains and things to do, and I fell in love with it several years ago.

And Nashville, like all conclaves of creative peoples, is also liberal. There's a great artistic culture in this state, which bred people like Dolly Parton. While I don't care for the current country music popular nationally, I love roots country music and I love bluegrass. It's the music I grew up with. I'm drawn to it. The town I live in is also a college town, and I love that vibe too, young and decidedly NOT redneck. You really see very few Trump bumper stickers here.

I was born and raised in Kansas, and lived for several years in Texas. I'm not a big-city boy, though I've spent plenty of time in lots of big cities. Not a country boy either, I've never lived in the country. I feel comfortable here.

Any further stupid questions?
JoeMemphis

Post by JoeMemphis »

gounion wrote: Wed Nov 23, 2022 5:34 pm I'm just dealing in reality. You tried to pretend that you want a reasonable, responsible and professional government. You don't, and your voting history proves it. You want a government full of nutjobs.

Dunno if you know this, but not everyone in the state is like this. There are very liberal people here too. Trump only won the state by 60%, and 68% of registered voters voted in Tennessee in 2020. So, less the half the people are for the same nutjobs you are. You're an accountant, you do the math.

Tennessee is a beautiful state, lots of trees and lakes and mountains and things to do, and I fell in love with it several years ago.

And Nashville, like all conclaves of creative peoples, is also liberal. There's a great artistic culture in this state, which bred people like Dolly Parton. While I don't care for the current country music popular nationally, I love roots country music and I love bluegrass. It's the music I grew up with. I'm drawn to it. The town I live in is also a college town, and I love that vibe too, young and decidedly NOT redneck. You really see very few Trump bumper stickers here.

I was born and raised in Kansas, and lived for several years in Texas. I'm not a big-city boy, though I've spent plenty of time in lots of big cities. Not a country boy either, I've never lived in the country. I feel comfortable here.

Any further stupid questions?
As I said, you are welcome to your opinion. I just note that when it came time for you to invest your money, you did so in a state full of people you think are nut jobs. Run by people you think are nut jobs. You didn’t move to a utopian paradise run by Dems, you choose to spend your money here in the heart of red Republican America surrounded by people you think want to shut down the government.

You don’t even buy your own bullshit. You moved to TN. The heart of what Lib would call enemy territory.

Go figure. But you are welcome.
gounion

Post by gounion »

JoeMemphis wrote: Wed Nov 23, 2022 6:26 pm As I said, you are welcome to your opinion. I just note that when it came time for you to invest your money, you did so in a state full of people you think are nut jobs. Run by people you think are nut jobs. You didn’t move to a utopian paradise run by Dems, you choose to spend your money here in the heart of red Republican America surrounded by people you think want to shut down the government.

You don’t even buy your own bullshit. You moved to TN. The heart of what Lib would call enemy territory.

Go figure. But you are welcome.
Lots of people that aren't conservatives live here too, just as there's a lot of conservatives in Maryland. You can't get away from them.

And I don't think they want to shut down the government, I know that's what they are saying they are going to do, and they have a long history of doing so. But when they do, you'll be shocked, won't you?

And there IS no utopia anywhere. Or didn't you know that? But since you guys have been running things for so long, Tennessee, as is the rest of the south, quite poor. Wonder why you guys haven't fixed that? Where's the utopia in all the states you guys run? And Florida - why is the insurance market going down the tubes? Why isn't the Governor dealing with that. Oh, yeah, he's too busy attacking LGBTQ, Disney and paying tax money to send people seeking asylum from Texas to Massachusetts.

And I dunno, 60% of 68% isn't even half. Do the math, Mr. Accountant.
JoeMemphis

Post by JoeMemphis »

gounion wrote: Wed Nov 23, 2022 6:53 pm Lots of people that aren't conservatives live here too, just as there's a lot of conservatives in Maryland. You can't get away from them.

And I don't think they want to shut down the government, I know that's what they are saying they are going to do, and they have a long history of doing so. But when they do, you'll be shocked, won't you?

And there IS no utopia anywhere. Or didn't you know that? But since you guys have been running things for so long, Tennessee, as is the rest of the south, quite poor. Wonder why you guys haven't fixed that? Where's the utopia in all the states you guys run? And Florida - why is the insurance market going down the tubes? Why isn't the Governor dealing with that. Oh, yeah, he's too busy attacking LGBTQ, Disney and paying tax money to send people seeking asylum from Texas to Massachusetts.

And I dunno, 60% of 68% isn't even half. Do the math, Mr. Accountant.
All I know is that the state has been consistently electing conservatives for quite a while. So instead of moving somewhere run by the folks you claim are reasonable and professional, you choose to move to a “poor” state run by people you claim are nut jobs who are a threat to democracy. So what you do in life doesn’t match your rhetoric. You could have gone anywhere and lived anywhere and you choose Tennessee, a reliably red state. Not NY, IL, CA or any of those other blue paradise high tax states. No you choose “poor” Tennessee, a low tax , no tax state, run by people you think are nut jobs who are a threat to Democracy and want to shut the government down. All I can say is bless your little heart. Hint for you, in the south, in this context, that isn’t a compliment.

But we like everybody down here, even folks like you who don’t know shit about us or what we think. Folks who think we are traitors and threats to democracy simply because we disagree on politics. Assholes like you.
gounion

Post by gounion »

JoeMemphis wrote: Wed Nov 23, 2022 7:52 pm All I know is that the state has been consistently electing conservatives for quite a while. So instead of moving somewhere run by the folks you claim are reasonable and professional, you choose to move to a “poor” state run by people you claim are nut jobs who are a threat to democracy. So what you do in life doesn’t match your rhetoric. You could have gone anywhere and lived anywhere and you choose Tennessee, a reliably red state. Not NY, IL, CA or any of those other blue paradise high tax states. No you choose “poor” Tennessee, a low tax , no tax state, run by people you think are nut jobs who are a threat to Democracy and want to shut the government down. All I can say is bless your little heart. Hint for you, in the south, in this context, that isn’t a compliment.

But we like everybody down here, even folks like you who don’t know shit about us or what we think. Folks who think we are traitors and threats to democracy simply because we disagree on politics. Assholes like you.
You think you're on to something, don't you? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Man, you're DESPERATE! :lol: :lol: :lol:

You have a whole shitload of nothing. I spent 18 years on assignments in the deep south. I covered 14 states. Lots of strong union people in the south, in states that hate unions. I do love a lot of the culture of the south, especially Tennessee. Of course the culture would be a lot different were I black or LGBTQ. I do realize that.
JoeMemphis

Post by JoeMemphis »

gounion wrote: Wed Nov 23, 2022 8:22 pm You think you're on to something, don't you? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Man, you're DESPERATE! :lol: :lol: :lol:

You have a whole shitload of nothing. I spent 18 years on assignments in the deep south. I covered 14 states. Lots of strong union people in the south, in states that hate unions. I do love a lot of the culture of the south, especially Tennessee. Of course the culture would be a lot different were I black or LGBTQ. I do realize that.
Where you lived for work is one thing. You go where the work takes you. But where you choose to live after work and where you choose to invest your money and buy a home when you could live anywhere is another. You claim all these folks are nut jobs and hate Democracy but then you claim to like the culture. Makes no sense. Pissing backwards to use your words. You talk the talk. But you don’t walk the walk.

But hey, you are here. Just like a whole bunch of blues staters who choose to move here rather than pay their tax dollars into states managed by people you support. A low tax state sensibly managed by conservatives. Enjoy your stay. You’re welcome.
gounion

Post by gounion »

JoeMemphis wrote: Thu Nov 24, 2022 8:39 am Where you lived for work is one thing. You go where the work takes you. But where you choose to live after work and where you choose to invest your money and buy a home when you could live anywhere is another. You claim all these folks are nut jobs and hate Democracy but then you claim to like the culture. Makes no sense. Pissing backwards to use your words. You talk the talk. But you don’t walk the walk.

But hey, you are here. Just like a whole bunch of blues staters who choose to move here rather than pay their tax dollars into states managed by people you support. A low tax state sensibly managed by conservatives. Enjoy your stay. You’re welcome.
It's funny how so damned many rich conservatives live in California and New York, isn't it? So much that they've driven the real prices out of the reach of normal people.

And I do like the culture. It's not the MAGA Republicans that created that culture.

And it's NOT sensibly managed. This state has completely banned abortions, no matter how many women die. It's working hard to attack the LGBTQ community. If I were a woman or gay, I'd be looking somewhere else to live.

And it's not being done sensibly. Sadly, the state government is quite corrupt, with another State Senator being found guilty and headed to prison just the other day. That's how things are done when the GOP runs things.

After all, aren't you proud that your Governor is using your tax money to ship Asylum seekers from Texas to Massachusetts? But you don't care if they are corrupt or not, you'll still vote for them, won't you? Hell, you've got the most corrupt Senator in the nation's history and you'll be voting for him. He's so damned corrupt the other Republicans are demanding his handling of campaign money be audited!

So you really think you've got something on me and that shows how desperate you are to win something, anything, after losing day after day after day. It's hilarious to smell your desperation on every post.

Happy Thanksgiving! I know, I know, your Thanksgiving wish for me is to fall down dead. But I have no plans for making your wish come true.