Dallas Cowboys owner Jerry Jones and race

News and events of the day
Bludogdem

Re: Dallas Cowboys owner Jerry Jones and race

Post by Bludogdem »

gounion wrote: Tue Nov 29, 2022 7:58 pm This guy isn't getting it done either. It's a shit show.

But don't worry, they'll be hiring another white guy next year. Just like always.

So, do YOU think it's because the white coaches are superior? Yes or no?
Irsay had Tony Dungy as head coach for 7 years, the longest period to coach for Irsay, so i doubt Irsay has issues with race.

On an individual basis I don’t know what drives owners to make coaching selections. I suspect it varies widely. Sean McVay was a mystery hire from nowhere and he won a super bowl. Go figure.

But no one is going to interview mid season, especially to get those under contract to potential super bowl teams.

In Saturday’s case I suspect Irsay has a special fondness for him given his history with the Colts and may be enticing him into the coaching ranks.
carmenjonze

Post by carmenjonze »

Glennfs wrote: Thu Nov 24, 2022 7:15 amHow many of us wouldn't be embarrassed by things we did when we were children.
This guy was also 14. One false move as alleged by karen, and he was murdered and thrown in the river by people like your relatives.

My mother was also 14 at the time.

Emmett Till - wiki
In September 1955, an all-white jury found Bryant and Milam not guilty of Till's murder. Protected against double jeopardy, the two men publicly admitted in a 1956 interview with Look magazine that they had tortured and murdered the boy, selling the story of how they did it for $4,000.[6]
Some math for the mathless: this happened 2 ancient epochs of the distant past before Little Rock.

You, desperate to make excuses for people like Carolyn Bryant and Jerry Jones:
But, according to the left those things are somehow relevant.
Well, according to the people who shoot up Emmett Till memorials the day they go up, it's not just relevant but apparently very current for them. :?

The way to right wrongs is to
Shine the light of truth on them.

~ Ida B. Wells

Post by carmenjonze »

Glennfs wrote: Tue Nov 29, 2022 11:55 am I am getting a little tired if you calling me a racist.
What exactly did you say about Black coaches that GoU is referring to? http://radiofreeliberal.com/viewtopic.p ... 326#p45326

If he's lying about you, set the record straight.

Third time asking.
It is getting very old.
White conservative racism is much older than this country, which is based in it.

If you want to know what actual tiredness feels like, spend 5 minutes being the target of white conservative racism in 2022, where conservative whites are so off the rails you guys now show up to the library with weapons, demanding that they ban hundreds of books. :?

That's tiring as hell.

~ Ida B. Wells

Post by carmenjonze »

By the way, the language of "qualified" and "qualification" is a dogwhistle that is ONLY ever used against minoritized people.

It's not helpful to so-called minorities to discuss hiring, voting, running for & holding office, and educational opportunities in terms of "qualified minorities." Not in a country that's infamous for the sole qualification being: you better be so-called white, Christian, and male.

And you better not be gay, either. Not anywhere in NFL 2022. Only gay person to come out as such was a Black man, which says something about the cowardice of not-Black gay football players, but that's for a different thread.

That said, nobody ever talks in terms of whether any of these white males bandied about in these threads are "qualified" not simply to coach but to even apply for the job. It's not a question because it's never been a question.

The language of "qualification" is the rhetoric of putting up whites-only barriers.

~ Ida B. Wells

Post by carmenjonze »

Glennfs wrote: Tue Nov 29, 2022 10:13 am Yes that happens all the time in South Carolina.
Never said it did, Guy From the Pointyhat Whitesheet Family.
How sad thar you are such a hateful and hate-filled bigot you go back 80 years to find injustice.
George Stinney was the same age as your father, and 2 years older than mine.

What happened to him would NEVER happen to your father.

It could have very easily have happened to mine.
Then pretend it is still happening in today's world.
Tamir Rice was 12.

Antwon Rose was 17.

Kameron Prescott, a little Latino boy, was 6.

Jordan Davis was 17.

Aidan Ellison was 17.

Michael Brown was 18 and a man. Whereas you at age 19 were just a boy in love. Right?
in today's world. ...
You exploited dupes of white supremacism, today...

Charlottesville

Charlottesville

Lansing, MI, 2020

Look at these vicious, high-drama supremacy mavens. :problem:

^Stewart Rhodes, Oat Eater, convicted yesterday of seditious conspiracy

~ Ida B. Wells

Post by carmenjonze »

Glennfs wrote: Sat Nov 26, 2022 10:49 am No that is a total distortion of what I said
What did you say about Black coaches?

Fourth time asking.

~ Ida B. Wells

Post by gounion »

LeBron James weighs in:
NBA superstar and media mogul LeBron James has become one of the most powerful and influential voices in all of sports. He paused during a Wednesday night press conference to use his power and influence to express dismay that reporters had not asked him about a recent controversy that disappeared almost as quickly as it emerged.

“I was wondering why I haven’t gotten a question from you guys about the Jerry Jones photo, but when the Kyrie [Irving] thing was going on, you guys were quick to ask us questions about that,” James said. “When I watched Kyrie talk and he says, ‘I know who I am, but I want to keep the same energy when we’re talking about my people and the things that we have been through,’ that Jerry Jones photo is one of those moments that our people, Black people, have been through in America.

“And I feel like as a Black man as a Black athlete as someone with power and a platform, when we do something wrong or something that people don’t agree with, it’s on every single tabloid, every single news coverage, it’s on the bottom ticker, it’s asked about every single day. But it seems like to me that the whole Jerry Jones situation, photo — and I know it was years and years ago and we all make mistakes, I get it — but it seemed like it’s been buried under like, ‘Oh, It happened. We just move on.’ And I was kind of disappointed that I haven’t received that question from you guys.”

NBA player Kyrie Irving was the subject of multiple news cycles, and eventually a suspension, for social-media posts regarding an antisemitic documentary and for his failure to make clear that he holds no antisemitic beliefs. James condemned Irving for his actions, but James expressed a belief that the punishment imposed on Irvin was excessive.

It’s arguably an apples-and-oranges situation, since it involves a different sport. That said, LeBron has been a well-known Cowboys fan. Earlier this year, LeBron said he cooled on the Cowboys after the manner in which Jones handled the anthem controversy of 2016 and 2017.

The better question may be this. Why haven’t reporters asked Cowboys players about the photo? Why haven’t others in the NFL been asked about the photo? Maybe the willingness of Jones to face the music after last Thursday’s game meant that reporters who would otherwise have been asking players about the photo were talking to Jones about it directly.

The whole thing died in less than two days. For many reporters, it was hard to justify attacking the behavior of a 14-year-old boy. Some went on the offensive; ESPN’s Stephen A. Smith loudly defended Jones and chastised the Washington Post for publishing the story.

Even though it happened 65 years ago, there were no neutral observers who had their faces front and center at such incidents. His mere presence among the while students who were there to intimidate and harass makes him part of the problem. The only way to be part of the solution would have been to climb out of the mob and help usher the Black students into the school.

It’s not about “cancel culture.” No one is trying to “cancel” one of the most rich and powerful men in America. It’s likely that no one could if they tried. The broader goal is to understand why Jones hasn’t used his own power and influence to effect change in the NFL, when it comes to hiring non-white coaches.

Lost in the entire debate is an answer that continues to hide in plain sight. Jones made it clear that he makes hires based on who he knows. That’s the very attitude the NFL has spent 20 years trying to eradicate from the process.

“It’s not the X’s and O’s,” Jones told the Post. “It’s not the Jimmys and Joes. It’s who you know.”

The fact that Jones so freely admits to making his decisions based on familiarity shows that he has either ignored or affirmatively rejected the league’s efforts to get owners to take a step back from who they know when making such important decisions, and to spend time getting to know others who may fall beyond the owner’s circle of friends and associates — and to perhaps realize that someone the owner doesn’t know may be more deserving of the opportunity.
carmenjonze

Post by carmenjonze »

gounion wrote: Thu Dec 01, 2022 3:23 pm LeBron James weighs in:
I really hope he stepped up his security before doing so. These conservative whites are even more militant and violent than they were during the height of Jim Crow.

Somebody should also be questioning the so-called whites in the League on on this.

~ Ida B. Wells

Post by Libertas »

carmenjonze wrote: Thu Dec 01, 2022 4:20 pm I really hope he stepped up his security before doing so. These conservative whites are even more militant and violent than they were during the height of Jim Crow.

Somebody should also be questioning the so-called whites in the League on on this.
Just now seeing these brilliant, courageous words from LeBron. Always have liked him even though I am a rabid Warriors fan, as both a player and a man.

I wonder if his words about the double standard in the media and with righty whites will have ANY impact on those around here. Willing to give odds it wont.
I sigh in your general direction.
carmenjonze

Post by carmenjonze »

Libertas wrote: Thu Dec 01, 2022 4:26 pm Just now seeing these brilliant, courageous words from LeBron. Always have liked him even though I am a rabid Warriors fan, as both a player and a man.

I wonder if his words about the double standard in the media and with righty whites will have ANY impact on those around here. Willing to give odds it wont.
I'd say it will...only in the sense that these 'shut up and dribble' cons will just cry racism cancel culture pc woke victimization even louder. :problem:

~ Ida B. Wells

Post by carmenjonze »

Glennfs wrote: Sat Nov 26, 2022 11:01 am Then you turn around and accuse me of not having gay friends.
You very clearly don't have gay friends, and you sure as heck don't know any trans people. Not that you know of, anyway.

Q: What kind of friend votes to make other friends second class citizens, and supports SCOTUS judges intent on doing the same?

A: The same type of friend who gives white friends the niggerlover treatment.

Eric Gonzaba
@EGonzaba

Justice Sotomayor asked a simple and direct historical question during today's case about denying services to LGBTQ Americans.
The silence after the answer is telling.

[VIDEO]

It’s just hard for LGBT Americans to buy this idea that groups like ADF really are arguing in good faith on the grounds on religious liberty when so much of their work is targeting LGBT folks

The irony to all this: these aren’t different groups! There are LOTS AND LOTS of gays of faith, including CHRISTIAN gays. There isn’t even a need to bring up the Christian ethic of welcoming the stranger; LGBTQ folks are NOT strangers to religion

https://twitter.com/EGonzaba/status/1599793216735547395

~ Ida B. Wells

Post by Libertas »

carmenjonze wrote: Mon Dec 05, 2022 12:52 pm You very clearly don't have gay friends, and you sure as heck don't know any trans people. Not that you know of, anyway.

Q: What kind of friend votes to make other friends second class citizens, and supports SCOTUS judges intent on doing the same?

A: The same type of friend who gives white friends the niggerlover treatment.

Eric Gonzaba
@EGonzaba

Justice Sotomayor asked a simple and direct historical question during today's case about denying services to LGBTQ Americans.
The silence after the answer is telling.

[VIDEO]

It’s just hard for LGBT Americans to buy this idea that groups like ADF really are arguing in good faith on the grounds on religious liberty when so much of their work is targeting LGBT folks

The irony to all this: these aren’t different groups! There are LOTS AND LOTS of gays of faith, including CHRISTIAN gays. There isn’t even a need to bring up the Christian ethic of welcoming the stranger; LGBTQ folks are NOT strangers to religion

https://twitter.com/EGonzaba/status/1599793216735547395
5-4 they will decide Gay people are not people. Watch.
I sigh in your general direction.
carmenjonze

Post by carmenjonze »

Glennfs wrote: Sat Nov 26, 2022 11:01 am Then you turn around and accuse me of not having gay friends.
It's not an accusation, it's an observation.

This is what you, your party, and conservative people are doing to your supposed friends, along with millions of other people.

But then, this IS how conservative whites treat people they label friends. You crap all over them just like crapping all over the rest of humanity. :?

GLAAD Report: Drag events faced at least 124 protests and significant threats in 2022 - GLAAD
Findings: GLAAD found 124 incidents in 2022 of anti-LGBTQ protests and threats targeting specific drag events. The majority of the incidents occurred during Pride festivities in June and into September, October, and November, including false rhetoric against performers deployed in campaign ads for the midterm elections. The analysis shows increasingly violent rhetoric and incidents as the year progressed, including the firebombing of a Tulsa donut shop that had hosted a drag event in October.

Within the past two weeks, legislation targeting public drag performance was introduced in Tennessee and Texas, leading to a total of eight proposed anti-drag bills this year.
Extremist groups like the Proud Boys, Patriot Front, and local white supremacist chapters were involved in several incidents.
Anti-LGBTQ is foundational to white supremacism, white-sovereignty nationalism, and every other ethnonationalist agenda.
● In Tennessee this November, Sen. Jack Johnson filed a bill that aims to ban drag performance in public.

● In Texas, two bills were proposed in June and November. One proposal seeks to ban minors from attending drag story hours or similar events, and another would classify drag as a “sexually oriented business” on par with strip clubs.

● A federal bill introduced in October and backed by 30 House Republicans would ban drag shows at any federally-funded institution such as libraries and schools.

● Idaho news outlets reported in October that a bill banning drag in public would be introduced in the upcoming legislative session.

● In Michigan this June, lawmakers announced a plan to ban drag from schools despite no evidence of any drag events at Michigan schools.

● In Arizona, state senator Vincent Leach announced in June he and other Republican colleagues would attempt to ban minors from drag events.

● In Florida this June, Gov. Ron DeSantis announced he would consider a proposal to ban minors from drag events. Later that month, he filed a complaint against a Miami restaurant that held an all-ages drag show.

[Note: after this report originally posted, Montana state representative Braxton Mitchell filed a proposal to ban minors from drag events—just three days after a mass shooting took place the night of a drag show in Colorado Springs. The original map graphic and totals have been updated to reflect the news.]
With friends like you...

~ Ida B. Wells

Post by carmenjonze »

Libertas wrote: Mon Dec 05, 2022 7:51 pm 5-4 they will decide Gay people are not people. Watch.
It's interesting that as anti-Catholic as the KKK is, they sure are silent about all the rabid, socially-conservative rulings coming from Catholics on the SCOTUS. :problem:

~ Ida B. Wells