Dallas Cowboys owner Jerry Jones and race

News and events of the day
carmenjonze

Re: Dallas Cowboys owner Jerry Jones and race

Post by carmenjonze »

Libertas wrote: Sat Nov 26, 2022 11:27 am Yikes, he said that too :lol:

I wish I had the time to name all the people I know as friends or family who I still love and tell them so who are supporting the GOP. Not so many friends anymore, but like you I have diverse friendships.

NOT wanting to address an overt white supremacist (he is not the only one here) on a message board, should hopefully be the least of their worries.
Well, we’ve got nothing whatsoever to prove about our social and family lives to a WS. Especially not one who uses the rhetoric of “diversity” when it suits them. :roll:

As I’ve said many times, I don’t blame you one bit for not talking to these conservative WS people. They’re not capable of an honest conversation even about the weather.

The way to right wrongs is to
Shine the light of truth on them.

~ Ida B. Wells

Post by gounion »

carmenjonze wrote: Sat Nov 26, 2022 11:54 am Actually you didn’t. But running interference for a known WSs is fair game and is not beyond reproach.

Especially for those of us white supremacism affects.

I call it playing Mister Nice-Nasty, a game he likes to play with YOU. But I see that as a function of white-conservative pathology. So weird.

I’ll tell you what’s tiring, is subjugation to white supremacism. It’s not a joke or a game to me, because it is historically and currently lethal to several communities I belong to. No way I’m treating it or it’s adherents as a game.
I don't play Glenn's games, any more than I wish to play yours. You pretending that Glenn was ACTUALLY calling your a friend is a game, just like JoeMemphis trying to make hay, a year and a half later, that the fact that I moved to Tennessee means... something.
carmenjonze

Post by carmenjonze »

gounion wrote: Sat Nov 26, 2022 12:01 pm I don't play Glenn's games, any more than I wish to play yours. You pretending that Glenn was ACTUALLY calling your a friend is a game, just like JoeMemphis trying to make hay, a year and a half later, that the fact that I moved to Tennessee means... something.
:?

Not interested in your making a game out of defending the indefensible.

~ Ida B. Wells

Post by gounion »

carmenjonze wrote: Sat Nov 26, 2022 12:06 pm :?

Not interested in your making a game out of defending the indefensible.
Not defending anything, pointing out what YOU are doing. You're pretending Glenn was ACTUALLY calling you a friend, when you know he wasn't.
carmenjonze

Post by carmenjonze »

Glennfs wrote: Thu Nov 24, 2022 7:15 amHow many of us wouldn't be embarrassed by things we did when we were children. But, according to the left those things are somehow relevant.
David Dennis Jr.
@DavidDTSS

I know far too many Black people who were 14 and 15 on the *other* side of those Jerry Jones pics who are still feeling the effects of that terrorism but by all means let’s feel sorry for the billionaire whose only consequence will be having to answer some questions about it

https://twitter.com/daviddtss/status/15 ... 0830864384

~ Ida B. Wells

Post by carmenjonze »

gounion wrote: Sat Nov 26, 2022 12:10 pm Not defending anything,
You're running interference for him with this very post, because the whole topic just a game to you.
pointing out what YOU are doing. You're pretending Glenn was ACTUALLY calling you a friend, when you know he wasn't.
^you just did it, again. :?

Everybody sees what he wrote in the Thanksgiving post, GoU. It was actually a friendly post that I did not respond further to. There's no reason for me to pretend anything. But I suspect this isn't at all about that post. You've been challenged about defending someone you know is a white supremacist and it's made you very angry.

~ Ida B. Wells

Post by gounion »

carmenjonze wrote: Sat Nov 26, 2022 12:12 pm David Dennis Jr.
@DavidDTSS

I know far too many Black people who were 14 and 15 on the *other* side of those Jerry Jones pics who are still feeling the effects of that terrorism but by all means let’s feel sorry for the billionaire whose only consequence will be having to answer some questions about it

https://twitter.com/daviddtss/status/15 ... 0830864384
Of course, they don't say the same for what young liberals have done.

I wonder what, if anything, the right would say differently if the photo, instead of showing Jones back in the crowd, looking quizzical, Jones had been in the front next to the blacks and spitting in their faces?
gounion

Post by gounion »

carmenjonze wrote: Sat Nov 26, 2022 12:19 pm You're running interference for him with this very post, because the whole topic just a game to you

^you just did it, again. :?

Everybody sees what he wrote in the Thanksgiving post, GoU. It was actually a friendly post that I did not respond further to. There's no reason for me to pretend anything. But I suspect this isn't at all about that post. You've been challenged about defending someone you know is a white supremacist and it's made you very angry.
Angry is the last thing I am. You don't know what you're talking about. Don't project.
carmenjonze

Post by carmenjonze »

gounion wrote: Sat Nov 26, 2022 12:24 pm Angry is the last thing I am. You don't know what you're talking about.
Your anger is plain as day and is showing.

You're running interference for a person who doesn't deserve it, you know it, you've been questioned about it, and now it's just a big game to you.

~ Ida B. Wells

Post by carmenjonze »

Glennfs wrote: Sat Nov 26, 2022 10:49 am No that is a total distortion of what I said
What exactly did you say about the lack of black coaches?

Now's your time to state it for record.

~ Ida B. Wells

Post by gounion »

carmenjonze wrote: Sat Nov 26, 2022 12:29 pm Your anger is plain as day and is showing.

You're running interference for a person who doesn't deserve it, you know it, you've been questioned about it, and now it's just a big game to you.
I'm not angry in any way, shape or form. Nothing I've written suggest anger. Just sitting home enjoying a football game. I would characterize it more as starting as slight exasperation changing now to bemusement.
carmenjonze

Post by carmenjonze »

gounion wrote: Sat Nov 26, 2022 12:22 pm Of course, they don't say the same for what young liberals have done.

I wonder what, if anything, the right would say differently if the photo, instead of showing Jones back in the crowd, looking quizzical, Jones had been in the front next to the blacks and spitting in their faces?
They'd say the same thing as what Glennfs said in this thread: oh that was then, this is now, all of us did dumb things as kids, it's irrelevant, etc. http://radiofreeliberal.com/viewtopic.p ... 052#p45052

~ Ida B. Wells

Post by gounion »

carmenjonze wrote: Sat Nov 26, 2022 12:35 pm They'd say the same thing as what Glennfs said in this thread: oh that was then, this is now, all of us did dumb things as kids, it's irrelevant, etc. http://radiofreeliberal.com/viewtopic.p ... 052#p45052
Yup.
carmenjonze

Post by carmenjonze »

gounion wrote: Sat Nov 26, 2022 12:34 pm I'm not angry in any way, shape or form. Nothing I've written suggest anger. Just sitting home enjoying a football game. I would characterize it more as starting as slight exasperation changing now to bemusement.
Yeah it's just a game, to you.

~ Ida B. Wells

Post by Libertas »

I do sincerely believe right wing white supremacist assholes can treat Black people In a subjugated way, and still, in their mind, consider them as friends.

This is an example of white privilege that they can treat you any way they want, and because they are superior (n their minds), they can still be your friend, and you should be happy about that.

(I have a PC and using voice dictation and it puts . in places I dont intend, getting annoying)
Last edited by Libertas on Sat Nov 26, 2022 12:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I sigh in your general direction.
gounion

Post by gounion »

carmenjonze wrote: Sat Nov 26, 2022 12:37 pm Yeah it's just a game, to you.
Nope.
carmenjonze

Post by carmenjonze »

Libertas wrote: Sat Nov 26, 2022 12:42 pm I do sincerely believe right wing white supremacist assholes can treat Black people In a subjugated way, and still, in their mind, consider them as friends.
Heck, they can hire us and do that, they can even f' us and do that.

Proximity is not a show of anything; in fact, some of them use proximity to take exactly these kinds of liberties then run around grandstanding about how "diverse" their friendship circles are :?, just because they didn't shoot us on sight.

Lol just like this clown who shot up Club Q being nonbinary, ALL OF A SUDDEN all these raging, violent homo- and transphobes suddenly respect pronouns, ALL OF A SUDDEN, Glennfs trots out the language of "diversity" to prove something or other. :problem:

F. these deadly white cons.

~ Ida B. Wells

Post by carmenjonze »

Drew Comments
@sjs856
Replying to
@DavidDTSS

Y’all say this like y’all weren’t transphobic, homophobic, misogynists at 15 years old.

https://twitter.com/sjs856/status/1596282011509227521

Dyed-in-the-wool racists, on top of it.

~ Ida B. Wells

Post by carmenjonze »

Libertas wrote: Sat Nov 26, 2022 12:42 pm This is an example of white privilege that they can treat you any way they want, and because they are superior (n their minds), they can still be your friend, and you should be happy about that.
Well..it's an example of anti-Black racism.

They actually think we need them, and will tell us this right to our faces.

No, nobody needs white supremacists, nobody needs Jerry Jones, nobody needs defenses of what this guy did when he was 15 in a crowd of violent white proto-MAGA Citizens Council kids.

F. them.

~ Ida B. Wells

Post by carmenjonze »

So this is the pic. That's Jones, to our right of the person with the Kodak-style camera.

One thing that is being glossed over here is how petty these violent white cons are, that like Glennfs, they are so insecure in their supposed superiority, they cannot stand to see even ONE Black person in spaces that are supposed to be reserved for whites only.

Which is to say, the biggest and best of everything.

All this relentless, decades-long, centuries-long violence over six guys. :?

This paragraph from the OP link is key.
But Straeter’s photographs indicate Jones had to scurry around the North Little Rock Six to reach the top of the stairs before the Black students completed their walk up to the schoolhouse door. And while Jones offered a common explanation of the confrontation — that it was the work of older white supremacists — most of those surrounding the six young Black men were teenagers.
This is an ongoing problem we have with the press.

The "six young Black men" were not men, they were also teenagers. :evil:

Our children are not children, not even to the nice people like the authors of this piece. This is exactly the kind of characterization that gets our kids tried as adults now, and strung up for supposed "rape," in the time of this photo.

And also in our own lifetimes. Everyone remembers the Exonerated Five, who paid someone else's price for a crime they did not commit. People still believe this about our sons, nephews, cousins, neighbors, Sunday School kids, students.

~ Ida B. Wells

Post by carmenjonze »

gounion wrote: Sat Nov 26, 2022 12:36 pmYup.
Also, the so-called whites in this pic are the people ya' buddy consistently compares me to when he can't counter criticism of this exact behavior.

He also does not cry uncleriley Hitler at anyone else around here who also critiques this same culture. The reason being a function of the same anti-Black white supremacism depicted in this image.

http://radiofreeliberal.com/viewtopic.p ... 368#p45368

~ Ida B. Wells

Post by gounion »

carmenjonze wrote: Sat Nov 26, 2022 1:06 pm So this is the pic. That's Jones, to our right of the person with the Kodak-style camera.

The "six young Black men" were not men, they were also teenagers. :evil:

Our children are not children, not even to the nice people like the authors of this piece. This is exactly the kind of characterization that gets our kids tried as adults now, and strung up for supposed "rape," in the time of this photo.

And also in our own lifetimes. Everyone remembers the Exonerated Five, who paid someone else's price for a crime they did not commit. People still believe this about our sons, nephews, cousins, neighbors, Sunday School kids, students.
Excellent point. The black students were CLEARLY NOT MEN. They were teens, and smaller than the whites directly in front of them.

Reporters are like everyone else - they internalize much of the language of the right. I mean, from the labor perspective, I can't tell you how many reporters I've talked to doesn't understand that "union bosses" was loaded language the right introduced, and that it was a derogatory statement. They would apologize and say "I didn't know".
carmenjonze

Post by carmenjonze »

gounion wrote: Sat Nov 26, 2022 1:20 pm Excellent point. The black students were CLEARLY NOT MEN. They were teens, and smaller than the whites directly in front of them.
This is actually related to what happened in this thread. A man called a non-emergency police line to report a 9-year-old Black girl who was spraying spotted lantern flies in New

~ Ida B. Wells

Post by carmenjonze »

When conservative whites do it, they're children, and EVERYBODY KNOWS children must remain children as long as possible dadgummit! :roll:

When our children, Latino children, Native children, Asian children do it, they're "young adults."

When a 15 year old girl wants to play volleyball, the conservatives insist the state must look up her skirt.

And when an 18 year old conservative white man sets his sights on a high school girl, he, too, is just a kid. :problem:

~ Ida B. Wells

Post by Libertas »

carmenjonze wrote: Sat Nov 26, 2022 1:35 pm When conservative whites do it, they're children, and EVERYBODY KNOWS children must remain children as long as possible dadgummit! :roll:

When our children, Latino children, Native children, Asian children do it, they're "young adults."

When a 15 year old girl wants to play volleyball, the conservatives insist the state must look up her skirt.

And when an 18 year old conservative white man sets his sights on a high school girl, he, too, is just a kid. :problem:
And if a liberal slapped a white supremacist the media would talk of nothing else for days, if a WS killed that little girl, it would barely make the news.
I sigh in your general direction.