Docs found in Biden office

News and events of the day
gounion

Docs found in Biden office

Post by gounion »

This shows how far the right will go in defending Donald Trump. Here's the story - https://www.cnn.com/2023/01/10/politics ... index.html

Now, Glenn, explain how this is EXACTLY like the Trump situation, and how this exonerates Trump.
bird

Re: Docs found in Biden office

Post by bird »

Investigate it.

If there is criminal wrongdoing then proceed with legal action.

If not, then nothing.
JoeMemphis

Post by JoeMemphis »

bird wrote: Tue Jan 10, 2023 8:09 am Investigate it.

If there is criminal wrongdoing then proceed with legal action.

If not, then nothing.
The one thing I think we can safely say is that our controls over classified materials needs work. I would hate to be a foreign agent working for US intelligence.
gounion

Post by gounion »

JoeMemphis wrote: Tue Jan 10, 2023 8:17 am The one thing I think we can safely say is that our controls over classified materials needs work. I would hate to be a foreign agent working for US intelligence.
Does this change the case against Trump? Do you think this means Trump gets a pass?
JoeMemphis

Post by JoeMemphis »

gounion wrote: Tue Jan 10, 2023 8:42 am Does this change the case against Trump? Do you think this means Trump gets a pass?
That is in the hands of a special counsel. If DJT is indicted and it goes to trial, it may factor into the defense strategy. We only know what has been reported and I am sure there are facts in both cases not known by the public. So as Bird says, investigate it.

My point was that our controls over classified materials certainly appears to be lacking.
gounion

Post by gounion »

JoeMemphis wrote: Tue Jan 10, 2023 8:57 am That is in the hands of a special counsel. If DJT is indicted and it goes to trial, it may factor into the defense strategy. We only know what has been reported and I am sure there are facts in both cases not known by the public. So as Bird says, investigate it.

My point was that our controls over classified materials certainly appears to be lacking.
Of course, you never come out against Trump on anything.
JoeMemphis

Post by JoeMemphis »

gounion wrote: Tue Jan 10, 2023 9:04 am Of course, you never come out against Trump on anything.
Investigate him. If facts support a crime, then charge him and take him to court. You will get no argument from me. Personally, I hope he doesn’t run again. Same for Biden.
gounion

Post by gounion »

JoeMemphis wrote: Tue Jan 10, 2023 9:22 am Investigate him. If facts support a crime, then charge him and take him to court. You will get no argument from me. Personally, I hope he doesn’t run again. Same for Biden.
Oh, right. What bullshit. It's hilarious how you run away.

Always supporting Trump while pretending not to.

Oh, and how many candidates that Trump backed did you vote for? How many that voted not to impeach Trump did you vote for?
gounion

Post by gounion »

Pretty funny:
Maddow explained that the reason it created a lot of excitement on the right "briefly tonight, is that it immediately created a perceived 'what-aboutism' defense for President Trump. President Trump is under federal investigation for apparently deliberately hoarding hundreds of classified documents at his home in Florida, including, refusing to hand them over after National Archives told them he had to come even after they subpoenaed him to get those documents. Brief excitement on the right tonight, that they thought they had a new defense."

She cited Trump's comments on his personal social media site asking when they would serve a search warrant at President Biden's home the way they did for Donald Trump.

"As I said, tonight, a brief flurry of excitement on the right about this prospect when the news broke about the Penn Biden Center," Maddow continued. "The reason it was only a brief flurry of excitement is because, in President Biden's case, he and his lawyers appear to have actually done the right thing when it comes to these classified documents. Biden's lawyers say they discovered these documents among his presidential papers on November 2nd. The White House counsel's office notified the National Archives that same day about what had been found. The National Archives, apparently, did not even know these documents were missing and had not been seeking their return. The Archives took custody of that material the following morning. That appears to be it."

Maddow explained that the "brief euphoria on the right" was that somehow it would exonerate Trump, but it was "already turning into a bit of a hangover because of the stark contrast of the actions of the current president and the former guy when it comes to classified material."
But as always, guys like Joe and Glenn will try to throw out a false equivalency, as if Biden did the same thing as Trump.

Whadda bunch of Maroons.
JoeMemphis

Post by JoeMemphis »

gounion wrote: Tue Jan 10, 2023 10:19 am Pretty funny:

But as always, guys like Joe and Glenn will try to throw out a false equivalency, as if Biden did the same thing as Trump.

Whadda bunch of Maroons.
You misspelled moron. Dumbass :lol:
gounion

Post by gounion »

JoeMemphis wrote: Tue Jan 10, 2023 10:43 am You misspelled moron. Dumbass :lol:
No, it’s from the Bugs Bunny cartoons “whadda maroon!” https://youtu.be/hxGgnI6kCrs

You this prove that’s what you are.
JoeMemphis

Post by JoeMemphis »

gounion wrote: Tue Jan 10, 2023 11:03 am No, it’s from the Bugs Bunny cartoons “whadda maroon!” https://youtu.be/hxGgnI6kCrs

You this prove that’s what you are.
I don’t have time to sit around and watch cartoons. You enjoy though.
gounion

Post by gounion »

JoeMemphis wrote: Tue Jan 10, 2023 11:42 am I don’t have time to sit around and watch cartoons. You enjoy though.
Translation: “I’ve got nothin’!” :lol: :lol: :lol:

You’re a LIVING cartoon.
ZoWie

Post by ZoWie »

Well, given this House of Representatives, I would expect no less than 20 investigations. Unfortunately, all of them will show that as usual it's a minor oversight, especially when compared to drumpf's total disregard for the law. That won't stop the Republicans, because since their mission is to paralyze the government, they need something to do.
"We must remember that we cannot abandon the truth and remain a free nation." --Liz Cheney, Republican, 7/21/22
47of74

Post by 47of74 »

It's like comparing apples and horse shit. The President cooperated, proactively alerted the archives, turned the docs over right away, and is continuing to cooperate with the archives and DOJ. Meanwhile down in Florida the orange fornicate is wondering why the FBI isn't raiding all of Biden's residences and offices? Uh, maybe because Biden isn't hiding or obstructing anything, unlike the orange fornicate and owned up to his mistake right away.
JoeMemphis

Post by JoeMemphis »

gounion wrote: Tue Jan 10, 2023 11:47 am Translation: “I’ve got nothin’!” :lol: :lol: :lol:

You’re a LIVING cartoon.
You rarely do. Nothing would be an improvement for you.
gounion

Post by gounion »

JoeMemphis wrote: Tue Jan 10, 2023 12:24 pm You rarely do. Nothing would be an improvement for you.
If you think I was talking about myself, you don't understand English, and YOU'RE the dumbass.

But then, that's all you got. You can't talk about issues.
JoeMemphis

Post by JoeMemphis »

gounion wrote: Tue Jan 10, 2023 12:38 pm If you think I was talking about myself, you don't understand English, and YOU'RE the dumbass.

But then, that's all you got. You can't talk about issues.
Talking about yourself is your favorite thing to do. And the shoe fits as they say. So wear it.
gounion

Post by gounion »

JoeMemphis wrote: Tue Jan 10, 2023 12:43 pm Talking about yourself is your favorite thing to do. And the shoe fits as they say. So wear it.
You're the idiot here that complains about spelling but can't spell yourself.

So why can't you answer a question on the issues of the thread? Can you tell the difference between the Biden issues and the Trump issues? Yes or no?
JoeMemphis

Post by JoeMemphis »

gounion wrote: Tue Jan 10, 2023 12:48 pm You're the idiot here that complains about spelling but can't spell yourself.

So why can't you answer a question on the issues of the thread? Can you tell the difference between the Biden issues and the Trump issues? Yes or no?
Well Trump’s issues are in front of a special counsel and Biden’s issues are in front of the district attorney. I’m assuming those folks are capable of sorting things out and are much more familiar with the facts than either you or I. The facts and circumstances of both cases are different. I am comfortable that those professionals will figure it out.

What I can say is that the Federal Governments control over classified material appears to have some fairly serious gaps. Maybe you disagree.
gounion

Post by gounion »

JoeMemphis wrote: Tue Jan 10, 2023 2:32 pm Well Trump’s issues are in front of a special counsel and Biden’s issues are in front of the district attorney. I’m assuming those folks are capable of sorting things out and are much more familiar with the facts than either you or I. The facts and circumstances of both cases are different. I am comfortable that those professionals will figure it out.

What I can say is that the Federal Governments control over classified material appears to have some fairly serious gaps. Maybe you disagree.
So what are the differences between the two cases?

You too gutless or to stupid to answer the question?
JoeMemphis

Post by JoeMemphis »

gounion wrote: Tue Jan 10, 2023 2:34 pm So what are the differences between the two cases?

You too gutless or to stupid to answer the question?
I don’t care. I trust the professionals to do their job. They have more of the facts than you or I.

My only point is that we seem to have a problem with document control over classified material. It keeps showing up in places it does not belong and in places that are less than secure.
gounion

Post by gounion »

JoeMemphis wrote: Tue Jan 10, 2023 2:54 pm I don’t care. I trust the professionals to do their job. They have more of the facts than you or I.

My only point is that we seem to have a problem with document control over classified material. It keeps showing up in places it does not belong and in places that are less than secure.
Yeah, a man’s got to know his limitations. And you certainly never want to say anything to say anything bad about Trump.
JoeMemphis

Post by JoeMemphis »

gounion wrote: Tue Jan 10, 2023 3:23 pm Yeah, a man’s got to know his limitations. And you certainly never want to say anything to say anything bad about Trump.
When you learn yours, let me know Dirty Harry. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Number6

Post by Number6 »

The documents were discovered and properly reported and turned over to the National Archives. The question of whether there is any violation of law is something the U.S. Attorney is going to have to decide. If there is a violation, the the person/persons responsible should face the same consequences as anyone else would receive.

One question I have is who was responsible for having the documents? Classified materials are controlled so there should be a receipt for any classified information taken outside the control of the office/agency originating it.

I wonder if the National Archives will initiate an inventory of classified documents they've signed out to individuals and agencies. I think it would be a good idea for them to do this.
When you vote left, you vote right.