Wokeness is good for you

News and events of the day
bradman

Re: Wokeness is good for you

Post by bradman »

ZoWie wrote: Mon Mar 13, 2023 3:46 pm Someone defined a fiscal conservative as a person who gets in their car bought with a loan from a Federally supported bank, and built by a company which got massive tax breaks, using sub-assemblies shipped by Federally subsidized companies on Federally financed highways, and then gets on a road built by a municipal government and drives to a destination where they park next to a curb built by a contractor with a government subsidy, so they can sit at the dinner table with food from subsidized farmers in a home bought with a Federally subsidized loan and proclaim that the trouble with this country is that too many people take government money.
i think it pretty well explains the conservative disconnect.

[bold]
that always reminds me of a bumper sticker that was popular in the land of the udder people (Wisc.) sometime back....

Don't bitch about the farmers with your mouth full
I am not a member of any organized political party. I am a Democrat. [Will Rogers]
gounion

Post by gounion »

Truth is, farming is one of the businesses that doesn't work in a supply and demand system. It has to be subsidized to work. Yeah, it sounds stupid to pay the farmer to let a field go fallow for a year, but then if you don't, you wear it out and can't get a crop out of it.

Conservatives don't understand logic.

But you see Joe complaining about lazy people, while he is on the government dole himself. Conservatives are ALWAYS the first in line for the handout.

My parents taught me never to look down on people on disability or welfare, we don't know their situation. Never feel that you're better than they are.

But then, my parents were liberals.
ProfX

Post by ProfX »

Looks like we've got a great Potter Stewart moment here, "I don't know what it is, but I know it when I see it."

:roll: :lol: :twisted:
"Don't believe every quote attributed to people on the Internet" -- Abraham Lincoln :D
Motor City

Post by Motor City »

Florida university fires professor after racial justice lessons prompted parent complaint
A Florida English professor whose lessons about racial justice put him at odds with his university's administrators has been fired, the professor said.

Sam Joeckel, a veteran professor at Palm Beach Atlantic University, said in a statement Thursday that the West Palm Beach school had “made the disappointing decision to terminate my contract early.”

The move comes a month after school administrators told Joeckel they were investigating a concern raised by a parent that he was “indoctrinating” his students by incorporating lessons about racial justice into his writing composition course.

Joeckel, who has taught at the 3,700-student Christian school for two decades, said he has long included teachings about racial justice in the class and that administrators had never expressed concerns about them before.

“They did this for a clear reason: my decision to teach and speak about racial justice,” Joeckel said. “The timing of this is not a coincidence as we are dealing with an ‘anti-woke’ crusade from Governor DeSantis and other far-right politicians and activists. PBA was clearly influenced by this toxic political ideology.”....
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e3QIf0VZLEQ
I Was A Communist For The FBI 1951

During the "Red Scare" of the 1950s, FBI agent and Slovenian-American Matt Cvetic (Frank Lovejoy) poses as a Communist to infiltrate the U.S. Communist Party. Unable to tell his friends and family about the undercover mission, Matt is deemed a traitor to his country and condemned by everyone close to him.

Although Matt often doubts his dangerous task, he remains undercover to bring the Communists to justice and protect a faltering member (Dorothy Hart) from her vindictive party.
Drak

Post by Drak »

"Some of those that work forces,
Are the same that burn crosses"

- Rage Against the Machine
Libertas

Post by Libertas »

Woke means not being a bigot

No wonder cons hate it...
I sigh in your general direction.