RadioFreeLiberal.com

Smart Voices, Be Heard
It is currently Mon Jul 16, 2018 10:51 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 1:16 pm 
Policy Wonk

Congressman Charlie Dent (R-PA) is joining a long list of current House Republicans to retire.

https://www.axios.com/moderate-house-re ... 0b4bf.html.

"I've worked to instill stability, certainty and predictability in Washington. I've fought to fulfill the basic functions of government, like keeping the lights on and preventing default. Regrettably, that has not been easy given the disruptive outside influences that profit from increased polarization and ideological rigidity that leads to dysfunction, disorder and chaos."

Dent follows other Republican Congressmen, including Paul Ryan in leaving the House of Representatives.

Dent is what passes for a Moderate in the Republican Party, but he has been fighting an uphill battle against the polarizing 45 and his racist/reactionary/xenophobic policies.

Glenfs posted about the Left's War On Women. Glenfs posted this after the Cosby Verdict "Gloria Allred is a media hound and an asshole. The most dangerous place to be is inbetween her and a microphone or camera". 04/27/2018.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 3:23 pm 
Board Emeritus

Unless Dent considers the orange degenerate to be an "outside" influence, and I do not believe that was the message, then moderate or not he's just another complicit asshole Congressional Republican. And it's good riddance to bad rubbish.