RadioFreeLiberal.com

Smart Voices, Be Heard
It is currently Wed Oct 17, 2018 9:45 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2018 4:30 pm 
Board Emeritus

Today for the first time since 2014 oil has hit the $80 a barrel mark. This my lefty online friends can be laid at the feet of President Trump. It seems anytime we have a President who is weak or perceived weak oil prices soar. As OPEC has no fear of any back door retaliation, or fear of a tough negotiator showing up for a little talk.

With the US economy really doing well nothing will put the brakes on that quicker than high energy prices. I can tell you that in the last 4 to 5 weeks freight rate have dropped quite a bit. Last month I average $2.08 a mile before expenses this month $1.96. Couple that with an increase in fuel costs of 4 cents per mile and you are looking at $1300 less profit.

Take that $1300 times 350,000 owner operators in the USA and collectively we have $455,000,000 less spending money [ before taxes] this month than last.

This is what happens when we have a weak or unqualified President. Had HRC won we all would be way better off, both now and in the near future.

"within weeks of being rid of the likes of you, rid of every fucking one of you,we would begin to see what kind of country this ought to be" Ike Bana 6/14/18

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2018 5:06 pm 
Board Emeritus

Meanwhile, as oil goes up, Rosneft Oil stocks are on the rise since the Iran deal was ripped up. Putin likes that, a lot. As do the other complicit folks with shares in Rosneft. Trump has 1.25 percent, or there abouts.

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2018 8:50 am 
Board Emeritus

One thing I have found in my 27 years of trucking is that whenever there is going to be an economic downturn it affects us first

"within weeks of being rid of the likes of you, rid of every fucking one of you,we would begin to see what kind of country this ought to be" Ike Bana 6/14/18

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2018 12:43 pm 
Board Emeritus

Yup, it's a leading indicator. Next to go is auto sales, since US mfrs offer mostly big square gas eaters.

Does wonders for the oil patch, though. They'll be back destroying whole huge chunks of Alberta any day now, and the Canadian government will look at the resulting economic boom and say the world is right again.

As it melts.

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2018 5:14 pm 
Board Emeritus

Yet you don't want Trump gone, unless he is replaced with another Republican.

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2018 6:15 pm 
Board Emeritus

Yet you don't want Trump gone, unless he is replaced with another Republican.

Understandable I guess. I mean why would a working person want safe workplaces, job protections, benefits, safe roads to drive their trucks on, consumer protection and clean air and clean water?

These are the things a republican says they do NOT want when they vote republican.

Oh yeah, forgot, Medicare and Social Security also.

When you think about it, they are really dumb people and I mean REALLY dumb.

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2018 1:38 pm 
Board Emeritus

They've been Foxed.

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2018 2:34 pm 
Board Emeritus

idiots