Smart Voices, Be Heard
It is currently Tue Sep 18, 2018 11:22 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 5:06 pm 
Board Emeritus

talking about?

Yeah, my 8 yr old grandson is one game away from Little League championship (local to his town) and all his coaches and all the parents say he is a phenom.

In fact I am hopefully retiring soon and moving to where he is in part so I can become his full time assistant, getting him to games, practices, private coaching. He is great at all sports.

I know, BORING :rw)

Not to me of course

Reminds me of

www.youtube.com Video from : www.youtube.com

i was in that audience.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2018 12:16 am 
Board Emeritus

i like 8 yr old grandsons doing well stories, I even like 8 yr old grandsons doing below averaged but loved anyway stories.

The LAST fucking thing I want to hear someone talking about is how woebegone our world has become. I'm becoming tired of pessimists dripping vitriol on virtually everything and everybody.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2018 6:52 pm 
Board Emeritus

i like 8 yr old grandsons doing well stories, I even like 8 yr old grandsons doing below averaged but loved anyway stories.

The LAST fucking thing I want to hear someone talking about is how woebegone our world has become. I'm becoming tired of pessimists dripping vitriol on virtually everything and everybody.

Every generation seems to believe that we are in our last days and that times have never been worse. When the truth of the matter is things have never been better and 50 years from now they will be better then than they are now.

My dad was born in 1927, he lived in a time when you could die from a sore throat, the great depression, WWII, Korea, Vietnam, and the strife of the 60's. A Presidential assassination, several attempted ones, King and RFK being assassinated, the cold war and so much more.

Now tell me how things are worse off today.

"within weeks of being rid of the likes of you, rid of every fucking one of you,we would begin to see what kind of country this ought to be" Ike Bana 6/14/18

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2018 7:47 pm 
Board Emeritus

50 years from now, when the world has gone to shit from climate change, we'll be better off than we are now? OK then...

:roll:

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2018 9:04 pm 
Board Emeritus

50 years from now, when the world has gone to shit from climate change, we'll be better off than we are now? OK then...

:roll:

25 years ago they were saying the oceans would be dead in 20 years.

"within weeks of being rid of the likes of you, rid of every fucking one of you,we would begin to see what kind of country this ought to be" Ike Bana 6/14/18

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2018 9:21 pm 
Board Emeritus

25 years ago they were saying the oceans would be dead in 20 years.

Who was saying this? I was around 25 years ago and never heard the oceans would be dead in 20 years. I don't even know what that means. What all life in the ocean would be dead? There would be no water left in the Ocean? Got any science links to back this up?

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2018 10:09 pm 
Board Emeritus

Now tell me how things are worse off today.

The U.S. is probably closer to autocracy than ever in history.

You asked.

BTW, nice handwaving away of climate change.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2018 5:34 am 
Board Emeritus

Trump and the Republicans tell glen not to believe that climate change is real, so he doesn't. Partisanship over reality.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2018 11:23 am 
Board Emeritus

The U.S. is probably closer to autocracy than ever in history.

You asked.

BTW, nice handwaving away of climate change.

Glen and others like him dont think beyond a few months out. If the entire human race will die because they didnt recycle, they dont really care

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2018 2:56 pm 
Board Emeritus

I've had it with doomsaying. Now let's get it right up front that I don't mean that our problems aren't real, or serious. They're both. What I'm saying is that one of the reasons for apathy is that people are bombarded by conspiracy theories, doomsday prophecies, comparisons of US leadership to the early stages of Nazi Germany, Nooz stories glorifying white bigots marching with Tiki torches, etc etc etc. At some point most people get too scared to act, or they don't know who to believe. They just tune out.

Glen seems to think that everything's fine because a WHITE truck driver could get his kids into high powered university programs. Well, that really IS pretty cool, but it proves little. Actually, anyone will tell you that truck driver is the best job in the entertainment industry. They make out, and have more rest time than most crew who stay on their feet 16 hours a day. Transportation captain is god on a working shoot. Wheels don't turn, you don't earn.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2018 3:01 pm 
Board Emeritus

What I'm saying is that one of the reasons for apathy is that people are bombarded by conspiracy theories, doomsday prophecies, comparisons of US leadership to the early stages of Nazi Germany, Nooz stories glorifying white bigots marching with Tiki torches, etc etc etc. At some point most people get too scared to act, or they don't know who to believe. They just tune out.

Yeah, I'm not a fan of doomerism.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Doomer

Especially folks who have decided what they need to do is go off on a sailboat and watch the collapse of civilization. (Yes, I'm referring to a very real, doomerist douchebag.)

At least fight for its survival, or shut the living fuck up. All I can say to those people.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2018 3:25 pm 
Board Emeritus

Or the preppers. They've become one of those mutually reinforcing communities. They really think that their water tanks and private arsenals will matter if civilization collapses.

Another means of tuning out.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2018 9:51 pm 

The Moral Decline of America. Won't divulge the type I ESPECIALLY don't want to hear it from since this isn't a political sub-board.

If you're interested in lighthouses, you might want to check it out.

DON'T BLAME ME I VOTED AGAINST AMENDMENT ONE