RadioFreeLiberal.com

Smart Voices, Be Heard
It is currently Mon Jul 16, 2018 2:47 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2018 4:24 pm 
Board Emeritus

Havent own a set in years, saw a great deal, I think, Craigslist, fingers crossed

My friend plays a pretty mean lead and rhythm Fender, so hoping the set is what it appears to be in the pics.

Rock n roll

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2018 4:31 pm 
Board Emeritus

Now you need a bass. Rock on.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2018 4:33 pm 
Board Emeritus

and more actually...we might put an ad in the local hippie paper

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2018 6:35 pm 
Board Emeritus

And keys.

We could be like my old band with 2 keys players (me and Ike :) )

Stop calling the cops on us.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2018 9:52 pm 
Board Emeritus

My family's music store was a Tama dealer. Tama Drums were sweet. But they were expensive.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2018 4:51 pm 
Board Emeritus

Havent own a set in years, saw a great deal, I think, Craigslist, fingers crossed

My friend plays a pretty mean lead and rhythm Fender, so hoping the set is what it appears to be in the pics.

Rock n roll

Nice man. I myself am a drummer. My last kit was a Yamaha Oak Custom. I sold it though because after the band broke up it just sat in the garage. Super nice kit though. York Honey Amber it was.

Since that time I've purchased an E kit to teach my son, although he doesn't like me showing him anything. Super competitive.

The funny thing is, when I record music I use pre set VST drums (Superior Drummer by Toontrack).

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2018 5:37 pm 
Board Emeritus

Lead guitar here, though I haven't played for people in years. Art became more compelling.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2018 7:47 pm 
Board Emeritus

Nice man. I myself am a drummer. My last kit was a Yamaha Oak Custom. I sold it though because after the band broke up it just sat in the garage. Super nice kit though. York Honey Amber it was.

Since that time I've purchased an E kit to teach my son, although he doesn't like me showing him anything. Super competitive.

The funny thing is, when I record music I use pre set VST drums (Superior Drummer by Toontrack).

Just rehearsed, recorded it on phone but getting that to anywhere is near impossible, too big.

I cant email it or text it, I could probably upload to FB but I dont have that on my phone, maybe I will later when we get better.

I need a new cymbal stand, a new crash cymbal and we need a mic stand that reaches in so I can sing. Expensive.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2018 12:07 pm 
Board Emeritus

Congrats. Hope the set is what you want it to be.

Unrelated, well, sort of, I saw Roger Daltrey and the Cleveland Orchestra play Tommy last night. Roger still rocks at 74!

"No one is so foolish as to choose war over peace. In peace sons bury their fathers, in war fathers bury their sons." - Herodotus

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2018 12:47 pm 
Board Emeritus

Unrelated, well, sort of, I saw Roger Daltrey and the Cleveland Orchestra play Tommy last night. Roger still rocks at 74!

Holy shit.

Wow.

Rewind some years and I was at the WHO DEAD concert at Oakland Coliseum and my friend and I were reminiscing just the other day that we were almost crushed, we were close to the stage and it was festival seating, surprised we werent more often looking back at those days.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2018 10:46 pm 
Board Emeritus

Holy shit.

Wow.

Rewind some years and I was at the WHO DEAD concert at Oakland Coliseum and my friend and I were reminiscing just the other day that we were almost crushed, we were close to the stage and it was festival seating, surprised we werent more often looking back at those days.

Love The Who. Festival seating of course was what ended up with the deaths in Cincinnati. Townsend stepped on his dick in commenting about it right after it happened. I think he redeemed himself later.

Enjoy this of 5:15 with an excellent solo by Entwhistle:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wPTBBnABeUY

"No one is so foolish as to choose war over peace. In peace sons bury their fathers, in war fathers bury their sons." - Herodotus

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2018 12:15 am 
Board Emeritus

Yes, still a beautiful man :oops:

Stop calling the cops on us.