It is currently Thu Sep 20, 2018 1:29 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2018 6:33 pm 
Board Emeritus

https://www.lgbtqnation.com/2018/07/fra ... not-marry/

Quote:
Franklin Graham tells Jimmy Carter that Jesus would kill gay people, not marry them

When I tell you and I did over 2 years ago the right wants YOU dead and ME dead, fucking LISTEN to me god dammit!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2018 6:44 pm 
Board Emeritus

[from that nutty ass article]
“Jesus didn’t come to promote sin, He came to save us from sin,” Graham wrote. “The Bible is very clear. God destroyed the cities of Sodom and Gomorrah because of homosexuality. God defines sin in His Word—it’s not up to our opinion, the latest poll, or a popular vote.”
[snip][end]

... uhhh Frank ... maybe you ought to read what that Jesus feller (probably) actually said, rather than just thumping your Bible.

"'Now this was the sin of your sister Sodom: She and her daughters were arrogant, overfed and unconcerned; they did not help the poor and needy." -- Ezekiel 16:49

"And whosoever shall not receive you, nor hear you, when ye depart thence, shake off the dust under your feet for a testimony against them. Verily I say unto you, It shall be more tolerable for Sodom and Gomorrah in the day of judgment, than for that city.” Mark 6:11.

-- got it ... inhospitality, neglecting the poor, not buttfucking or geyseks. "Sodomy" is a classic misnomer.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2018 6:48 pm 
Board Emeritus

So, here's the right-wing logic: If God hates gays, he can kill them.

Okay, so, since God has NOT smited all the gays dead, Franklin, then maybe he doesn't give a shit whether they're gay or not.

You guys say he's all-powerful, so he doesn't need US to carry out his laws. If God doesn't do anything, then he obviously doesn't care.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2018 6:48 pm 
Board Emeritus

[from that nutty ass article]
“Jesus didn’t come to promote sin, He came to save us from sin,” Graham wrote. “The Bible is very clear. God destroyed the cities of Sodom and Gomorrah because of homosexuality. God defines sin in His Word—it’s not up to our opinion, the latest poll, or a popular vote.”
[snip][end]

... uhhh Frank ... maybe you ought to read what that Jesus feller (probably) actually said, rather than just thumping your Bible.

"'Now this was the sin of your sister Sodom: She and her daughters were arrogant, overfed and unconcerned; they did not help the poor and needy." -- Ezekiel 16:49

"And whosoever shall not receive you, nor hear you, when ye depart thence, shake off the dust under your feet for a testimony against them. Verily I say unto you, It shall be more tolerable for Sodom and Gomorrah in the day of judgment, than for that city.” Mark 6:11.

-- got it ... inhospitality, neglecting the poor, not buttfucking or geyseks. "Sodomy" is a classic misnomer.

You didnt just ask a rightwing american xtian to actually READ the bible, did you? :rw) :rofl: so precious

(I kid, I kid)

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2018 6:49 pm 
Board Emeritus

So, here's the right-wing logic: If God hates gays, he can kill them.

Okay, so, since God has NOT smited all the gays dead, Franklin, then maybe he doesn't give a shit whether they're gay or not.

You guys say he's all-powerful, so he doesn't need US to carry out his laws. If God doesn't do anything, then he obviously doesn't care.

And, since god wants all Gays dead, killing them when our government is totally under their control makes sense.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2018 6:58 pm 
Board Emeritus

https://www.lgbtqnation.com/2018/07/franklin-graham-tells-jimmy-carter-jesus-kill-gay-people-not-marry/

When I tell you and I did over 2 years ago the right wants YOU dead and ME dead, fucking LISTEN to me god dammit!

Evangelical Christians do not want Gay people dead. I have tried to explain this in the past but, it has always fallen on deaf ears.

LET ME PREFACE THIS BY SAYING THESE ARE NOT MY VIEWS OR BELIEFS

I have many Evangelicals in my family and they all believe that practicing homosexuals are going to spend all of eternity in Hell.

They also believe that the absolute worst sin a person could commit is not to warn a person about their impending doom in the lake of fire.

So when they say cruel and ugly things as Rev Graham has done, it is not out of hatred of Gays. It is in their twisted way out of a place of love.

Evangelicals do not want to see any person go to Hell. They believe Gays are doomed for Hell. Therefore they believe it is their Christian Duty to warn Gays.

They are not out to kill Gays.

It is the same as warning a person who is about to step in front of a speeding car or truck. I personally believe that every person here would warn any person they disagreed with, if that enemy were about to do so. Well, that is what Evangelicals are doing. They are warning Gays not to step in front of that speeding car of sin.

Now, why is that so hard to understand?

"within weeks of being rid of the likes of you, rid of every fucking one of you,we would begin to see what kind of country this ought to be" Ike Bana 6/14/18

Last edited by glenfs on Fri Jul 13, 2018 6:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2018 6:59 pm 
Board Emeritus

They sound like cultist morons. Because they are.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2018 7:00 pm 
Board Emeritus

sigh

Even when the biggest christian in the land says KILL ALL GAYS the cons wont believe it.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2018 7:00 pm 
Policy Wonk

pretty good article on the subject of evangelism

The Hijacking of Evangelicalism

Quote:
........In the United States, this message of liberation from poverty and oppression spread through the evangelical revivals of the 18th and 19th centuries — events that notably interrupted race and class divisions from upstate New York to the Deep South. (When revival first spread among Baptists in colonial Virginia, they briefly decided it was inappropriate for a Baptist to own a slave.) Theologian William C. Turner of Duke University has rightly noted that, in this evangelical tradition, any relationship with Jesus that does not also entail a quarrel with the status quo is deeply suspect. 19th century evangelicals were abolitionists, women’s suffragists, and social reformers.

But such religion was unpopular among slaveholders and the emerging industrialists. When every major denomination split mid-19th century over the question of slavery, plantation owners paid preachers and theologians to write defenses of slaveholder religion. These slaveholders produced a Bible without the Exodus, the prophets, and Jesus’ central teachings, of his “good news”. During Reconstruction, the same preachers decried the “immorality” of Reconstruction, winning allies in the North who eventually compromised in the name of unity. Slaveholder religion became faith in a free market that would bring good news to the whole world — or at least to those with the wealth and power who were willing to ignore the bad news of poverty, racism that so many millions were suffering. This is the myth of “One Nation Under God” that today’s spokesmen for evangelicalism preach, over and against the roots of our tradition.........

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2018 7:04 pm 
Board Emeritus

sigh

Even when the biggest christian in the land says KILL ALL GAYS the cons wont believe it.

You cannot show me anywhere in that article where Graham said kill all gays. I explained to you where his mindset is and why his mindset is there. He believes that all gays are going to Hell.

"within weeks of being rid of the likes of you, rid of every fucking one of you,we would begin to see what kind of country this ought to be" Ike Bana 6/14/18

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2018 7:08 pm 
Board Emeritus

You cannot show me anywhere in that article where Graham said kill all gays. I explained to you where his mindset is and why his mindset is there. He believes that all gays are going to Hell.

Her is our great "supporter" of gay rights defending Franklin Graham while trying to act like he isn't.

From the article:

“God loves us and gives us the truth in His Word. He warns us of the serious consequences of sin,” Graham finished before launching into one of the Bible verses that evangelicals use to condemn LGBT people.

Are you saying the Bible says that when he destroyed Sodom and Gomorrah, no gays were harmed? Yes or no?

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2018 7:10 pm 
Board Emeritus

I get why we argue with righty, but their leader says god wants all Gays dead and we are debating whether or not he said that.

He said that.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2018 7:20 pm 
Board Emeritus

Evangelical Christians do not want Gay people dead.

No?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Uganda_An ... _Act,_2014

The Uganda Anti-Homosexuality Act, 2014 (previously called the "Kill the Gays bill" in the western mainstream media due to death penalty clauses proposed in the original version)[1][2][3] was passed by the Parliament of Uganda, on 20 December 2013 with life in prison substituted for the death penalty.

[snip]

Certain US evangelists who are active in Africa have been accused of being responsible for inspiring the bill by inciting hatred by comparing homosexuality to paedophilia and influencing public policy with donations from US religious organisations. Among the critics were The Times,[82] Jeffrey Gettleman in The New York Times,[22] Time,[83] The Guardian,[23] a pan-African internet news journal for social justice named Pambazuka News,[84] and an international organisation with a similar objective named Inter Press Service.[85][note 1]

Kaoma said that certain US evangelicals, such as Lively and pastor Warren, have a history of missionary work in Uganda and have become influential in shaping public policy in Uganda and other countries.[24] Kaoma characterized their attempts to portray homosexuals as a threat to the African family as especially egregious, putting people's lives in danger: "When you speak like that, Africans will fight to the death."[22]

[snip]

US television host Rachel Maddow ran a continuing segment on the bill, entitled "Uganda Be Kidding Me" on The Rachel Maddow Show.[86] Maddow asserted that Cohen had "blood on [his] hands" for providing the false inspiration for the bill.[35] She has also questioned the truth in Warren's statements when he said in an interview "... it is not my political calling, as a pastor in America, to comment or interfere in the political process of other nations".[69] Maddow highlighted his actions supporting Uganda's break with the Anglican Church for being "pro-gay" and asserted that Warren had contradicted his condemnation of its anti-homosexuality bill.[87]

[snip][end]

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2018 7:21 pm 
Board Emeritus

I get why we argue with righty, but their leader says god wants all Gays dead and we are debating whether or not he said that.

He said that.

Yes, Graham is warning about the serious consequences of Sin and that God [ according to Graham's beliefs] is going to send all Gays to Hell. He does not say, in that statement that God wants Gays dead in the here and now. Although I am sure some RW preachers would say just that. What Graham is saying is God wants Gays to repent and quit their sinful ways so they can join us in the Kingdom of Heaven.

Trust me this one time Libby. I grew up listening to this crap and consider myself to be an expert. Thankfully my dad, while homophobic most of his life did not buy into the Evangelical crap. Which is why two of his sisters refused to talk to him the last 20 or so years of his life. Even when I called and begged them to a week before he died.

To paraphrase Johnnie Paycheck on judgement day I don't want to be with that crowd.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2018 7:25 pm 
Board Emeritus

Sodom and Gomorrah were destroyed, and all their inhabitants besides Lot and his family died, according to the Bible.

Board Emeritus

Yes, Graham is warning about the serious consequences of Sin and that God [ according to Graham's beliefs] is going to send all Gays to Hell. He does not say, in that statement that God wants Gays dead in the here and now. Although I am sure some RW preachers would say just that. What Graham is saying is God wants Gays to repent and quit their sinful ways so they can join us in the Kingdom of Heaven.

Trust me this one time Libby. I grew up listening to this crap and consider myself to be an expert. Thankfully my dad, while homophobic most of his life did not buy into the Evangelical crap. Which is why two of his sisters refused to talk to him the last 20 or so years of his life. Even when I called and begged them to a week before he died.

To paraphrase Johnnie Paycheck on judgement day I don't want to be with that crowd.

Why would God want all gays dead THEN but not NOW?

I mean, you believe the Bible, right? Yes or no?

Board Emeritus

Sodom and Gomorrah were destroyed, and all their inhabitants besides Lot and his family died, according to the Bible.

They dont just want all Gays dead, they want all Jewish people dead, all liberals dead.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2018 7:32 pm 
Board Emeritus

He definitely destroyed both cities. Abraham tries to bargain Yhvh out of it, but he does it anyway, sparing only his nephew Lot, and his family. But why?

The view that it was because of homosexuality is not found in early Jewish tradition. I know what the word "sodomy" has come to mean, hence sodomy laws, but it may be a misnomer.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sodomy

Behold, this was the iniquity of thy sister Sodom, pride, fullness of bread, and abundance of idleness was in her and in her daughters, neither did she strengthen the hand of the poor and needy. And they were haughty, and committed abomination before me: therefore I took them away as I saw good.
— KJV, Ezekiel 16:49-50).

Classical Jewish texts are seen by many as not stressing the homosexual aspect of the attitude of the inhabitants of Sodom as much as their cruelty and lack of hospitality to the "stranger".[47] The 13th-century Jewish scholar Nachmanides wrote, "According to our sages, they were notorious for every evil, but their fate was sealed for their persistence in not supporting the poor and the needy." His contemporary Rabbenu Yonah expresses the same view: "Scripture attributes their annihilation to their failure to practice tzedakah [charity or justice].

[snip][end]

Early Jewish interpretations stressed the city was destroyed due to neglect of the poor, and inhospitality to travelers and strangers (that is an important norm in nomadic/patoralist Semitic cultures).

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2018 7:41 pm 
Board Emeritus

Why would God want all gays dead THEN but not NOW?

I mean, you believe the Bible, right? Yes or no?

God does not want anyone dead. God wants all sinners to repent and join the kingdom of heaven.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2018 7:43 pm 
Board Emeritus

God does not want anyone dead. God wants all sinners to repent and join the kingdom of heaven.

Then why did he destroy Sodom and Gomorrah? I mean, I've done something YOU haven't - I've actually READ the Bible. God kills shitloads of people. Including every living thing on earth except for the beings on the ark.

If he doesn't want anyone dead, why the flood?

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2018 7:44 pm 
Board Emeritus

He definitely destroyed both cities. Abraham tries to bargain Yhvh out of it, but he does it anyway, sparing only his nephew Lot, and his family. But why?

The view that it was because of homosexuality is not found in early Jewish tradition. I know what the word "sodomy" has come to mean, hence sodomy laws, but it may be a misnomer.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sodomy

Behold, this was the iniquity of thy sister Sodom, pride, fullness of bread, and abundance of idleness was in her and in her daughters, neither did she strengthen the hand of the poor and needy. And they were haughty, and committed abomination before me: therefore I took them away as I saw good.
— KJV, Ezekiel 16:49-50).

Classical Jewish texts are seen by many as not stressing the homosexual aspect of the attitude of the inhabitants of Sodom as much as their cruelty and lack of hospitality to the "stranger".[47] The 13th-century Jewish scholar Nachmanides wrote, "According to our sages, they were notorious for every evil, but their fate was sealed for their persistence in not supporting the poor and the needy." His contemporary Rabbenu Yonah expresses the same view: "Scripture attributes their annihilation to their failure to practice tzedakah [charity or justice].

[snip][end]

Early Jewish interpretations stressed the city was destroyed due to neglect of the poor, and inhospitality to travelers and strangers (that is an important norm in nomadic/patoralist Semitic cultures).

Evangelicals as well as modern day Christians view the word abomination to refer to having sex. It is also how they justified slavery. Slaves were believed to be the Sons of Ham. Who shall be the servants of servants.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2018 7:45 pm 
Board Emeritus

Evangelicals as well as modern day Christians view the word abomination to refer to having sex. It is also how they justified slavery. Slaves were believed to be the Sons of Ham. Who shall be the servants of servants.

No, again, I've read it, you haven't. In the Bible, your skin color had nothing to do with slavery. That was the more modern-day twist, which many in your Republican Party still believe.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2018 7:47 pm 
Board Emeritus

Then why did he destroy Sodom and Gomorrah? I mean, I've done something YOU haven't - I've actually READ the Bible. God kills shitloads of people. Including every living thing on earth except for the beings on the ark.

If he doesn't want anyone dead, why the flood?

Those people all had the opportunity to repent and change their evil ways but chose not to. As we all know the wages of Sin is death.

SIDEBAR: I hope everyone knows I am playing the Devils advocate here and these are not my views. I grew up in a family that is/was at least half evangelical. Also my next door neighbor was an aspiring evangelist with a very nice in ground swimming pool he used to entice teenagers to his Bible Studies.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2018 7:49 pm 
Policy Wonk

www.youtube.com Video from : www.youtube.com

Socialism! That's that word that your politicians use that it's so nasty. Socialism. Other places just call it sharing. It's a good thing! You just share and give some to the less fortunate. -Fred Eaglesmith

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2018 7:51 pm 
Board Emeritus

Those people all had the opportunity to repent and change their evil ways but chose not to. As we all know the wages of Sin is death.

SIDEBAR: I hope everyone knows I am playing the Devils advocate here and these are not my views. I grew up in a family that is/was at least half evangelical. Also my next door neighbor was an aspiring evangelist with a very nice in ground swimming pool he used to entice teenagers to his Bible Studies.

No, you're defending the indefensible. You SAY you support gay rights, but every time it comes up, you defend the pure hatred of the right against gays. We see what side you're on. If we are for gay rights, you go against it.