RadioFreeLiberal.com

Smart Voices, Be Heard
It is currently Sat Oct 20, 2018 1:44 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2018 7:25 pm 
Board Emeritus

...... stereotyped. Last Thursday I was involved in a head on crash that totaled my car. [ no injuries] I was driving with my wife and 3 year old grandson in my 2014 Kia Forte when a lady driving a 1998 full size 3/4 ton Dodge Ram 4WD pick up was more than likely on the phone crossed into my lane and hit me.

She claimed her steering went out but, her husband showed up and drove her vehicle home. So she either nodded off from drugs or was texting.

Now for the Stereotyping not once but twice.

I called 9/11 which transferred me to the HW Patrol but, to the wrong extension where I got a recording about what number to call for various departments. I couldnt get the phone to hang up when a 9/11 operator from a private ambulance service stopped to help. He treated me very rudely and told my wife she needed to call 9/11. The wife told him I was calling them and he rudely told her that she needed to call. My wife said why she wasn't driving I was.

At which point he realized I was the driver of the 2014 Kia not the driver of the 1998 4WD pick up. Seeing a 60 year old man who looks like a truck driver, a 3 year old and 2 middle aged females he automatically figured I was driving the truck.

Then when the HW Patrol showed up it was deja vu all over again as he did the exact same thing. Had I been African American I might have been maced or tazed.

"within weeks of being rid of the likes of you, rid of every fucking one of you,we would begin to see what kind of country this ought to be" Ike Bana 6/14/18

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2018 10:46 pm 
Board Emeritus

Glad to hear you, you're wife, and grandson are okay. I hope you have good insurance and won't to fight with them or the other driver's insurance company.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2018 9:43 am 
Board Emeritus

My insurance company is only cheating me out of 1000 tp 2000 on my car. Along with only paying for a rental for 7 days. Some good neighbor.

"within weeks of being rid of the likes of you, rid of every fucking one of you,we would begin to see what kind of country this ought to be" Ike Bana 6/14/18

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2018 12:29 pm 
Board Emeritus

My insurance company is only cheating me out of 1000 tp 2000 on my car. Along with only paying for a rental for 7 days. Some good neighbor.

In 1999, I was headed from Sacramento to Montgomery, AL, to attend an AF school. I headed south and on I-10 in L.A. a car hit me on my rear passenger side and caused me to do a 180 across five lanes of traffic. Apparently, according to the police, the other driver had some sort of seizure. I wasn't injured but my car was a total loss. I had my car towed to a dealer and I contacted my insurance company, USAA. Since it was Friday and it was the Martin Luther King weekend they couldn't get to the car until Tuesday. I proceeded to AL and contacted the insurance company from there. They handled everything over the phone for me. They paid me the current value of the car, refunded me the remainder of the premiums, and paid the towing/storage costs. All-in-all, I ended up with more money than I originally paid for the car (used). A year later, I was golfing with an insurance agent, not from USAA, and we were talking about which companies were the best and when I mentioned USAA he admitted they were the best because it was cheaper for them to settle claims than nickle-and-dimming you on your claims.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2018 12:40 pm 
Board Emeritus

Glad you are OK. Accidents suck.

"No one is so foolish as to choose war over peace. In peace sons bury their fathers, in war fathers bury their sons." - Herodotus

The new motto of the USA: Unum de multis. Out of one, many.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2018 2:52 pm 
Board Emeritus

Glad you are OK. Accidents suck.

They sure do.