Smart Voices, Be Heard
It is currently Sun Sep 23, 2018 6:49 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

Post subject: Venting Thread
PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2018 9:55 am 
Board Emeritus

So my father in law suffered a major heart attack over a week ago. My wife flew down to help him and her mom. He was released from the hospital yesterday after major surgery last week and my mother in law asked my wife to stay a couple of extra days to help since he needs 24/7 care for awhile. What's the first thing he does? He gets parked in the living room in front of the TV and puts on Fox News, because he knows it pisses my wife off. She's down there helping him and he decides to troll her. What a disrespectful prick this guy is.

Post subject: Re: Venting Thread
PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2018 11:25 am 
Board Emeritus

So my father in law suffered a major heart attack over a week ago. My wife flew down to help him and her mom. He was released from the hospital yesterday after major surgery last week and my mother in law asked my wife to stay a couple of extra days to help since he needs 24/7 care for awhile. What's the first thing he does? He gets parked in the living room in front of the TV and puts on Fox News, because he knows it pisses my wife off. She's down there helping him and he decides to troll her. What a disrespectful prick this guy is.

They dont deserve to be here, at all.

They really dont.

I am not suggesting anything, just making a factual statement.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2018 10:29 pm 
Board Emeritus

shows how weak this person has been and feels now.
he is facing his death and chooses instead to irritate another human, one he knows.

sad state for end of life.
stay strong Drak.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2018 12:34 pm 
Policy Wonk

None of us, of course, have any understanding of your family dynamics.

But I do know that as humans, we often read into the actions of others. Our tolerance seems to be especially low with family members. It is possible that this is just what he watches, and it has little to do with intentionally irritating his daughter. Either way, I suggest she just grin and bear it. There is some reason your wife choose to go and assist.

But then again, I don't know him, your spouse or anyone else involved.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2018 1:08 pm 
Board Emeritus

But I do know that as humans, we often read into the actions of others. Our tolerance seems to be especially low with family members. It is possible that this is just what he watches, and it has little to do with intentionally irritating his daughter. Either way, I suggest she just grin and bear it. There is some reason your wife choose to go and assist.

You're right. It's like a friend trying to get you to side with them in a family problem and the only facts you know are the facts your friend tells you. A one-sided argument is an argument to avoid.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2018 2:01 pm 
Board Emeritus

Tolerance is low with me because I was raised differently. I was raised to be polite and respectful, although when I hit adulthood I realized people that don't respect don't deserve it back. Her father used to shock me every time he opened his mouth. He's a larger than life character who seems unreal.

As far as my wife - for sure. She knows her dad and I'm sure she just rolled her eyes and went about her business. She loves her parents and she's used to them. I think for her, it's actually made her a very good person, being around someone like him from birth. It could have gone the other direction, but instead she has the most tolerance and patience I've ever seen. And she's a most loving mother to our son.

But he is a troll. He spends his life verbally abusing others and starting arguments. Or barking orders at my MIL. He 100 percent put it on to try and piss her off because he thinks if's funny to try and annoy people. My MIL even claimed that he only puts on FOX to try and piss us off when we visit.

He's the most miserable person I've ever met in my life.

OK end rant.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2018 4:04 pm 
Board Emeritus

Tolerance is low with me because I was raised differently. I was raised to be polite and respectful, although when I hit adulthood I realized people that don't respect don't deserve it back. Her father used to shock me every time he opened his mouth. He's a larger than life character who seems unreal.

As far as my wife - for sure. She knows her dad and I'm sure she just rolled her eyes and went about her business. She loves her parents and she's used to them. I think for her, it's actually made her a very good person, being around someone like him from birth. It could have gone the other direction, but instead she has the most tolerance and patience I've ever seen. And she's a most loving mother to our son.

But he is a troll. He spends his life verbally abusing others and starting arguments. Or barking orders at my MIL. He 100 percent put it on to try and piss her off because he thinks if's funny to try and annoy people. My MIL even claimed that he only puts on FOX to try and piss us off when we visit.

OK end rant.

I've met and dealt with people like your FIL and the best response I've found is to intentionally ignore him and continue doing what you're involved in. If he interrupts a conversation you're having let him have his say then ignore him by not responding to his comments and continue your conversation with the person(s) you're having it with. I've even gone so far as to piss off the trolls and loud-mouths by simple turning to them and saying "That's very interesting, but please shut up." It drives them up the wall and the others in the room usually burst out laughing.

Basically, what I saying is your FIL is playing games and the best way to deal with it is not to play the game. If you don't engage him when he's playing his games (trolling) then he'll eventually grow tired of it knowing you're not going to engage or react to him.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2018 7:02 pm 
Board Emeritus

i had a guy try to troll me last nite. he throws the word "liberal" out, about me, to me. :rw) :rw)

he's so stupid. :rw)

i never stop what im doing i just ignore him. im waiting to see how many times he says it to
get my attention. :rw)
this guy still insists groper is gonna "fix the VA", and no, he is not a vet.
ohmy! :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :gum:

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2018 7:07 pm 
Board Emeritus

OK end rant.

bullies usually are and clearly his story indicates he is a class a bully.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2018 8:02 am 
Board Emeritus

I get the whole family dynamics issue. As many know here I have talked about how my father was an abuser. In Mrs. Bird's family it isn't abuse but rather just annoying crap. Of course as people age those who are younger see how age can really impact some people. So it is with my MIL. I just sigh as does Mrs. Bird. Her mother has been living with us for a bit as she recovers from breaking her upper arm. She fell off of the steps leading into her house. So now this has finally driven home that she needs to move and we have been dealing with that.

But one of my major rants has to do with business in particular and humans in general. People are so discourteous. I try to make contact with someone who contacts the company because they allegedly have a need. I get no response from phone calls or e-mails. How long does it take to send an e-mail and tell me to go fuck myself? But God forbid if I didn't reach out. They would call and complain that they didn't hear from anyone.

Grrrr.

"No one is so foolish as to choose war over peace. In peace sons bury their fathers, in war fathers bury their sons." - Herodotus

The new motto of the USA: Unum de multis. Out of one, many.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2018 9:39 am 
Board Emeritus

I get the whole family dynamics issue. As many know here I have talked about how my father was an abuser. In Mrs. Bird's family it isn't abuse but rather just annoying crap. Of course as people age those who are younger see how age can really impact some people. So it is with my MIL. I just sigh as does Mrs. Bird. Her mother has been living with us for a bit as she recovers from breaking her upper arm. She fell off of the steps leading into her house. So now this has finally driven home that she needs to move and we have been dealing with that.

But one of my major rants has to do with business in particular and humans in general. People are so discourteous. I try to make contact with someone who contacts the company because they allegedly have a need. I get no response from phone calls or e-mails. How long does it take to send an e-mail and tell me to go fuck myself? But God forbid if I didn't reach out. They would call and complain that they didn't hear from anyone.

Grrrr.

I hear you.

And customer service can be brutal - requires a crap load of patience. What sort of business is it? No worries if you don't want to answer.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2018 9:41 am 
Board Emeritus

bullies usually are and clearly his story indicates he is a class a bully.

Yep. That's it. He also lives his life in constant fear.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2018 6:32 pm 
Board Emeritus

ive got a venting issue im dealing with. id written to senators office about what i consider to
be medical neglect.
senators office sent me the VA heads response, which, of course blamed me for any issues.

they didnt mention how the "Dr" wanted to operate on the non-injured shoulder and refused to
allow the patient to ask any questions: "NO! questions!!"

i figure i saved my own life by fleeing both that civilian "Dr" and the "VA".

now im paying CASH out of pocket for at least some decent med care.
yes cash...you might be amazed at how many mericans are paying CASH for the med care they get.

meanwhile, they are trying very hard to totally Crash the Tricare system which would then FORCE
veterans into VA systems so they can be churned out civilian to "Drs" who DGAF which is how i got
to wrong shoulder asshole white guy punk fuck.
"Drs" with no overhead now, they all work under and for and in corp hospitals where they bear
little to no cost for behaving like "Drs".
theyve got nothing to lose. some corp pays all their neglect bills.
welcome home.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2018 10:10 pm 
Board Emeritus

I hear you.

And customer service can be brutal - requires a crap load of patience. What sort of business is it? No worries if you don't want to answer.

We manufacture and sell protective coatings and linings for various applications. Our major focus is municipal wastewater and water as well as oil & gas secondary containment in the fracking fields. In my geography it is municipal mostly. We do manhole rehabilitation, large diameter pipe, underground structures on into the treatment plants in clarifiers, headworks, grit chambers, digesters and so on. Heavy duty corrosion protection. The H2S in and the weak sulfuric acid from MIC (Microbiologically Influenced Corrosion) loves concrete and mortar in brick manholes.

"No one is so foolish as to choose war over peace. In peace sons bury their fathers, in war fathers bury their sons." - Herodotus

The new motto of the USA: Unum de multis. Out of one, many.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2018 1:05 pm 
Board Emeritus

I agree just be happy it isnt the weather channel. Also you are suppose to respect your elders
Having FOX on is hardly a sacrifice when you factor in all the things our elders have done for us over the decades

"within weeks of being rid of the likes of you, rid of every fucking one of you,we would begin to see what kind of country this ought to be" Ike Bana 6/14/18

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2018 2:06 pm 
Board Emeritus

I agree just be happy it isnt the weather channel. Also you are suppose to respect your elders
Having FOX on is hardly a sacrifice when you factor in all the things our elders have done for us over the decades

What a load of pure bullshit. Respect your elders just cuz? Respect is earned. I think it's fair to be polite in general. I tend to be pretty polite with those who show respect and to those I meet out in the real world that I don't know. But if someone is being a complete fucking douche bag and a prick, and takes pleasure from of treating others like shit for no reason, then no. It isn't just a matter of watching Fox News. It's a matter of purposeful trolling. You don't know my father in law. I do.

It's rich hearing you talk about respecting elders when you trash talk older folks all the time, on these very boards.

Last edited by Drak on Mon Aug 27, 2018 2:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2018 2:07 pm 
Board Emeritus

We manufacture and sell protective coatings and linings for various applications. Our major focus is municipal wastewater and water as well as oil & gas secondary containment in the fracking fields. In my geography it is municipal mostly. We do manhole rehabilitation, large diameter pipe, underground structures on into the treatment plants in clarifiers, headworks, grit chambers, digesters and so on. Heavy duty corrosion protection. The H2S in and the weak sulfuric acid from MIC (Microbiologically Influenced Corrosion) loves concrete and mortar in brick manholes.

Sounds like a lucrative business.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2018 2:29 pm 
Board Emeritus

What a load of pure bullshit. Respect your elders just cuz? Respect is earned. I think it's fair to be polite in general. I tend to be pretty polite with those who show respect and to those I meet out in the real world that I don't know. But if someone is being a complete fucking douche bag and a prick, and takes pleasure from of treating others like shit for no reason, then no. It isn't just a matter of watching Fox News. It's a matter of purposeful trolling. You don't know my father in law. I do.

I agree 100. I'll show respect to others until they demonstrate they don't deserve it. Usually, what I'll do is ignore them but there are time when a sharp tongue-lashing is warranted. People who behave like your FIL do it for the same reason a 5-year old acts up; to get attention.

Quote:
It's rich hearing you talk about respecting elders when you trash talk older folks all the time, on these very boards.

Look up hypocrisy and you'll see glen's picture.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2018 2:39 pm 
Board Emeritus

I agree 100. I'll show respect to others until they demonstrate they don't deserve it. Usually, what I'll do is ignore them but there are time when a sharp tongue-lashing is warranted. People who behave like your FIL do it for the same reason a 5-year old acts up; to get attention.

Look up hypocrisy and you'll see glen's picture.

Hey I was going to get back to the point you made earlier in this thread.

In person, I don't really engage my FIL anymore. I'm pretty apathetic when he's around. When he's flapping his gums I tune him out. That said, over the last 2 years he hasn't tried to piss me off. I got some much needed release when they voted for Trump and I let them both have it. After that a wave washed over me.

I just get upset when I hear how he treats his immediate family. A few days ago he was angry because he wanted a new recliner in order to be more comfortable. My MIL went over options with him and went and bought him one. Then family friends picked it up at the store, dropped if off and set it up.

Apparently he lost it on them and his wife, telling them it wasn't the chair he wanted. He had a full on temper tantrum. Didn't thank anyone for helping, told them they were useless. The friends said goodbye, and just left them there with the chair. Don't blame em.

Anyways, enough venting about the FIL. :)

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2018 6:31 pm 
Board Emeritus

hey drak...thats some fucked up shit and i wouldnt let the fucker back in My house again.
he wants to prey on his wife fine, but he aint coming to my house to prey on anyone in it.

this is out right crazy insane. you get that correct?
Quote:
Apparently he lost it on them and his wife, telling them it wasn't the chair he wanted. He had a full on temper tantrum. Didn't thank anyone for helping, told them they were useless. The friends said goodbye, and just left them there with the chair. Don't blame em.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2018 6:41 pm 
Board Emeritus

hey drak...thats some fucked up shit and i wouldnt let the fucker back in My house again.
he wants to prey on his wife fine, but he aint coming to my house to prey on anyone in it.

this is out right crazy insane. you get that correct?

Yah totally. I can go through a huge list of stories that would shock people about this guy. His brother too. His remaining sibling isn't a good person either.

They actually don't get to stay in our house anymore. When they visit they stay at a hotel. They come over for birthday presents, xmas opening etc.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2018 7:56 pm 
Board Emeritus

Yah totally. I can go through a huge list of stories that would shock people about this guy. His brother too. His remaining sibling isn't a good person either.

They actually don't get to stay in our house anymore. When they visit they stay at a hotel. They come over for birthday presents, xmas opening etc.

glad they dont get to stay in your place and im sure you realize youve got trumps abuse behavior coming
for xmas.
you could always go meet up in the park. :rw)